eDreams Reviews - www.edreams.com

114
eDreams - www.edreams.com - Ask a question now

“No problem with this company.”

Written on: 29/11/2016 by Iwereiogony (3 reviews written)

Having read lots of really negative reviews for e dreams, I have to say my experience has been very good. I lost my return flight to Vienna because of the Lufthansa pilot strike. I rang e dreams for a full refund and it was sorted the following day. The people I spoke to on customer services were polite, efficient and clear… Read Full Review

“Would never use again”

Written on: 28/11/2016 by msWyatt302 (1 review written)

Booked a hotel & paid extra to be able to cancel if needed. A family bereavement so I contacted both the hotel and eDreams to cancelwell in advance. I still got charged. Got no reply worth calling from either the hotel or company. Thankfully I'd used my credit card so I did get a refund from them. Buyer beware and just steer well clear is my advice. Very poor service. Just glad it was only a single night in a hotel & not a more expensive trip. Dreadful to think such companies are allowed to… Read Full Review

“Worst experience ever”

Written on: 31/10/2016 by seahag69 (1 review written)

I tried to book tickets for my daughters family for a visit.There was no option to check that they might need extra time in boarding with a small child, so I checked other.They sent my daughter an email asking her to reply as to what her 'other' boarding need was but the URL was a "do not reply". So her emails kept getting kicked back. She tried calling but couldn't get through to an agent. She tried going on line but was unable to update their reservation. I tried calling & finally got through… Read Full Review

“the worst site ever”

Written on: 05/10/2016 by Giovani295 (1 review written)

have booked tickets online , received email saying we detected problem with your credit card. called them, was told, oh, we did not charge your card but eventually we will...WTF? charged the card next day and now 4 days later I still do not have conformed reservation! 2 hours on phone and they give me bs , oh we completed tickets and emailing you, odd you are not getting them... Really? I keep receiving emails -your reservation is still pending confirmation with airline and the worst park, the… Read Full Review

“INCOMPETENT”

Written on: 14/07/2016 by Saulge123 (1 review written)

MIND! ATTENTION! Edreams are the most incompetent, useless and idiots! You will only have problems with them.... Trust me! NEVER NEVER choose this company… Read Full Review

“Abysmal”

Written on: 10/07/2016

Tried booking an internal flight thrugh eDreams on-line. Despite being told no additional charge would be made for using Visa Direct Debit, the quoted price jumped over £20 as soon as I entered the card details. Phoning eDreams to attempt to find out why this happened, they just dropped the line on me. I will definitely not waste my time dealing with these people again… Read Full Review

“worst travel agent”

Written on: 19/06/2016 by lnOlson452 (1 review written)

They don't give you full details for bookings like prices are not included taxes and fees for hotels, you only come to know when you receive your email for hotel bookings. And there hotel prices are double then what Bookings.com offer. Always double check your personal details because they make lot of mistakes and you won't even know until you arrive at the airport. All I can say please do not trust them and better go for other travel agent. As soon as you press book button they take the money… Read Full Review

“eDreams claim to be the cheapest, but cunningly add in...”

Written on: 08/06/2016 by MikeJW1949 (2 reviews written)

eDreams claim to be the cheapest, but cunningly add in a massive service charge at end which makes them the most expensive. Booked a break to Amsterdam for 4 with KLM flights and a B&B hotel. I confirmed a package at £1093. The site was sending “timeout” messages, obviously to rush you so that you don’t notice that the final cost in small print at the top of the screen is £1218, when you click to finally confirm. There is no explanation for the extra £125 they have added on. When I… Read Full Review

“Just search throug them book through the airline...”

Written on: 19/05/2016 by Brazilflyerfromdpain (1 review written)

When I confirmed the payment and they had taken my Credit card details they appeared to confirm then sent me an email saying your reservation is confirmed but that there was a problem with my card. The email made it sound like they would notify me if I would have to pay again. Next day they cancelled my reservation claiming my credit card didn't meet their security protocol (whatever that means..). I used hopper instead which found me cheaper flights and when I found one booked directly though… Read Full Review

Edreams's Response to Brazilflyerfromdpain's Review

Written on: 26/05/2016

Hi,

We apologise for any inconvenience this might cause you and ask for your understanding. Online fraud and identity theft are becoming an ever increasing problem for online companies and consumers which means that companies have to implement ever increasing stricter acceptance rules.

We were not implying that your booking request was fraudulent but that unfortunately the risk score associated with your specific booking had not passed our acceptance levels. In these situations we do advise customers as a safety precaution to check their most recent credit card statements for any potential suspicious charges and to immediately contact the issuer of their card if these are identified.

If you would like to make a new booking with a different payment card, we would welcome your business.

Best Regards,

Brazilflyerfromdpain's reply to Edreams's Comment

Written on: 27/05/2016

what rubbish. I managed to book directly with Airmaroc and Ryanair with the same card with no issues. it is the debit card of a national Spanish bank (Caixa). This experience just confirmed thousands of other testaments to edream's incompetence and I'm just glad I got off this lightly!

“Shocking, appalling, shady!!”

Written on: 21/03/2016 by Jaire176 (1 review written)

Booked flights to Venice from gatwick. Took numerous calls and emails to find out what baggage allowed we had with our toddler. Each time conflicting info. (That was Jan). Just called as getting closer to trip to sort and they tell me that my return flight is cancelled!!!!! Said sent me an email?? Asked why. Said because I didn't book any baggage. The flight still exists and if I still wanted it I can but have to pay extra money. Said I wanted a refund, said can't because I have to go… Read Full Review

Hi,

Thanks for posting your review and giving us the opportunity to assist you with your booking.

We are sorry to hear you had an unsatisfactory experience and we regret any inconveniences this issue might have brought to you.

In order to check what had happened with your booking, we kindly ask you to update this review and provide us your booking code so we may advise you accordingly.

Lucy - eDreams Customer Care Team -

“not upfront about total cost before payment request”

Written on: 20/03/2016 by Toby122 (1 review written)

I saw the total cost and fully checked it was fact ,even tho you stated something about charges as this was times two people I assumed it was not applicable to my single booking ,in the normal way I only use those agents I know I can trust in giving the full correct cost before I pay. I did use you for bookings on odd occasions but stopped when I was faced with this problem a few years ago ,however the dates and cost looked good so I decided to book with you,I am not sure I completed the entire… Read Full Review

Hi,

Thanks for posting your review here and giving us the opportunity to assist you with your booking request.

In order to check your booking status and advise you accordingly, we kindly ask you to provide us your booking code.

Once we receive this information, we will check it and give you a reply soon.

Lucy - eDreams Customer Care Team -

“VERY CONFUSED CUSTOMER SERVICE ”

Written on: 18/03/2016 by Breanna336 (1 review written)

Booked a flight with this company but was charged twice and took me almost 2 months to get my refund for a mistake that was not mine and they also charged me £2.60 for the service(very bad service!!). I will never use it again. Very disappointing!!… Read Full Review

Hi,

Thanks for posting your review here and bringing this matter to our attention.

This is certainly not the level of customer service we expect for our users and we will take your feedback very seriously in order to avoid this happens in the future.

From this Customer Care Department, we would like to check why your refund took that long. Please kindly update the review and provide us your booking code so we may assist you as deserved.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Lucy - eDreams Customer Care Team -

“TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE, BOOKING & ITINERARY ERRORS. ”

Written on: 11/03/2016 by Kalamorgancox (1 review written)

We booked almost $3,000.00 CAD with edreams for round trip tickets to Thailand from Vancouver with 2 layovers on each leg of the journey. On our return flight our itinerary clearly states that we would be transferring planes in Huangzhou to Shanghai and flying for 4.15hrs in economy class. However, upon arrival in Huangzhou the airline informed us that flights to Shanghai had been cancelled almost 4 years prior and that the only way to Shanghai was by taking 2 busses through rural China that… Read Full Review

Edreams's Response to Kalamorgancox's Review

Hi,

Thanks for posting your review here on Review Centre.

We have checked your case and we have found that you have been already assisted with this issue. We are glad that we have been able to help you with your case and it has been favorably resolved.

We will share our feedback here too so other users can be aware of the resolution. We also invite you to update your review and share the resolution of your case with other travellers as your opinion will be really useful for future reference.

We have verified our records and we have found that you were advised that such leg was operated by a bus as indicated also in the confirmation e-mail we have sent you when making the booking. Considering the misunderstanding caused by the second e-mail mentioned, we have offered you a voucher in order to reduce the inconveniences caused and you have agreed with this.

We hope to have you assisted as expected and we remain at your complete disposal should yyou require further assistance.

Kalamorgancox's reply to Edreams's Comment

Written on: 01/04/2016

I'm afraid it was not favourably dealt with, it took two months to finally get a response from the company and after all of that strife we were only offered a $100 credit and a continuous denial of fault from the company. We still maintain that it was 100% the company's fault for the confusion caused by sending two emails, one containing incorrect information. So no, it was not favourable in any way nor was it resolved.

“Worst I've ever delt with”

Written on: 02/03/2016 by Iyanam341 (1 review written)

I have wasted most of the day trying to make a booking. They couldn't tell me if it was successful(so I couldn't make a booking elsewhere). They said that I'd have to wait two hours to see if a conformation email came through. They blamed my bank for blocking the payment - not true. They kept me on a premium rate number for 25 minutes. The finally said it was an unknown error. Based in Spain they are shocking in every way. Aaah!!… Read Full Review

Hi,

Thanks for posting your review and bringing this matter to our attention.

We are sorry to hear that you have not had a satisfying experience.

We would like to take care of your case and to do that, we kindly ask you to reply this comment by providing us your booking code and your full name so we may check our records.

Once we receive this information, one of our agents will study your case and will contact you shortly.

Thanks in advance.

Lucy - eDreams Customer Care Team

“TICKET CANCELL SPOILD FAMILY HOILDAY BY EDREAMS & MOMONDO”

Written on: 29/02/2016 by SydneyGarrett80 (1 review written)

We booked through MOMONDO and transferred to EDREAMS, where we booked our holidays 10 months advanced only to get a good deal. Our flight was with Austrian airlines which is now cancelled and EDREAMS are saying more than 3 months for refund. Our flight was via from London to single stopover only for them to add another flight via without notifying us after. We cannot book without any given alternatives. BEWARE of these websites. … Read Full Review

Hi,

Thanks for posting your review and giving us the opportunity to advise you accordingly.

Firstly, we will ask you to provide us your booking code and your full name in order to check our records and assist you with your refund.

Secondly, we would like to inform you that most airlines reserve their right to make schedule changes and cancellations to confirmed bookings, and eDreams, as intermediate, is not responsible if the airline does not offer any alternative or if the refund takes long than expected.

In this case, once you provide us your booking code, we will contact the airline and offer you all necessary advise provided by the airline contracted.

We thank you for your understanding and we remain at your complete disposal.

“Cancellation Refund”

Written on: 27/02/2016 by joe.10 (3 reviews written)

I booked myself and my wife on a return flight to Alicante with E dreams. The return flight was cancelled due to French traffic control strike. I phoned the E dream customer services and was treated with the utmost of Respect the gentleman I spoke to could not have been more helpful. I explained I was asking for a REFUND for the cancelled flight. He took some details and assured me he would deal with it. Within the hour I had an E-mail from him and the REFUND was paid into our bank account… Read Full Review

Edreams's Response to joe.10's Review

Hi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed review.

You probably cannot imagine how glad and appreciative we are to read your nice words here on Review Centre.

On behalf of our entire team we would like to express our heartfelt gratitude for choosing eDreams and for taking your valuable time to share your thoughts and experience with the community.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

“Hidden Charges”

Written on: 25/02/2016 by axCrockett252 (1 review written)

I tried to book a RyanAir flight for the family through e-dreams yesterday. Their quote £311 was cheaper than RyanAir themselves. Despite the fact that in very small print they stated that the price was valid only for paying with Entropay card, I though there would be a small charge if I paid with my debit card. However, by the time I clicked on the flights and clicked Buy, the price was already up to £337. I decided to go ahead anyway and I filled in all the passenger and contact details… Read Full Review

Hi,

Thanks for posting your review here and giving us the opportunity to advise you accordingly.

We would like to inform you that from the first moment you start a purchase in our website, the price displayed is the final price, which does not include additional services/products that may be optionally added by the client during the purchase process.

For the benefit of our clients, the price displayed in the first step of the purchase process is the cheapest fare in our website, which offers a discount provided that payment is made with Visa Entropay. However, in the same step, we advise our clients that other method payments will be found in the "Payment Method" box. This will show the new prices in accordance to your preferred payment card.

When you reach the payment stage, if you enter a card different to a Visa Entropay, then the price will change to the new price for the service charge, plus any credit card fees. This is still before you commit to 'Buy It Now'.

In this case, if you have confirmed a booking with eDreams and you consider that you have been overcharged, please provide us your booking code and your full name so we may assist you accordingly.

Zouni's Comment

Written on: 07/03/2016

Hi,

'For the benefit of your clients' the additional charge for using a 'Payment Method' other than your preferred Visa Entropay should be clearly displayed before you asked your customers to fill in all the required personal details for all the passengers. I fail to understand how it was for my benefit to spend 20 minutes of my time filling in the passengers details, only to find out that payment with a major debit card costs an extra £80!!!! How exactly do you calculate those extortionate extra charges?

Also, your reply does not explain why you charge more than double what the airline charges for check-in bagagge. How do your customers benefit from it?

Finally, why would I commit to 'Buy it Now' and confirm a booking with e-dreams when your quote is 30% higher than the airline quote for exactly the same flight and considerably more expensive if I added check-in luggage? Do you consider such an overcharge to be a 'client benefit'?

The only explanation I can think of for such a seemingly arrogant reply by 'e-dreams' is that you did not bother to read my review properly. However, the easiness with which you brush off the overwhelming number of 'bad reviews' why your replies lets us draw our own conclusions about how highly you regard your 'clients benefits'

Written on: 10/03/2016

Hi,

We inform you that in the first booking step, you are clearly advised that the price displayed corresponds to a specific payment method. In the same step, we advise our customers to go to the Payment box to select the correct payment method.

If you do not select the correct payment method as indicated in the first booking step, then during the whole booking process, you will see an incorrect price as you will not pay with our discount card.

However, when you reach the payment stage and you enter a different card to the one duly indicated in the first step, the price will be updated with the fees corresponding to your specific payment method. This information is shown before you agree to confirm the purchase.

Please note that all the fees to be charged are clearly displayed during the whole booking process.

As stated in our Terms and Conditions, our service fees are variable and depends exclusively on the selections made when making your reservation.

Regarding our baggage fees, we inform you that if you do not agree with the price displayed in our website, you may then add it directly with the airline.

We hope to have you advised accordingly.

Lucy - eDreams Customer Care Team -

“AWFUL company, never book with them”

Written on: 29/12/2015 by uaHolman24 (1 review written)

Booked flights with eDreams. Card was refused. Phoned bank who said I need to book again as payment would not be authorised. 4 days later!! eDreams took money for the flights. By then I had already booked the same flights direct with the airline. I did not know I had flights with eDreams as they told me my card was refused. There was no communication explaining my flights were now processed. Apparently I missed the 8 hour free cancellation period! They will not refund me, despite me paying… Read Full Review

“DO NOT BOOK ANYTHING WITH THIS COMPANY”

Written on: 15/12/2015 by bmThomas74 (1 review written)

I have been waiting 3 months for a PROMISED refund from E.DREAMS. Countless e-mails from my wife and myself over this period.It is a long story about E-DREAMS not booking our luggage onto the aircraft, but we had payed them in full. So please do not book anything with this company… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/12/2015

Dear Thomas74,

We are sorry to hear of your unpleasant experience and about the delay in solving your concerns.

Please let us check you booking and assist accordantly. Please update your review indicating the booking reference for that purpose.

Warm regards.

Nicole - eDreams

Delboy887744's Comment

Written on: 01/01/2016

My concerns have now been sorted by E-DREAMS. i have received my
money back.

Written on: 11/01/2016

Hi,

We are happy to hear that!

Please do not hesitate to contact us if any assistance is ever required. We remain at your full disposal.

Warm regards.

Nicole - eDreams

“DON'T BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY”

Written on: 01/12/2015

Yesterday my partner booked flights for a trip to Lanzarote next May. He was under the impression that the return flights would be with Monarch. When the confirmation email arrived the outward flight was with Monarch and the return flights with 3 separate airlines on 3 separate flights taking a total of over 8 hours. When he pointed out that this is not what he asked for he was told he will have to pay for the changes as well as any increased cost in the flight. I think this is outrageous… Read Full Review