World Stores Reviews - www.worldstores.com

World Stores www.worldstores.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for World Stores www.worldstores.com

World Stores www.worldstores.com

“horriffic”

Written on: 20/07/2014 by rlMuir260 (1 review written)

Ordered dining table from world furniture it was damaged they reordered dining table and sent original damaged table driver assaulted me when taking photos of damaged parcel horrendous. Extremely upset and in shock and still have no dining set. This is the worst ever company and worst disgraceful delivery service uk express. I will never use these companies… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/07/2014

Hi,

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve experienced problems with your order. If you could please email your order number to us.

Prachi

“Should have read the reviews”

Written on: 19/07/2014 by jandroo (2 reviews written)

Paid for 48hr delivery that will now be 2 weeks. Will miss my daughters birthday and the money will already have been taken from my account no doubt! Customer services closed so i contacted the sale office and said i would be willing to take any playhouse with 48 hour delivery but they couldn't tell me which products that applied to so guess what; I had to call customer services!! I am £600 out if pocket and no nearer to getting any answers from this company as to where my product is. The item… Read Full Review

Worldstores's Response to jandroo's Review

Written on: 21/07/2014

“NO SIGN OF DELIVERY”

Written on: 14/07/2014 by beGalloway1964 (1 review written)

Paid more for next day delivery and sat in waiting all day for it and it did not arrive! Rang customer services who had no explanation and offered to send it two days later?! I demanded a refund but he was quickly to put the phone down so I highly doubt I'll get one. They have ignore all my emails. AVOID WORLDSTORES!!!! I wish I had read reviews before I ordered!! AWFUL COMPANY AWFUL MANAGEMENT… Read Full Review

“Very worring!!!!!”

Written on: 12/07/2014 by 203Bird (1 review written)

I wish i had read the reviews on world store before ordering my nest of tables im still waiting for them to be delivered ive emailed asking when they will be delivered but no reply. Would never order from world store again. if i dont hear from them by next week il be taking this further… Read Full Review

Prachi

“If only there was an option for zero stars”

Written on: 11/07/2014 by M_Sully402 (1 review written)

I've never gone as far as to write an online review, but I feel it's my duty to let people know that they should avoid this firm at ALL COSTS. I'm not going to sit here and write an essay on how bad my experience has been, but if you want a service that doesn't make you take days off work for non-existent deliveries, a service that doesn't take your money and give you sod all in return or a service that actually has some sort of customer service.... THEN DON'T CHOOSE WORLDSTORES!!!! I had to… Read Full Review

Worldstores's Response to M_Sully402's Review

“Awful Customer Service”

Written on: 04/07/2014 by esra123 (1 review written)

I initially made an order for a pine bed frame and a mattress and the order number for this is BN0068680 and this was delivered to me on time. However after opening the box for the pine bed frame I was absolutely shocked at what I saw the slates for the bed frame was completely damaged and clearly some one else had used it before. The sides of the slates were all chipped and the slates itself was so rough that I cut my finger trying to take them out the box. I then managed to call your customer… Read Full Review

Worldstores's Response to esra123's Review

Written on: 08/07/2014

Dear Esra,

Dear Esra,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We’re sorry you weren’t happy with your experience shopping with us. I have been in touch with you and resolved this issue.

“what a sham company”

Written on: 02/07/2014 by 337Cobb (1 review written)

i ordered furniture from the steens richmond range from WORLDSTORES for my disabled sons small bedroom, wardrobe, top box for wardrobe and chest of drawers. I rang before i ordered to make sure the top box fitted the wardrobe i was ordering and i was told it would so i went ahead and placed the order i was told 1 to 2 weeks delivery, i was amazed when the wardrobe arrived within the week, i tried to ring to find out about the rest of my order but no answer so i e-mailed and they said delivery… Read Full Review

Written on: 03/07/2014

“Terrible service”

Written on: 29/06/2014 by mvLarson304 (1 review written)

I ordered a bedroom set of furniture & was told delivery would be 1 - 2 weeks. After 2 weeks I rang the number on the website and was told someone would ring me back & they never did. I emailed them, received 2 emails back saying they had received my email but I still didn't hear anything back. After lots of phone calls, and nearly a month later, I was told the wardrobes I had ordered had been recalled to the supplier, but should receive delivery the following week. Nothing arrived & when I… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/06/2014

Prachi

“Poor service from Worldstores ”

Written on: 26/06/2014 by LucianoRoberts (1 review written)

I made the mistake of ordering 3 bedroom furniture sets from Worldstores for a rental property. I travelled 130 miles to the property and waited in all day. My other deliveries from John Lewis and Ikea arrived perfectly but Worldstores failed to deliver. I called their delivery company XDP express, who had sent me emails confirming my delivery date. They said they had not received the delivery from the supplier and therefore would deliver on another day "soon." No email to me or phone call… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/06/2014

“rediculous!!!!”

Written on: 26/06/2014 by Jordon432 (1 review written)

ordered a bed to be delivered last Friday, failed delivery. Spoke to a manager who promised it would be there Sat, failed delivery. Monday am courier turned up with a damaged bed. Tuesday courier turned up took away damaged bed and delivered another damaged one!!!! spoke to manager again promised Thursday they will collect damaged one and deliver another....no confirmation email so called this morning (Thursday) and they have lost a box in transit!!! seriously!!!!!!!… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/06/2014

Prachi

“Awful customer service!! ”

Written on: 24/06/2014 by Kaya186 (1 review written)

Ordered a trampoline from this company, waited in all day on day of delivery. Nothing. Got a text that night to say it would be delivered the next day. Waited in all day. Nothing. I then spent altogether about 3 hours on hold trying to talk to someone. I was very easily able to get hold of someone in their sales dept but they couldn't help at all. I left 4 email Message, none were replied to apart from one which said my queries had been closed!!! Finally 6 days later at 8pm at night the… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/06/2014

Prachi

“Booked & paid extra for specific day delivery never...”

Written on: 23/06/2014 by Cannonoc498 (1 review written)

Ordered 17 doors on 13th June to be delivered on Friday 20th June, paid extra for the specific day delivery as had to have time off work. Waited in 8 - 6 and nothing arrived emailed courier, no response. Called world stores and they said that on the 19th they realised we needed an alternative delivery vehicle but didn't care enough to let me (the person waiting in for them) know. Wouldn't offer an alternative on delivery other than their Monday to Friday 8-6 wait and see, you'd be lucky to… Read Full Review

Cannon48's Comment

Written on: 24/06/2014

Hi Pratchi, I have emailed customer services and will await your response, Thank you

Details to follow of how I get on..........

“Worst company I have EVER come across”

Written on: 22/06/2014 by Nicolamason24 (2 reviews written)

I have absolutely nothing good to say about world stores. Firstly they took our money twice, the bed was delivered late and when I unpackaged it was in total disbelief at the shocking poor quality of the bed. We purchased a blue single bed for our little boy, his first bed, it was ripped several times underneath, had a huge dent in the top, was basically ply covered in fabric and barely took his weight and the headboard didn't fit properly. Called world stores to complain and arrange a return… Read Full Review

Prachi

“Worst company I have EVER come across”

Written on: 22/06/2014 by Nicolamason24 (2 reviews written)

Avoidem13's reply to Worldstores's Comment

Written on: 24/06/2014

I Sent them 3 emails. WorldStores said ' Thanks for your email, our team are looking into it'. Never got a reply to any of them.

Nicolamason24's reply to Worldstores's Comment

Preaching,
Order number is cb0017268. Once again, XDP called yesterday and pretended to arrange a collection and once again (fifth time) didn't turn up. I called the same man on the same mobile number and one again he pretended to have never heard of us, despite telling me yesterday that world stores had emailed him. I am sick of this, and if it's not resolved within 24 hours I will be going to the trading standards and the media.

Written on: 25/06/2014

Hi,

Thank you for providing me with the order number, I am looking into the details and will be in touch shortly.

Once again I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Avoidem13's Response to Nicolamason24's Review

Written on: 24/06/2014

I have also had a terrible time with WorldStores. I ordered a dressing table for my daughter. When it arrived, there were 2 boxes but packaging said there should be 3. I rang them to ask where the 3rd box was and they lied and said all parts were in 2 boxes, and that it was a printing error on the packaging. Opened it up lo and behold, no mirror. Quite essential I would have thought. Nightmare after that. Lies and constantly being fobbed off. But, kept up with complaint, and because I smelt a rat, got witnesses to both phone calls and emails. Got my money back eventually. Keep trying. Good luck.

Nicolamason24's reply to Avoidem13's Comment

Written on: 24/06/2014

Thank you :-). The courier are such liars too, shocking....I want to scream at them!!

“WorldStores rubbish”

Written on: 21/06/2014 by Mickeysday (1 review written)

Purchased and paid for and as arranged next day delivery but did not turn up. couldn't get a reply from worldstores and the links to the delivery firm wouldn't work. We are approaching our sixties and spent four days sleeping n the floor and trying to get some response from worldstores. Eventually the bed turned up and it was pure luck my wife happened to be in at the time. This is the first negative review i have ever given and I would never use worldstores again they must be the worst online… Read Full Review

Worldstores's Response to Mickeysday's Review

Hi,

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve experienced problems with your order. If you could please email your order number to us at help@worldstores.co.uk

Prachi

“We can't fault the quality or the service”

Written on: 19/06/2014 by gary.williams.52035 (2 reviews written)

We ordered about 10 items of furniture from the various parts of World Stores and we were very impressed overall. The quality is good, better than Ikea, of all the items only one delivery was not within the 24 hours they advertised and that was the next day. The couriers used were excellent as well and gave us regular estimates of delivery time. We also returned one item and this was processed two days after the collection of the item. Whenever I asked a question I got a reply within 24… Read Full Review

“No product after more than two weeks”

Written on: 17/06/2014 by AlejandroCBA (1 review written)

I ordered a cage for my hamster two weeks ago and I still not receiving my product. Plus there are long delays on the replies. By this time I could have pop up on any store and buy the same cage. This experience does not worth the couple of bucks that I supposed I saved on the offer… Read Full Review

Worldstores's Response to AlejandroCBA's Review

Written on: 19/06/2014

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I apologise for the inconvenience caused by the delivery issues concerning your item. I have contacted you and provided my details to discuss your order and resolve this matter for you.

“Terrible, terrible service”

Written on: 16/06/2014

So we buy a sofa bed, and have next day delivery arranged. But it doesn't come. No-one answers repeated emails or calls. OK, it's a Saturday - but don't retail stores open on a Saturday. It take ten minutes for them to pick up the call on the Monday. Oh yes, they say, you shouldn't have been offered next day. And it was said like it was our fault. And no, they couldn't tell us when the delivery would be made. That's for the courier company to decide. I escalated it to the manager. Frankly, she… Read Full Review

Written on: 17/06/2014

Utterlyfedup13's Comment

Written on: 18/06/2014

Problems with the order: not everything works in life.
Problems with the attitude: people I spoke with couldn't care less, didn't want to help, reckoned 'it's not our fault' [apparently it was the courier, but aren't they part of the service we paid for?]. That's the problem.
I'll never use WorldStore again, and will be telling everyone I know who asks not to either.

Written on: 18/06/2014

Prachi

“Would have loved to have got the item I ordered”

Written on: 13/06/2014 by Unhappy9 (1 review written)

I ordered a Jasper chair for my elderly mum who had just come from hospital, thought be nice for her bedroom, ordered it over the phone. 48 hour delivery, took a day off work losing a days pay, thought I had better check day before delivery that all is ok, spoke to a very nice young man who informed me all ok. Waited until four on the day of delivery then rang again and was told that my item would not now be delivered that day, I cancelled the order and was told that my poor old mums money… Read Full Review

Worldstores's Response to Unhappy9's Review

Written on: 16/06/2014

“Terrible”

Written on: 06/06/2014 by AshantiKirby198 (1 review written)

After waiting in all day for a delivery that didn't turn up!!! I called and the end of the day and was assured the items would be delivered the following day! after waiting in again the next day I called mid morning as again I had heard nothing only to be told the item was damaged and I would not be receiving it at all!!! Terrible service, terrible communication, STAY AWAY FRON WORLD STORES!!!!!!!… Read Full Review

Written on: 10/06/2014