Diet Chef Reviews - www.dietchef.co.uk

Diet Chef - www.dietchef.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Diet Chef - www.dietchef.co.uk

“Diet Chef Buyer BEWARE”

Written on: 29/08/2014 by Taniyaa14 (1 review written)

Watch out very confusing pricing plan, I signed up all in good faith thinking I had a good deal getting 12 week plan half price I read the terms and conditions still thought it was a good deal I seem to have missed the bit where it says the half price is for the first month only. So I went onto the live chat. I explained how I felt I had been duped and mislead and of course they snottily site terms and conditions. So beware read the T&C’s over and over again because if you cancel there is… Read Full Review

“Really awful food”

Written on: 17/08/2014 by McWilliams202 (1 review written)

I found the Diet Chef food to be completely unpalatable, and there were a number of service issues. While these were resolved, they shouldn't have happened in the first place, and I did not receive an apology. I've only been on the diet for three days and I've felt ill the entire time. The food even smells like it's off. Sorry, but I can't really think of anything good to say about Diet Chef… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/08/2014

Hi there,

Very sorry to see that you have not enjoyed your Diet Chef experience. It's good to know that we were able to help you resolve the issues with your order, but we are of course very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

As you can see from our independent customer reviews on Trustpilot, the vast majority of our customers really enjoy the food, and our Product Development Team works hard to provide a wide range of meals and snacks to suit all tastes. That said, we do appreciate that Diet Chef might not be everyone's cup of tea.

This is why we have a 21 day money back guarantee, which means that if you cancel within three weeks of receiving your first hamper, you will get a full refund, minus the cost of sending the remaining food back to us (usually around £15 by courier).

There is absolutely no reason why the food would make you ill, so it might be worth checking with your GP if you are still feeling unwell, just to make sure there is nothing else going on.

Apologies again for any issues you've had with the order / deliver process, and if there is anything we can do to help at this stage, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

Diet Chef Team

Diet Chef - www.dietchef.co.uk

“Watch out when things go wrong”

Written on: 13/08/2014 by 152Sheridan (1 review written)

While the food is ok, be careful when things go wrong. For some reason we don't get a time slot for delivery, so we have to wait in all day, up to 8pm. Our last package was not put on the van for some reason, so we waited in all day for nothing. No compensation offered at all, despite asking. Second delivery attempt was not successful either, despite waiting again. Because we are angry at that, we would like to cancel. There is a £50 cancellation fee with 12 week contracts (this is our second… Read Full Review

Written on: 15/08/2014

Hi,

Very sorry to hear that you have had problems with your delivery. If you email your contact details and a brief outline of your issue to us, we will follow up with the Customer Services Team and look into what has gone wrong.

“Not that healhy”

Written on: 30/07/2014 by Juliet406 (1 review written)

I've been eating the Diet Chef food for a week now. My main concern is the amount of sugar in the breakfast foods - one of their breakfast options has 30g of sugar in it. They are also not very filling (as a great deal of the calories come from sugar) - a protein based breakfast, such as a poached egg on wholemeal toast, is a much better way to start the day - and is less calories than their packaged cereals. So for my next hamper, I'll just order the plain porridge (which is ok) and eat them… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/07/2014

Hi Juliet,

Thank you for your feedback, although we're sorry to see that you are not particularly enjoying the Diet Chef experience.

Our product Development Team works hard to provide a range of meals on the menus, so suit all tastes, but of course there are restrictions to the type of food that can be supplied via a meal delivery service like ours.

The vast majority of the feedback we get on the food is very positive, as you can see from our independent customer reviews on Trustpilot, but we do of course appreciate that our meal plan is not necessarily going to be everyone's cup of tea. That is why we offer the 21 day money back guarantee.

If you do decide you do not want to continue the diet, makes sure you contact our Customer Services Team within 21 days of receiving your first hamper. That way, your subscription will be cancelled and you'll be eligible for a full refund on the monthly subscription cost that you have paid. The only cost you will need to cover is the £10-£20 courier charge to send the remaining food back to us.

If you have any questions of we can help you with anything, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Services Team. You can use the LiveHelp link in the top right-hand corner of our website to chat with them online, or alternatively, you will find more contact details on the Contact us page (link in website footer).

“Processed Food Nightmare”

Written on: 20/07/2014 by KaylenTaylor13 (1 review written)

I thought that I would give diet chef a go but quickly found that I was constantly bloated...oh and no weight lose at all. I followed the plan after a month however after every diet chef meal, I found that I had bowel movements 1 every 2 DAYS! maybe!...which is painful and uncomfortable. This is basically processed food that when eaten over pre-longed periods of time surely cannot be healthy Before diet chef I exercised daily, drank plenty of water, eat lots of fruit and veg, and if I do say… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/07/2014

Hi Kaylen,

Thank you for your feedback, but we are of course sorry to see that you did not have a good experience with Diet Chef.

There is no reason why the food should make you bloated or ill, and this is not something we hear often from our customers. That said, everyone is different and we do appreciate that our food and diet plan won't necessarily suit everyone, which is why we have a 21 day money back guarantee.

This allows you to cancel your subscription within 21 days of receiving your first hamper, and get a full refund (minus the cost of sending the remaining food back to us - which will normally be £10-£20).

Unfortunately, as per our T&C's, if you wait for more than three weeks before you decide to cancel, you will no longer be eligible for the money back guarantee. In that situation, if you are no longer prepared to stick with the minimum contract period that you agreed to when you signed up, a cancellation fee will apply.

If there is anything we can do to help you at this stage, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Services Team.

Diet Chef - www.dietchef.co.uk

“Surprisingly good. Tasty and convenient.”

Written on: 02/07/2014 by caroloro (1 review written)

Well, I have to say, I am only ten days in, but so far am pleasantly surprised how tasty the food is. Some of it really is lovely, others so-so, but nothing disgusting. Really convenient and easy - I don't have the time or energy to plan my meals well as I work two jobs and have two children, so this is really fitting for my lifestyle. 5lbs down so far. Am using konjac products to bulk out my evening meals. I do think a month will be enough as I could see it getting samey. I used a groupon… Read Full Review

Written on: 03/07/2014

Glad to see you are enjoying the food and doing well on the diet! Congratulations on your 5 lbs loss to date - a fantastic start! Keep it up! :)

Diet Chef - www.dietchef.co.uk

“AWFUL customer service, APPALLING service in general.”

Written on: 17/06/2014 by emmatlove (1 review written)

More than one issue: -Price - £180 a month if you subscribe to the 3 month plan. Whilst this is not unreasonable, it is VERY misleading that on top of the £180 you then have to purchase dairy, fruit and veg. They do not make this clear until you have rec'd your diet guide (having already subscribed for 3 months!) or alternatively it is hidden away in ridiculous areas on the website. -Availability - having subscribed to the 3 month plan I let my order tick over as I liked everything I had… Read Full Review

Hi Emma,

Really sorry to hear about all the trouble you have had with your hamper delivery - I have had a chat with our Customer Services Manager, who confirmed that his team contacted you last week and that the issue has now been resolved to your satisfaction.

Apologies again for the inconvenience, but I'm pleased to see we were able to get this sorted for you.

If there is anything else we can do to help, don't hesitate to contact us.

Dccsm's Response to emmatlove's Review

Written on: 19/06/2014

Hi,

I am sorry to hear of your experience, I understand that you have been in constant communication with the Customer Service team, who are following up with your issues, and have agreed that on provision of further details relating to your delivery, we will be issued a replacement hamper.

If we can be of any further assistance, please click on LIVE HELP on our website, and we can help

Regards

Paul

Diet Chef Customer Service Manager

Dccsm's reply to Dccsm's Comment

Written on: 19/06/2014

Further to my previous Comment,

Emma, we have had direct contact, it is my understanding that I have resolved your issues to your satisfaction.

Please feel free to contact me if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Paul

Emmatlove's reply to Dccsm's Comment

Written on: 23/06/2014

Hello -

unable to edit/remove review, the website does not offer this option.

Diet chef have since resolved the issue to a satisfactory standard. I would just like to point out, all of the staff I spoke to at DC were very helpful and assisted to the best of their abilities. The matter has now been resolved and other than the above issues, I would give DC a 4 star review.

Diet Chef - www.dietchef.co.uk

“DietChef don't give a **** about Customer Service”

Written on: 01/05/2014 by Sophiatheessene (1 review written)

I don't know if people realise it, but Dietchef sends you one month's food all in one go, so at the end of the month you are already eating month-old food. Plus they won't send it to you when you want it, they choose the dates, and even if you ask plead demand or threaten they won't change those dates. So if, like me, you don't stick to the diet strictly and want to start next month's diet , say, two weeks after they date they've decided to send you the box, you end up with boxes and boxes of… Read Full Review

Hi,

We're sorry to hear you are not happy with your Diet Chef experience.

As stated on our website, marketing emails and in our T&C's, all Diet Chef meal plans are rolling subscriptions, to make your ongoing weight loss journey as smooth and hassle-free as possible. However, if you do not wish to continue the diet after your initial minimum contract period (which is 4, 8, or 12 weeks, depending on which plan you sign up for), you can cancel your subscription.

In the period between hampers, you have the option to update your food selections if you want to change your meals around (contact our team, or click into MY ACCOUNT) and you can also delay your next hamper if you want to pause the diet.

To delay a hamper (or cancel your subscription), simply contact us at least two days before the processing date of the next hamper, and we can action this for you.

Our food is prepared, heat sealed in a pouch or tray and cooked in a pressure cooker at high temperatures, which is why it has a long shelf life and can be stored in room temperature. The cooking process is completely safe and gives the food longevity without excessive use of preservatives.

Because of the cooking method, you should have no issues whatsoever with the food going off after a few weeks, or even a month.

We do hope this helps you (and others) for the future.

Diet Chef - www.dietchef.co.uk

“Great food, great service”

Written on: 29/04/2014 by Flashipants (1 review written)

I am really surprised by all the negative reviews I have read on here so thought I would leave my own comments. I gave Diet Chef a go having come across an Amazon deal. I only have about 8lbs to lose and so didn't want to do a faddy diet, I just needed something to keep me focussed and help me shed a few pounds. I would agree that some of the food is a bit 'samey' but everything is really tasty and edible (I was a bit worried that some of the dishes would go a bit chewy when they were… Read Full Review

“Not Wonderful”

Written on: 24/03/2014 by Halfcrown (1 review written)

Dieting through portion-control is a frustrating experience at the best of times. My hope was that Diet Chef would live up to the expectations of somehow reducing the faff and increasing the enjoyment. Not so. Ordering the food is not too bad, but it's a pain when it all arrives as 28-days worth of food takes up an awful lot of cupboard-space. The heating instructions are simple, but printed so small that I needed a magnifying glass to read them. The point of the meal planning is that each… Read Full Review

Hi there,

Thank you for your comments, although we are of course sorry you have not enjoyed your Diet Chef experience.

We do appreciate that not everyone will like the food, or all of the meals at least, which is why we offer a 21-day meal exchange policy, as well as a 21-day money back guarantee. If for any reason you are not happy with Diet Chef, you can invoke the latter policy within 21 days of receiving your first hamper and get a full refund, minus the cost of sending the remaining food back to us.

We're also sorry to see that some meals you wanted were unavailable. We do work hard to ensure we have enough stock at all times, but unfortunately, from time to time, demand does catch us by surprise.

If this ever happens, contact our customer service team and we are happy to arrange replacements to be sent once we have the stock back.

“Poor service”

Written on: 12/03/2014

Thought I would try the Diet Chef 5.2 diet as it was on offer through Mail on Sunday at half price for the first month. Before I ordered I got in touch with Diet Chef and asked if I wanted to cancel would there be any problem and was advised that so long as I cancelled no later than 2 days before my second order was due to process there would be no problem. First box delivered and although I enjoyed the chocolate granola, the onion bites at lunchtime were like eating cardboard, the pea and… Read Full Review

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback, and sorry for the issues you have had with your order.

All of our pay monthly hampers do repeat every 28 days, to make customers' continues weight loss journey as smooth and easy as possible. We do allow online cancellations for all customers (within 21 days of receiving your first hamper), by accessing MY ACCOUNT, or by contacting our team on LIVE HELP at any time.

Without having your account details to hand, it's not possible to provide any information on what exactly went wrong with your cancellation, however please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused to you.

If we can be of any assistance at this point, please just get in touch - you'll find contact details on our website.

Diet Chef - www.dietchef.co.uk

“I would not recommend diet chef especially to...”

Written on: 01/03/2014 by Whittaker170 (1 review written)

I would not recommend diet chef especially to vegatarians. A few of my choices were sold out after i selected them and after paying £195 for a month i expect there to be enough food to accomate choices. After ringing up and complaining about this and requesting within the next ten days before my delivery that the items could be back in stock obciously the anseer was no. I was met with very very poor and fairly rude customer service. I have had a number of friends interested in this but will… Read Full Review

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are sorry to see you've not enjoyed your Diet Chef experience. There are less options available for vegetarians and other people with special dietary requirement, but we are continually reviewing our menu in order to provide the best choice and selection of any delivered diet.

We can only apologise for the issues you have encountered with your selections on this occasion. We do work hard to ensure things do not go out of stock, however from time to time unexpectedly high demand outstrips supply.

If this does happen, our Customer Services Team is happy to arrange for the appropriate replacements to be sent to you, as soon as the food in question becomes available again.

If we can be of any assistance at this stage, please do get in touch - you'll find our contact details on our website.

“TERRIBLE DIET CHEF”

Written on: 28/02/2014 by Kareem1 (1 review written)

I undertand how tempting something like Diet Chef can be: lose weight, someone else does all the hard work. WELL IT"S ALL BULLCRAP!!!! I implore anyone out there to not let their desperation take the better of them and join DietChef. Now as a foodie, I can tell you the food is less than satisfactory. It's practically overrated microwave meals. I made the grave mistake of applying for the 12 week plan. Of course as any sane person (who isn't completely absolved in the hope that they will one day… Read Full Review

Hi Kareem,

However, we do appreciate that not everyone will like the food, or all of the meals at least, which is why we offer a 21-day meal exchange policy, as well as a 21-day money back guarantee.

We're pleased that we did manage to resolve this situation to your satisfaction in the end, but if there is anything else we can do to help, feel free to get in touch.

Diet Chef - www.dietchef.co.uk

“Diet Chef - Working for me!”

Written on: 23/02/2014 by jobingham1234 (1 review written)

As someone who is extremely obese/overweight/fat - whatever you want to label it, I have struggled to diet for as long as my brain and tummy can remember. I have got to the point that I feel like I need to have a prescriptive diet to follow, where I have little weighing to do, a bit of choice and not too much temptation from "buy me but me, look I'm 4 chocolate bars for a £1" at the supermarket! So this is working well. I actually like the flavour of the food, I have added loads of fruit and… Read Full Review

“boring, bland food”

Written on: 10/02/2014 by milkyway993 (1 review written)

I managed to last only a few days on this diet; the ready made meals taste awful plus one never feels full... All the meals tasted bland and are too small to satisfy majority of people. I wouldn't recommend this diet at all… Read Full Review

Hi there,

Thanks for the feedback and sorry to see you've not enjoyed your Diet Chef experience.

The vast majority of our customers tell us that they really enjoy the food and find the meals filling. Some people do feel hungry for a few days or the first week, as their bodies and stomachs adjust to the new regime, but for most, this goes away after a short initial period.

It would appear from your review that Diet Chef just isn't the right choice for you, but if there is anything we can do to help at this stage, don't hesitate to get in touch.

Diet Chef - www.dietchef.co.uk

“Over all good but hard to cancel”

Written on: 25/12/2013

The diet worked for me and the food was nice.I did the 8 week plan but a little to expensive to continue with. My only word of warning is , when I tried to cancel my order check and double check it is cancelled.Because even though I had spoken to 2 members of staff and cancelled my order on line they still sent another months order through. Which I have to pay £15 for them to take back. And because the payment is taken out of your account I now have to wait for it to be refunded… Read Full Review

“rip off merchants”

Written on: 02/12/2013

I thought wow what an easy way to diet , ordered the hamper and it came really quickly , i did the 8 week plan for £140 so i thought ....but was really for a month. I enjoyed the food , but after a week and half i started with bad flatulence, tummy ache , which leed to serious diarrhea , having 4 days off work , seeing the doctor he said stop with the diet . As that was the only food i was having it couldnt be anything else , i contacted Diet chef they was un-sympathetic, and demanded i paid… Read Full Review

Written on: 16/12/2013

We are very sorry to hear of your health issues, but please accept our assurances that there is nothing in the food that is likely to have been the cause of these, that would not be found in any other retail outlet.

From the comments provided, it would appear that you have received a significant discount in return for a minimum term contract. We would be more than happy to downgrade your hamper to the appropriate minimum term, and adjust your costs accordingly.

Please feel free to contact our Customer Services Team if you want to discuss this further – you can call them by phone, 8am-8pm Mon-Fri, and 10am-2pm Sat; chat with them online using the LiveChat function on our website; or email them.

Helper1112's Comment

Written on: 16/12/2013

i have spoken to you several times and at no time did you have any concern about my health .
All you was bothered about was money money money .
you will not be getting a single penny from me , and i will tell all my friends at what a rip off and un concerning company you are .
Please folks read this website with a fine tooth comb , lots of hidden extras and the payment keep rolling out your bank , protect yourself .

Written on: 17/12/2013

Sorry to hear you've had such a hard time with this...I've had a chat with out Customer Services Manager just now, and he has assured me he will look into the situation himself if you still want help with this. If so, please send an email to marketing@dietchef.co.uk - make sure you let us know in the email that it is in relation to this Review Centre complaint (maybe reference your Helper1112 user name, for example), and also include your full name and address details (incl. post code), so that we can pull out your Diet Chef account information and ensure we have the right customer details. All the best!

Michellewickenden's Comment

Written on: 06/02/2014

This has just happened to me to, thought I was signing up for 8 weeks at £90 a January deal. Nope! £90 for the 1st months and now tied in for 2 further months!!! I am very angry i feel totally tricked. I was so excited about starting this diet and now my mood towards it has completely changed.

Helper1112's Comment

Written on: 07/02/2014

oh sweety i did warn ya , you can put a stop on these types of payments with you bank .. as they are totally wrong . go see them straight away .. they wont send you meals without payment .. good luck x

Report this review Read 5 Comments Read Verified Business Response
Diet Chef - www.dietchef.co.uk

“On time but terrible condition”

Written on: 01/11/2013

the box was delivered on the right day as expected but although I complained about the condition of the box the delivery driver seemed totally unconcerned, he just wanted his delivery form signed and left. The box was wet and had obviously been thrown around in the van or depot as it was filthy dirty and cracked and torn. Seeing as I had ordered the diet food in this box I was worried that some or all of the cartons inside had been damaged. Luckily this was not the case in the main and only… Read Full Review

Written on: 16/12/2013

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. We do work with our courier team to provide an acceptable level of service, and any comments like this are fed back to them. If you have not already done so, please email your details to our Customer Service Team at info@dietchef.co.uk and we can liaise with the courier.

All the best, Diet Chef

Diet Chef - www.dietchef.co.uk

“Food surprisingly nice, and a diet that works”

Written on: 07/08/2013

I ordered a months supply from Diet Chef through a Groupon special offer. I wasn't expecting much and had read the cautionary reviews, so checked everything carefully when delivered and made sure to get confirmation when I cancelled my subscription as I only wanted a months worth. However, so far I've been really pleasantly surprised. The food is pretty tasty and there is enough that I don't feel the need to supplement it with anything other than fruit and veg. I'm on week 3 and have lost 6… Read Full Review

Written on: 16/12/2013

Thank you for your feedback! :)

Diet Chef - www.dietchef.co.uk

“beware this is a subscription service they keep...”

Written on: 30/07/2013 by simofshef (1 review written)

I ordered the two week plan and was initially quite impressed two boxes arrived a couple of days later and all seemed well. However by the end of the two months I had had enough, the food had become boring and it had started to all taste pretty much the same and not really in a good way. I had lost a small amount of weight so couldn’t complain - until that is another month’s supply turned up totally unannounced and my bank account had been debited a further £220.00! I had ordered a two… Read Full Review

Written on: 16/12/2013

Thank you for your feedback. It sounds like you have spoken to our out of hours team, who do not have full access to your account details, so please accept our apologies for the agent not being able to fully deal with your query.

Our regular Customer Services Team is available 8am till 8pm Mon-Fri, and 10am till 2pm on Saturdays. You can also email the team on info@dietchef.co.uk out of hours, and someone will get back to you.

All of our plans are on a continuous subscription until cancelled. This system has been set up due to popular demand, to make it easier for the majority of our customers, who choose to stay on the diet after their initial order to maintain a consistent weight loss. We do make this clear in our marketing information, and changes have been made with regard to this on our website since your purchase in July.