Nissan X-Trail 2.0 SE+ Reviews

Media Gallery for Nissan X-Trail 2.0 SE+

Nissan X-Trail 2.0 SE+
Nissan X-Trail 2.0 SE+

“rear wheel bearing”

Written on: 05/08/2013 by stevedouce (1 review written)

my partner purchased a 2002 2.0 petrol with lpg conversion last september after less than 6 months the n/s/r wheel bearing needed changing which resulted in a second hand hub unit being purchased and the car being left on axle stands for four weeks whilst searching for a replacmentas new its £200 plus vat for a new hub plus almost the same again for a new abs sensor. low and behold the other side has now gone. It may be just me but it appears that this is a design floor that nissan are making… Read Full Review

“Just 60,000 miles with a full main dealer service...”

Written on: 15/09/2010 by moonplanterbob (1 review written)

Just 60,000 miles with a full main dealer service history and the car required: Complete engine bottom end
Both catalytic converters
Both lambda sensors
and now the off side rear wheel bearings are rumbling and it is now stuck in 4wd !!

Wish I had stuck with a Jeep !!!
No sympathy or consideration from the dealer as it is out of warranty...
My last Jeep was faultless with 220,000 miles.

“I am a mortgage broker and as such, do a lot of kms....”

Written on: 02/11/2008 by srichar3 (1 review written)

I am a mortgage broker and as such, do a lot of kms. This car is awesome for just that. On the highway, I'll get 8.5L/100km. Around town 10L/100km. But if you are looking for a 4wd that is economical, look elsewhere. On hard sand it goes fine, but on soft sand, it'll bottom out and drag its guts every couple of seconds, the drive train overheats in no time and the clutch burns pretty quick as well.
I've only been on sand twice and wish Id never bought it now, as Im contemplating replacing the… Read Full Review

“Apart from the above, I have not had problems with...”

Written on: 18/01/2008

Apart from the above, I have not had problems with the vehicle… Read Full Review

“Use my vehicle to sleep in when camping. fits a single...”

Written on: 25/07/2007 by Boondocky (1 review written)

Use my vehicle to sleep in when camping. fits a single air mattress perfectly. Sleep safe, sound and secure!… Read Full Review

“I brought my Nissan X-Trail 2.0 SE+ to fulfil two...”

Written on: 02/02/2007 by Anthillgb (1 review written)

I brought my Nissan X-Trail 2.0 SE+ to fulfil two categories. Cat one as a reliable 4x4 to tow my caravan and cat two to give the appearance of a large saloon when not towing. The X Trail is a perfect match for my requirements and has served me well for the last 4 years. Regular servicing up to 62.000 miles as of today has cost a change of tyres and brakes, front and rear, and I'm still on the original battery. Cream leather seats are still as new and apart from being nibbled by Dartmoor… Read Full Review

Robbo297's Response to Anthillgb's Review

Written on: 14/09/2010

I found this review helpful because...I bought an X-Trail recently and was hoping this was the vehicle which would last me for a lot of years to come. These comments, I found, were quite reassuring!

“We chose a Nissan X-Trail 2.0 SE+ because we thought...”

Written on: 07/06/2006 by jayniegal (3 reviews written)

We chose a Nissan X-Trail 2.0 SE+ because we thought they were reliable - we could not have been more wrong. To have to replace brakes all round, wheel bearings x 2, hubs x 2, exhaust manifold ,, exhaust backbox, rear wiper motor (twice) ABS sensor lead (£236!!!!), some sort of sensor on the catalytic convertor - all within the last 12 months has been a financial nightmare.

Great looking car - but I really would not recommend it. We have loved driving it as it is a pleasure when it's all OK… Read Full Review

Mikeandbella's Response to jayniegal's Review

Written on: 30/10/2006

Should have brought a Vauxhall Frontera instead of a Nissan X-Trail.

“After 20k the Nissan X-Trail started smoking badly....”

Written on: 15/09/2005 by andyval (1 review written)

After 20k the Nissan X-Trail started smoking badly. Under warranty Nissan dealers changed ECU and injectors. Cured smoking but engine blew up shortly afterwards. Probably caused by the original problem - overfuelling caused by faulty injectors or ECU. Apparently this fault is known by Nissan. Beware… Read Full Review

Rhonda Stirling's Response to andyval's Review

Written on: 01/10/2005

It is scary to think that that could happen to my new X-trail as well and leave me stranded. If that happened I would wish that I still had my 1993 & 1993 Jeep Cherokke Sport that never let me down anytime! Rhonda S.

“I am somewhat perplexed with the Nissan X-Trail as to...”

Written on: 15/09/2005 by Rhonda Stirling (1 review written)

I am somewhat perplexed with the Nissan X-Trail as to why the plastic front fenders? and wonder how they will hold up in the long term. We liked the mounting of the gear-shift on this vehicle as compared to the Honda CRV where it is oddly mounted on the dash. We liked the spare being in the vehicle below the floor as compared to Honda's CRV and Toyota's RAV being mounted on the rear where they are subject to impact and costly body ship repair bills! The ride in this vehicle is far… Read Full Review

Mrcham's Response to Rhonda Stirling's Review

Written on: 29/11/2009

You comment on the plastic fenders, why they are there and how well will they stand up.
<br/>I have owned 2 Xtrails over the past 8 years. The plastic fenders are designed to take minor knocks without any lasting damage, which they will within reason. The front wings will flex in and just pop back out again. I have caught a front wing and pulled it completely out at the front, and to my amazement I loosened 2 screws and it went back into place with no visible damage. However I have also run into a bollard and puhed a big dent in the bumper corner. So there are benefits, but only up to a point.

“I bought my Nissan X-Trail 2.5 SE+ 4x4 2 years ago....”

Written on: 22/07/2004 by joon (1 review written)

I bought my Nissan X-Trail 2.5 SE+ 4x4 2 years ago. Actually, I'm the first person who bought the thing in our community and now, you can see almost ten x-trail vehicles rooming around the complex. So, far havn't encountered any major problems except front wheel bearing damage.
The overall vehicle is cool and fun for adventure. And I am very satified with the performance… Read Full Review

“I am an expat writing from the Philippines, where I...”

Written on: 21/06/2004 by ricksan (1 review written)

I am an expat writing from the Philippines, where I bought one of the first 200 Nissan X-Trail they produced here.

The overall vehicle is way cool, however the low end model here had a neoprene seat cover that either you like or hate. The higher priced model sold here had leather, but in 90 percent humidity it really isn't practical so I opted for the standard seating.

The engine makes a lot of noise at higher rpm, however being a former ford expedition and explorer owner I can attest that… Read Full Review

Zeagle's Response to ricksan's Review

Written on: 05/09/2004

So I guess you got the 2.0 4x4 AT. I am planning to get one myself as soon as I get rid of my Trooper. What's your fuel mileage on this?

Ultraman's Response to ricksan's Review

Written on: 14/09/2004

Im from the philippines i just placed an order e-xtrail 2.5 liter gas, sadly our version here doesn't have a sunroof. it cost like 1.3M pesos but i also test drove the outlander and i learned its only good in city driving and really not capable of what the extrail is able to do.

Ricksan's Response to ricksan's Review

Written on: 07/09/2004

Yes I got the 2.0 AT 4 x 2 version. My unofficial overall gas mileage was 22 mile per gallon, I use US computations so you will have to convert to liters / km to come up with a EU or Asian conversion.
<br>
<br>The mileage has been pretty steady. Also, I would recommend the 4 x 2 over the 4 x 4 unless you are really going off road with the vehicle.

“I have only had the Nissan X-Trail 2.0 SE+ a week but...”

Written on: 01/05/2004 by nigelcwm (1 review written)

I have only had the Nissan X-Trail 2.0 SE+ a week but I am mightily impressed. I have a 2.2 cdi sport 135bhp. The roads I drive are hilly and twisting and the handling and ride are great. The colleagues I travel with have commented on it's comfort including leg room and headroom back and front and two of these guys are 6'2.
The power is readily available especially overtaking in 3rd. The huge sunroof will be great in the summer months. The practicality of the cabinn is good with completely flat… Read Full Review

“I driven a X-trail 2.5 Ti model and i can say it is a...”

Written on: 15/11/2003 by sen53s (2 reviews written)

I driven a X-trail 2.5 Ti model and i can say it is a whole great compact 4wd. driven up to the blue mountain in a Newnes track i can sure say this baby can climb. With a 1.8 litre Freelander, 2.0 Holden Forenza on the team, the X-trail is leading the pack with torque and power. Along the way, we got bogged a river crossing with a ditched which stuck the Freelander in the middle the X-trail was able to pull it out easily and with a bit of speed. It is a hard track and some part need a… Read Full Review

“I just got my 2003 fully loaded Nissan X trail 2.0 SE+...”

Written on: 03/10/2003 by Aris (2 reviews written)

I just got my 2003 fully loaded Nissan X trail 2.0 SE+ and the first thing i can say is AMAZING!! :o)

this is one revolutionary car. Rides smooth like a much more expensive jeep (land cruiser, range, etc) and u cant have enough of driving it. In the beggining i was a bit skeptical about the centered mounted dash but the more i drive it the more i love it (guess it takes a little bit of getting used to it).

there's plenty of room for 4-5 people. There's so many little details in the cabin that… Read Full Review

“I own an Nissan X-trail ST 2.5 Ltr. It's comfortable...”

Written on: 10/09/2003 by RobertChen (1 review written)

I own an Nissan X-trail ST 2.5 Ltr. It's comfortable rides, roomy lugage you can sleep on it if you want. Keep Warm/Cool storages for your drinks and food. Handy mobile phone charger points inside the car… Read Full Review

“The X-Trail is powerfull and responsive. It rides well...”

Written on: 29/07/2003 by Ozziekeith. (1 review written)

The X-Trail is powerfull and responsive. It rides well and is a "good" drivers car.
I drove Sydney to the Ulladulla and on the way did a fair amount of dirt driving. In two sections I selecetd 4WD
It isn't hard to drive and I didn't suffer from a sore back or over tiredness.
I have towed with the X Trail and the heaviest tow was about one tonne. The vehicle didn't seem to
be pulling hard and 4th gear was as low as I had to go on a fairly steep section of the F3 freeway at Moonne Moonee NSW.
I… Read Full Review

“I traded in a Pagero (Shogun) to buy an Australian...”

Written on: 05/06/2003 by Martin Grigg. (1 review written)

I traded in a Pagero (Shogun) to buy an Australian spec X Trail Ti with Luxury pack (AUS$37995 with leather seats and electric sunroof) and manual transmission, as I felt it offered the best option for relatively economical urban driving but still having realistic off road possibilities. I've only had it one week and no complaints yet about urban driving.The 2.5l engine is lively and responsive and the 5sp gearbox easy to shift. I took it up a steep muddy track with 3 passengers on board and… Read Full Review

Jim T.'s Response to Martin Grigg.'s Review

Written on: 17/07/2003

See full review. In relation to the odometer resenting I had the same problem. It was a fuse. I agree with the light over the front.

Martyg's Response to Martin Grigg.'s Review

Written on: 27/10/2003

As a followup to my earlier report the result of my fuel consumption test which was conducted over 10 weeks and 4800klms of mixed driving, mainly city/urban driving but a longer trip included and a little off road was as follows: 9.92 litres/100klms. Not quite as good as the brochure says for a 2.5ltr manual but pretty close. Fairly happy with result.

“This car is good when it is running but infortunatly...”

Written on: 10/05/2003 by C Locker. (1 review written)

This car is good when it is running but infortunatly ours has given some trouble.
I Aus. it has a 1800Kg towing capacity, this may be to much for regular use of the vehical.
As a side note, they also put a final drive ratio in the auto (to reduce pumping losses and increase fuel econ) that destroys an otherwise good car, in cruise on the highway it is rarely in fourth locked… Read Full Review

“I have this car for 5 months. Everything seems ok,...”

Written on: 02/03/2003 by c c chan. (1 review written)

I have this car for 5 months. Everything seems ok, except the above minor issues. But the windscreen upset me. It cracked the first week on ground. It had not been hit by anything, at least nothing big enough even to catch my attention. The dealer denied responsibilty but charge me $780 for the glass. My last Ford has 150000km without broken glass. I am not convinced that its all down to luck but not glass quality. Why should we accept auto makers to down grade their windscreens to become… Read Full Review

89512_Aserdjuk.'s Response to c c chan.'s Review

Written on: 16/04/2003

I quess you right on that quality. I've got few scratches on my windscreen then cleaning it from snow.

“I have owned the top of the line Ti for about 7 months...”

Written on: 26/02/2003 by Fabrice. (1 review written)

I have owned the top of the line Ti for about 7 months and am very happy with the car so far. I believe for a four the engine is powerful but over all the car is a bit heavy. The car also tends to steer to the right when you accelerate hard from stand still. The steering tends to bump steer a bit as well. I find the tyres let the car down a bit, it doesn't take much effort to spin the tyres even in the dry. I find the brakes to be very good and the antilock system works well but again I think… Read Full Review