Jad Boyu External Canister Filter Reviews

From 1 review

Jad Boyu External Canister Filter - Ask a question now

“This is a review for the mini external cannister...”

Written on: 21/04/2011 by piesforyou (5 reviews written)

This is a review for the mini external cannister filter which is sold under the names "BOYU" and "JAD" among others. Mine is the JAD EF-05.

This is a small external filter for smaller aquariums, with a flow rate of 150 l/hr.

I bought this filter to go with my 30 litre setup as it has a vastly greater filter media volume than equivalent "hang-on-back" (HOB) or small internal filters, and water quality is very important. I believe that the massive filter volume makes up for the low-ish flow… Read Full Review

Piesforyou's Response to piesforyou's Review

Written on: 28/04/2011

Having had this filter for a few weeks, I'm very pleased with it. Although it is supposed to "hang on" the side of the tank, once it is running it runs fine placed at the same level as the tank. So I have my 30 litre tank on a chest of drawers and the filter sits on the chest behind the tank. It is a bit noisy, I suspect air is trapped in the impeller compartment and it's difficult to get rid of, but its not overly loud and you can sleep in the same room for example.
<br/>