Wilsons Carpet Underlays Laminate Carpet Underlay Reviews

Wilsons Carpet Underlays Laminate Carpet Underlay - Ask a question now

“Still waiting on next day delivery at 6pm, 2 days later ”

Written on: 09/09/2016 by vqOliver71 (1 review written)

We purchased underlay from Wilsons and we are waiting for the next day delivery, 2 days later. The man in the office advised that they use a courier service and cannot guarantee delivery, wish they say so on their website. The man told me when I asked where my delivery was, he responded I am not waiting for him but the courier, go figure. Very unhelpful, unreliable and definitely not recommending them to anyone… Read Full Review

“cheap nasty carpets”

Written on: 09/01/2016 by Yazminb141 (1 review written)

had a stair carpet fitted within 12 months there was holes in it after complaining it was eventually replaced.when the 2nd fitters pulled up the carpet the underlay had been put down in patches so the carpet was hitting the grippers this caused the holes,also gripper between landing & bathroom was too small & bent and the gripper between hall & living room was situated where you could see the room carpet in the hall,everything was put right but it should not have been like this in the first… Read Full Review

Lindaloo1970's Comment

Written on: 03/03/2016

After reading your review I am shocked that I am not the only one as we have just had a stair carpet fitted by this company (Lincoln shop) and the fitter has made an absolute mess of it, We have been left with a join at the bottom of the stairs which we would never of asked for, the fitter covered it with a spare piece of carpet so we didn't notice till he was paid and left, we also have gaps on the stairs where he cut the carpet to small, and as for the areas near all 5 doors on the landing it has been cut all zigzagged, I could off done a better job and as for our door bars they won't cover carpet to carpet as the fitter has cut the door area's to damn short, I don't know where they got these 2 fitter from as they look like school kids, also the company have been awful at the lincoln office the staff need training in customer care, If I don't get a satisfactory outcome by tomorrow when the fitter comes back and shows his face we will be taking legal action ourselves.

Jodysam's Comment

Written on: 04/03/2016

Hi lindaloo sorry to hear about your bad experience with Wilsons, I did ask some advice from trading standards as Wilsons wanted to replace just our stair carpet and not the hall and landing but TS said they had to replace it all as it was sold as a whole carpet, as with you customer service was disgusting , having worked in retail all my life I knew that they had to replace it, don't take any bull from them as they have to put this right but if possible get a refund from them go to a better carpet shop I would have but it wasn't possible as ours had been fitted for 12 months , but in future I will never use Wilsons again. Good luck.

“extremely rude and unhelpful ”

Written on: 23/05/2015 by Masongn457 (1 review written)

We asked for a carpet from the Lincoln branch for our hallway and stairs, it's been a renovation, the hallway and stairs are finished but the landing isn't, we have a baby ready to crawl so need a carpet downstairs (NOT ON THE LANDING!!!) Like I told the very unhelpful man in the shop, all we needed was extra carpet leaving so the landing and top step can be done at a later date. The company came to measure up and when invited in all the rude man said was that he couldn't possibly measure us… Read Full Review

Jkelly1111's Comment

Written on: 04/05/2016

I have had a similar experience and all of my complaints have been ignored. The don't appear to have proper complaints route either so this will be ignored further no doubt. Very unhappy!

“Faulty Carpet, failed timed appointment and poor service”

Written on: 23/10/2014 by dbean1983 (1 review written)

We decided to go with Wilsons for our carpet and never again will we deal with them. Asked for an early afternoon appointment of which we chased at 3pm to find out the fitter would be 4pm. No call from anyone to advise this. Fitter came round and the carpet had an obvious fault line missed by them and the manufactuer. The fitter was good enough to put himself out to refit it at another time however the carpet company attempted to take credit for this, even though he told us this before they… Read Full Review

“Terrible Customer Service”

Written on: 17/09/2014

We purchased a bed from Wilsons Carpets that was so uncomfortable that we woke with backache during the night (every night.) Wilsons took a month of stalling us and telling us lies before finally telling us that there was nothing they could do as the bed could not be resold. In my opinion, they have no concept of good customer care and should be avoided at all costs… Read Full Review

“Rubbish”

Written on: 03/03/2014 by Yorkshire101 (1 review written)

Bad customer service, rubbish management, just try to bribe you in to giving them good reviews. Basically if you don't leave positive eBay feedback they won't sort out the damaged items you recieve! You pay less you get less! They don't care aslong as they get good reviews!… Read Full Review

“I bought some Cloud 9 Underlay from them, the price...”

Written on: 01/01/2011

I bought some Cloud 9 Underlay from them, the price was just astonishing compared to the retailers price, it worked out about £2.50 per sq.metre!

Next Day Delivery i was also shocked with so internet shopping doesn't get much better !

Saved a fortune!

Here is the link of underlay i bought -: http://www.wilsons-carpet-underlays.co.uk/store/productdetails.php?id=8

“I found Wilsons Carpet Underlay to be extremely...”

Written on: 07/11/2010 by sallen (1 review written)

I found Wilsons Carpet Underlay to be extremely helpful, I contacted them as I had been told to use a thick wool underlay underneath my laminate flooring as it was cheaper than normal laminate. The chap at Wilsons I spoke to was very helpful he explained that the felt would cause the laminate to creak as there would be too much give in it. Thankfully I followed his advice and purchased the Cush & Wood brand. It arrived the following day as promised and after being layed was perfect. Positively… Read Full Review