Chi Bi (Red Cliff) Reviews

Chi Bi (Red Cliff) - Ask a question now

Chi Bi (Red Cliff)

“The editors cut is not as good as the original”

Written on: 23/11/2011 by rupal2 (107 reviews written)

We saw Red Cliff months back, and decided that it deserved to be seen in blu-ray. The film itself is really good, with a clever story line. It took me over 30 mins that I couldn't understand a word of it, but was reading the subtitles. It is that good, that I was engrossed in it quickly, and didn't feel that the language was a barrier for me. I do think that the original Red Cliff we saw was better than the blu-ray we bought, as there was a lot of the scenes that we remembered, being cut out… Read Full Review

Chi Bi (Red Cliff)

“Oh John Woo. ”

Written on: 01/10/2010 by eljazz (12 reviews written)

Oh John Woo.

Once the greatest Hong Kong director in decades churning out masterpieces like The Killer and Hard Boiled he was lured away to Hollywood where he thought international stardom would come. It did of course, but at a cost. Soon he discovered that the kind of violence shown in his works were tied by rules in the west and, add to that, a Chinese director making Chinese films in the style of American movies was a stroke of genius, a Chinese director making American movies in the… Read Full Review