Uttings Outdoors Reviews - www.uttingsoutdoors.co.uk

Uttings Outdoors www.uttingsoutdoors.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Uttings Outdoors www.uttingsoutdoors.co.uk

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“website great, phone service awful”

Written on: 28/10/2013

Placed an order with Uttings, prices good, website clear and easy to use, I then received an email stating the address on the card did not match the address given. I confirmed the exact address with the bank and then called Uttings which is when it all went wrong. After confirming the address letter by letter line by line I was told it still would not go through, which is fair if the computer says no it says no so I paid with a different card what was disappointing was the attitude and tone… Read Full Review

“Woeful customer service”

Written on: 02/08/2013 by jillmac73 (1 review written)

I ahd ordered 3 items. 2 as expected but zamberlan boots were not the ones advertised on their site. I questioned this by email and got several cheeky replies not even willing to refund express delivery of £5.99 I paid. wont be using them again… Read Full Review

Uttingscustomerservice's Response to jillmac73's Review

Written on: 05/08/2013

Further to our recent email correspondence, as discussed, the boots you were sent are actually the latest model Zamberlan boots, not the older model as you initially suggested they were.

As explained (and as per our Terms and Conditions), images on our website are to be used as a guideline only, as manufacturers vary designs from time to time and the actual item received may be different.

As we do not physically have any of the old stock boots left, we really had very little option left other than to offer to refund you if you did not want the boots you were sent.

You were sent the correct boots, by next day delivery (which arrived on time), so there was no reason for us to refund your delivery charge separately.

I am sorry that you feel our customer service is woeful, but fully respect your decision to take your custom elsewhere in future.

“Faulty products and poor customer service”

Written on: 09/04/2013

I bought a pair of wellington boots from them about three years ago and they split within less than six months. The replacement pair also developed a fault within a few months. The third pair have now also developed a fault but because I have missed the warranty deadline by two months, they will not replace them. I bought another pair of wellies as a backup from another company after the problem with the first pair and they are still going strong despite being much cheaper. So I can only… Read Full Review

Uttingscustomerservice's Comment

Written on: 11/04/2013

Further to our previous correspondence, I am sorry that you feel you have received poor customer service from us because we will not replace boots that are now two months out of their 12 month warranty.

Since purchasing your £45 boots in March 2010, they have been replaced three times (the last time being February 2012) at considerable expense to us and we do have to draw a line somewhere.

We have found through experience that boots made to a higher specification (and generally a higher price) fair better with more frequent use, but even then, each boot still only has a finite life, some shorter than others.

Footwear used for purposes other than what they are designed for, are clearly destined to fail sooner rather than later and fashion boots, such as the ones you purchased are not designed to be used for frequent activities such as dog walking. It is just not practical for us to list every application that a boot is not suitable for on our website.

All of our boots are purchased directly from manufacturers directly or authorised UK distributors and are not seconds - we simply choose to cut our margins to offer customers a better price for goods to remain competitive.

I am sorry that we have not resolved this to your satisfaction but respect your decision should you choose to take your custom elsewhere.

“problem with delivery”

Written on: 07/01/2013 by gregalex (1 review written)

I have been requested to leave feedback, but still havent received the boots I bought. Same price on amazon… Read Full Review

“Sent wrong colour Wellingtons”

Written on: 12/12/2012 by Yorkshirebornandbred (1 review written)

I ordered several items including a pair of Aigle Parcours 2 Vario Wellington Boots (Unisex) - Brun (Brown). What in fact arrived was a green (Bronze) pair. I was not pleased but did not have time to send them back since I needed to use them straight away - floods on the way. What really annoyed me was that I could have purchased a green pair £15 cheaper if I had have gone else where… Read Full Review