Philips 241E Reviews

• Quality

Philips 241E - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Philips 241E

Philips 241E

“I had a good experience with Philips CRT monitors so I...”

Written on: 05/12/2010 by photoman (62 reviews written)

I had a good experience with Philips CRT monitors so I decided to upgrade my PC monitor from 22" Chimei to 24" Philips.

It is always a good feeling to bring a new device home and unpack it. But after plugging it was a real disapointment: serious colour distortions that couldn't be fixed using any of available adjustments. The picture was sharp but pink instead of gray. This device was replaced on the same day to a new one.
This time the monitor was a little bit better, colors were fine… Read Full Review

Photoman's Response to photoman's Review

Written on: 31/12/2010

I have another update regarding my Philips LCD monitor.
<br/>I've got a surprise today before the New Year - couple rows of dead pixels.
<br/>
<br/>Important to say, that this monitor works in very good conditions, like other monitors that I have and is the first one that I encountered such problems.
<br/>
<br/>Now my disappointment from Philips monitors is much bigger than before.
<br/>
<br/>I really don't understand how came that such respectable company releases defective devices. My current monitor replaced by warranty, seems soon I'll had third Philips LCD monitor.

Photoman's Response to photoman's Review

Written on: 05/04/2011

Finally I decided to replace the second faulty Philips 241E. Today I've got a new one after week and half of waiting for repair.
<br/>
<br/>This one has inside of a screen layers that seem not to be glued very well well. It looks like plastic film with bubbles of air inside. Defect is clearly seen on a black background.
<br/>
<br/>Third monitor replaced by warranty and it is also defective.
<br/>
<br/>I lost my patience for this monitor, so I bought another one - LG W2220P (IPS matrix). It is smaller than my Philips, but colors are so perfect, sharpness is fantastic. I have now these two monitors standing side by side and the difference is like day and night. LG is smaller and more expensive, so it supposed to give a better picture (also that Philips model has TN screen), so I accept it as a normal thing. But I can't accept the fact, that all Philips monitors of this model I got are defective. If I'll try again to replace it by warranty - I afraid I'll get another defective screen.
<br/>
<br/>Probably I'll stay for a while with what I've got, but I'm very disappointed by Philips. Even it raises thoughts: are they able to manufacture a normal LCD? They lost me as customer.