Vauxhall Vectra 1.8LS Reviews

Media Gallery for Vauxhall Vectra 1.8LS

Vauxhall Vectra 1.8LS
Vauxhall Vectra 1.8LS

“2001 vectra review”

Written on: 17/01/2012 by hp1726 (1 review written)

had 1.8 16v for 5yrs naver let me down till now needed clutch 97.000miles not expensive to repair £260 parts labour lovely to run motorway driving verygood 50 miles gall 35 round town… Read Full Review

“Some people thought i was mad when i swapped a ford...”

Written on: 08/05/2010 by huxley pig (1 review written)

Some people thought i was mad when i swapped a ford mondeo tdci for a vauxhall vectra 1.8 ls at a local garage because i was fed up spending hundreds of pounds on the mondeo, but after owning the vectra for three months i'm glad i did !! its a nicer drive, more comfortable and a better looking car, its not got the same grunt as the tdci up hills but on the motorway theres little difference and cruises easily at 85 mph, parts and servicing cheaper aswell, i get 40-45 mpg on a good run and 35 mpg… Read Full Review

“I owned a 1.8 sxi estate for just over 3 years. 65,000...”

Written on: 02/02/2010

I owned a 1.8 sxi estate for just over 3 years. 65,000 miles when purchased, 120,000 when sold. It never let me down once. I had it serviced every 10,000 miles and the only problem i encountered was the coil pack needed replacing at 80,000 mls( a common problem I believe).I found it comfortable to drive on long journeys and it had a good level of interior space and the spec and trim level were good for the price. I have something different now but if I needed an estate car again, I would… Read Full Review

“performance is okay compared with other 1.8's i've...”

Written on: 04/09/2009

performance is okay compared with other 1.8's i've had. Allthough it's not the most comfortable of cars to drive. Generally its a good family motor, wouldn't recommend the saloon for a family car though… Read Full Review

“Vauxhall Vectra 1.8ls 2004 39,000 miles. ”

Written on: 04/08/2009 by scarletboyambyth (1 review written)

Vauxhall Vectra 1.8ls 2004 39,000 miles.

I have read multiple reviews of the Vectra over the last month or so and each seems to contradict the last; very confusing and conflicting reviews.

Here is mine:

I had always considered a Vectra too big therefore consuming too much fuel and costing far too much to run. I thought they looked good but would be too pricey. I thought a car of Vectra size would be sluggish and have the turning circle of an HGV, I thought they would be insurance group… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to scarletboyambyth's Review

Written on: 23/07/2011

I purchased a 1.8 LS Estate today. I can confirm the findings on MPG. I did a combined motorway, suburbia, city, dual carriageway run. Using the mpg calculator online I've reached the conclusion that at its worst this car does 31mpg but given that I drove her 64 miles today, all I can report is that I used 7.5 litres of fuel, at a cost of £10.34 with an MPG of 38.79. I'll keep you posted how the car progresses but so far she has been quite impressive, despite the stuff being said online. I hope she don't get too much worse in heavy traffic.

“I bought my V reg vectra back in March to replace my...”

Written on: 25/10/2008 by JIM KNOWLES (1 review written)

I bought my V reg vectra back in March to replace my ageing but faith ful cavalier, which I may add has gone to a good home. I paid £710 for a model with FSH, A/c E/w and PAS. It also came with 12 months MOT and 12 months tax, which Ithink is a complete bargain… Read Full Review

Andy2U69's Response to 412690_JIM KNOWLES's Review

Written on: 25/05/2009

I found this review helpful because...im thinking of buying2002 model 1.8

“I bought my four year old Vauxhall Vectra 1.8 LS a...”

Written on: 20/08/2008 by andy64 (1 review written)

I bought my four year old Vauxhall Vectra 1.8 LS a week ago and i am very pleased with it, I can`t understand some of the comments i have read about the LS and am rather puddled by a lot i have seen written about this model on various sites on the net.
I for one and every body else for that matter who has seen my car the last week or so has commented on what a good looking motor it is , i am by no means a boy racer but i am very happy with the car in every aspect and am just glad that i never… Read Full Review

Andy2U69's Response to andy64's Review

Written on: 25/05/2009

I found this review helpful because...iam thinking of buying one

“A very good car. Plenty of room and reliability. I...”

Written on: 05/06/2008 by smfarrell (1 review written)

A very good car. Plenty of room and reliability. I cant find anything to find wrong with my Vauxhall Vectra. It drives like a dream handels like a dream. Its so comfortable… Read Full Review

“Overall it's a nice car I think as I'm using my 2nd...”

Written on: 24/12/2007

Overall it's a nice car I think as I'm using my 2nd Vauxhall Vectra 1.8LS of 96. it's running smooth. I love my car… Read Full Review

“Value for Money vehicle. Spares are cheap. Good family...”

Written on: 21/10/2007 by shankarhn (1 review written)

Value for Money vehicle. Spares are cheap. Good family vehicle to own. Very practical. Extremely flexible boot and is spacious. Can act as an estate. Very inexpensive to own & Operate. The only bad point is that the Turning Radius is long. The Engine warning light keeps showing up and goes off randomly. This causes concern… Read Full Review

“My Vauxhall Vectra 1.8LS is currently used as a taxi...”

Written on: 23/03/2007 by mattybatty (4 reviews written)

My Vauxhall Vectra 1.8LS is currently used as a taxi and has been for 2 years , generally it is a good vehicle, although they all seem to have the same problems .

I find for my job it isn't very big inside for the larger passengers and always be a squash to have 3 people in the back, but the boot is very big.

Tyres, brake pads, discs have never worn unevenly and last for a long time,

Engine has always started first time, cars rusting on wheel arches and around the back door clip thing… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to mattybatty's Review

Written on: 26/07/2011

as for large people (if you mean fat) then they should go on a diet !

Guest's Response to mattybatty's Review

Written on: 26/07/2011

as for large people (if you mean fat) then they should go on a diet !

“My Vectra B estate is relaxing and well composed. I've...”

Written on: 20/08/2006 by mattyg (1 review written)

My Vectra B estate is relaxing and well composed. I've never driven a vectra A! I've done 80,000 miles in it and have just had my second problem - worn tear suspension bush, I'll get it sorted before the next MOT est = £90. The first problem at 60,000miles was much more serious, but I was wheel spinning off some rough stuff onto tarmac at the time. I sheered a couple of teeth off the crown wheel! Fitted a second hand box myself for £250 - vauxhall price for a reconditioned unit was £1500!… Read Full Review

“There seems to be a real split over the popularity of...”

Written on: 10/09/2005 by Deadlock (7 reviews written)

There seems to be a real split over the popularity of the Vauxhall Vectra: many seem to think that it has no personality or is somehow bland and un-interesting, I cannot disagree enough! I find that many things concerning this car are an acquired taste, many will find that the unforgiving nature of the ride settings and Eco-tech lump, encroach on their chosen driving style, others (like me) find great pleasure in taking to the road in our Vectra's. This car drives almost exactly like the… Read Full Review

360266_Jgowers's Response to Deadlock's Review

Written on: 18/04/2008

I found this review helpful because...ive just bought a vectra and the car is fantastic and the review sums the car up perfectly

“I've owned three Vauxhalls. I started with a Nova Club...”

Written on: 15/05/2005 by Scienide (1 review written)

I've owned three Vauxhalls. I started with a Nova Club 1.2. Then an Astra 1.4i and now I have a Vauxhall Vectra 1.8LS. I have to say the Vectra is a great car to look at and is enjoyable to drive. Yes it is a little stiff and requires some effort on behalf of the driver but lets face it, thats what makes driving fun. I recently had a brand new 2005 Micra as a courtesy car and all the fun of driving had been removed. I could have driven it with my eyes shut!. I like the Vectra's no nonsense… Read Full Review

“The Vauxhall Vectra 1.8LS is not a car for the...”

Written on: 12/04/2004 by easy (2 reviews written)

The Vauxhall Vectra 1.8LS is not a car for the enthusiast, slow clumsey unforgiving steering is hard work no performance for overtaking, press right foot down nothing happens, release accelerator pedal, car dosent slow! In all Ive only had it 700 miles and its the worst car I've ever owned or driven. OK for familys, lots of room quiet.
Anyone want to swap for a MG ZT? My Vectra FSH 38,000 Metalic Black (sparkling)X reg £5,000… Read Full Review

Easy's Response to easy's Review

Written on: 17/04/2004

Update...the more I drive it the worse it gets. I had a tall and a short passenger-the head restraints dont adjust-joke or what? The reversing candles are as good as no good-a tip, use brake light/indicator/foglamp to aid if it is safe to do so. Dip/Beam switch is heavy clumsey and not user friendly, you have to pull for dip, thats OK but having to push it away from you for Full Beam is realy awkard-why not pull for dip & pull again for beam like proper cars?
<br>Very heavy frount tyre wear according to my tyre gauge, I estmitate at current use, 15,000max for a set of front tyres, had then balanced & tracked Check pressures weekly & drive according to the system. How can they wear as fast with so little performance or handeling from the car?
<br>The Owners Manual I got with the car is a joke-so many, see page...I'm up to page 42 of 236 and I've already read the whole book twice.
<br>The wing mirrors are very tender, dont touch then!! I saw a child in a supermarket carpark just brush against one as his friend playfully pushed him and it just fell off.
<br>The rear wiper stays up when not in use, why cant it stay down, out of view when not in use?

Easy's Response to easy's Review

Written on: 24/06/2004

Oh Dear. Mine is now 40,600 miles. due 40,000 miles service in 3,000 miles, since it's been done at 11,000 22,000 & 33,000 every Oct. I phoned round a local dealer for a price of a service. Told I need new timing belt. I replied it's not 80,000 miles or 8 years old. Dealer says Vauxhall has brought it forward. I didn't believe them and phoned 3 other dealers to be told the same, cost about £190-205 + service about £160.
<br>I checked the internet and found out that Vauxhall had designed the timing belt to be replaced every 80,000 miles or 8 years BUT they were so unreliable causing on average £1,500 worth of damage to the engine when they fail, that they should be changed every 40,000 miles or 4 years.
<br>I only bought it because I was led to believe that it was reliable & cheep to run.

“Away from the bad points mentioned. Vauxhall retain...”

Written on: 07/08/2003 by Motorhead (1 review written)

Away from the bad points mentioned. Vauxhall retain its stable leader in the form of the Vectra 1.8LS. It is unpretencious and delivers overall performance to stand out from many other would be's.

More could be done with the basic Cavalier but to some extent I can understand why Vauxhall are not prepared to gamble.

A good reliable work-horse… Read Full Review

“The Vauxghall Vectra 1.8LS is reasonably well built...”

Written on: 27/09/2002 by Shelk. (1 review written)

The Vauxghall Vectra 1.8LS is reasonably well built with good standard equipment. The engine is good when pushed hard above 3000 rpm but the handling isn't. Poor low speed ride and not a very forgiving clutch, overall a practical family car but not one for the driver… Read Full Review

90563_Rob.'s Response to Shelk.'s Review

Written on: 20/04/2003

prity good

Easy's Response to Shelk.'s Review

Written on: 22/01/2006

7/10 for performance - how many turbos has it got?