Makita MXT 8444D Reviews

Makita MXT 8444D - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Makita MXT 8444D

“10 Years”

Written on: 06/09/2014 by linedriller (1 review written)

I have had mine for 10 years and it's been used pretty hard all it's life. Drilled a floor safe once for 1 1/2 hours with my full weight on it to get through the ceramic discs. It's been dropped several times, and once left in a painters oven with no ill effects. Bloody good piece of kit! Easy to handle and not too heavy for it's capability. Chas… Read Full Review

Makita MXT 8444D

“Not up to Markita standards”

Written on: 06/04/2012

I had my original Makita stolen. This was replaced by insurance but it was the MXT 8444D. The new drill lasted about 2 weeks and the batteries decided to pack in. These were replaced and all was fine until 2 months ago when the hammer/drill switch broke inside the drill so I could not change to drill from hammer and also the 3 way speed switch has now packed in. So not a good report for this drill. Maybe a one off as Makita are a very good drill… Read Full Review

Makita MXT 8444D

“Makita drills came as a recommendation from a friend,...”

Written on: 08/05/2011

Makita drills came as a recommendation from a friend, and I'm glad I took it. I bought a Makita MXT 8444D 18v Cordless when I started doing work to my house a couple of years ago and it is one of the best tools I have ever used.
Three speeds, hammer/drill/screw selector and 16 (yes, 16!) torque settings, which work really well when used for different jobs.
The battery life is good (3.0Ah), but a second is always recommended if doing a lot of work. The charger is quick though, so you'll almost… Read Full Review