Balkan Horn Reviews - www.balkanhorn.com

Balkan Horn - www.balkanhorn.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Balkan Horn - www.balkanhorn.com

“ideal coach travel”

Written on: 27/02/2012 by sandrineh1968 (1 review written)

Traveled from Bulgaria to London with no problems, plenty of rest stops along the way, drivers very helpful. Films to watch on way. Done this travel more than once with this company, value for money… Read Full Review

“I booked with Balkan Horn for the return coach journey...”

Written on: 29/03/2011 by Marty uk (1 review written)

I booked with Balkan Horn for the return coach journey (London/Victoria to Varna/Bulgaria). On the day of travel the coach didn't turn up so we were stranded in Victoria with no accommodation. We live near Birmingham.
Their offices were closed, so we couldn't make enquiries. Consequently, after waiting ages we had to get a taxi to relatives in South London (£46)
The next day I called the Balkan Horn office in Varna, but no-one spoke English.
Fortunately, I contacted a Bulgarian friend who… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to Marty uk's Review

Written on: 31/05/2012

Thanks for a very imformative post Marty. I own property in Bulgaria and because I need to take quite a bit of luggage on my next visit, I was considering Balkan Horn as a option.

However, it is now 3 days since I sent them an email and as yet...no reply. This apparently is the Bulgarian way, as a hotel booking request made at the same time has also failed to get a reply?

I await any replies from BH with a little trepidation since reading of your experiences. Two question? In general how did you find the coach facilities? How long were their scheduled breaks during the 3-4 hour driving stints? Mainly, do you stop for 5 minutes or is there enough time for a snack and drink...say 20-30 minutes?

Thanks.

Vivbridge's Response to Marty uk's Review

Written on: 20/08/2012

I have just booked with Balkan Horn to travel on Monday 3rd September. I did it all on line and found the website ok with a fairly efficient response. Payment made via my bank to their account with e-tickets sent with details the following day. However I had previously tried to book by phone but no one appeared to speak English.

After reading Marty's review I am a tad anxious that the coach will be there! I am also hoping that the info. they give on their website which made the facilities and stops sound ok are better than what I have just read.

I will give an update on my return.

VB

Marty Uk's Response to Marty uk's Review

Written on: 31/05/2012

In reply to the query raised on the review, the stops vary in length but are enough to either buy food and drink to eat on the coach or sometimes enough to sit down for a quickish meal. The most important first priority however is to find the toilet as the one on the coach has been either broken or too foul to use - I have travelled 3 times & this was always the case. Also remember to have small change ready as you will have to pay. Your fellow travellers will run straight to the toilets so it can be quite a wait. The newspapers provided are Bulgarian & one small cup of black (instant) espresso is provided en-route. Sometimes a film is played on the TV.