Denon UD-M50 Reviews

Denon UD-M50 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Denon UD-M50

“replace speakers”

Written on: 07/03/2012

While this unit is quite adequate in power and clarity, I have wanted something a little more beefy in the speaker department. I am using this Denon as a amp for my computer, this is a small room set up, but lacks some bass and midrange. I found a larger pair of mission book shelfs at goodwill for 25.00, pair are in excellent condition. They are 761i , 25 to 150 watts, but the denon pushes them fine, the speakers are 8 ohm, but the Denon is capable of powering 6ohm and possibly 4 ohms with… Read Full Review

Denon UD-M50

“Excellent sound, of higher quality than one can get...”

Written on: 03/12/2008

Excellent sound, of higher quality than one can get from other more expensive systems.
The cd changer must be opened by touching a button on the box itself and not on the remote, unlike other similar stereos.
I would recommend it without hesitation. I've had it for more than 3 years of constant use without the slightest problem.
Well recommend Denon UD-M50… Read Full Review

Denon UD-M50

“The Denon UD-M50 sound is good quality also the tone...”

Written on: 05/09/2008 by PEASENHALL (1 review written)

The Denon UD-M50 sound is good quality also the tone and bass are perfect. Overall, it is nice and compact and nicely finished… Read Full Review

Denon UD-M50

“From my experience I would look again to purchasing...”

Written on: 21/03/2008 by TheBluBoy (1 review written)

From my experience I would look again to purchasing another Denon System like the Denon UD-M50.

I gave this machine 9's instead of 10's, because 10 is, well, perfect. Great sound. Even, across the frequencies. Not much money.

In fact at the time of purchase I was about to shell out nearly five times the $'s for a component system, had a listen to this machine (the Denon UD-M50) and bought it instead… Read Full Review

373300_Goldengeek's Response to TheBluBoy's Review

Written on: 11/06/2008

Blue Boy - Where did you have this fixed???
<br/>I had the same issue with the 3 CD tray broken by someone else's misuse - I took it to the store i bought it from and they said un-economical to repair.... I have just bought a replacement single CD Denon system but still have the old one and could do with getting it going again..

Dgk721's reply to 373300_Goldengeek's Comment

Written on: 21/12/2013

I have had problems with the gears in the CD changer. The first time I had it repaired at a place in Racine, WI. The second time I took it to a place in Pensacola, FL and they were unable to repair. The gears are no longer available. I found a replacement very inexpensive on e-Bay and it works fine. I'll have to find something else if this one ever goes. The system is great, bought it new 2/15/2001. Sounds fantastic with a Paradigm PDR-10 subwoofer.

Denon UD-M50

“I have a $35000 system in my living room and the Denon...”

Written on: 29/10/2007 by bandgroup (1 review written)

I have a $35000 system in my living room and the Denon UD-M50 in my Den. I spend more time lstening to the M50. It is more exciting to listen to, oodles of detail, and is so musical.
I am a professional musician. I can't beleive so much comes out of a small unit.
Wonderful engineering… Read Full Review

Denon UD-M50

“Don't buy this Denon, the CD changer breaks down and...”

Written on: 23/09/2007 by agregoire (1 review written)

Don't buy this Denon, the CD changer breaks down and can't be repaired… Read Full Review

Thebluboy's Response to 312565_agregoire's Review

Written on: 21/03/2008

Sorry, but yes it can be repaired, just had it done.<br/><br/>One of my children broke it by rough handling. Mind you, the machine put up with a lot of misuse before it broke.<br/><br/>This is a great stereo. Easy to use. Great sound for a machine that isn't supposed to be top end.<br/><br/>Well done Denon.

Denon UD-M50

“Glorious brushed aluminium case, snazzy led display,...”

Written on: 19/05/2003 by andy. (1 review written)

Glorious brushed aluminium case, snazzy led display, mini in size (except there is a large black box like thing at the back!), plastic feeling remote though and rather hard to find the cdr seperate (had to track one down in Germany).

Fantastic sound quality, great speakers. I would recommend this to a hi fi fan even though my cd changer broke down (my 13 month old son and his fascination for the flashing lights)… Read Full Review

Denon UD-M50

“I had the chance to compare it to several other models...”

Written on: 01/04/2003 by Russ. (1 review written)

I had the chance to compare it to several other models in a store. The speakers sound surprisingly good for their size. The bass is not real deep. But, the sound is tight and clean. Midrange is full & clean and treble is crystal clear without sounding tinny. I do not see myself growing tired of these speakers quickly. The head unit looks sophisticated and classy. All buttons are clearly marked. If you have half a mind, you can figure out how to operate this unit in less than a minute… Read Full Review

Denon UD-M50

“I compared this Denon UD-M50 mini system with the...”

Written on: 21/09/2002 by MC Stevie T. (1 review written)

I compared this Denon UD-M50 mini system with the Yamaha Pianocraft and found it much kinder on the ears - less harsh and much more capable at higher volume. I got the system for £225 and have some Kef speakers connected to it which I think sound great. I was looking for a small system for my workroom and the Denon fits the bill perfectly giving near separates sound quality in a neat package… Read Full Review