Baikal MP654K Reviews

Media Gallery for Baikal MP654K

Baikal MP654K
Baikal MP654K

“Worth the buy!”

Written on: 29/08/2014 by JohnAustin17 (1 review written)

Very good quality pistol, mines a little bit rusty now but I have had it for years after I was given it in my fathers will. Given that the real gun was just adjusted to shoot BB bullets it is pretty much perfect as a replica. It shoots about 350 fps and is a pretty decent weight, isn't too hard to shoot and c,ock for beginners.The accuracy isn't great but it's definitely worth the buy as in some parts of the world it's very hard to get… Read Full Review

“Baikal MP654K or Makarov MP654K”

Written on: 20/07/2014 by agarwood (6 reviews written)

The review centre has divided same gun into two different categories. They are Baikal MP654K or Makarov MP654K. It is really just two names for one pistol. The producer has made lot version for the pistol. They are limited edition version , Hw(for Germany) version , UK version and normal export version. As far as I learned that limited edition version and Hw(for Germany) version are slightly better build. over all good points. 1, real firearm steel made. 2, good pistol with low price… Read Full Review

“I own a Weihrauch HW45 and a Beretta 92FS but fancied...”

Written on: 20/11/2010

I own a Weihrauch HW45 and a Beretta 92FS but fancied a smaller pistol that is well made, quick and easy to load and lots of fun to shoot. After some research I stumbled across the Baikal Makarov and was impressed with the reviews so thought I would give it a try.

The pistol is packaged in oiled paper with some spare seals, tools and copper balls. When I first picked up the gun, I was immediately pleased with the general feel and build quality (this is something that is I find very important… Read Full Review

“I buy this pistol 1 mounts ago. Sorry for my English,...”

Written on: 10/10/2010

I buy this pistol 1 mounts ago. Sorry for my English, I am from Ukraine. Very nice pistol, i have blog: http://654k.ru. Yo can read this blog with GoogleTranslate. Many video, articles... Thanks… Read Full Review

“I bought this pistol brand new a couple years ago and...”

Written on: 06/06/2010

I bought this pistol brand new a couple years ago and I can safely confirm that it has been completely and utterly reliable since. I have also noticed that it is exceptionally powerful as well as accurate [it managed to penetrate 2cm of wooden board without a problem]. After getting used to shooting the gun I was able to hit a small coke can at 25 meters consistantly. Overall I highly recommend buying this if you want a good, solid and reliable air pistol, over the past I have had a Daisy… Read Full Review

“For many years I shot full bore pistols,when the law...”

Written on: 14/09/2009

For many years I shot full bore pistols,when the law let you have them in the UK,,But of late my interest was rekindled on seeing the range of Co2 pistols,, I bought three , a ppk and a cp88 then the Makarov MP-654K.
But I totally agree with the right ups on the Makarov MP-654K they are by far the best make and are a wonderful pistol to own and shoot ans shooting them feels like a real 22, I am 82 years old and i can say I wish I had seen one before I bought the others… Read Full Review

Lrivera's Comment

Written on: 07/09/2013

where can I purchase the Baikal 654 pre 2009
thanks for sharing

“This is a great gun but the spare mags are too...”

Written on: 29/12/2008 by rgmindian (1 review written)

This is a great gun but the spare mags are too expensive, if you can find them. The Baikal MP654K is the real firearm but modified to accept the CO2 componnts. The frame is just like the real deal, as is the slide. Not a toy but a great functioning pistol… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to rgmindian's Review

Written on: 14/12/2011

hi, can you please help me to tell, where I can buy the spare magazine of this gun online?

“I read all the reviews on this site and went through...”

Written on: 15/10/2008

I read all the reviews on this site and went through several types of pistols and rifles, but I always had the 'Makarov' in the back of my head. When looking for a new airgun I had these following requirements;

Full metal or almost.
Accurate enough for fun plinking
Fun factor
Reliable

I went through several airguns before I purchased the mp-654k, including several umarex pistols, and some air rifles. I just couldnt cope with the umarex pistol's revolver type loading, and the air rifles in this price… Read Full Review

“I recieved the Baikal MP654 air pistol when I turned...”

Written on: 06/10/2008

I recieved the Baikal MP654 air pistol when I turned 15 as a toy, and I've had no problems (other than the seal from the C02 to the pistol breaking) with it since. It DOES seem to be poorly blued (SP?), because it had surface rust on the upper slide. The pistol is very well built, for example, I've shot in the upwards of 20,000 bb's and/or hundreds of c02 cartridges and the screw that holds/activates the cartridges has no sign of wear whatsoever. I would like to warn not to overtighten that… Read Full Review

“Overall a realy nice gun, not brilliantly accurate...”

Written on: 05/09/2008

Overall a realy nice gun, not brilliantly accurate from using bb over pellets but an ideal house gun and for fun plinking its a must… Read Full Review

“This is a copy of the Russian police service pistol,...”

Written on: 11/07/2008 by Sid Pollartd (16 reviews written)

This is a copy of the Russian police service pistol, made by Baikal in Russia. The instruction book is in both Russian and English, with the English translation being excellant.

There is a certificate of authentication at the back, which also shows its date of manufacture, preservation and storage dates.

The sights are fixed, so nothing to come loose here, however, the fore sight is the same colour as the rest of the gun, mat black, and is easily lost when aiming. I highlighted the back of… Read Full Review

“The MP-654K in itself is a great value for money, easy...”

Written on: 02/02/2008 by morvinion (1 review written)

The MP-654K in itself is a great value for money, easy to handle, virtually unbreakable and relatively accurate. However, as it is the case with many other russian air guns, it reveals its true potential only after manual upgrade, which can increase muzzle velocity almost two times against the box version. Accuracy also improves drastically, up to 1.8 times better. The trick is in replacing factory valve gaskets with new ones, custom-made (this also goes for the flashbox, too), than replacing… Read Full Review

Olbiadan's Response to morvinion's Review

Written on: 11/03/2008

Hi morvinion... You seem to have an excellent grasp on the problems with this CO2 pistol. On Airguns BBS, there's need on your input, as there have been recent inquiries on the MP-654K. Your comments there would certainly be welcome!

Mel1721L's Response to morvinion's Review

Written on: 29/12/2012

4 years since you wrote this, are you still giving upgrade information, mine is leaking like a sieve at the moment.I've some new seals on order but lost the tool that came with it, years ago. Mine is a 1999 model.

MB

Bideshi's Response to morvinion's Review

Written on: 23/08/2010

How do I contact you about modifying the gun? Can I email you?

Jopo's Response to morvinion's Review

Written on: 07/07/2009

Great review! Bought this pistol too and love it so much.<br/><br/>But i have some problems with it allready.

371200_Patarat's Response to morvinion's Review

Written on: 03/06/2008

Hi morvinion,
<br/> I found your review on the MP654K very interesting. I own 2 myself . I would like to know more about the manual upgrade and how to do it. I'm not sure how to contact you, I live in New Zealand, maybe you could email me

“I bought this gun together with a Yunker-2 from some...”

Written on: 19/07/2007 by ceph (2 reviews written)

I bought this gun together with a Yunker-2 from some guy who got them as presents but weren't interested at all. Even though it was used, no wear and tear was detectable and the gun performed very well straight out from the box, however some tools and spare parts were missing but I didn't think of it as a problem since the gun is easily repairable with house hold tools.

One problem I did encounter was a small leakage in the valve but I solved it by screwing it apart with a knife and re-seal it… Read Full Review

“Baikal MP654K Makarov. ”

Written on: 17/04/2007 by Jungle Jim Jam (5 reviews written)

Baikal MP654K Makarov.

Baikal is a large Russian manufacturer of shotguns, hunting rifles, sporting pistols, target pistols, service weapons and airguns. This product falls under two of these areas, being both a functioning CO2 pistol and also an exact replica of the Makarov service pistol, manufactured by the same company.

The real Makarov has been referred to as a copy of the Walther PPK, being of similar size and general conception. However, chambered for 9mm as opposed to the PPK's… Read Full Review

“I watched this pistol in a gunshop for some time....”

Written on: 10/02/2007 by Orange Herald (1 review written)

I watched this pistol in a gunshop for some time. Eventually I weakened and bought it. I have had a lot of air and CO2 pistols in the past. This one comes up to the standards of any of them for build and fun factors. Within the limits of the ammunition its surprisingly accurate. Lead BB is better for accuracy, but load a steel one first to avoid damage and possible jamming by the magazine follower. The documentation warns against removing the CO2 cartridge before it is empty. Thats good advice… Read Full Review

“When deciding to satisfy my curiosity for a good...”

Written on: 19/01/2007 by Meteor5 (1 review written)

When deciding to satisfy my curiosity for a good pistol last year, i kept coming back to this cheap and cheerful Russian gun on many websites.
I ended up ordering one for only Sixty pounds plus delivery; (AirShooter.co.uk), comes respectively in a carryable case plus seals and tools for maintenance, also a pack of 200 copperheads are generously provided, but no Co2.
I was taken aback at first by the loud explosion of gas when first letting off my shots, it was indoors however, straight in… Read Full Review

Cognition's Response to 275084_Meteor5's Review

Written on: 15/06/2007

... You do know that this pistol fires bb's and not pellets? So I wouldn't load the magazine with pellets, unless I misunderstood what you meant.

“I had 1000 shots with my Baikal MP654K. It's accuracy...”

Written on: 05/10/2006 by kiwishooter (23 reviews written)

I had 1000 shots with my Baikal MP654K. It's accuracy is as good as my CP99 pellet gun (no problem with general target shooting). Quality of the gun is better than Germany Umarex and Walther, since it's fully made with steel.

The only trick thing about the gun is that it may be leaking brand new. You have to open the valve and lubricate it before shooting for the brand new ones. Also put some gun oil on trigger side.

Please do not try Gamo and Daisy BB's, they are too big, they damage… Read Full Review

Boris's Response to kiwishooter's Review

Written on: 08/07/2007

I thought the point in favour of lead (apart from the effect of rifling) was that
<br/>lead balls are 4.5mm - BBs (steel) are surely the 4.4mm you refer to.

“I meet up every two weeks or so to do some serious...”

Written on: 25/05/2006 by red bob (23 reviews written)

I meet up every two weeks or so to do some serious field plinking with like minded mates and sure we all have the exotic stuff for 30 to 60 mtr can shredding etc. But when it's pistol time,out of the 5 of us 4 had Baikal MP654K we had all aquired them independantly. As mentioned certain softer bbs can cause jams so a mate puts a zinc bb in first then lead this stops the follower from nurfing up last round. Very occasionaly it will fire 2 bbs at once dont let this put you off this fine… Read Full Review

“I love the Baikal MP654K pistol. It is a BB gun but...”

Written on: 20/04/2006 by pigshootingforgetpassword (1 review written)

I love the Baikal MP654K pistol. It is a BB gun but also good for target shooting. I have two MP654k. The first one which I purchased made by 7/4/2001 and second one made on 4/4/2004.
As I got both guns I realised that 2001 is better made than 2004.When I check the barrel of the guns after the shooting,I found that the 2004 one' barrel can be damaged by BB like many marks on the reflied barrel. However it did not happen on my first Mp 654k. I have been shoot 10000 bbs with my first Mp654, there… Read Full Review

“A friend had an older version of the Baikal MP654K and...”

Written on: 23/02/2006 by James Underwood (13 reviews written)

A friend had an older version of the Baikal MP654K and some time back I spent an afternoon shooting it. I was very impressed with this gun - it seemed like firing one of my rimfire pistols. I spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to find one here in the USA, and was dismayed when I learned it had been banned.
Why? Get ahold of yourself:
The Feds decided that since this air pistol was made from a genuine firearm, it would be easy to convert it back to one, making it a potentially lethal… Read Full Review

Bertie's Response to James Underwood's Review

Written on: 23/02/2006

James.......I would think trying to figure out ANY government's policies would be sado masochistic.
<br>
Isn't it all a joke though as anyone over legal age can buy and own a '645K in the UK where handguns are banned, and in the USA where handguns seem to be legally (and illegally) freely available, the authorities are worried about converting 645Ks for firearms use! It would be easier to make one from scratch in my opinion.
<br>
Never mind James, at least the USA doesn't have the hassle with high-power air rifles like the UK nor the restrictions on what wildlife is fair game. To shoot a magpie, one has to show 'just cause' and even for woodpigeons which were once the fairest of game.
<br>
I think we are all governed by ex-Monty Python script writers.

James Underwood's Response to James Underwood's Review

Written on: 18/03/2006

Boris: I am glad you have clear rules about gun usage and ownership. Here, the law can not only vary from state to state, but from city to city. For example airguns with a "high" muzzle velocity are banned in Michigan and other states. In some states they are legal, like California, but banned in some cities - like San Francisco.
The way our Constitution is set up, all things not prohibited by the Federal Government are subject to state legislation. Some states' constitutions allow municipalities the same freedom. Thus we have a patchwork quilt of differing regulations - even regarding booze and tobacco. One can get into a world of trouble just crossing a state border with an airgun - or even a can of beer.
I tend to stay home . .
Thanks, JIM

Boris's Response to James Underwood's Review

Written on: 12/03/2006

I find that our handgun laws in the UK are quite clear and there can be no cause for complaint. Simply put handguns are banned unless you are a criminal or terrorist.
Think how awful it would be if our Olympic competitors in shooting were allowed to own pistols - they might even win an event !

James Underwood's Response to James Underwood's Review

Written on: 24/02/2006

Bertie: Not five minutes ago I was watching a re-run of Monty Python on PBS! I couldn't help but feel as you.
Thanks for your comment.
Actually, gun folk have it fairly easy in the USA, so I shouldn't complain. As you pointed out, we have no restrictions or limitations on air guns, and anyone can just go into a store and buy a rifle. If one waits 8 days one can pick up a handgun as well, except in some locations where everything is banned.
I don't mind restrictions - just sheer idiocy!
Thanks, JAMES