Michelin Pilot Power Pure Reviews

• Road Handling

• Durability

• Road Noise

Michelin Pilot Power Pure - Ask a question now

“Michelin Power Pures on a GSXR1000”

Written on: 05/10/2011 by chancho196 (1 review written)

I was happy with the old PIlot Powers on my 2006 GSXR1000. They had good feel, lasted well, but were a harder compound than the latest tyres out there. Despite that, they never seemed to lose traction, put up with a lot of hard road use and the obligatory knee down action. So, when I saw the Power Pures advertised, I got excited. Twin compound would bring me bang up to date, so I dropped the wheels off at the local shop and handed over the readies. What a fantastic tyre! So quick to turn… Read Full Review

“Have a 2008 Suzuki GSX750F (aka Katana) with near...”

Written on: 14/02/2011

Have a 2008 Suzuki GSX750F (aka Katana) with near 20000 miles on it. Chucked the OEM Dunlops fairly early, ran a set of Pilot Road 2CTs which did quite well. Now after having suspension upgraded decided to try a set of Pilot Power Pure from Michelin. Biggest difference is how easy the bike is to flick from side to side, you can feel the lighter construction helping the bike feel much sportier. Upgrade of suspension has helped of course, yet these tyres are just so grippy I can only get them to… Read Full Review

Jason2469's Comment

Written on: 16/08/2012

I have used both the pures and the poer 2ct and Ive found they actually wear about the same because the pure wears more evenly due to the super soft sides. I have had problems with the power 2ct wearing funny also, I only got 2800 miles on last set. I switched to the pure and I get 4000 good miles. There is no comparison when it comes to handling, and rider confidence. Main probs with pure- becarefull in wet conditions(compared to the power) and in 100 degree summers in Texas the front tire will get so soft it becomes slick and will slide under hard breaking. Great tire though.