Harveys Bel Air 3 seat sofa in Brown Reviews

Harveys Bel Air 3 seat sofa in Brown - Ask a question now

“Think it has woodworm ”

Written on: 07/04/2014 by sammyjayneex (9 reviews written)

I bought harveys 3 and 2 seater sofas in brown faux leather in January 2012 but it wasn't delivered until march 2012 Now years later I ahve started to find small white creamy worms coming out of it. After doing research it appears it's wood worm. Now I have read it takes up to 3 years to notice. I'm now wondering wether Harveys are liable as I have never had this problem in any other part of my house Rally angry as it cost me £647 2 years ago now it will have to go on the tip and I can't… Read Full Review

“sofa's nice but!!!!”

Written on: 03/03/2013

it was delivered 6 weeks late, 3 seater was broken so we refused it, but i must say they good a delivered a replacement in 4 days... major issue, our son has had an allergic reaction to it and can sit on it nor be near it and he is only two years old, we are having it investigated for DMF (dimethyl fumarate ) which a chinese manufacturing company was found to use on furniture that was in storage to prevent mould,, this is banned in the eu and not banned from being imported. if it isnt this in… Read Full Review

N.gauci's Comment

Written on: 09/10/2013

I have experienced a respiratory problem which I suspect is from a very similar sofa we bought ealier this year from Harveys- tthe Oberon which looks identical in its construction so clearly from the same manufacturer, I was wondering if the person above got any further with their investigation?

“Very Poor Quality - Wore out in less than a year”

Written on: 25/12/2012

Bought this in the sale in december 2012, very comfy at first but after 8 months the side that as used the most had collapsed, with the middle and other end on their way. After 3 calls, Harveys sent out a repair man who jammed in a bit of tougher foam on the worst end. Everyone in the house works so is out most days and most weekends, so sofa is used for 1-3hours in the evenings, none of us weigh more than 11stone, so its taken relatively low use to wear it out. Would not recomend or buy again… Read Full Review

“harveys lets you down”

Written on: 03/08/2012

orded and payed for jupiter 3 seat sofa on the 5th july after 4 weeks waiting and phones calls which they never called back i got a call saying the sofa had been discontined,i was offered a oreban sofa but a nother 4 weeks wait.they say clearance and express deliver but its a lie.ive finally got my money back… Read Full Review

“Poor quality product and poor customer service”

Written on: 25/10/2011 by Pinkwellies (2 reviews written)

Purchased 2 Bel Air sofas on 2nd of October and was told delivery would be 2-4 weeks which suited me fine as wanted to decorate the room first. I received a call the next day to say they were ready for delivery that week, when I said that was a bit soon for me the attitude of the person on the phone changed and I was told in a very aggresive tone that I would incur a charge of £25 per week for storage. I reluctantly agreed to delivery that week and I wish I hadn't, the sofas are extremely… Read Full Review

Chriso710's Response to Pinkwellies's Review

Written on: 13/11/2012

I have Bel Sofas delivered yesterday after waiting over 10 weeks after my original Sofas were cracking and Harveys said they would replace them with a Suite of my choice but I would have to pay the difference, no way, I eventually paid £50.00 goodness knows why as I have a three year guarantee. The Bel Air two seater is fine however the three seater back cushions were higher and just needed pushing down, I found the sofas to be very comfortable. I will be challenging Harveys as to why I have had to pay £50.00 now that I actually have the funiture.

Chris

“YEs we got one too, and i can honestly say it's the...”

Written on: 21/04/2011

YEs we got one too, and i can honestly say it's the comfiest sofa i've ever sat on. I kid you not. I have a bit of back pain after getting SPD with my 3rd pregnancy, and so when we were going to invest, we thought we'd try out a number of sofas before buying.

Anyway, yes, i would recommend - we have one and it's relally lovely. Wish i'd got it earlier! ;-)… Read Full Review

“Just got my 3 seater sofa from Harveys and...it's...”

Written on: 22/02/2011

Just got my 3 seater sofa from Harveys and...it's actually really nice!

I wasn't expecting too much for £500, but it's really nice. Good quality suede and they delivered it 4 days early, which is always a bonus.

Anyway, just wondering what other people thought and if they had one? Do they last? etc.

Thanks… Read Full Review

Chriso710's Comment

Written on: 13/11/2012

Agree with you about softness, but the material is not Suede