Jeep 2002 Liberty Sport Reviews

Jeep 2002 Liberty Sport - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Jeep 2002 Liberty Sport

Jeep 2002 Liberty Sport
Jeep 2002 Liberty Sport

“I've been having problems with therear anti-lock...”

Written on: 01/04/2006 by sfrench (1 review written)

I've been having problems with therear anti-lock brakes in my 2002 Jeep 2002 Liberty Sport. The front wheels lock up causing the rear end to fishtail. This is particularly noticeable on loose gravel. It only happens when the vehicle is in rear wheel drive. When it is in four-wheel drive the ABS is disabled. I found that when I explained the problem to a couple Chrysler dealers in Edmonton Alberta I got no help. One dealer suggested the pads and shoes were worn the other suggested new tires. I… Read Full Review

“The Jeep 2002 Liberty Sport is scary, brakes in...”

Written on: 30/10/2005 by otis5 (1 review written)

The Jeep 2002 Liberty Sport is scary, brakes in particular! I had the recall fixed (the MISSING control arm) which before the recall when I complained about my car feeling out of control in the rain they acted like I was nuts! My car still is very unstable in the rain and I can't help but feel it's a death trap. My sister purcahsed a Wrangler at the same time as me and had the same complaints - she traded hers in 6 months later for a Honda - unfortunatley,now that the 2002 Jeep Liberty Blue… Read Full Review

“We bought a 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition for my...”

Written on: 03/01/2004 by Mike Butler (1 review written)

We bought a 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition for my wife. ( She had a 2000 Mustang GT previous ) I have to admit, I was sceptical at first, but I must say, this is really a great SUV. My wife is the main driver and she loves it! I drove it on our vacation back east to Block Island, Rhode Island and I like it better than anything I have ever owned. ( 3500 miles round trip )

It doesn't ride like a luxury car, but it does have an excellent ride for a 4x4. It is much smoother than other 4x4s… Read Full Review

“We just bought a 2002 Jeep Liberty Sport with the V6...”

Written on: 28/09/2002 by Mel Gregory. (1 review written)

We just bought a 2002 Jeep Liberty Sport with the V6 and 5 speed manual transmission. It has the 4 wheel drive controlled from the cockpit and not the full time 4wd. We have taken it on mud, rocks, mountains, and over 4wd mountain passes in Colorado with not a problem. The interior is comfortable, the stereo system is adequate and I only wish it had better gasoline mileage. One of the nice things is the price is really good in the USA… Read Full Review

47029_Cyrus.'s Response to 40277_Mel Gregory.'s Review

Written on: 30/10/2002

It is true of what you say, but I believe that the liberty has a very good gasoline per mile use.
Considering it has a very powerful engine for its size and that it has so much power when it comes to 4X4 gears, its consumption is very low.

Nvirdell's Response to 40277_Mel Gregory.'s Review

Written on: 23/09/2003

Tim, If you ever changed a front tire flat on a Jeep Liberty you might think differently about it's "limited suspension travel."

105667_Tim.'s Response to 40277_Mel Gregory.'s Review

Written on: 09/06/2003

To answer some questions, the Liberty gets relatively poor mileage because 1) it is very heavy for its size, and 2) the 3.7 V6 engine is not a low rpm torque producer so the engine must be revved frequently into the upper ranges to provide forward motion.
<br>
<br>Second, Offroad performance is in the eye of the beholder, depending upon what the vehicle is expected to do, but there is no question that the 2002 Liberty/Cherokee with its limited suspension travel is completely incapable of the kind of performance offroad provided by its predecessor, the 2001 Cherokee. This is even more true now that Chrysler has lowered the Liberty's ride height to reduce rollover problems.

90140_Rooster.'s Response to 40277_Mel Gregory.'s Review

Written on: 18/04/2003

I also purchased a Liberty Sport 4X4 about 7 months ago. It rides quite well and it handles snow well, only limited by its stock tires. I've taken it in some mud and climbed pretty sharp ridges. All quite easily. Overall, this is a decent SUV. About the only real concern I have is the fuel consumption. It is very hard on fuel. DC should consider tuning this engine fow greater low end torque, then tune the transmission to take advantage of torque. That might answer the gas consumption concern. Is this a proper replacement for the Cherokee? I think there's room for improvement.

71849_Libby.'s Response to 40277_Mel Gregory.'s Review

Written on: 10/02/2003

I own a Liberty (called Cherokee over here) CRD, the first time I took it off road my interior flooded although the water level was still under the underside of the doors.
I had a lot of problems convincing the dealer and Jeep UK and the problem is still not solved (6 months later).
The dealer is treating me like s... but Jeep UK keeps telling me that they will find the leak and repare it.
I'm getting a bit tired now and are allready thinking of buying a BMW next time.
It is a pitty because the Jeep is a nice car and it looks great.