Uttings Outdoors Reviews - www.uttingsoutdoors.co.uk

Uttings Outdoors www.uttingsoutdoors.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Uttings Outdoors www.uttingsoutdoors.co.uk

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Buying Binoculars on line”

Written on: 28/07/2013

I've been looking for a decent pair of binoculars for shooting and bird watching. I took advice from BASC, decided on Swarovski after trying them out at a major London store. Went on line and saw Uttings were a lot cheaper. I ordered the binoculars and was impressed when Uttings gave me a one hour delivery slot the next day. Should have known better. Delivery slot 1030 to 1130. Eventual delivery 2100 after many e-mails and phone calls to courier and Uttings, neither of which were returned as… Read Full Review

Uttingscustomerservice's Comment

Written on: 01/08/2013

Thank you for your comments and I am sorry that you feel our customer service is lacking in quality.

When you first contacted us at approximately 4.55pm that day (following non-delivery between 10.30-11.30am), a member of our team spent time speaking with DPD and did call you back to advise that the driver's hand-held device had failed earlier in the day and he was working his round manually, but estimated that the parcel should be with you by 6pm. As our office closes at 5pm, it was not really practical for someone to wait around until 6pm to see if your parcel was actually delivered.

The driver, rather than deciding it was long past the end of his shift and the parcels could wait until the following day, persevered and ensured that all his parcels were delivered (albeit very late) which is why your parcel did not arrive until 9pm.

You sent your first email at around 8.30pm that evening (after the office had closed) advising that you had not received delivery. You then emailed later again that evening to say that you had received delivery from an apologetic delivery man. There did not seem to be much need for us to respond to either email as you had actually received the binoculars. I apologise if you were expecting a response. We did also, as a gesture of goodwill refund your P&P charge.

With regards to lack of communication, unfortunately, as the hand-held unit had failed, the system did not automatically update and of course, no-one was aware that there were problems until you contacted us to advise that the parcel had not been delivered as it should have been several hours previously. You could argue that we should perhaps not be so reliant on technology as, when it fails, it does clearly create issues.

DPD do achieve delivery on time, 95% of the time for us and, while we appreciate it is frustrating for the 5% of people who are affected, it is, currently, an acceptable level of service for us and we do monitor this closely.

I am sorry that DPD did not deliver the parcel to you at their stated time but hope that you can appreciate that behind the scenes, people were working hard to ensure your parcel was delivered to you.

“poolwall”

Written on: 15/04/2013

keep me in am not a fan of any out dooor game think… Read Full Review

“Opticron BGA HD 8x42 Binoculars”

Written on: 13/04/2013 by AM-C (1 review written)

The binoculars are excellent and delivered within 48 hours. Only problem is that i was sent a Winter 2012/2013 price catalogue by Uttings with my purchase and the price of the binoculars in the catalogue was £30.00 less than on the internet. I rang Uttings and was told that the catalogue was out of date, which begs the question as to why it was sent out, and that the price had now increased. I also sent an e mail and was told that Opticron had increased their prices, although the manufacturers… Read Full Review

“Good quick delivery”

Written on: 28/03/2013 by rjipper85 (1 review written)

I was happy with how quickly the wellies arrived. The quality of the product (hunter argyll) however was not as good as I expected from such an established brand. This is not something uttings can do anything about but I do think you should be made aware of… Read Full Review

Uttingscustomerservice's Response to rjipper85's Review

Written on: 11/04/2013

Thanks for your comments; we have found that the quality of Hunters has greatly varied since they moved production from Scotland to Asia, but we do appreciate your understanding that the quality of boots is a little beyond our control.

“Wrong size and no apology”

Written on: 01/03/2013 by xyz59 (1 review written)

Nothing wrong with the Sealand wellie boots I ordered - Uttings just sent me the wrong size. Could not return as did not notice until I had "modified" the inner boot. Sent a polite feedback message but never received an acknowledgement, let alone an apology. So, 3 stars only from me due customer service. Seems like a decent quality boot, only time will tell. I ordered a size 9, got a size 10 and it's worthwhile pointing out a major "flaw". Found it extremely difficult getting my feet into them… Read Full Review

“Bushnell Trophy Cam”

Written on: 23/11/2012 by DevonFarmer (1 review written)

I wanted a Trophy Cam for wildlife photography around my Devon farm. I was totally confused by the vast range of Bushnell Trophy Cams available both at Uttings and elsewhere. I rang Uttings and spoke to a member of the sales staff who was helpful but did not give me all the advice I required. I therefore elected for the most expensive of three on offer, the Black LED-119466. The website does not give adequate pros and cons of the various models available in a simple form. The cam I chose does… Read Full Review

“Fast delievery but wrong colour”

Written on: 19/11/2012

Ordered some Aigle wellies which I needed urgently. Delivery was very quick, but I had ordered the boots in brown (even the delivery receipt indicated brown), and they shipped green ones. Didn't have time to re-order and return so I kept and used them, but it was quite annoying… Read Full Review

“Great service”

Written on: 19/11/2012

Delivery speedy and communication too ..best price on these cat boots… Read Full Review

“Nice Wellies but delivery service could be better!!”

Written on: 23/08/2011 by Kyrah (1 review written)

Online order; chose the pewter grey Hunter Wellies. LIKES; Website easy to navigate and place order. Able to view images for all colours and styles and photos very clear. Much nicer colour and texture than appears in photo image, which makes them look quite glossy - they are not at all. I am a size Uk 6 and ordered this size, roomy fit in foot so perfect for thicker socks in the winter. I would NOT recommend going down a size if you are a half size as they are still snug elsewhere so may need… Read Full Review

“Very Dissapointed with Packaging”

Written on: 17/06/2011

Having found this excellent web site and placing an order for a plastic shotgun travel case. I was so pleased with how smooth the transaction went even to the point of being asked that should I not be in then would you like the package to be left somewhere else. I was pleased to say that the package could be left outside. However....I was absolutley horrified when I got home to find a parcel elegantly packed with a picture on the side about 600 x 200mm demonstating an open case with a shotgun… Read Full Review