Diet Chef Reviews - www.dietchef.co.uk

Diet Chef - www.dietchef.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Diet Chef - www.dietchef.co.uk

“Processed Food Nightmare”

Written on: 20/07/2014 by KaylenTaylor13 (1 review written)

I thought that I would give diet chef a go but quickly found that I was constantly bloated...oh and no weight lose at all. I followed the plan after a month however after every diet chef meal, I found that I had bowel movements 1 every 2 DAYS! maybe!...which is painful and uncomfortable. This is basically processed food that when eaten over pre-longed periods of time surely cannot be healthy Before diet chef I exercised daily, drank plenty of water, eat lots of fruit and veg, and if I do say… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/07/2014

Hi Kaylen,

Thank you for your feedback, but we are of course sorry to see that you did not have a good experience with Diet Chef.

There is no reason why the food should make you bloated or ill, and this is not something we hear often from our customers. That said, everyone is different and we do appreciate that our food and diet plan won't necessarily suit everyone, which is why we have a 21 day money back guarantee.

This allows you to cancel your subscription within 21 days of receiving your first hamper, and get a full refund (minus the cost of sending the remaining food back to us - which will normally be £10-£20).

Unfortunately, as per our T&C's, if you wait for more than three weeks before you decide to cancel, you will no longer be eligible for the money back guarantee. In that situation, if you are no longer prepared to stick with the minimum contract period that you agreed to when you signed up, a cancellation fee will apply.

If there is anything we can do to help you at this stage, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Services Team.

Diet Chef - www.dietchef.co.uk

“Surprisingly good. Tasty and convenient.”

Written on: 02/07/2014 by caroloro (1 review written)

Well, I have to say, I am only ten days in, but so far am pleasantly surprised how tasty the food is. Some of it really is lovely, others so-so, but nothing disgusting. Really convenient and easy - I don't have the time or energy to plan my meals well as I work two jobs and have two children, so this is really fitting for my lifestyle. 5lbs down so far. Am using konjac products to bulk out my evening meals. I do think a month will be enough as I could see it getting samey. I used a groupon… Read Full Review

Written on: 03/07/2014

Glad to see you are enjoying the food and doing well on the diet! Congratulations on your 5 lbs loss to date - a fantastic start! Keep it up! :)

Diet Chef - www.dietchef.co.uk

“AWFUL customer service, APPALLING service in general.”

Written on: 17/06/2014 by emmatlove (1 review written)

More than one issue: -Price - £180 a month if you subscribe to the 3 month plan. Whilst this is not unreasonable, it is VERY misleading that on top of the £180 you then have to purchase dairy, fruit and veg. They do not make this clear until you have rec'd your diet guide (having already subscribed for 3 months!) or alternatively it is hidden away in ridiculous areas on the website. -Availability - having subscribed to the 3 month plan I let my order tick over as I liked everything I had… Read Full Review

Hi Emma,

Really sorry to hear about all the trouble you have had with your hamper delivery - I have had a chat with our Customer Services Manager, who confirmed that his team contacted you last week and that the issue has now been resolved to your satisfaction.

Apologies again for the inconvenience, but I'm pleased to see we were able to get this sorted for you.

If there is anything else we can do to help, don't hesitate to contact us.

Dccsm's Response to emmatlove's Review

Written on: 19/06/2014

Hi,

I am sorry to hear of your experience, I understand that you have been in constant communication with the Customer Service team, who are following up with your issues, and have agreed that on provision of further details relating to your delivery, we will be issued a replacement hamper.

If we can be of any further assistance, please click on LIVE HELP on our website, and we can help

Regards

Paul

Diet Chef Customer Service Manager

Dccsm's reply to Dccsm's Comment

Written on: 19/06/2014

Further to my previous Comment,

Emma, we have had direct contact, it is my understanding that I have resolved your issues to your satisfaction.

Please feel free to contact me if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Paul

Emmatlove's reply to Dccsm's Comment

Written on: 23/06/2014

Hello -

unable to edit/remove review, the website does not offer this option.

Diet chef have since resolved the issue to a satisfactory standard. I would just like to point out, all of the staff I spoke to at DC were very helpful and assisted to the best of their abilities. The matter has now been resolved and other than the above issues, I would give DC a 4 star review.

Diet Chef - www.dietchef.co.uk

“DietChef don't give a **** about Customer Service”

Written on: 01/05/2014 by Sophiatheessene (1 review written)

I don't know if people realise it, but Dietchef sends you one month's food all in one go, so at the end of the month you are already eating month-old food. Plus they won't send it to you when you want it, they choose the dates, and even if you ask plead demand or threaten they won't change those dates. So if, like me, you don't stick to the diet strictly and want to start next month's diet , say, two weeks after they date they've decided to send you the box, you end up with boxes and boxes of… Read Full Review

Hi,

We're sorry to hear you are not happy with your Diet Chef experience.

As stated on our website, marketing emails and in our T&C's, all Diet Chef meal plans are rolling subscriptions, to make your ongoing weight loss journey as smooth and hassle-free as possible. However, if you do not wish to continue the diet after your initial minimum contract period (which is 4, 8, or 12 weeks, depending on which plan you sign up for), you can cancel your subscription.

In the period between hampers, you have the option to update your food selections if you want to change your meals around (contact our team, or click into MY ACCOUNT) and you can also delay your next hamper if you want to pause the diet.

To delay a hamper (or cancel your subscription), simply contact us at least two days before the processing date of the next hamper, and we can action this for you.

Our food is prepared, heat sealed in a pouch or tray and cooked in a pressure cooker at high temperatures, which is why it has a long shelf life and can be stored in room temperature. The cooking process is completely safe and gives the food longevity without excessive use of preservatives.

Because of the cooking method, you should have no issues whatsoever with the food going off after a few weeks, or even a month.

We do hope this helps you (and others) for the future.

Diet Chef - www.dietchef.co.uk

“Great food, great service”

Written on: 29/04/2014 by Flashipants (1 review written)

I am really surprised by all the negative reviews I have read on here so thought I would leave my own comments. I gave Diet Chef a go having come across an Amazon deal. I only have about 8lbs to lose and so didn't want to do a faddy diet, I just needed something to keep me focussed and help me shed a few pounds. I would agree that some of the food is a bit 'samey' but everything is really tasty and edible (I was a bit worried that some of the dishes would go a bit chewy when they were… Read Full Review

“Not Wonderful”

Written on: 24/03/2014 by Halfcrown (1 review written)

Dieting through portion-control is a frustrating experience at the best of times. My hope was that Diet Chef would live up to the expectations of somehow reducing the faff and increasing the enjoyment. Not so. Ordering the food is not too bad, but it's a pain when it all arrives as 28-days worth of food takes up an awful lot of cupboard-space. The heating instructions are simple, but printed so small that I needed a magnifying glass to read them. The point of the meal planning is that each… Read Full Review

Hi there,

Thank you for your comments, although we are of course sorry you have not enjoyed your Diet Chef experience.

We do appreciate that not everyone will like the food, or all of the meals at least, which is why we offer a 21-day meal exchange policy, as well as a 21-day money back guarantee. If for any reason you are not happy with Diet Chef, you can invoke the latter policy within 21 days of receiving your first hamper and get a full refund, minus the cost of sending the remaining food back to us.

We're also sorry to see that some meals you wanted were unavailable. We do work hard to ensure we have enough stock at all times, but unfortunately, from time to time, demand does catch us by surprise.

If this ever happens, contact our customer service team and we are happy to arrange replacements to be sent once we have the stock back.

“Poor service”

Written on: 12/03/2014

Thought I would try the Diet Chef 5.2 diet as it was on offer through Mail on Sunday at half price for the first month. Before I ordered I got in touch with Diet Chef and asked if I wanted to cancel would there be any problem and was advised that so long as I cancelled no later than 2 days before my second order was due to process there would be no problem. First box delivered and although I enjoyed the chocolate granola, the onion bites at lunchtime were like eating cardboard, the pea and… Read Full Review

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback, and sorry for the issues you have had with your order.

All of our pay monthly hampers do repeat every 28 days, to make customers' continues weight loss journey as smooth and easy as possible. We do allow online cancellations for all customers (within 21 days of receiving your first hamper), by accessing MY ACCOUNT, or by contacting our team on LIVE HELP at any time.

Without having your account details to hand, it's not possible to provide any information on what exactly went wrong with your cancellation, however please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused to you.

If we can be of any assistance at this point, please just get in touch - you'll find contact details on our website.

Diet Chef - www.dietchef.co.uk

“I would not recommend diet chef especially to...”

Written on: 01/03/2014 by Whittaker170 (1 review written)

I would not recommend diet chef especially to vegatarians. A few of my choices were sold out after i selected them and after paying £195 for a month i expect there to be enough food to accomate choices. After ringing up and complaining about this and requesting within the next ten days before my delivery that the items could be back in stock obciously the anseer was no. I was met with very very poor and fairly rude customer service. I have had a number of friends interested in this but will… Read Full Review

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are sorry to see you've not enjoyed your Diet Chef experience. There are less options available for vegetarians and other people with special dietary requirement, but we are continually reviewing our menu in order to provide the best choice and selection of any delivered diet.

We can only apologise for the issues you have encountered with your selections on this occasion. We do work hard to ensure things do not go out of stock, however from time to time unexpectedly high demand outstrips supply.

If this does happen, our Customer Services Team is happy to arrange for the appropriate replacements to be sent to you, as soon as the food in question becomes available again.

If we can be of any assistance at this stage, please do get in touch - you'll find our contact details on our website.

“TERRIBLE DIET CHEF”

Written on: 28/02/2014 by Kareem1 (1 review written)

I undertand how tempting something like Diet Chef can be: lose weight, someone else does all the hard work. WELL IT"S ALL BULLCRAP!!!! I implore anyone out there to not let their desperation take the better of them and join DietChef. Now as a foodie, I can tell you the food is less than satisfactory. It's practically overrated microwave meals. I made the grave mistake of applying for the 12 week plan. Of course as any sane person (who isn't completely absolved in the hope that they will one day… Read Full Review

Hi Kareem,

However, we do appreciate that not everyone will like the food, or all of the meals at least, which is why we offer a 21-day meal exchange policy, as well as a 21-day money back guarantee.

We're pleased that we did manage to resolve this situation to your satisfaction in the end, but if there is anything else we can do to help, feel free to get in touch.

Diet Chef - www.dietchef.co.uk

“Diet Chef - Working for me!”

Written on: 23/02/2014 by jobingham1234 (1 review written)

As someone who is extremely obese/overweight/fat - whatever you want to label it, I have struggled to diet for as long as my brain and tummy can remember. I have got to the point that I feel like I need to have a prescriptive diet to follow, where I have little weighing to do, a bit of choice and not too much temptation from "buy me but me, look I'm 4 chocolate bars for a £1" at the supermarket! So this is working well. I actually like the flavour of the food, I have added loads of fruit and… Read Full Review

“boring, bland food”

Written on: 10/02/2014 by milkyway993 (1 review written)

I managed to last only a few days on this diet; the ready made meals taste awful plus one never feels full... All the meals tasted bland and are too small to satisfy majority of people. I wouldn't recommend this diet at all… Read Full Review

Hi there,

Thanks for the feedback and sorry to see you've not enjoyed your Diet Chef experience.

The vast majority of our customers tell us that they really enjoy the food and find the meals filling. Some people do feel hungry for a few days or the first week, as their bodies and stomachs adjust to the new regime, but for most, this goes away after a short initial period.

It would appear from your review that Diet Chef just isn't the right choice for you, but if there is anything we can do to help at this stage, don't hesitate to get in touch.

Diet Chef - www.dietchef.co.uk

“Over all good but hard to cancel”

Written on: 25/12/2013

The diet worked for me and the food was nice.I did the 8 week plan but a little to expensive to continue with. My only word of warning is , when I tried to cancel my order check and double check it is cancelled.Because even though I had spoken to 2 members of staff and cancelled my order on line they still sent another months order through. Which I have to pay £15 for them to take back. And because the payment is taken out of your account I now have to wait for it to be refunded… Read Full Review

“rip off merchants”

Written on: 02/12/2013

I thought wow what an easy way to diet , ordered the hamper and it came really quickly , i did the 8 week plan for £140 so i thought ....but was really for a month. I enjoyed the food , but after a week and half i started with bad flatulence, tummy ache , which leed to serious diarrhea , having 4 days off work , seeing the doctor he said stop with the diet . As that was the only food i was having it couldnt be anything else , i contacted Diet chef they was un-sympathetic, and demanded i paid… Read Full Review

Written on: 16/12/2013

We are very sorry to hear of your health issues, but please accept our assurances that there is nothing in the food that is likely to have been the cause of these, that would not be found in any other retail outlet.

From the comments provided, it would appear that you have received a significant discount in return for a minimum term contract. We would be more than happy to downgrade your hamper to the appropriate minimum term, and adjust your costs accordingly.

Please feel free to contact our Customer Services Team if you want to discuss this further – you can call them by phone, 8am-8pm Mon-Fri, and 10am-2pm Sat; chat with them online using the LiveChat function on our website; or email them.

Helper1112's Comment

Written on: 16/12/2013

i have spoken to you several times and at no time did you have any concern about my health .
All you was bothered about was money money money .
you will not be getting a single penny from me , and i will tell all my friends at what a rip off and un concerning company you are .
Please folks read this website with a fine tooth comb , lots of hidden extras and the payment keep rolling out your bank , protect yourself .

Written on: 17/12/2013

Sorry to hear you've had such a hard time with this...I've had a chat with out Customer Services Manager just now, and he has assured me he will look into the situation himself if you still want help with this. If so, please send an email to marketing@dietchef.co.uk - make sure you let us know in the email that it is in relation to this Review Centre complaint (maybe reference your Helper1112 user name, for example), and also include your full name and address details (incl. post code), so that we can pull out your Diet Chef account information and ensure we have the right customer details. All the best!

Michellewickenden's Comment

Written on: 06/02/2014

This has just happened to me to, thought I was signing up for 8 weeks at £90 a January deal. Nope! £90 for the 1st months and now tied in for 2 further months!!! I am very angry i feel totally tricked. I was so excited about starting this diet and now my mood towards it has completely changed.

Helper1112's Comment

Written on: 07/02/2014

oh sweety i did warn ya , you can put a stop on these types of payments with you bank .. as they are totally wrong . go see them straight away .. they wont send you meals without payment .. good luck x

Report this review Read 5 Comments Read Verified Business Response
Diet Chef - www.dietchef.co.uk

“On time but terrible condition”

Written on: 01/11/2013

the box was delivered on the right day as expected but although I complained about the condition of the box the delivery driver seemed totally unconcerned, he just wanted his delivery form signed and left. The box was wet and had obviously been thrown around in the van or depot as it was filthy dirty and cracked and torn. Seeing as I had ordered the diet food in this box I was worried that some or all of the cartons inside had been damaged. Luckily this was not the case in the main and only… Read Full Review

Written on: 16/12/2013

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. We do work with our courier team to provide an acceptable level of service, and any comments like this are fed back to them. If you have not already done so, please email your details to our Customer Service Team at info@dietchef.co.uk and we can liaise with the courier.

Diet Chef - www.dietchef.co.uk

“Food surprisingly nice, and a diet that works”

Written on: 07/08/2013

I ordered a months supply from Diet Chef through a Groupon special offer. I wasn't expecting much and had read the cautionary reviews, so checked everything carefully when delivered and made sure to get confirmation when I cancelled my subscription as I only wanted a months worth. However, so far I've been really pleasantly surprised. The food is pretty tasty and there is enough that I don't feel the need to supplement it with anything other than fruit and veg. I'm on week 3 and have lost 6… Read Full Review

Written on: 16/12/2013

Thank you for your feedback! :)

Diet Chef - www.dietchef.co.uk

“beware this is a subscription service they keep...”

Written on: 30/07/2013 by simofshef (1 review written)

I ordered the two week plan and was initially quite impressed two boxes arrived a couple of days later and all seemed well. However by the end of the two months I had had enough, the food had become boring and it had started to all taste pretty much the same and not really in a good way. I had lost a small amount of weight so couldn’t complain - until that is another month’s supply turned up totally unannounced and my bank account had been debited a further £220.00! I had ordered a two… Read Full Review

Written on: 16/12/2013

Thank you for your feedback. It sounds like you have spoken to our out of hours team, who do not have full access to your account details, so please accept our apologies for the agent not being able to fully deal with your query.

Our regular Customer Services Team is available 8am till 8pm Mon-Fri, and 10am till 2pm on Saturdays. You can also email the team on info@dietchef.co.uk out of hours, and someone will get back to you.

All of our plans are on a continuous subscription until cancelled. This system has been set up due to popular demand, to make it easier for the majority of our customers, who choose to stay on the diet after their initial order to maintain a consistent weight loss. We do make this clear in our marketing information, and changes have been made with regard to this on our website since your purchase in July.

Diet Chef - www.dietchef.co.uk

“Money paid, no sign of any food!”

Written on: 25/07/2013 by ManchesterKathy (2 reviews written)

Well I can't tell you whether the diet works because I placed my order (and paid of course) 11 days ago and there is still no sign of a delivery. I contacted customer services via email and have received absolutely no response. Very very poor effort dietchef!… Read Full Review

Written on: 16/12/2013

Thank for feedback and please accept our sincere apologies – this obviously wasn't the ideal start to your Diet Chef experience! We are sorry to hear you had issues with your delivery; normally our hampers are delivered within five working days, and often as soon as a day or two after purchase.

We appreciate that several months have passed since you posted this review, but if you are still a Diet Chef customer (or the issue is unresolved), please contact our Customer Service Team and we promise to look into this for you. You can call them, chat with them online using the LiveChat function on our website; or email them.

Diet Chef - www.dietchef.co.uk

“Processed baby food taste”

Written on: 01/05/2013

Porridge is porridge as is the granola and muesli. The snack bars are too sweet. Few of the soups are ok. Main meals are tasteless and processed - all the meals tasted the same with a bit of spice added. Very disappointed… Read Full Review

Written on: 16/12/2013

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your Diet Chef experience. Our product development team and executive chef do try to bring meals to the menu, which are of good quality and varied in taste, whilst also maintaining the correct profile of calories / portion control.

It sounds like we have not met your expectations on this occasion – and we realise that not everyone will like our food. That is why we offer our 21 day exchange policy, which our Customer Service Team is more than happy to discuss with any customers who feel Diet Chef is not for them, or who want to exchange certain meals for something else.

Diet Chef - www.dietchef.co.uk

“Diet Chef Devious and underhand processed food suppliers”

Written on: 23/04/2013 by uuu617 (1 review written)

I ordered two months supply of Diet Chef food as we were going on holiday and we wanted to loose a little weight. I paid an excessive amount as I had only ordered 2 months as it was cheaper to buy more. The first month arrived and we received an e mail notifying us that the second month was about to be shipped and allowed us to change some of our choices. Some of the dishes were OK but others tasted very processed so we did try some other dishes. Whilst on holiday we received an e mail saying… Read Full Review

Written on: 16/12/2013

All of our plans are on a continuous subscription until cancelled. This system has been set up due to popular demand, to make it easier for the majority of our customers, who choose to stay on the diet after their initial order, to maintain a consistent weight loss. We do make this clear in our marketing information, and changes have been made with regard to this on our website since your purchase in April.

Uuu617's reply to Dietchef's Comment

Written on: 16/12/2013

It's taken 8 months to reply to this review. Says everything about your commitment to customer service. I think your continuous subscription is possibly illegal and has no connection at all with "popular" demand, unless of course it was your convenient popular decision.

Written on: 17/12/2013

Hello again! I can assure you that our rolling subscriptions are completely above board and from the feedback we get, the majority of our customers value it as an easy option to keep their weight loss journey going. As we have no connection to ReviewCentre.com, we weren't aware of this site until very recently and only just discovered the reviews on here. Our official customer review site is Trust Pilot. All Trust Pilot reviews are automatically posted onto our website, and we monitor it closely, but unfortunately it's difficult for our team to keep track of every independent review website out there. If anyone has a complaint, or wants a response from us in relation to an issue, there are lots of ways to feed back to us directly - including our social media pages, which we monitor ourselves, or by contacting our customer services team. You can call them, or chat with them online, using the Live Chat function on our website. Again, very sorry that you had a bad experience with Diet Chef, but we do take the feedback we get from customers seriously and are constantly looking at ways to improve our service. Take care!

Report this review Read 3 Comments Read Verified Business Response

“Dodgy contractual terms”

Written on: 10/04/2013 by Beejinni (1 review written)

First, the quality of the food is edible but the company is either not prepared for the demand it may be receiving or is badlly managed. Please please be careful and read the contractual terms carefully because even if you purchase a one moth minimum contract , the contract will automatically be rolled over without asking you. This Company appears to have no interest in its clients as I did not receive any follow up calls to ask how the "diet " was going. Please avoid totally unscrupulous… Read Full Review

Written on: 16/12/2013

We are sorry to hear that you have had issues with your order, in terms of the availability of some meals. We do work very closely with our supply team to ensure we hold adequate stocks and are able to fulfil orders on a timely basis. Unfortunately, it is inevitable that from time to time, certain popular meals run out when demand is unusually high or our suppliers are unable to meet our requirements. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

All of our meal plans are on an automatic, continuous subscription until cancelled. This system has been set up due to popular demand, to make it easier for the majority of our customers, who choose to stay on the diet after their initial order period. We do make this clear in our marketing information, and changes have been made with regard to this on our website since your purchase in April.

In addition to our customer services help line, we provide customers with a number of means to get assistance online – via email, through our social media pages and using the LiveChat facility on our website. We feel that offering our dieters a range of easy and convenient ways to contact us, as and when they need to, is more productive and flexible than enforced telephone contact. We do however also have an email maintenance programme in place for existing and lapsed customers, to make sure they have all the information they need and are prompted to contact us if they need assistance with anything.