Skaala - Finland Reviews

Skaala - Finland - Ask a question now

“One Word - Appaling”

Written on: 04/07/2013 by Sartyl (1 review written)

Put simply this is the worst company I have ever had the misfortune with which to deal. Over 6 months from placing the order we are still awaiting completion of the job. We had months of delays with the initial supply, with absolutely no communication from Skaala, or the Southern Representative, in fact I am still awaiting a response from the Northern Office!!! When the Windows were finally shipped and initially installed I arrived on site to find that three Windows were incorrect, with the… Read Full Review

“SKAALA windows. There is 1 very positive review of...”

Written on: 12/01/2011 by jashman (1 review written)

SKAALA windows. There is 1 very positive review of these on this site. My experience is completely the opposite. Not because of the quality of the windows because we still don't know that. Since signing the contract for them there has been a catalogue of errors compounded by extremely poor verging on incompetent handling and communication by the English office. This now means the windows are 8 weeks late and still they cannot get it right or even communicate the problems and delays. If timely… Read Full Review

Nogelwal's Response to jashman's Review

Written on: 23/09/2012

Absolutely agree. I am dealing with Skaala UK who are an absolute shambles; presalespromises & talk brilliant but actual performance abysmal. They do not know their product, there seems to be no communication between the UK & Finland, & their delivery & erection service has been very poor. We are still waiting for replacement windows, for windows that were incorrectly supplied, six months after the original delvery date & as a direct consequence my project is six months late. The Scottish management has a very unusual style of addressing problems - they ignore you. the contract I am talking about is for a big house with 60 windows & a contract value of £60K. They have cost the contract at least this amount in extra costs & interest payments. I wish I had never heard of them. September 2012.

Written on: 13/11/2012

I suggest you take them to court.... I did.

Written on: 15/11/2012

Jashman - Well done; I trust you had satisfaction. What office were you dealing with?

Written on: 19/11/2012

Both and had contact with Directors in Finland on various accasions for the same reasons you have discovered. Going to court produced a judgement against them in fact with the amount to be decided at which point we went to mediation and settled. We didn't cover all our losses but it was better than having done nothing but be angry!

Written on: 27/01/2013

Thanks for this info. Our problems still continue & a resolution seems miles away. I am reluctant to go to court, although I think it inevitable, as I do not want to throw good money after bad. I have umpteen questions about your experience; is there anway we could chat?

Written on: 28/01/2013

Sorry to here you are still having problems, do you have any of your windows yet???
Not sure about the protocols on this site and that this is publicly accessible so I don't want to give contact details out. Would be happy to help if I can offline. Perhaps contact the website and ask how we could be put in direct contact.

Written on: 05/02/2013

Note to reviewer. How do Jashman & I communicate privately? Thanks, Nogelwal

“I am the only person in the United Kingdom with a...”

Written on: 18/12/2010 by Daniel Howard (2 reviews written)

I am the only person in the United Kingdom with a quadruple glazing system on all windows of my detached house. I imported the Alfa GE Skandia windows from Skaala, which is a window system that won all awards in Finland and with tested noise reduction properties at about 40 dBA across the spectrum of noise frequencies. It also offers < 0.8 Watts/m3 C insulation against the cold which is to Siberian standards. They consist of two double glazing windows separated by a gap of say of 100 mm to 150 mm (your choice) and all already assembled into a type of box the size of your window. That sort of system was originally developed in Germany and called the Kastenfenster (box window), you see it sometimes in movies such as in the first scene of "The Reader". The outside is aluminium but the inside is wood. The arrangement adopted in Scandinavia is an evolution from the Berliner/Viena Kastenfenster rather than the Hamburg/Salzburg Kastenfenster in that both windows open fully inwards (in the latter the inner window opens in and the outer out alla Anglais).

I installed them just prior to last Christmas and it was fortunate because the winters have become very cold here in the UK. When you import these windows you… Read Full Review

Bmayguit's Response to Daniel Howard's Review

Written on: 15/08/2017

I should imagine you could buy a house in a quiet area with what you have paid for those windows,as to cold winters in this country,really,you must be living in north Scotland or even further.

Daniel Howard's reply to Bmayguit's Comment

Written on: 16/08/2017

I do not agree with you for a number of reasons: (1) the population density of England is now 2 people per acre, just divide the population of England by its area, there is no real way to get away from people: (2) British people are too free and you cannot limit them - all of them wish to pretend they are the Queen of England, so even with a semi-detached or a small garden they insist in having two dogs, making noises, working at all hours, some build covered deckings and live in the garden, laughing and drinking alcohol; (3) most people are uneducated and uncultured and proud of it so they will not stay quiet reading a book but become very vocal; (4) dog owners are the most selfish people in the world and although they pretend to show concern that their dog barking will upset the neighbours, they indeed do not care and use the dog barking as a statement they have more power to use the property by intimidating neighbours etc. There is no such thing as a "quiet area" unless you spend several million pounds on a property; (5) buying and selling a detached home costs much more than the windows in fees etc; (6) every property has a weakness or two and over the lifespan of living there every single one of the weaknesses will manifest to annoy you. Hence, the windows and Huet ISADEX CLIMAT found doors I have selected and moving the boiler to the attic to avoid gaps to the outside that could transmit noise is the only way to go for peace and quiet.