Matrix Bathrooms Shower Enclosure Reviews

Matrix Bathrooms Shower Enclosure - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Matrix Bathrooms Shower Enclosure

Matrix Bathrooms Shower Enclosure

“Duchy shower door”

Written on: 07/12/2013 by G.Kenyon (1 review written)

Just searching internet to see if you can get replacement chrome handles and hinges for the two Duchy shower doors that we bought just over two years ago as they are heavily corroded. Having just read the reviews I feel I have to add my own warning to anyone thinking of buying these terrible products - they really are beyond a joke. We had a very unpleasant experience with Heat and Plumb (again, like so many other people) when we first bought them as we hadn't unpacked them immediately and we… Read Full Review

Martinclukey's Response to G.Kenyon's Review

Written on: 13/12/2013

The point when chlorine interacts with your physique it makes your hair dry and weak hence initiating the issue of blondness, which you can't bear to have in an adolescent age. In addition, it can even strip your skin all the common oils subsequently making it irritated and dry accordingly acquiring the maturing signs. Dispose of these issues by establishing great quality shower channels.

“Matrix = appalling Chinese junk”

Written on: 11/11/2013 by sioniwinwns (1 review written)

I bought a matrix quadrant shower enclosure and had the misfortune of fitting it over the weekend. I dont quite know how they can manage to be so bad: The glass is warped The door rollers arent even round The frame is held together by the weakest most fragile plastic known to man which will break in your hands The instructions are sporadic It looked good in the showroom but when you actually get hold of one you realise they are extremely low quality. Ive fitted scores of different make… Read Full Review

“dont deserve to be in business”

Written on: 11/09/2013

Phoned for spare rollers (as originals were of poor quality ,made of diecast & had snapped.)They said they needed proof of purchase or a photo of there logo on the shower frame before they would even deal with me!seeing as Im a plummer and was called to a rented property to fix the shower there was no way I had access to the proof of purchase.when I quoted the showers product code from there web site they said they would get there spares team to phone me.I havent heard anything from them… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/10/2013

This is interesting development, we've just had one of their shower cubicle doors explode, the glass shattered for no apparent reason, this resulted in my aunt being taken to hospital with a major laceration to her hand.
I tried to contact them today but have had no luck untill this evening when the phone was answered.
On asking if that was Matrix bathrooms I was told by the guy on the other end of the phone that he was a cleaner and he said that Matrix had ceased trading, if so why is their website still active I wonder?

But as the the above comment "they don't deserve to be in business" well it seems they may not be.
But they still seem to be selling their products in lots of online adds.

Ladydiy's Comment

Written on: 09/10/2013

Hi - I just called matrix on the website number and also the number supplied to me on the brochure that came with my bi-fold shower door, a ladies answered and said that she was a bathroom showroom and that Matrix were taken over my another company and not bankrupt - she would not diverge the 'name of the new company' who had purchased the patent on the 'easyfit' system. If, as the 'current' website states ' a life time' guarantee then the new company should honour that. Sounds like a case for trading standards to me. Very disappointing.

Written on: 09/10/2013

Strangely, we called them again too.
We got hold of probably the same woman as you did and just as you had, the woman was evasive and wouldn't tell us the company name either, so its most likely trading standards then the health and safety people.

Ladydiy's Comment

Written on: 10/10/2013

Hi, thanks for updating me on your experience too, if we both agree to contact our trading standards team then we may be able to make a difference, and sort out this 'life-time' (not) guarantee. I was quite prepared to ask for an engineer to call around, as my bi-fold door keeps opening three or four inches, I noticed that there was only one pin in the 'contraption' at the bottom of the door. I was after a replacement part and would have paid to have the work take place. I think that the people answering the telephone are the same company.

Written on: 10/10/2013

Our door worked trouble free for about 8 years till last Saturday, then as my aunt closed the sliding door, it litterally exploded, I heard it upstairs as our shower room is downstairs.

I am highly suspicious of the new owners reaction, their reticence to tell us a company name feels pretty dodgy to me.
I'm also interested in the fact that they turned round and told you that they hadn't gone bankrupt Ladydiy.
Why drop that into the conversation rather than say "We've been bought out" ?

Matrixbathrooms's Comment

Written on: 04/11/2013

As Matrix have three different ranges of showers it is not an unreasonable request to have the proof of purchase to identify which product has been installed. If this is not available then a photo is requested to identify the product. I am sure if you asked Mercedes for a spare part then they too would need to know which model it was for!!! I hope this is a reasonable answer to a quite pathetic review.

“No spares support and not interested in service”

Written on: 13/08/2013 by Engrod (1 review written)

I bought a Matrix bifold shower door unit from an internet supplier but it arrived damaged due to very poor packaging. The supplier is arguing about a replacement so meanwhile I asked Matrix if they could supply a replacement vertical extrusion for one side. After a week and reminder they said that they cannot supply because they buy in the units complete and do not have spares, and they cannot help me any further. I thought they were a British manufacturer. Definitely give them a miss… Read Full Review

“great product”

Written on: 13/05/2013

We are both really happy with everything. Great products!! Thanks… Read Full Review

“Do not purchase MATRIX BATHROOM products from any...”

Written on: 03/05/2011 by bchauhan (1 review written)

Do not purchase MATRIX BATHROOM products from any supplier as they are cheap quality, badly designed and the lifetime guarantee is a complete joke! It doesn't exist.
I purchased a shower enclosure just over a year ago from Heat & Plumb.com. The enclosure is described as their "Duchy" range but is in actual fact made by a company called MATRIX BATHROOMS.
Within less than a year the outside of the aluminium frame, least exposed to water, began to corrode. Also the chrome on the roller brackets… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to bchauhan's Review

Written on: 29/05/2011

would not buy a matrix shower have heard so many bad reports

“I purchased a 900 quadrant matrix from SNH...”

Written on: 15/05/2011

I purchased a 900 quadrant matrix from SNH tradecentre, I found the quality and fitments top class with easy clean glass as standard as i was told by snh. Fitting it was a doddle, It took me and a friend about half hour with easy clip system. I read the review below and had to put this on as may be the dutchy is made by matrix but for a price as heat plumb call it the dutchy not a matrix. As the 900 quadrant from snh was about £40 more than the dutchy but the matrix i found is a very good… Read Full Review

“Do not purchase MATRIX BATHROOM products from any...”

Written on: 29/04/2011