Youngs 4 Large Cod Fillets in Crunchy Breadcrumbs 500g Reviews

Youngs 4 Large Cod Fillets in Crunchy Breadcrumbs 500g

“Nothing like the box picture”

Written on: 28/11/2014 by buttonsandbeads (1 review written)

I picked up a box of Young's 4 breaded haddock fillets which says made with 100% fillet, looked great on the box like a real piece of white fillet fish. When we came to eat it the fish inside was grey and a bit mushy no resemblance to the box picture whatsoever, really disappointing because most of it was wasted as I usually buy real fish not rubbish.I later looked on the box and found in small print on the side FORMED HADDOCK, This should be on the front of the box for everyone to see so they… Read Full Review

Youngs 4 Large Cod Fillets in Crunchy Breadcrumbs 500g

“ Whilst rushing round the supermarket, I made the...”

Written on: 20/12/2010 by Mamma2 five (14 reviews written)

Whilst rushing round the supermarket, I made the mistake of picking up a packet of Young's 4 Large Cod Fillets in our crunchy breadcrumbs from freshly baked loaves. Sounds appetising enough but once I came to cook the fish, I was alarmed to notice that the fish content was a mere 60%.

Apparently this is a NEW product. It costs £3.99 per 500g carton but if the fish content is only 60% then there is a paltry 300g of cod in each pack.....just 75g of cod per fillet. This is indeed very poor… Read Full Review