HomeServe Reviews - www.homeserve.com

HomeServe - www.homeserve.com - Ask a question now

“Good value, good service”

Written on: 19/05/2014 by BigPea (1 review written)

I took out a 1 year policy on plumbing & electrics as we had moved house to an old house and it was a special offer through the water company and you never know what you will find. The house has been great but 4 days before the policy ran out I noticed the stopcock and realised I hadn't tried it. It was stuck fast - so if there had been a problem with the water it could easily have become a big one. I didn't think a jammed stopcock would be covered but I called Homeserve just in case. I… Read Full Review

Homeserveuk's Response to BigPea's Review

Written on: 19/05/2014

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. It’s good to hear that you were pleased with our service overall when you recently made a claim. Could you please email us with your details so that we can find your claim and could give positive feedback to engineer Sean as you mentioned about his good work. Once again we are very pleased to hear that you are very happy with the service received.

Much appreciated for your time.

Kind Regards,

Anjali

HomeServe.

“continued wrong diagnosis”

Written on: 06/05/2014 by Loreleix393 (1 review written)

Having taken out a policy with Homeserve which incurs a £50 call out fee we had a strange error code appear on the boiler and called Homeserve to investigate. The Gascraft engineer did not have a diagnosis for this error code we continued to get the error code and called Homeserve again, still the fault was not diagnosed. My Husband rang the boiler manufactures technical team who said the fault lay with the control circuit board obviously this should have been done by Homeserve. We told… Read Full Review

Homeserveuk's Comment

Written on: 06/05/2014

Sorry to hear about the problems you’ve experienced with your boiler claim. Please can you email us your contact details & we’ll get back in touch.

We look forward to hearing from you.

James
HomeServe

“ Replacing parts that aren't faulty! Shame on you...”

Written on: 11/04/2014 by NevaehPratt (1 review written)

My boiler required its annual service which is provided via Homeserve. My landlord was present at the time the engineer came to carry out the service. The engineer told her that the ironiser pin needed replacing as it could be a fire hazard and that it was a common problem with this boiler. My boiler is 5 years old and had been fixed 3 weeks earlier by another of Homeserve's engineers at a cost of £50 excess. I was obviously concerned, I have 4 children and don't want a fire hazard in my… Read Full Review

“Still waiting for my "emergency" to be dealt with”

Written on: 02/01/2014 by dannyreviews (2 reviews written)

I have home emergency cover with Homeserve as part of my Legal & General home insurance. I phoned to ask for assistance when two tiles were dislodged on my roof in high winds. As well as potential for rain to cause damage to my home they were also in danger of falling, causing damage to property or injuring someone. I've now been waiting for a roofer to visit for a week. I've had to chase Homeserve on a number of occasions following missed appointments. The roofer has blamed the weather and… Read Full Review

Homeserveuk's Response to dannyreviews's Review

Written on: 03/01/2014

Hi ,

I’m sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced during your recent claim. I apologise for any inconvenience this may be causing you.

If you'd like to contact us by email with your contact details or alternatively you can contact us via the emergency help line and we’ll look into this further for you.

HomeServe

“Quick to come but completely useless”

Written on: 29/12/2013 by nas7001 (2 reviews written)

Since I had Homeserve I have asked them asked them to help me with two issues. The first issue involved a radiator which would not bleed as the bleed screw would not come out. The person who came said that a new radiator would be needed and it will cost a ridiculous amount of money which I do not remember right now. Instead I got my plumber friend to remove the old bleed screw and replace it and it is still working fine now. The second issue involved a broken bulb holder in my ceiling fan… Read Full Review

Homeserveuk's Response to nas7001's Review

Written on: 30/12/2013

Hi Nas7001,

I’m sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced during your recent claims. I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

If you'd like to contact us by email with your contact details and we’ll look into this further for you.

HomeServe

“I would give them no stars...but not an option.”

Written on: 14/12/2013 by notwarminny (1 review written)

Have been without heat for 4 days-just happen to be the coldest of the year. Took 1 day to get tech here. Took 2 days to get part here. They sent a monkey out with the new parts and he can't make the furnace run. It is 8 year old furnace-old technology he says. Sorry buddy but one year old furnaces don't break down. He has left. We are cold, and not very hopeful about the outcome. This is a bad company to do business with. Obviously not trained techs or good problem solvers. This… Read Full Review

Homeserveuk's Response to notwarminny's Review

Written on: 16/12/2013

Hi

I’m sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced with your recent claim. We’d like to look into this and try and help get your claim resolved for you. Please email us with your contact details and we'll look into this for you.

Jayneharrison's Response to notwarminny's Review

Written on: 24/12/2013

I have had sinilar issues, 4 different engineers, I use that term lightly, have attended and told me I need different parts, all I had was timer problem, had heating and hot water now after diverter valve fitted and some pressure valve and told did not need some other part that previous one had ordered, next one blew up the circuit board sohave no heating or hot water on xmas eve.

H appy xmas to me

homeserve not interested, all silly girl sas is someone will phone you today, you are not the only one, you are 3rd in the queue, well that was 2 hrs ago, they must be having long conversations, no way will anyone call today.

Homeserveuk's reply to Jayneharrison's Comment

Written on: 30/12/2013

Hi Jayne

I have just seen your comment on notwarminny's review.
I’m also sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced .
If you would like us to look into this further for you, please email us with your contact details.

Jayneharrison's reply to Homeserveuk's Comment

Written on: 31/12/2013

You will see from your records a number if complaints have been made direct to yourselves however nothing ever happens, all they say is I apologise but unfortunately... blah blah which does not keep me warm or clean - Day 12 of no heating/hot water
where is the emerency service?
all I have read is bad comments about homeserve
this is not the last they have heard from me, l will be claiming compensation... average 20 mins waiting on phone, additionalelectricity used for heaters I have had bought in ...

“Gas Boiler Breakdown Cover”

Written on: 13/12/2013 by Homeowner1 (1 review written)

I noticed a leak on my boiler on the 5-12-13 and called homeserve, after talking to the lady at the call centre, she told me that an engineer will call within 2 hours and organise a convenient time, but after 4 hours no call from any body... Then call homeserve again and managed to convince the person at the call centre to arrange an appointment for me... On the 6-12-13 the engineer came from( gas plus ) a contracting company for homeserve... ( when the engineer arrived; I showed him the boiler… Read Full Review

Homeserveuk's Response to Homeowner1's Review

Written on: 14/12/2013

Hi,

We're really sorry to hear about the issues you've described and I apologise for any upset and inconvenience this may have caused.
If you'd like to contact us with your contact details we will look into this for you.

Thanks

Homeserveuk's Response to Homeowner1's Review

Written on: 16/12/2013

Hi

I’m sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced with your claim. We’d like to look into this and try and help get your claim resolved for you. Please email us with your contact details and we'll look into this for you.

HomeServe

“Dreadful dreadful company - avoid at all costs !”

Written on: 29/10/2013

Service engineer arrived for annual service - discovered faults and switched boiler off telling me not to use it but that someone would ring me within an hour to let me know what happens next. Nobody rang - I chased them for 3 days before I finally received a call from someone who said I had to make a repair to the boiler to a part they believe to be excluded from the policy before they would consider a further repair which they thought may be included. I pay £300 a year for breakdown cover so… Read Full Review

Homeserveuk's Comment

Written on: 12/11/2013

Hi

I’m sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced with your claim. We’d like to look into this further for you and try and help resolve your concerns. Please email us with your contact details and we'll contact you.

“Fantastic”

Written on: 21/10/2013

I do not usually post feedback on these websites. After reading some negative reviews I thought I will share my experience. My toilet would not flush, called the customer service's team and they arranged for someone to come over from 11:00-18:00. Engineer called at 12:30 to find out the fault, he came over at 13:30 and replaced the part within 10 minutes. JOB DONE. Fantastic service. The engineer came in the house and wore his blue protective shoe bag, cleaned the floor after work was… Read Full Review

Jayneharrison's Comment

Written on: 31/12/2013

You are lucky, they must be toilet engineers, but they are poo when dealing with boilers

“Do not insure with Homeserve”

Written on: 03/10/2013 by heanton (1 review written)

I have had my boiler and heating system insured with Homeserve for some years and apart from the annual service of the boiler have never called them out. My wireless thermostat has now malfunctioned. Homeserve promised a call back with an appointment within two working days. No call. After I called them again they promised a call back that same day. No call back. Called them again and was told the contractor was now closed for the day. There was no offer to call them first thing in… Read Full Review

Homeserveuk's Response to heanton's Review

Written on: 04/10/2013

Hi

I’m sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing with your claim. We’d like to look into this and try and help get your claim resolved for you. Please email us at heretohelp@homeserve.com with your contact details and we'll contact you.

Hope to hear from you shortly.

All the best

“not as sick as me!!”

Written on: 22/06/2013 by carolord06 (1 review written)

i have paid boiler cover to homeserve for the last 10 years and service never been very good, i made a claim for breakdown on 01.06.13. engineer attended and ordered parts which he came back to fit. but discovered he needed another part which is was scheduled to be fitted on monday 24.06.13 which i had to take a days annual leave to be at home as they will not specify am or pm appointments. on friday 21.06.13 i received a voicemail to advise me the engineer wouldn't be attending as he is sick… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/06/2013

Hi,

I’ve read your review and I’m sorry to learn of the difficulties you’ve experienced with your boiler claim. I’d like to try and help you get this matter resolved. If you’d like some assistance with your claim please email the team your contact details. Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.

Written on: 26/06/2013

Hi,

I’m sorry that we haven’t heard from you yet. We’re keen to help you get your boiler repair completed. I understand from your post that the parts should have been available today. If you’d like us to review your claim and help arrange a suitable appointment time please contact us using the email address provided in our earlier post.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Written on: 25/06/2013

Hi

With regards to your claim if you'd like to get in touch with the team please email heretohelp@homeserve.com. Looking forward to receiving your email. Thank you.

HomeServe

“Will Never use them again”

Written on: 03/05/2013 by Captain28 (1 review written)

We have been insured with Homeserve for several years and today when I needed them for the first time they totaly failed to help my home or serve me! I was taking a shower when my Wife shouted up that there was water pouring into the kitchen, I stopped my shower and the water stopped so it is safe to assume that the plumbing had failed. My wife rang Homeserve and at the end of a long conversation she was told we were not covered, what is that all about... The shower springs a leak and we are… Read Full Review

“Do not use this company!!”

Written on: 10/04/2013

I have used Homeserve for 2 years for the CP12 landlord gas check and they are utterly appalling. Terrible customer service and communication is completely non existent. I have spent hours on the phone to try and coordinate the check to be done and then 3 weeks later still waiting for the certificate to be sent to me. I have since cancelled with Homeserve and I would advise anyone else to save themselves any stress and stay well clear of them. I am amazed they are still in business!… Read Full Review

“Impossible to stop renew phone calls”

Written on: 06/04/2013

I took out cover post a breakdown with our boiler. When the policy update arrived I did not respond as we did not wish to extend the cover. I received a call from Homeserve and I asked if it was to resell me cover, the agent refused to disclose his answer as I had disclose certain information on my policy. They have called again and I have hung up again on them as to cancel the policy they need to add personal information on the system. Their customer service with regard to non renewals is… Read Full Review

“Do not use”

Written on: 15/03/2013 by Seeee (2 reviews written)

Have a cover plan for boiler insurance. What a rip off! Constant breach of contract, urgent repairs are unknown to them, between Alpha customer service and Homeserve, I am screwed! Cant wait to get a new boiler, as this would be the only way I can get away from such bad customer service. … Read Full Review

“Appalling customer service”

Written on: 11/03/2013

My mother tried to upgrade her insurance to the top cover and was fobbed off by staff on the telephone. Obviously wanted to fleece her for more money than she needed to pay. Will have to sort them out myself!!!!… Read Full Review

“Homeserve ?: A Rip off!!”

Written on: 28/01/2013 by AminaS (1 review written)

Frigid temperature! Our heating system broke down.We called Homeserve who have been harrassing us to sell us their Contract coverages(heating,gas,electricity and water) by constant phone calls,.They inform us that they do not have emergency service and instead they give us an appointment 2 days later!!!!! Homeserve is a ripoff of a company ,no professional ethics ,and their claim of these coverages is a big LIE!!! They should be taken to court and sued for lying to their clients.Worst… Read Full Review

“DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!”

Written on: 30/11/2012 by Canga (1 review written)

In January 2011, my central heating broke down - a bad thing to happen in any January, but you may remember that last January was particularly cold, with bad snow and constant freezing temperatures. In addition, I have spinal arthritis, and cold exacerbates the pain it causes. I therefore needed my central heating system to be repaired urgently. Yes, I'm sure that everyone else whose systems had broken also wanted theirs repaired urgently, but I'm sure that few would disagree that households… Read Full Review

“Please please save yourself hassle and stress and avoid!!!”

Written on: 09/10/2012

Horrible and incompetent company to deal with. I must point out I am not the policy holder but the tenant who has had the misfortune to have to rely on home serve for emergency repair to central heating system. Nearly 3 weeks / 5 visits and many wasted holidays from work and still no progress. Just a few of the problems: - Sending an electrician to fix a leak - Impossible to get through to the home serve team - When actually do get through mostly clueless staff - Blatant lies about what has… Read Full Review

“They continue to steal money forever until you hire a...”

Written on: 20/04/2012

They steal money. After you pay one time there is no way to stop it. They claim they send a letter to you notifying new higher payment but they did not send anything to you. They just steal money from your bank account. After 3 months we have filed a claim with them now we are hiring a lawyer against them. We hope to stop them to continue to steal money from people. Please do not buy anything from them Best Regards… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 21/07/2012

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Throwing letter from them in the trash right now!