Eharmony UK Reviews - www.eharmony.co.uk

• Ease Of Navigation

Eharmony UK www.eharmony.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Eharmony UK www.eharmony.co.uk

“pathetic !”

Written on: 20/11/2016 by Juan286 (1 review written)

looked at eharmony , answered questions and posted photos, didn't want to subscribe for three months so haven't bothered, but cant get to close my profile, have msged the Help team , tried to follow intructions , but still cant do it , so annoying , wouldn't recommend at all !!!… Read Full Review

“E-harmony - Waste of time and money”

Written on: 20/11/2016

Signed up for 12 months membership with E-harmony and wish I hadn't bothered. Before joining properly I was sent almost 400 matches but after paying the fee it quickly became apparent most of them were out with the geographical area I had requested some as far as 400 miles away and of the 400 matches only a handful appear to be paid up members who can actually contact and be contacted. It is impossible to find out if a match is a proper member or whether they are just someone who has set up a… Read Full Review

“absolute rubbish site beware”

Written on: 26/10/2016 by Carolyn122 (1 review written)

I joined eHarmony on a 12 month contract, no matches unless 100 miles away, also nobody responded to any of my questions, so I looked deeper into this, a friend was on plenty of fish, and low and behold three of my matches where on it I decided to speak to them about their eharmony profile's. One had left a year ago, and the others two years ago, proof that they use fake profiles of non members. If someone has a low self esteem this is detrimental to them. I am a very attractive woman, so I… Read Full Review

“Do not waste your money”

Written on: 22/10/2016 by zuWright371 (1 review written)

Total waste of money. I am an attractive woman, and when I answered all my questions and requirements, to my surprise the matches I got were all old and not attractive. Then when I complained they said it is for serious people looking for relationships...Well I am serious but I want someone I will be attracted to! For me it is a deal breaker. the you only get 5 matches that are dross. The what if, are slightly better, but again miles away. You cannot search, and their way of matching people are… Read Full Review

“Really scraping the barrel”

Written on: 01/09/2016 by Forever21-JJ (1 review written)

Eharmony do not have many matches at all and so will send matches outside your ideal age range or too far afield. The match I just got this morning was too young (51 years) even though I had set a limit of 54 ....had an unattractive naked chest with tattoos on. For Goodness sake how did this photo even get past their checks. They do not allow you to cancel until your subs have been paid in full (mine was a DD taken over 3 months) so beware of this and REMEMBER to cancel then. This was a total… Read Full Review

“Really not worth it.”

Written on: 31/07/2016 by Ronin1947 (1 review written)

I started off rather optimistic about eHarmony. After all it is said to be the no1 dating site. I soon lost interest though. I got a few matches inside my criteria, the rest were miles away, and I mean miles. And its not like they were even that good. On average they were 60% matches, and that's not worth driving two hours for. Despite not finding many matches I continued on for around three months checking, reviewing, starting the odd conversation, but still my closest match was 15 miles… Read Full Review

“Married my match”

Written on: 05/06/2016 by SimPor (1 review written)

I married my now wife on 17th October 2015 after we met on e-harmony and we are still very happy and in love. Married life is great for us both. One of my friends met his life partner on eharmony too so I'm a big fan. I liked many things about eharmony, but amongst the things that I liked most was that I could initially find out any compatibility with matches via the values, beliefs, habits, lifestyle issues before deciding if I wanted to communicate with my matches gradually. I could ask… Read Full Review

“Not impressed”

Written on: 22/05/2016 by 396O'Neil (1 review written)

I attempted to log on yesterday to cancel my subscription but oooo low and behold my password that I have been using for the last 3 months is now somehow incorrect!! After my anger subsided I calmly clicked the button to request an email for a new password. Guess what??? It never came. A few hours later they took my money! 24 hours later still no email so I rang "customer services" only to be told this was all my fault as I had made no attempt to cancel my subscription. No matter how many times… Read Full Review

Written on: 08/06/2016

Almost as convincing as the TV adverts, so sorry, I find it difficult to believe that his review genuiene. Sounds like it was written by the marketing dept at eharmony. Don't trust them at all.

“Bad customer service”

Written on: 11/05/2016 by LindsayShea (1 review written)

I started using this site 3 days ago and things had been fantastic: matched with about 10-15 new members each day & getting about 10 responses each day. I exchanged Q & As with 4 of the ones I'm most interested in and when it was coming close to a stage of exchanging proper messages the account was abruptly cancelled & money refunded. After reading many terrible reviews I am suspecting that I was purposedly booted off because a genuine match was about to happen and that is bad for business… Read Full Review

Written on: 08/06/2016

So agree with this. There is something distinctly dodgy about eharmony - I guess that responses aren't from real users but from the people who work at eharmony...

Written on: 08/06/2016

“Absolute rubbish - save your money”

Written on: 17/04/2016 by Caj0407 (1 review written)

I registered with E-harmony about 18 months ago after someone recommended it to me. I didn't go as far as paying the subscription as I wasn't totally committed to it at that time, but although I couldn't see the matches photos, I was receiving new matches every day. About a month ago, I felt I was in a good position to move on with my life so registered with them fully and signed up to 12 months membership of £107, payable in three monthly instalments, though this time I started a new… Read Full Review

Popjoy14's Response to Caj0407's Review

Written on: 08/06/2016

A good review. I just don't trust eharmony at all.

“Complete Rip-Off”

Written on: 04/04/2016 by Morganq352 (1 review written)

It's totally frustrating and impossible to navigate. You just sit and wait and there's no easy way of interacting with people on the site or choosing someone suitable. Like an idiot I joined for 2 years. I managed to turn off the auto renewal, after which I kept getting messages saying my membership was about to expire despite having 1 yr 9 months left. Finding contact details for admin is almost impossible. When I spoke to someone on the phone she laughed at me and when I said what was she… Read Full Review

Written on: 10/04/2016

A very good review. When I was on eharmony, my experience was awful. The worst dating site experience ever. The free ones are so much better in every respect.
On eharmony, your so called matches never replied, and if lucky, one or two would look at your profile every six weeks or so. A complete waste of time and money. Stay well clear for the sake of your sanity.

“Auto renew”

Written on: 18/02/2016 by 14Pollock (1 review written)

Be very careful of the auto renew...its in the small print and they'll keep taking your money even when you try to cancel. I was on the website for a year and didn't want to renew as the only matches were miles away or way out of my profile request. This is a poor service and the payments are very hard if not impossible to cancel, I had to cancel my credit card in the end. If you look on line there are thousands of complaints on Eharmony's payment/auto renewal methods… Read Full Review

Pandapus's Comment

Written on: 05/03/2016

Yeah and after filling out a lengthy ridiculous profile which includes banal questions like "would you stick to the the 30mph speed limit in a 30mph zone always?
Or i you found a penny in the road dropped by someone would you give it back to them?
If you said yes to some of these this nasty site promptly tells you it concludes you are something like "a tough unyielding character " who wouldn't really fit the people on the site.
Where are the defamation lawyers when you need them ?!

“Do not use this site!!! ”

Written on: 09/02/2016 by Burkewu260 (1 review written)

Do not use this site after 3 weeks on there I'v had a few people asking me 5 questions! A few looking at my profile and 62 year old messaging me 'wow' it is really shocking and I've paid £104 for that which as come out of my I tunes account (sneaky) I've turned off my auto renew and took my bank card off my I tunes account, I'm deleting my account and even though I've lost the money I've paid and I've learnt from this… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/02/2016

It seems that eharmony are not as trustworthy as they want you to believe. I was on there and they took money from my account without my permission. I completely detest eharmony for doing this.

Pandapus's Comment

Written on: 05/03/2016

Well yes if you're using iTunes its paying money all the way

“Complete waste of money!!”

Written on: 08/02/2016 by 490Bell (1 review written)

This site is truly the biggest waste of money ever. I am a fairly attractive person but decided on a years membership as it worked out the cheapest way per month. Big mistake!! You cannot search for anyone and days go by before you receive even 1 match. And is it just me but I don't want to meet someone who won't post a photo. Check out the prices and then you'll appreciate that actually you are paying all that money to receive either no matches or matches who live absolutely miles away or with… Read Full Review

Amber109's Comment

Written on: 09/02/2016

its really shocking I can't believe I've paid £104 for this dating site for a year and didn't look at reviews on it first! I'm a not bad looking 39 year old and after 3 weeks the only message I got was from a 62 year old and a few 5 questions off 50 year olds!!

“Senior dating?”

Written on: 02/02/2016 by Kiara402 (1 review written)

I signed up my dad to eHarmony to see if this site works for seniors and apparently it doesn't (at least not for him due to lack of members from his town). I spent some time on looking for a better alternative for him and I found one: PrimeTimeLove.com. He's chatting with few charming ladies already and looks quite happy :D… Read Full Review

“Met the girl of my dreams & soul mate 10 months ago”

Written on: 21/01/2016 by philodonnell (1 review written)

I really don't get all the bad reviews for this site. It offers by far the best matches. I went on 5 dates before meeting the girl of my dreams and got on well with all of them. It does what it says on the tin - matches you with people who are compatible psychologically. Unfortunately (fortunately now) the first 4 girls didn't have the va va vooom I was after so I kept looking and on the 29th march 2015 my Lady requested fast track which is where you skip the harmony icebreakers/… Read Full Review

Popjoy14's Response to philodonnell's Review

Written on: 23/01/2016

If this comment is true - it rather sounds like it's been written by the marketing department of eharmony, then congratulations, but sorry I don't believe it.
The bad reviews should be nothing of your concern. If you really did find your girlfriend on eharmony why would you have any care about these comments, or are you going to say that ehamony contacted you and requested you write a comment..? Did you really talk about your eharmony 20 or so compatible personality traits with your girlfriend...? Sounds very dodgy.
Clearly, according to the very vast majority of these reviews, eharmony is a waste of money because it doesn't work. Very few of the matches eharmony send to do not acknowledge a request - email or wink. So why bother.
eharmony is dire, costly, and so dreary.
Many of my friends who have used internet dating have found their partners on Match.com or POF. These are so much better because they have so much more active users that you are more likely to find your partner than on eharmony whence they send you a few non-subscribing matches each day. What's the point of eharmony?

“Poor service. Not value for money”

Written on: 18/01/2016 by Catilou (1 review written)

Eharmony claim they will send you daily matches, they do not! I have days go past when they provide no matches. When I rang them to complain they suggested I widen my geographical area of search. I am not willing to do this as I do not want a long distance relationship. If I get matches, they do not have photos attached, which I do not find helpful. Membership is not cheap and I feel Eharmony have taken my money without providing the service they claim to. I would never recommend this site to… Read Full Review

“Don't bother! Hang on to your money! Worst site EVER!!! ”

Written on: 02/01/2016

This site does not deliver what it promises it will. You spend ages compiling your profile but are sent totally unsuitable matches from the four corners of the country. The worst thing is that you cannot see if the members are currently active or past (most likely hugely dissatisfied) members who have moved on once their subscription has expired and not realised that the onus is on them to delete their profile. So as a result, you can waste your time and effort contacting someone and waiting… Read Full Review

Disgusted_101's Comment

Written on: 15/01/2016

They are an absolute disgrace. As an experiment, I sent an icebreaker to 50 of my matches. Guess what - I got 3 profile views and no replies. Believe me, while I'm no Claudia Schiffer, my experience on any other dating site would be that I would get a 20% response rate from such an effort i.e. at least 10 replies. Beggars belief.

“Dishonest company”

Written on: 24/12/2015

eHarmony tricks customers into renewing their account without their written consent. Apparently there is a button which is conveniently set up as a default to extend your account automatically. If you don't see that button, then eHarmony will not cancel your account until you pay for the full extension. I tried to cancel my account one day after the account was supposed to be closed and had my request denied. That's not a fair treatment of customers. Why haven't they set up this button to… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/12/2015

If this is true, then eharmony's behaviour is absolutely foul and smells of extreme desperation. I remember seeing an orange/yellow icon - near the end of my subscription period - which needed to be clicked in order for your subscription to continue. I did not click this icon, and yet they still took money from my account without permission. This from a so called trusted website...

“Don't waste your money!”

Written on: 24/12/2015 by countrygirlornot (1 review written)

Joined on a Groupon offer of 3 months for £30, thank god it was an offer & I didn't pay full price! Complete waste of money. They ask you hoards of questions to supposedly create your perfect matches but you're sent basically anyone that breathes....what part of "how important is attractiveness" do they not understand when I put 8/10 on a scale and they send me everyone who'd fallen out the ugly tree! They clearly just match you with anyone & you can't search for your own matches like other… Read Full Review