World Stores Reviews - www.worldstores.com

World Stores www.worldstores.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for World Stores www.worldstores.com

World Stores www.worldstores.com

“Cheated on price”

Written on: 20/08/2014 by Jrdjrd (1 review written)

We purchased a door from Doorsworld a subsidiary of Worldstores based on their online price claims, headline discounts displayed on webpage etc only to find that we have been intentionally mislead on their best prices. Infact we paid almost three times the price for the same door at doorsworld when compared to one of the largest physical UK stores. It cost us £95 in total including delivery whilst we have sourced exactly the same product now locally for £35. On raising the issue we have… Read Full Review

Worldstores's Response to Jrdjrd's Review

Written on: 21/08/2014

Hi,

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve experienced problems with your order. If you could please email your order number to us.

Prachi

“scared but should not have been”

Written on: 18/08/2014 by suebohnen (1 review written)

I brought a desk from worldstores because it was exactly the one my husband wanted but cheaper than at a high street store. I place the order and then I read the review's. This was on a sunday I read the reviews on a Monday. had a call late Monday afternoon that delivery would be on the Wednesday. Dream on I thought that isn,t going to happen, but Wednesday morning I had a text to say that they would be delivering that afternoon about 4pm. Just after 4 two very nice delivery men arrived with… Read Full Review

“False advertising”

Written on: 14/08/2014 by Gibson479 (1 review written)

I haven't even bought anything from them...thank goodness! I only asked a question about a price that I believed was wrong on their website. A particular single mattress states that it is.£97.99 until you select it...once you try to buy this mattress,the price miraculously changes to £129.99. Now that's quite a jump by anyone's standards....and to be honest they couldn't give a **** Based on other reviews I am surprised that I got any response at all. On the contrary......I had many e-mails… Read Full Review

Written on: 15/08/2014

Stanny632's Comment

Written on: 15/08/2014

Dear Prachi,

I didn't have an order.....Thank goodness!
Haha.....priceless!

“I have had a lot of dealings with worldstores and...”

Written on: 09/08/2014 by Sweeney176 (1 review written)

I have had a lot of dealings with worldstores and every time something has gone wrong. I don`t know how many people they have at their customer services, I think it`s one or none at all. You cannot get in touch with them by phone and they never answer your e-mails, they give you 24 hours to complain about your problem, but by the time they get back in contact with you if ever, your 24 hours are up. I will not be using worldstores again and if anyone is thinking of doing so, I would think twice… Read Full Review

“Not Reliable At All!”

Written on: 09/08/2014 by 75Maurer (1 review written)

Fantastic choice of products online - brilliant range of delivery options, offering great flexibility. HOWEVER, the item of furniture never arrived on the day of delivery. No telephone call, no email - wasted a whole day off waiting for a delivery which would never arrive. After this time, their customer service centre is shut and you can't get in touch with the couriers either. If you want to buy a mythical piece of furniture and then be kept in the dark about when it may or may not… Read Full Review

“WORST COMPANY EVER”

Written on: 09/08/2014 by Alisonw457 (1 review written)

ordered a mattress and paid £10 for this to be delivered on a wednesday, took the day off didnt show up. then called world stores who apologised and said the mattress had only just reached there depot, as good will gesture would refund me the £10 and get it delivered on a saturday. waited all day saturday and no show, no one in sales could even track my order so had to call monday to find out order hadnt even reached the depot. completely wasted my time, ive asked to cancel my order but 2… Read Full Review

“Delivery not made”

Written on: 08/08/2014 by NMercer (1 review written)

I requested and paid for a next day delivery which didn't arrive, I was assured by world stores that it would arrive the next day so once again I waited in for the mythical delivery. Again this didn't happen and it took me hours on hold before I was able to get through to customer service advisor as all emails had been ignored, she chased it and found out that the previous customer service advisor had obviously lied when he assured me the delivery would be next day as one of the items wasn't… Read Full Review

Worldstores's Response to NMercer's Review

“Would not recommend”

Written on: 31/07/2014 by lemonsorange (1 review written)

The door was delivered on a different day than requested without prior warning so I had to take two days off work… Read Full Review

Worldstores's Response to lemonsorange's Review

Written on: 01/08/2014

Prachi

“Not delivered on time and damaged”

Written on: 30/07/2014 by Gregory499 (1 review written)

I ordered lots of furniture from world stores as I was furnishing a new house. I organised everything in precise detail and chose worldstores over other companies as they promised next day or selected day delivery. They give you a 3 hour time slot on the tracking email. I expected everything on the Monday. Just two things arrived. When I asked where's the rest I received blank faces. I called world stores and got an apology and a promise it would all arrive the next day. Same story. Just one… Read Full Review

Written on: 31/07/2014

“Absolute Shambles”

Written on: 24/07/2014

I ordered a rabbit hutch on July 22nd, using next day delivery from Cagesworld, one of Worldstores other trading names - and not a cheap hutch either. It needed to be a next day delivery as it was needed urgently. So - delivery on the 23rd July? Nope. Contact and apologies from the company? Nope. Emailed them, no response. Tracked my package - still 'awaiting collection' from their depot. One day wasted. Delivery on the 24th? Nope - repeat as above. I have wasted another day on this shonky… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/07/2014

Dear Fiona,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I apologise for the inconvenience caused by the delivery issues concerning your item. I am currently looking into this and will contact you shortly to resolve this matter for you.

Kind Regards

“horriffic”

Written on: 20/07/2014 by rlMuir260 (1 review written)

Ordered dining table from world furniture it was damaged they reordered dining table and sent original damaged table driver assaulted me when taking photos of damaged parcel horrendous. Extremely upset and in shock and still have no dining set. This is the worst ever company and worst disgraceful delivery service uk express. I will never use these companies… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/07/2014

Prachi

“Should have read the reviews”

Written on: 19/07/2014 by jandroo (2 reviews written)

Paid for 48hr delivery that will now be 2 weeks. Will miss my daughters birthday and the money will already have been taken from my account no doubt! Customer services closed so i contacted the sale office and said i would be willing to take any playhouse with 48 hour delivery but they couldn't tell me which products that applied to so guess what; I had to call customer services!! I am £600 out if pocket and no nearer to getting any answers from this company as to where my product is. The item… Read Full Review

Worldstores's Response to jandroo's Review

Written on: 21/07/2014

“NO SIGN OF DELIVERY”

Written on: 14/07/2014 by beGalloway1964 (1 review written)

Paid more for next day delivery and sat in waiting all day for it and it did not arrive! Rang customer services who had no explanation and offered to send it two days later?! I demanded a refund but he was quickly to put the phone down so I highly doubt I'll get one. They have ignore all my emails. AVOID WORLDSTORES!!!! I wish I had read reviews before I ordered!! AWFUL COMPANY AWFUL MANAGEMENT… Read Full Review

“Very worring!!!!!”

Written on: 12/07/2014 by 203Bird (1 review written)

I wish i had read the reviews on world store before ordering my nest of tables im still waiting for them to be delivered ive emailed asking when they will be delivered but no reply. Would never order from world store again. if i dont hear from them by next week il be taking this further… Read Full Review

Prachi

“If only there was an option for zero stars”

Written on: 11/07/2014 by M_Sully402 (1 review written)

I've never gone as far as to write an online review, but I feel it's my duty to let people know that they should avoid this firm at ALL COSTS. I'm not going to sit here and write an essay on how bad my experience has been, but if you want a service that doesn't make you take days off work for non-existent deliveries, a service that doesn't take your money and give you sod all in return or a service that actually has some sort of customer service.... THEN DON'T CHOOSE WORLDSTORES!!!! I had to… Read Full Review

Worldstores's Response to M_Sully402's Review

“Awful Customer Service”

Written on: 04/07/2014 by esra123 (1 review written)

I initially made an order for a pine bed frame and a mattress and the order number for this is BN0068680 and this was delivered to me on time. However after opening the box for the pine bed frame I was absolutely shocked at what I saw the slates for the bed frame was completely damaged and clearly some one else had used it before. The sides of the slates were all chipped and the slates itself was so rough that I cut my finger trying to take them out the box. I then managed to call your customer… Read Full Review

Worldstores's Response to esra123's Review

Written on: 08/07/2014

Dear Esra,

Dear Esra,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We’re sorry you weren’t happy with your experience shopping with us. I have been in touch with you and resolved this issue.

Kind Regards

“what a sham company”

Written on: 02/07/2014 by 337Cobb (1 review written)

i ordered furniture from the steens richmond range from WORLDSTORES for my disabled sons small bedroom, wardrobe, top box for wardrobe and chest of drawers. I rang before i ordered to make sure the top box fitted the wardrobe i was ordering and i was told it would so i went ahead and placed the order i was told 1 to 2 weeks delivery, i was amazed when the wardrobe arrived within the week, i tried to ring to find out about the rest of my order but no answer so i e-mailed and they said delivery… Read Full Review

Written on: 03/07/2014

“Terrible service”

Written on: 29/06/2014 by mvLarson304 (1 review written)

I ordered a bedroom set of furniture & was told delivery would be 1 - 2 weeks. After 2 weeks I rang the number on the website and was told someone would ring me back & they never did. I emailed them, received 2 emails back saying they had received my email but I still didn't hear anything back. After lots of phone calls, and nearly a month later, I was told the wardrobes I had ordered had been recalled to the supplier, but should receive delivery the following week. Nothing arrived & when I… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/06/2014

Prachi

“Poor service from Worldstores ”

Written on: 26/06/2014 by LucianoRoberts (1 review written)

I made the mistake of ordering 3 bedroom furniture sets from Worldstores for a rental property. I travelled 130 miles to the property and waited in all day. My other deliveries from John Lewis and Ikea arrived perfectly but Worldstores failed to deliver. I called their delivery company XDP express, who had sent me emails confirming my delivery date. They said they had not received the delivery from the supplier and therefore would deliver on another day "soon." No email to me or phone call… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/06/2014

Hi,

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve experienced problems with your order. If you could please email your order number to us at

“rediculous!!!!”

Written on: 26/06/2014 by Jordon432 (1 review written)

ordered a bed to be delivered last Friday, failed delivery. Spoke to a manager who promised it would be there Sat, failed delivery. Monday am courier turned up with a damaged bed. Tuesday courier turned up took away damaged bed and delivered another damaged one!!!! spoke to manager again promised Thursday they will collect damaged one and deliver another....no confirmation email so called this morning (Thursday) and they have lost a box in transit!!! seriously!!!!!!!… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/06/2014