Tyneside Autoparc, Newcastle upon Tyne Reviews

• Customer service

Tyneside Autoparc, Newcastle upon Tyne - Ask a question now

“Bought a car (VW) only for it to have engine fault...”

Written on: 29/04/2014 by Krross_95 (1 review written)

Bought a car (VW) only for it to have engine fault before I got home. Returned it to be offered another car but told could only pick it up after it had been serviced. Then received a phone call only to tell me the replacement car had oil in water so they would have the original car repaired and serviced by a VW garage. It was over a month before the car was available to pick up and when it was the car was missing internal parts and spare wheel and no evidence of being at a VW garage. Took a… Read Full Review

“Be very, very careful before you buy. ”

Written on: 06/09/2013

(This is my second review for this company. I could have had my original review reinstated after it was challenged by the Autoparc however upon careful reflection I feel it is necessary to provide a much more detailed and honest account of my experience being sold a dangerous & faulty car) I bought a 2001 Toyota Yaris in June 2013 for £1400 (£1300 + £100 admin fee). Initially, all seemed to be okay. There were a few things that needed fixing – the handbrake was at the end of its travel… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/09/2013

Sounds like a lucky escape. I had a very similar experience so I doubt bad luck comes into it.

Kirstyniav's Comment

Written on: 11/04/2014

I have problems with this company also however I am taking court action and will be up dating on this site very soon . I will be compensated at a high cost and I will win my case . I look forward to my review and my case :) I agree with the above comment I'll leave it there until I have been to court inregards to faulty cars !!!

Snakepit's Comment

Written on: 02/10/2013

This review is an interesting read thank you for sharing your experience. I am pleased you got your money back and that you are now driving a car that is road worthy. I would like to be in contact with you for other purposes. If this is possible would you email a fellow user of this site The Lifeguard. Thank you.

Rhogg78664's Comment

Written on: 02/10/2013

my car lasted 6 months and then the engine blew, car been in for 6 weeks never again will i make the mistake of stepping on to their premises

“SOS”

Written on: 15/08/2013

I bought a car last year from here and have had nothing but bother. I feel like the car should never been sold to me and I do not understand how it had a MOT certificate. I have looked at this review page a lot and would like to know if any of you have been to the papers or actually had any success getting your money back...There are to many people complaining and there is nothing changing. Is it going to take something serious to happen before someone acts ?… Read Full Review

Angrybri's Comment

Written on: 17/08/2013

i agree i dont think they do a propper mot on their cars either my handbreak didnt work and i park my car on a hill

Written on: 18/08/2013

If your not happy you can contact VOSA to have a re-test within a 3 week period after issue date of current MOT cert. (I think its 3 weeks or there abouts)
If things ate found which will be a fail then the re-test is free. If all is ok then you must pay. I think you pay up front for the test then get the money back if the car fails.

I know this as I was going to do it to the car I purchased from the AP.

Maxinelouise's Comment

Written on: 02/10/2013

Absolutely appalling. I wondered the same about my Yaris.

I think you're right - it's only a matter of time before somebody gets killed in one of these cars.

Written on: 30/08/2013

I managed to get my deal unpicked and money back.
I was still left out of pocked by registration transfer costs.

Contact me via my email which I have set up. I'm in contact with others on here to see if I can assist in getting satisfactory conclusions to their situation. The more people on board the stronger each case will be.

Written on: 18/08/2013

No but I would like to . read all of my posts on this site and you will know why!
There is a email address on one of the posts if you want to contact me.
We should all club together and approach the local rag with as much evidence as possible. I have pictures of all of the things that was wrong with the car I bought. including issues with the brakes!

I got my money back after starting to go down the legal route!

“Purchased car in Sep '12, Had to replace 2 x tyres...”

Written on: 05/07/2013 by danmac22 (1 review written)

Purchased car in Sep '12, Had to replace 2 x tyres within 3 months (£200). There was an issue with one of the pipes and cost £150 to fix which the warranty didnt cover. There is an ongoing problem with the alarm and now the exhaust has fallen off within a year of purchase. Will speak to them tomorrow and see what happens Not impressed!… Read Full Review

Danmac22's Response to danmac22's Review

Written on: 05/07/2013

Wonderful it gets better. Apparantly the 12 month roadside cover included in the prchase price, they wont come and help me as they no longer deal with Tyneside Auto Parc. Something they themselves have neglected to tell me.......

Snakepit's reply to Danmac22's Comment

Written on: 23/08/2013

Whats happened to you car now...is it all fixed?

“Mortified at behaviour ”

Written on: 19/05/2013 by Hellel97 (1 review written)

My husband and I went to the Tyneside auto-park with the intension of purchasing 2 cars today after looking around for a while in different cars and being approached by different sales men several times,we decided to go back and look at 2 of the cars on our short list so whilst talking to one of the salesmen about a car for my husband he decided to completely ignore him and badly attempted to talk to me instead. After saying I liked a particular car he rushed us off to the back area of the park… Read Full Review

Carnut4's Response to Hellel97's Review

Written on: 06/07/2013

What a fantastic review, still laughing even though its not really funny sorry, very accurate description of the metality there though I have to say!

“Bought a range rover sport April 2013 all in all...”

Written on: 12/04/2013 by Ron3 (1 review written)

Bought a range rover sport April 2013 all in all wasn't the worse experience but typical garage promise you A deliver B . I drove all the way down from Scotland to pick up a car and when I got there it was still up on the ramp with the front suspension hanging off it and had to wait 4 hours brfore i got the car . The young lady was very helpfull and smoothed it all out… Read Full Review

“Cowboys”

Written on: 04/01/2013 by Geordie4444 (1 review written)

Most of the reviews on here tell a tale that I know so well. Even one of the positive reviews is rereviewed months later after the customer has found faults (that were disguised) with the car. I bought my car for ample more than it was worth and it needed repairs after I bought it so I doubt very much that it was checked over. Sales reps appear very friendly but be warned - go elsewhere to avoid aggro and unexpected costs. If you like gambling with your money, then buy here, but if you want a… Read Full Review

Mandydenning's Response to Geordie4444's Review

Written on: 09/01/2013

Hi,

We are sorry you feel this way and would like to investigate what happened to your car.

Do you have a contact number we can have?

Tyneside Autoparc

The...lifeguard.'s Response to Geordie4444's Review

Written on: 10/08/2013

I totally agree with your post mate. Speaking from my own experience I can only reiterate.

Go elsewhere.... Steer well clear from the AP.

“Tyneside Autoshark..Cheap Faulty Cars at premium car...”

Written on: 23/09/2012

These People will promise you the world prior to sale. Once they have your money They don't want to Know you! You will not have any calls returned. You will have to make numberous trips back and forth for the simplest of repairs to be carried out. The workmanship of their technicians is worse than shoddy (This is being kind). Take a good look around...You will see lots of unhappy people wanting mechanical/electrical repairs carrying out on the cars they have just perchased (with MOT's). They… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/12/2012

After a couple of months of this review being posted a representative of Tyneside Autopac Contacted the review centre expressing their concerns about my review. The review centre temporally removed this review while they ascertained my position regarding the review posting.

I stand firmly behind my review as I believe people should be made aware of my experience with Tyneside Autoparc before they make any decisions to part with their hard earned money.

My question is how many other reviews have been removed upon request then not reinstated simply because people can do without the hassle?
Will this give a false rating of Tyneside Autoparc?

PS. I only gave one star because there was no other lesser option!

Lifeguard.

Mandydenning's Comment

Written on: 02/01/2013

We are sorry that you feel so strongly to write this on Christmas Day and would like to arrange a meeting at Tyneside Autoparc to discuss your issues and comments posted. We look forward to hearing from you.

Tyneside Autoparc

Written on: 03/01/2013

I must decline your kind offer as I vowed never to set foot in Tyneside Autoparc ever again. As I’m a man of morals and principle I must stand by this decision.

I can appreciate this must be a fire fighting damage limitation exercise for you. However I fail to see what beneficial outcome a meeting would achieve. The Autoparc had ample opportunity to put things right but failed or refused to do so!

Regards

Bhaskar's Comment

Written on: 20/01/2013

Oh my God - if things are so bad then perhaps Tyneside Autoparc should be someone truly devoid of integrity - personal AND professional.

Written on: 30/01/2013

Can,t agree with you more mate, they should do what they say on the box, not try to kid everyone, they lose faith from there customers,(name removed) competitive nature which will be his own downfall, you cant give someone your word then dismiss it,

Written on: 31/01/2013

Thanks for your comment. It sounds like you have had dealings with the AP?

The more people who post their own reviews, good and bad can only help paint a true picture, giving an honest reflection of this trader and its business ethic!

As much as your comments support my experiences with this company, It does not help others to decide objectively before parting with their hard earned via the star rating guide used by the review center.
Thanks

Written on: 31/01/2013

Totally agree with your comments, i did take the opportunity to talk to the AP and after a huge battle for my rights, i hope he took it on board, it shouldn't be up to the strong willed people who only want fair treatment and what they where promised and paid for and who are willing to pursue the fight to gain justice to make him realise not all people are willing to do this, these are the people who are taken advantage of at their cost and his gain, all people who deal with him should be given the same rights and respect because they are his bread and butter, the sooner this is realised the better for his company, it,s not all about huge profit because first impressions last, and even though i got my issue resolved i shouldn't,t have had to do what i did to get it, most people let it go and they are the losers but hopefully they learn by there mistakes and so does he.

Thanks

Written on: 04/02/2013

I would like if possible to get in touch with you, maybe meet up and discuss your experiences along with my own in a more open less controlled environment without the legal restraints of the site. I know to well the person whom you refer to. Another person with the same second name as this individual you mention has commented in this very review, coincidence perhaps!
Post up a email address and I will be in touch asap.

Cheers

Written on: 15/02/2013

Hi, though i agree with your comments i don,t think a meeting would achieve anything and would only frustrate both of us by bringing up what was a bad experience for us both, if you read the newly listed reviews you will see we are not alone and this will continue to go one until all the unhappy customers take it upon themselves to pursue justice like i did, sooner or later the volume of complaints to the relevant body will draw close attention to this problem and hopefully take action to fix it. Thanks.

“Very good service”

Written on: 15/06/2012 by NigeW (1 review written)

Bought a Skodia Fabia at a reasonable price back in May. Day after we brought it home we noticed a flat tyre. Notr their fault but they sorted it out for us. A week or so later we needed the handbrake adjusting. They sorted it all with the minimum of fuss. All in all a very happy experience with sales and service staff. A particular mention must go to the people that deal with you on the phone - very helpful and couldn't do enough for us… Read Full Review

The...lifeguard.'s Response to NigeW's Review

Written on: 10/08/2013

As these cars are sold with full 12months MOT to have the handbrake issue one week after purchase is a big fail within the MOT. If they ignore such things as handbrakes when MOT testing then what else is overlooked.

I had issues with my brakes which the AP covered up then gave me the car back to drive........!

“ford car exchange”

Written on: 04/05/2012 by beedee (1 review written)

My ford ST tdci estate was too big and fast for my wife so i looked at a number of dealers within a 70mile range with a veiw to an exchange to something a little smaller. I called Tyneside Autoparc after a number of calls to other motor traders fell flat.What a revelation, as within 15minutes of chatting to Chris we had done the deal on a Mondeo GhiaX which took my wifes fancy after seeing it on a national auction site. Now remembering that Chris hadn't seen my car {i discribed it honestly]… Read Full Review

Beedee's Response to beedee's Review

Written on: 20/12/2012

having had the car for a few months and less than 7thousand miles more the injectors have packed in, the mechanic noticed that part of the front bumper had been SAWN of and although it came with a years warranty on mechanical breakdown they are doing everything they can to avoid repairing it. what a mug i have been all they want is your money and then forget you. i am now tahing legal advice to secure a repair. dont touch them with a bargepole

The...lifeguard.'s reply to Beedee's Comment

Written on: 05/08/2013

Hi,
Why not contact the review center and ask if you can amend the star rating to reflect your true feeling. leaving it at 5 stars after the issues that have been found can only give a false rating and lull unsuspecting customers into a false sense of security.