Lion of Asia, Northallerton Reviews

• Quality of food

Lion of Asia, Northallerton - Ask a question now

“Locals choice”

Written on: 14/06/2011

Being a Northallerton native I can say this is the only place most locals go to for their Indian. Due to being located in a awkward place most outsiders wouldn't even know it was there but it has been running for over 20 years at least (as far as I can remember) and the food standard has never dropped in my experience… Read Full Review

“I came here on the basis of the reviews gained - this...”

Written on: 09/05/2011 by Malh (1 review written)

I came here on the basis of the reviews gained - this is an old school traditional Indian which provides excellent food and service. I have been going now for about 3 months and have enjoyed tasting dishes which I haven't tried anywhere before… Read Full Review

“I am a local native in the area of Northallerton and...”

Written on: 16/12/2010 by gondojo (1 review written)

I am a local native in the area of Northallerton and have been eating here for over 5 years. Consistently producing the best Indian food that I have had. The Lamb Tikka quality cannot be beaten as everywhere else I have ordered it, and I have eaten all over the country, the meat is always tough… Read Full Review

“The Lion of Asia in Northallerton is where I have had...”

Written on: 06/12/2010 by steson47 (1 review written)

The Lion of Asia in Northallerton is where I have had my best Indian meal from. I have been to many Indian restaurants in North Yorkshire and surrounding areas, from Stokesley all the way to Leeds where I am origianlly from. I was told by the owner that food here is a fusion of Pakistani and Indian influences which is why the flavoursome taste isn't in many other Indian restaurants.

This place is very hard to find if you aren't a local but if you do find it the food is very special. Only… Read Full Review