Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Selespeed Reviews

Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Selespeed - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Selespeed

Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Selespeed
Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Selespeed

“i have a 147 selespeed 2.0 and i has a problem at the...”

Written on: 03/02/2011

i have a 147 selespeed 2.0 and i has a problem at the min with the gearbox witch will not go in to gear!! i dont understand as i only came back from the shop and parked it up then i returned in the morning to find this problem if any 1 has any answers i would be very happy to hear them as i am baffled !!! my email; tobyjug@gmx.co.uk or contact number is 07580593222 thanks again !!!… Read Full Review

Mankunku's Comment

Written on: 31/10/2011

hello mate check if it doesnt need gearbox oil,i had the same problem and bought gearbox oil for just under 8quid,pour it where it goes and my car was fine.hope this helps you too

“in my 9 years since original ownership I have only...”

Written on: 23/01/2011

in my 9 years since original ownership I have only been let down (at the road side) - twice
after 8 years I had a problem with my relay box controlling the gear box. This was replaced for Euro2,000 + labour!
There are also glitches which do not affect being let down at the roadside. ie regular resetting of the airbag dashboard light.
+ occasional "ASB System failure" dashboard indicator. Disappears after a short time - braking not affected.
Overall - a satisfactory true "petrol head's"… Read Full Review

“Selespeed system is great. I cannot understand why...”

Written on: 12/03/2010 by destham (1 review written)

Selespeed system is great. I cannot understand why this car has not been popular. It is great value as a second hand car. Many months of happy motoring… Read Full Review

“The Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Selespeed has excellent...”

Written on: 03/03/2009

The Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Selespeed has excellent performance, great engine and engine sound, high spec interior, good feel of luxury compared to other makes in its class. Ironically, very good value for money because of its depreciation. wait a couple of years and buy a relatively young car at a fraction of the new cars price. Real drivers car nothing in its class feels and sounds like it on an open road, not as fragile as many say, but if it does break down your pocket will take a hard hit… Read Full Review

“Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Selespeed- A really good motor!...”

Written on: 20/01/2009 by bigagino (1 review written)

Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Selespeed- A really good motor! Beautiful looking car from the front. I like the way the handles to the rear doors are slightly hidden to make the car more streamlined in the 4 door version. Handles well and good accelaration with the 1.9 version. Selespeed is efficient with city, gearstick and the paddles… Read Full Review

“A great vehicle. The Alfa-Romeo 147 2.0 Selespeed. If...”

Written on: 29/02/2008

A great vehicle. The Alfa-Romeo 147 2.0 Selespeed. If your an Alfa fan, you will love it, and if your not you'll be very quick to change your mind about it. The 147 design has been thoroughly made to suite the driver, and yes BMW used it on the 1 series. The vehicle has its astonishing looks, with perfect lines from front to back. The window design on the sides have been made so that when they are open that the wind passes into the car and not into your face. The controls are user friendly… Read Full Review

“My Alfa Romeo 147s been fine, Selespeed is working...”

Written on: 28/11/2005 by alfamad33 (1 review written)

My Alfa Romeo 147s been fine, Selespeed is working fine, although I'm still not sure how good it is really! I like the city option- guess I'm getting old!
My gripe is the suspension, which needed parts- a common problem- i was advised! It still groans and rumbles!
The ride is very hard too- almost bone jarring, Ouch!… Read Full Review

“If you are reading this, it's probably because you...”

Written on: 14/10/2005 by tooshydeshy (2 reviews written)

If you are reading this, it's probably because you have seen an Alfa Romeo 147 and thought, as I did, "Wow, what a beautiful car, I wonder what it's like to drive/own?" If you are reading this to confirm your suspicions that the Selespeed gear-box is bad, stop now. You won't hear a word said against it here. I have not had a single problem with this car. Not one.

This is a very personal review about a love affair with a car. I have owned a five-door 147 Selespeed for 18 months now. It's a… Read Full Review

Revvyman's Response to tooshydeshy's Review

Written on: 01/11/2005

Great review, your enthusiasm reminds me why I bought one!
<br>I also had about 18 months where I was totally in love with the 147 Selespeed, the box is great, engine fab and looks both in and out are just brilliant. Unfortunatley it then started to misbehave, not just a bit, but a lot. I can assure you getting a box full of neutrals whilst overtaking is not fun. The bus suddenly looks an appealing option! I tried 4 different dealers and contacted Alfa UK, and none were able to cure it's ills. A car for the brave and fit (it's a long walk to the bus stop!)

“I recently purchased the Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Selespeed...”

Written on: 13/04/2004 by gennapatterson (2 reviews written)

I recently purchased the Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Selespeed car back in December and have loved it since buying it. I have got the Lusso pack which includes the leather heated seats, air con etc... The only fault I can find in the car is in the boot. My partner is unable to fit a set of golf clubs in there without having to put the seats down… Read Full Review

Locust's Response to gennapatterson's Review

Written on: 12/12/2004

I used to put the seat down to get a golf bag in my 147 - then I found they'll go across the widest part of the boot. Post the clubs in head-first, under the shelf on the left, then lower the bag in on the right. Plenty of room for other golf clobber behind and on top.
<br>
<br>Hope your clubs fit too, and that you enjoy the car even more!

☆☆☆☆☆

“The Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Selespeed 3dr is great to...”

Written on: 03/03/2004 by revvyman (5 reviews written)

The Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Selespeed 3dr is great to drive.... when it works! Those old Alfa gremlins are still there, suppose it was asking for trouble getting a Selespeed, but didn't expect it to start suddenly deciding neutral is the best gear to be in when overtaking...anyone got some new underpants!
The dealers are nearly as bad as Merc dealers, and that believe me is saying something! The vintage Lancia Dedra courtesy car was a nice touch from our local dealer, vintage cars could catch on -… Read Full Review

Natalieflo's Response to revvyman's Review

Written on: 12/10/2004

Excellent and so true, I would have got to know the AA man on 1st name terms too, had the garage told me I was actually with the AA ..doh!

Natalieflo's Response to revvyman's Review

Written on: 03/02/2005

Ah good ol' reliable honda, I've had a few. An excellent choice the R type, funny thing is most people who have Alfa's go back to good ol'japanese reliability! Hence my review on another site entitled "Italians should get the Japanese involved" I do love my Alfa now all its problems seem to have been sorted out (touch wood) the only problem they cant cure on the 2.0TS lusso is it's drink problem (rather heavy on the juice and oil)...Thanks for your comment.

Jameso's Response to revvyman's Review

Written on: 01/02/2005

As an former Alfa GTV owner I can only agree unfortunately! Lovely looking cars no denying, but these cars really are a heartache to own on a long-term basis. Build quality is very poor given the purchase cost, this includes both chassis/mechanical and electrics. My GTV cost me £1100 to get it through the first MOT after a measly 21k miles! The dealers were appalling as were Alfa Romeo UK. Let this be a warning to you....use your head not your heart. I now have a Type-R Honda Accord which is fantastic and a refreshing change.