Alfa Romeo 147 1.6 Lusso 3dr Reviews

Alfa Romeo 147 1.6 Lusso 3dr - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Alfa Romeo 147 1.6 Lusso 3dr

Alfa Romeo 147 1.6 Lusso 3dr
Alfa Romeo 147 1.6 Lusso 3dr

“I've had my Alfa Romeo 147 1.6 Lusso for just over 3...”

Written on: 25/04/2009 by elyseb (1 review written)

I've had my Alfa Romeo 147 1.6 Lusso for just over 3 years and I love it! I agree with other reviews that it's a drivers car. I love driving and it's such a pleasure to drive. Everyone told me not to get an Alfa because they're unreliable but the only problems I have with it are electrical - having to replace bulbs and sometimes I get warning indicators that bulbs have gone when they havent. But thats nothing that a quick diagnostic test wont solve. Unfortunately my car has been bumped 3 times… Read Full Review

“This car deserves to carry a name that is reputed for...”

Written on: 30/03/2007 by FastFerret (4 reviews written)

This car deserves to carry a name that is reputed for racing success. With the P-Zero tyres and regular servicing it never fails to perform in class above its contemporaries. Dealer costs are very high though. Recently, Alfa Romeo reduced the CAMBELT replacement down to 36k miles as they do break and destroy the heads, get it done while in warranty or a bill of over £1900 can be expected.
These engines are designed to use oil so don't be bemused if you are topping up the engine every 500… Read Full Review

Elyseb's Response to FastFerret's Review

Written on: 30/07/2009

I found this review very helpful because...I am sick and tired of people slating Alfa's....they are great cars to look at....to drive.....oh and they arent too common either.

“Love the Alfa Romeo 147 but have to admit that I would...”

Written on: 06/02/2006 by alzywalzy (1 review written)

Love the Alfa Romeo 147 but have to admit that I would think long and hard before buying another. Servicing is expensive through the dealership but you can pay approx. a third less if you find a good 'Italian car specialist' garage. Very reliable and best at high motorway speed, pulls lovely from 90mph up to 130moh+ (whilst driving in Germany) but mpg drops to low teens… Read Full Review

“Really nice car with loads of gadgets. Very stylish...”

Written on: 28/01/2006 by pmenelas (1 review written)

Really nice car with loads of gadgets. Very stylish and drive really well. A+++ Recommended… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“What a load of rubbish. I waited for ages before I...”

Written on: 19/01/2006 by mel4 (1 review written)

What a load of rubbish. I waited for ages before I bought one of these Alfa Romeo 147 monsters!! I have only had it 3 months, and half of that time (really) has been back to Dixon dealer. I still need £1000 spending on it. It only had one owner and 34,000 miles. Never again… Read Full Review

Xbo51's Response to mel4's Review

Written on: 02/10/2006

It sounds like you had 1 owner who didn't look after it. I'm on my second 147. With the first I did 92,000 miles, and I didn't have a single problem with it. And have just driven the second one from Edinburgh through Europe to Slovakia, and I haven't had a single problem.

“Have my 16 Lusso for 3 weeks now, still look at it....”

Written on: 26/03/2005 by stew750 (3 reviews written)

Have my 16 Lusso for 3 weeks now, still look at it. Having an BRG MgZR+ before I thought what is gonna match the styling. The MG was just about styling wanted to change. 147 caught my eye. The styling, a designer interior which easily outshines a beemer. Have had a few niggles with it (warped disc, airbag failure light), all have been repaired by Alfa dealer whom I would give a thumbs up for their customer after service as they'd also repaired a couple of other faults which I hadn't mentioned… Read Full Review

“Looks, obviously. If you consider that the main rivals...”

Written on: 04/09/2003 by Ross Britnell (1 review written)

Looks, obviously. If you consider that the main rivals for the Alfa Romeo 147 1.6 Lusso 3dr car are the Astra, Focus and Golf, the 147 stands out from the crowd. Sweeping lines and and glorious interior are easily the match of any car in its class, and will wipe the smile from any BMW compact owners you come across. Add to this a 1.6 engine that feels far faster than it is, never feels underpowered and you have a car with sharp handling, and loads of gadgets. The Alfa 147 is the finest car in… Read Full Review

Revvyman's Response to Ross Britnell's Review

Written on: 03/03/2004

Hmmm, obviously I got the Friday car, useless piece of garbage with rattles everywhere. Also think it\'s a better car than Golf/Focus but only if they can get the build and dealers sorted which on mine was not the case. The dealers are almost the worst I have experienced(after Merc dealers, yes really they are awful)

182499_Ndls's Response to Ross Britnell's Review

Written on: 26/01/2005

Agree with the negative comments...great car to drive, looks nice, and the build quality is OK...but reliability is poor, residual values are terrible, and when you have problems Alfa GB are no help, and local dealers simply refer you back to Alfa. My 51 reg 1.6 Lusso had a steering rack failure two months after I bought it, a leaking weld in the passenger footwell after a year, power steering failure last December, and a snapped cam belt at 45,00 miles. Sad to say, after my experiences, I'll never have another Alfa... now changing to a Golf instead!

Natalieflo's Response to Ross Britnell's Review

Written on: 12/10/2004

Pleased to hear there is another friday car out there! Our's is the 2.0 TS Lusso, love the car, hate spending all my days off sat at the dealership, too many problems to list mainly with the computer and electrics.

Richard Williams's Response to Ross Britnell's Review

Written on: 10/07/2004

I've had my 147 for just over 2 years from new and done about 49K miles in it. For the second time this year it's in the garage for major repairs (cam belt went 24k before recommended change and power steering pipe disintegrated!!) and I've had very little support from Alfa. So far I've had to spend over £800 on hire cars and I've got no idea when I'm going to get it back. From new it's had a rattle in 2nd gear which both the Alfa garage and Alfa have been unable to fix. This is a real shame as it's a good looking car which is fun to drive. I was going to change to a 156 Speedwagon before this latest incident but I'm now looking at other more reliable makes.

Newman's Response to Ross Britnell's Review

Written on: 21/06/2004

I bought my wife a new 147 1.6 lusso 3dr back in early May. So far very pleased, no rattles or squeaks [except from the kids]. Everyone comments on how quiet and 'comfy' it is, great list of standard & optional features too. I think it could do with a 6th gear or a different 5th gear ratio though ! Just to reduce engine revs at high motorway speeds and increase fuel ecomony.

“A stylish sporty car that is comfortable & full of...”

Written on: 11/03/2003 by Steve. (1 review written)

A stylish sporty car that is comfortable & full of gadgets for the typical male driver.
Great fun to drive, with good acceleration and road handling beyond belief.
Above 70mph the ride is noisy and the fuel gauge drops quickly (25mpg!)
The heater fan is also noisy.
The bodywork is not of German standard. I have noticed on nearly all 147's that the bonnet does not fit well with the wings.

109287_Rob.'s Response to 79194_Steve.'s Review

Written on: 21/06/2003

I'm sry, just had to make sure you understand that Alfa Romeo is not a German car manufacturer, and so you shouldn't expect German build quality. If you had been expecting Italian build quality, you might not have been so unhappy, or known you get what you pay for. I have not owned the 147, but I have had the chance to drive it on a few occasions. I must say, it is a sweet car. It looks good, it drives good and is comfortable.

Greekdaemon's Response to 79194_Steve.'s Review

Written on: 05/09/2003

I have the car for two years.Driving it is pleasure especially if sone has the 16" or 17" weels.As for the "German" who wrote these unbelievable things let him buy ANYTHING GERMAN at the same price or even 3000€ more.I will be waving both my hands to salute him as I 'll be passing with the speed and the elegance that he will never even dream.Comfortably too..