PeoplePerHour.com - www.peopleperhour.com Reviews

Summary

PeoplePerHour.com is an online community of professional freelancers you can outsource work to as and when you need it. Hire reputable freelancers to, get the right people for your job, paying only for the work that gets done. PeoplePerHour.com has tens of thousands of freelancers you can outsource to making it UK’s number one freelance site. PeoplePerHour.com is a flexible, cost saving alternative to finding skilled professionals across the globe.
PeoplePerHour.com - www.peopleperhour.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for PeoplePerHour.com - www.peopleperhour.com

PeoplePerHour.com - www.peopleperhour.com

“Unrealistic fee rates on People Per Hour”

Written on: 14/04/2016 by Bruce1951 (1 review written)

I am registered on the 'People Per Hour' website and I am surprised and somewhat dismayed at the rates people are prepared to give out work and the amount people are prepared to work for. This site really does not do any favours to freelance community. I think anyone looking to offer an accept work should seriously consider the amount of return they will make. The old saying 'buy cheap by twice' comes to mind. I would like to see freelancers using this site to take a long hard view at what… Read Full Review

Crow1321's Comment

Written on: 27/06/2016

I am very sorry to hear about this Bruce and we do make changes constantly to ensure that the service is fair to all users. As with any market, there is a global amount of freelancers who will charge less amounts. However, over the past 2 years PPH has made many improvements to try and combat this as much as possible and we continue to offer new features that will improve this.

“Its like hell working with them,”

Written on: 07/02/2016 by shaileshtr (2 reviews written)

Peopleperhour moderator and support team are nothing more than bot they simply can’t read any difference. Its like hell working with them… Read Full Review

Peopleperhour's Response to shaileshtr's Review

Written on: 27/06/2016

Very sorry that you feel this way. We try our best to offer the best services possible. Our moderation team is here to ensure that all posts are properly added to the website in order to gain as much work potential as possible. Thank you.

“Really and truly awful place to find work through”

Written on: 19/12/2015 by KaliyahFitch (1 review written)

I have been doing freelance work through PPH on and off for 2 1/2 years, until I have stopped now, due to the extremely negative experiences I have had. Customer support is non existent, they continue to close my complaint open tickets only because they have been replied to with some half hearted reply, which in 90% of the cases leaves you wondering they actually read your query.... Well, is either that , or the staff they hire is mentally challenged, and unable to follow up a few lines and… Read Full Review

Shannonbailey6's Comment

Written on: 16/03/2016

I been working on PPH for about two months having issues with people not wanting to pay me so i put in a dispute after of no contact from buyer and i did by the book they cancelled my dispute and went in his favor im at complete shock i dont know what to do.

“Don't trust their workforce with your project”

Written on: 24/11/2015 by Nothappychappie (1 review written)

Terrible service. I had a fairly simple task. The "professional" I use that term loosely seemed like he was good, had a high ranking good reviews and said he could do it. he stood out from the rest and I accepted him based on that. Boy was I wrong it took over two hours to explain a simple idea and once I decided I had made a mistake in choosing him he tried to extort money from me for his time spent downloading a few files. They have the power to refund straight away but I believe the site is… Read Full Review

“I used this site to have some work done. After I made...”

Written on: 30/10/2015 by amirshahz77 (1 review written)

I used this site to have some work done. After I made the payment to the seller, I could not download the work the seller had done for me. There is no contact number to call PPH. I sent them an e-mail through support I got a generic response back. I sent several e-mails and received a generic response. Eventually I discovered my account was blocked. I contacted the support again and kept getting generic response. I have paid the money for the work that I have no access to. Support at PPH is… Read Full Review

“Poor Excuse For a Freelance Website”

Written on: 08/08/2015 by PaulBrown1972 (1 review written)

Are you thinking of getting involved with peopleperhour? don't waste your time. If you ever need to contact them they just ignore you. I tried on many occasions to post small jobs (hourlies) only to keep getting them refused, but funny enough, more expensive hourlies like a whole website designed would breeze through. So are they in it for the money? YES! I even copied somebody else's job to the letter just to test it, and they still said it didn't meet their standards? funny then that the… Read Full Review

Daniyalnaeem's Response to PaulBrown1972's Review

Written on: 21/08/2015

Hello, I just got the same case. I have more then $4500 on my account. Is there any way to report them?

“WORSE COMPANY EVER! SO BAD YOU WILL END UP CRYING”

Written on: 27/07/2015 by Johnz23 (1 review written)

I used peopleperhour, I was taken in by the freelancer and the site. The site has deactivate my account worth over £1000 on the website. I have emailed them 10000 times with no response, They are taking peoples hard earned money. They think they can get away with you. The CEO is a total loser and the staff he hired are kids from the street. They have no experience in customer service. I would recommend you give your money to charity then give it to PPH. Worse company ever… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/08/2015

“Breach of UK Business Law”

Written on: 21/07/2015 by andrea01 (5 reviews written)

I have used PPH occasionally, and have actually met one great B2B Data supplier who I have no problems with. Unfortunately I have now had a terrible experience with a PPH Freelancer - Titanium Telemarketing doing an abysmal job for me and agreeing that I would not have to pay. Then PPH Automatically released the funds without my permission as I was on holiday and it sat in the Escrow for more than 7 days. PPH have failed to act, and failed to respond to any of my support tickets. On looking… Read Full Review

Daniyalnaeem's Response to andrea01's Review

“ spammy”

Written on: 18/07/2015 by Captain_Awesome (1 review written)

I signed up for Peopleperhour a couple of months ago and wanted to give it a try after not having much success on other freelance bidding sites. Peopleperhour gave me the impression that it was more credible than other sites, it also seemed to be more selective since people need to get their profiles approved before they are able to submit bids to jobs. The more I used it though the more I realized its flaws. Let me start with the bidding part. In the past 3 months I sent about 16 proposals… Read Full Review

Daniyalnaeem's Response to Captain_Awesome's Review

Written on: 21/08/2015

“DREADFUL - run by a mythomane”

Written on: 13/07/2015

Very odd platform to work on - tried and gave up.... They have no contact telephone number - very unprofessional for a "soit disons" Global Company They will not let members know where their customer support is based - could this be out of shame? They claim all the money held in escrow is kept "on-site" - see facebook page for more details.... Customer support does not reply to genuine queries and questions in a timely fashion They let newcomers register with the site BEFORE asking them to… Read Full Review

Chevaux's Comment

Written on: 18/07/2015

We had a bad experience on peopleperhour not from people working on the site or trying to but from the site's admin............worst experience ever, talk about arrogant.

“Worst Helpdesk”

Written on: 08/05/2015 by Andre171 (1 review written)

I cant even begin to say how bad this website is, its so bad its actually hilarious. All common sense goes out of the window when dealing with customer support they are a bigger joke than some of the freelancers on their site. Avoid at all costs… Read Full Review

Rosyjames's Comment

Written on: 13/07/2015

Quite agree - the CEO just likes to blow his own trumpet - their facebook page claims they hold members money "on-site" - ridiculous statement - when did the site become a bank ??? and is money safe with a Greece-based platform? Very worrying...... they hide behind the internet - no transparency whatsoever....

Written on: 21/08/2015

“Worst,money taken by PPH,Client harassment.”

Written on: 27/04/2015 by O'Donnellwv487 (1 review written)

PPH stole my money and even took the money of my client from US. Now I am unable to get the payment as it deactivated our account.... Client there always comes and asks for free layout or free demo or work without money. Xenios have made a blunder portal .......PPH takes your money at any time...Beware… Read Full Review

“Disappointing experience”

Written on: 24/04/2015 by Noonan409 (1 review written)

Paid for an hourlie voucher for a fixed task and a fixed cost. Developer doubled his quote without any change to the spec. I raised with help desk and asked him to halt all work. He ignores my request and carried on and invoices me multiple times for double the agreed amount. No support whatsoever from the site, instead they deactivated my account after I escalated to PayPal! I recommend to anyone considering hiring a freelancer to go direct by using a search engine… Read Full Review

“PeoplePerHour Is getting worse”

Written on: 25/03/2015 by Ramirox352 (1 review written)

I was using People Per Hour for couple of years, and in it gradually getting worse and worse. Quality of providers has dropped significantly in the last 2 years. The PPH support itself has dropped significantly. I remember the time when you send them a question and they will be back in an hour. The itself system is full of bugs. Recently sent them an issue about the invoice from the supplier due to the bug in the system - first response got in about 2 days absolutely ignoring the issue. My… Read Full Review

“www.peopleperhour.com - very bad experience - I lost...”

Written on: 25/02/2015 by artakbabayan (1 review written)

www.peopleperhour.com - very bad experience - I lost 2250$ work to the buyer that was introducing 3D models business. I did all what was requested by Buyer and then "peopleperhour" blocked my account :( no response from support any more.... No way to contact them with any means of communication - any time You sent email to support, you will get email asking for patience and You just wait. People - don't trust to that site… Read Full Review

“PeoplePerHour I do not recommend to anyone”

Written on: 18/02/2015 by klMoore92 (1 review written)

I do not recommend to anyone I worked for several months with the service here is what I saw: 1) Support for the seller and not for very long in a timely manner 2) Site arbitrarily treats its policy and can block you at their discretion 3) block your profile - you do not get an explanation, but just you exclude from the system 4) and, most importantly your money site appropriates I believe that the site - bad… Read Full Review

“Good portal 4 new job opps; HORRIBLE morals, ethics+ rates”

Written on: 15/02/2015 by LilahElliott259 (1 review written)

I'm an engineer who has worked for B.T, Ericsson, Yamaha, Honda, Sony, Sanyo, Tyco etc. in my mid 40s. Only have been on PPH due t a personal lfei style change caused by a SPiritual life style. I have been on PeoplePerHour.com for 5 years now. Had Cert 4 Rating until recently. Now at Cert 3. I am ONLY coming to the point of reviewing PPH, because the site uses others review of our work(I have had 20+(i.e., 100%) 5 star reviews ) to penalise us, "reward us" and so on. And yet - without… Read Full Review

“Worst freelance website I've ever used!!”

Written on: 09/02/2015 by Janine85 (1 review written)

I don't usually take the time to write reviews, but I seriously would not recommend this company. After a year or so of using PPH they changed their terms to require all freelancers to submit to a lengthy verification process. Until then, they froze all of my current jobs and accounts. Very annoying. But still, I submitted the requested verification. A few months later, I completed jobs for clients and tried to withdraw the funds I had been paid. They would only release around £20 out of… Read Full Review

“WORSE COMPANY ONLINE”

Written on: 03/02/2015 by REGGEAN2223 (1 review written)

I would not recommend even for my worse enemy to use Peopleperhour. That website should not be allowed to advertise in the UK. WORSE EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE. IF YOUR GOING TO PUT THROUGH LARGE AMOUNT OF JOBS - LOOK SOMEWHERE ELSE. DON'T MAKE THE MISTAKE I MADE USING PEOPLE PER HOUR. If you have an issue with them you can't go to a solicitor as they are based in Greece and it would be difficult to bring a case against them. DONT USE PEOPLE PER HOUR. WORSE COMPANY … Read Full Review

“Great for extra income with hourlies, not so good for pros”

Written on: 29/01/2015 by 1stwebdesigner (1 review written)

PeoplePerHour was founded in 2003 and quickly became one of the best places right now to find web designer jobs, web developer jobs, WordPress jobs, graphic designer jobs. PPH is pretty good place to get started, get part-time gigs with it’s pros and cons. They are more focused on hourlies (term used there for quick jobs that take less than hour) and smaller projects. As with all big job websites they have challenges with clients expecting to pay minimal wages and having many low qualified… Read Full Review