Uttings Outdoors Reviews - www.uttingsoutdoors.co.uk

Uttings Outdoors www.uttingsoutdoors.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Uttings Outdoors www.uttingsoutdoors.co.uk

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“The worst shopping experience I've ever had”

Written on: 18/10/2013

Made a multi orgrder for over £600, they sent out incorrect sizes for the clothing that I ordered. Website stated item were in stock when they was not. Took a month to sort out the problem … Read Full Review

“Disappointing quality and appaulling customer services”

Written on: 14/08/2013

I ordered hunter huntress navy boots for dog walking from Uttings, like most I got drawn in by the prices. The delivery was prompt and I was very excited to recieve them. However on removing the blue plastic packaging I was disappointed firstly by the damaged box. On opening the box I also realised that a pattern was emerging because the boots were badly scuffed. I phoned Uttings and spoke to the advisor who really doesnt know the meaning of the words customer services. Obviously Uttings do… Read Full Review

Uttingscustomerservice's Comment

Written on: 16/08/2013

Thank you for your comments and further to our recent Twitter conversation, as mentioned, due to the volume of orders we despatch, it is simply not practical for us to check every single item that we send out.

As we have said that we will refund your return postage costs if they are faulty, then I am a little unsure what issue there is actually left to resolve to your satisfaction.

Written on: 16/08/2013

This will be an ongoing issue until and full refund has been recieved. I think the way I have been treated is just a disgrace to your company. Have you heard of treat customers fairly?
I just wish to have my money back now and I am entitled to that as a consumer for goods that are faulty.
I wish to God now that I never ordered from Uttings. Such a bad experience.

Written on: 16/08/2013

The boots have been returned to you via Collect plus, I am tracking the delivery of the boots and will be contacting you when you have reciept of them. The boots are faulty, numerous pictures have been taken by myself and I have also showed them to my partner who also decscribed them as very badly scuffed... No if but's or maybe's about it!!

Travelgecko's Comment

Written on: 19/08/2013

I don't know how your conversation went, but if your attitude on here is anything to go by, I think I can see why the person you spoke to did not perhaps go out of their way to help you.

I've dealt with Uttings before with a problem and the person I spoke to was very helpful and polite and couldn't do more to help me.

I learned the hard way that being unreasonable and coming out with things like "I work for solicitors" (your point?) doesn't make people want to help you. Treating customers fairly in my experience is largely governed by the the attitude of the customer and I expect Uttings probably treated you as fairly as you treated them.

Written on: 19/08/2013

Review centre I would be grateful if you could deactivate my account. Many thanks.

Written on: 19/08/2013

However before I close, I wish to mention that I have just spoke to the most charming gentleman with Uttings customer services who dealt with my return enquiry prompt. Thank you M. Its ashame that the 1st lady that dealt with me didnt have your approach to customers. Thank you for confirming that the boots are damaged and for confirming that a refund will be issued. Kind Regards.

“Stressful and unpleasant shopping experience”

Written on: 14/06/2013 by scotspines (1 review written)

I never heard of the company before but after reading all the good reviews here I went ahead to buy a bird watching binocular. It turned out to be a big mistake. I still haven't got the full refund yet. For a online shop they are very slow to respond to emails (7 days) and often just ignore you. The Opticron binoculars I bought are faulty or just simply poor quality - the focusing wheel is making grinding noise and the vision get blurry at the same time. The eyepieces are not quite aligned… Read Full Review

Uttingscustomerservice's Response to scotspines's Review

Written on: 26/06/2013

Thank you for your comments and I am sorry that you feel let down by our service.

When we inspected the binoculars and adjusted the dioptres correctly to match our eyesight, we could find no issue such as the one you described with blurring vision. We were also unsure of what you meant by misaligned eyepieces as they both appeared to be fine.

The grinding and sticking at the extreme end of its adjustment that you described was simply the mechanism of two cogs turning together and I am afraid we could not find any fault with it.

I am a little unsure of what you mean when you refer to sending them back twice as both are faulty: you only received and returned one pair of binoculars (value £249); you were not sent another pair, you were simply refunded in full after we had inspected them. We received the binoculars back on 3 June and you were refunded in full on 4 June. Have you confused us with a different company?

I am sorry that you feel let down by this, but we are in a difficult situation given that the items returned were not faulty.

Scotspines's reply to Uttingscustomerservice's Comment

Written on: 09/07/2013

Is this review site the only place where I'll get your attention? Otherwise you just ignore all my emails to you?
Are you saying the focus wheel is suppose to make grinding noise (like there's sand in it ) when I tune it to focus? That was not in your description of the item! I don't expect to actually hear the two cogs turning together with very noticeable sanding noise.
With regards to the eyepieces - If I look at the binoculars when the eyecups are pushed back completely, the eyepieces (or the metal ring of the lenses) do not appear in middle of the eyecups. You may not care about the look but I do since I intend to use it for many years. According to Sales of Goods Act, the goods you sell has to be of satisfactory quality. That includes appearance and finish.
Not only you promised to pay the returning of the faulty goods but the law actually says so. I wish to draw your attention to the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (SI 2334) Which specifically states that, where goods are returned as a right due to a breach of a term implied by statute, of a seller (yourselves) to require the buyer (myself) to bear the cost of a return is misapplied.
As such, the cost of bearing the return lies with yourselves. I therefore expect that you will fulfill your contractual and statutory obligation to refund mys full costs including postage.
I will report you to the trading standard agency and goes to the small claims court to recover the loss and stress I suffered.
Same email has been sent to you.

“NON EXISTENT CUSTOMER SERVICE”

Written on: 07/06/2013 by Lolaluna (1 review written)

You might as well send your complaint to Mars! They only respond after months of emails, and then you get the brush off - no names, no service whatsoever. I used to buy a lot of goods from them, all went well, alas when things go wrong, this company dives for cover . I was going to purchase some top of the range binoculars from them but they have lost my custom for good… Read Full Review

Uttingscustomerservice's Response to Lolaluna's Review

Written on: 12/06/2013

Thank you for your review and I am sorry that you feel let down by us. You don't mention any specific issues, so its a little difficult for us to comment or address any problems on here. I would like to assure you that we do work hard as a team to provide a high standard of customer service and I apologise if, on this occasion, it is substandard.

If you care to contact me (Michelle) directly to talk through some of the more specific aspects of your complaint, I would be more than happy to work with you to achieve a resolution. However, I do understand if you have chosen to take your custom elsewhere as a result, and do not wish to discuss this further.

“Shocking customer service team”

Written on: 08/11/2012

Uttings have plenty of stock and great variety however the after sales is the worst I have ever experienced. The one consistent thing about this poor company is that every member of the customer service team are of the poorest quality. They have "firm returns rules" which anyone considering a purchase from this company should read: you are not allowed to use tape to send back goods and the goods must be in their original packaging - how on earth can you re-seal the bag that they themselves have… Read Full Review

“STUNNING INCOMPETENCE”

Written on: 09/10/2012 by Redneckzela (1 review written)

I ordered a scope and 5 x tins of pellets.They confirmed the order by email and i noticed they had put the wrong pellets on the order, so i emailed and they emailed back and said it was corrected. Then i spoke to them on the phone and reminded them about the pellets,they again said the order had been corrected. The parcel arrived and guess what, the wrong pellets !!!!! I emailed them and asked someone to call me immediately giving them my phone number in the first line of email. I waited for a… Read Full Review

“Hunter Regent Savoy wellingtons”

Written on: 08/02/2012 by buzzer345 (1 review written)

Avoid this company like the plague. After owning these boots for 3 months, they split. I was told to return them for an exchange as a fault had been identified with the black boots in a size 6. I enquired whether I would be re-imbursed for my postage as I'd already paid to have the first pair delivered. I was told that this would be looked into. I received the new boots and when I called customer services to enquire why I'd not been re-imbursed the postage I was told that it was my… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to buzzer345's Review

Written on: 06/03/2012

I'm not surprised they split - I think you were lucky to get three months out of them. And as for Regent Savoy - they're flimsy as anything - I've seen more durable flipflops.

Since Hunters have been made in the far east for the last two or three years, they don't last five minutes. You are now paying for the name, not the Hunter quality you used to be able to expect.

I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole - Hunter .... pfffffft.