Laser Genetics ND3. Reviews

From 1 review

Laser Genetics ND3. - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Laser Genetics ND3.

Laser Genetics ND3.

“At first glance it looks amazing, and when I saw a...”

Written on: 16/05/2011

At first glance it looks amazing, and when I saw a friend trialling it it appeared that this was indeed an alternative to night vision.

Having raved about it my girlfriend bought me one, which was a nice surprise!

Costing around £300 I couldn't personally justify it myself so that would be my first criticism.

There were claims that animals can't see this type of light - I can confirm this is not true of UK quarry! My friends use night vision and the animals all sit there until I turn my… Read Full Review

Rrogerrabbit's Comment

Written on: 02/11/2011

Just a follow up on my own review - the above still stands, but having tried various LED and Halide lamps I can confirm the ND3 is still the best lamp on the market! There is absoultely no diffusion of light which makes the image really crisp in your scope. Stuck it on a mates .243 a while ago and foxing at 200+ yards was easy :)

The other lamps I've tried have all been at least 3 times the size and a lot heavier. Having used it all spring and summer (with good quality batteries) I've had no issues with the temperature - I'm sure the winter will affect it again but on balance I can live with this!

If you can live with the cost I'd reccomend you go out and get yourself one!

Rrogerrabbit's Comment

Written on: 21/12/2011

OK so I've tried it in the winter - it doesn't work!!! I refuse to use elastic bands and handwarmers like BSA suggest... so I've just re-comissioned my LED Ray and will be using that until it's a little warmer!

I still rate ND3's as the best lamp on the market, but in hindsight I'd rather have had the "SUb-Zero" version which doesn't suffer the cold problems!