Titan Telecom Reviews - www.titantelecom.uk.com

• Reliability

• Extra Features

Titan Telecom www.titantelecom.uk.com - Ask a question now

“Disturbing Stressed Hateful”

Written on: 21/07/2014 by iwantwhatsmine (1 review written)

I was cold called by their brokers and they promised me that they would pay for my termination fees from my current provider, on top of that, I would be charged less if I joined onto their basic package just 5gb of download data. I have evauated this with a friend to be about 2 hours emailing a day. THEY charged me just over £70 for the phone and internet. But they also left me to to tackle the £398 termination from the previous provider. I have new found sympathy for foreign sales… Read Full Review

“Titan Telecom - A bunch of frauds and villains”

Written on: 10/07/2014

After closing our account we now get a monthly phone call from their offices in manchester stating that we owe £20 this is made up of 8.43 outstanding bill and a charge for non payment. However they say if we pay the £8.43 they will wave the non payment fee and we will not hear from them again, a month later they call back with the same story even though we pay each time. This has happened for the past 3 months, today I recorded the conversation and asked the operative, who had a terrible… Read Full Review

“We've changed to a new provider as we had no contract...”

Written on: 09/07/2014 by RJWhitefield (1 review written)

We've changed to a new provider as we had no contract with Titan. However they are now saying we are tied in til 2016 and want £1400 for leaving early! No contract signed, no agreements, just lies and more lies, plus aggressive action saying they were BT and that they'd cut us off. I've contacted Offcom today also. Never will we use them again… Read Full Review

“Dont be fooled”

Written on: 03/07/2014 by 77Sullivan (1 review written)

I know that all companies have some bad reviews and there are always customers unhappy blah blah blah, that is to be expected, you cant please everyone. But that is not the case with Titan, they are a genuinely terrible company that lie and deceive from start to finish and I promise you, you will regret going with them. I have seen first hand the salesmen trick people into using there service all to put cash in their own pocket. When the come knocking and politely say that they will break down… Read Full Review

“keep away from this company”

Written on: 30/06/2014 by azMurphy-Alt83 (1 review written)

They are not a good company please beware of all their promise… Read Full Review

“PARASITES!!”

Written on: 24/06/2014 by Carissa494 (1 review written)

I just wish I had never gone near this bunch of con-men! I sold my shop 3 weeks ago and now Titan Telecom want £1200 termination fee. I let them know I was selling 30 days before the sale was due to go through and when I asked if I needed to put it in writing they said no. They are acknowledging that I only owe them service charges upto 31st May and are billing the new owner for the subsequent 2 weeks but they say that the termination charge still applies. They say they will block any attempt… Read Full Review

“WHAT EVER YOU DO DON'T GO WITH THEM!”

Written on: 22/06/2014 by JaniyaReese (1 review written)

I was assured that upon my retirement there would be no cancellation fee, since retirement l received a demand for £600 with costs escalating current demand, £724. Received constant calls/ texts/letters demanding payment and now received a letter from Universal Debt Collection agency threatening court action and the possibility of making me bankrupt if my debts gets beyond £750 which is ridiculous as they can't do this. It appears that they are just a bunch of conmen employing bullying… Read Full Review

Rmj's Comment

Written on: 23/06/2014

Just so that you know - Universal Debt Collection is NOT an external debt collection agency, it is simply an in house department of Titan Telecom and sister company Unicom Telecom under the Universal Utilities umbrella. They do NOT have a Consumer Credit Licence are not under the remit of the OFT and more recently the FCA.

Joeydee's Comment

Written on: 24/06/2014

Dont worry,been there,got the T shirt,they are all bluff,nasty tho it is,they do jack,next thing you get will be a 'draft' CC summons,after that..nothing!
So you are nearly over the line !
Just ignore them ..you'll be fine !
BUT dont pay them ANYTHING !!

“Do not be deluded by low cost,you will pay for in...”

Written on: 06/06/2014 by hwButcher169 (1 review written)

Do not be tempted to enter an agreement with this company by the cheap line rentals because you will pay back via sky high termination charges. I assure you they will go to all lengths to try and get it from you. If you cease to trade for any reason, you will have to ask a lawyer to say that you have 'no intention' of trading', they accept nothing else as they 'won't take your word' for it and if you trade under a company, you will have to strike off the company at their speed (a month if… Read Full Review

Joeydee's Comment

Written on: 09/06/2014

Dont listen to their bluster !
Iv'e just had a 10 month battle with them ending in them sending a fake county court summons (easy to spot !) nothing since !
DO NOT pay any termination fees etc..its all a load of ,well you know what !
They are conmen ..nothing else !

“When I joined Titan I was not told I was in a 3year...”

Written on: 29/05/2014 by Skyez28 (1 review written)

When I joined Titan I was not told I was in a 3year contract. When I sold business on even though the new buyers were still with Titan they sent me a disconnection bill for 600 when I contacted them they said change your home line to us otherwise you'll have to pay but I'm tied into a contract with aol so couldn't change. Now they're sending bills but I'm just ignoring they can take me to court… Read Full Review

Jc278678's Comment

Written on: 09/07/2014

Yes I've been going through the same situation but I had 2 years left on my contract so they want £1200, £600 per year, I tried to deal with this issue 7 months ago when I sold my business, when I questioned the charges and asked for copies of the renewal contract I had signed, they said "no you should already have it" I then sent repeated emails requesting breakdown of charges etc etc, guess what, no reply! They just do not seem to want anything in writing ? they only want to do telephone calls from a withheld number, what type of company does this? I've now got Universal Debt Collection chasing and trying to bully me into paying, if you read other reviews on here some people think its all bluff from UDC threatening this an that, and I will hear no more after I have received a ' Draft' County Court summons' well im about to find out, as there is no way im paying this ridiculous charge. Im with the person who wrote the original review. Let the court decide.

“Shocking Customer Service”

Written on: 16/05/2014 by FlannelW (1 review written)

I Joined Titan in November 2013 hoping to save money compared to BT (Bills of £300 per quarter inc vat and rental for three lines. Alot of my calls are made up of diverted calls to mobile and I was looking to reduce these. BT Offered to supply a mobile phone for £20 a month and if calls were diverted to this number there wouldn't be any call forwarding charges. I spoke top Titan and they said they offered me a similar package for £10 per month. I received my first monthly bill from Titan and… Read Full Review

“SPITEFUL COMPANY SET OUT TO DESTROY MY BUSINESS”

Written on: 12/05/2014 by Cassius83 (1 review written)

I joined Titan after being fed lots of lies and too good to be true offers. I was told Titan would pay my cancellation fee from my current provider. When this cam they offered to credit my account with half of the £299 fee. Then as I did not accept this they said ok we will let you go back to you previous supplier. They cut off my line and retained my number which I have had for over 3 years. They retained my line as it was their right to do so. For no other reason other than malice. They… Read Full Review

Rmj's Comment

Written on: 12/05/2014

This needs reporting to Ofcom who are currently investigating Titan's sister company Unicom. Titan and Unicom share the same directors and trading address and the more complaints that Ofcom receive about them the better.

Bambyslastjump's Comment

Written on: 13/05/2014

Really helpful, these people are giving my 81 father the hard sell right now . Really glad i read this review.

“AVOID THEM!”

Written on: 11/05/2014 by gqGriffith251 (1 review written)

This company are sharks of the worst kind. They are unscrupulous in the way they do business. I have spoken to OFCOM but they don't offer any help with individual cases. Has anyone else had help from OFCOM? If so, how did you go about it?… Read Full Review

“The worst phone experience of my life!”

Written on: 08/05/2014 by Adyson110 (1 review written)

I was persuaded to switch from TalkTalk to Titan on a like-for-like basis. The switch-over was anything but the promised “Seamless” event. Despite emailing to warn of my fears of technical difficulties on handover, I heard nothing and for 16 hours had no internet or broadband and of course no emails for my home, my business and my wife’s business. This was rectified at 4pm on the day of the handover. When I emailed to complain I was told I would hear something back that day but had no… Read Full Review

“Best Ever Met”

Written on: 08/05/2014 by Cassius429 (1 review written)

I just love this Bt was charging me much but i am fully satisfied with it. They said they will charge me thirty pounds and yes from last 6 months i am satisfied.. Yes i recommend this telecom… Read Full Review

“100%”

Written on: 06/05/2014 by McMillan470 (1 review written)

I have just made the switch from BT to Titan telecom and must say i am very impressed with the whole process. i was dealing with the same agent the whole way through the switch-over and he was very helpfull and honest. No down-time on the line at all and yesterday i just received my 1st bill (2weeks in advance of payment taken as promised) and it is exactly what they said it would be. I was sceptical about the change over due to online reviews but i am not delighted with my decision and can… Read Full Review

“When we were contacted by Titan Telecom as a result of...”

Written on: 04/05/2014 by FreddyHay (1 review written)

When we were contacted by Titan Telecom as a result of responding to an FSB advert, we were told by their salesman that we would have line rental for £9.99 per month and unlimited broadband for £9.99 per month (plus v.a.t.) When we had our first bill there was a charge of £30.00 extra to what we expected. We queried this and were fobbed off with an excuse relating to set up charges etc. The same charge was levied on our next bill, this was queried, to be told that we had exceeded our… Read Full Review

“dreadfull after care”

Written on: 07/04/2014 by Avery17 (1 review written)

No phone line for 3 weeks spent over 50 quid phoning thete call centre 0844 no to be told excuse after excuse part of the unicom group which where just as bad… Read Full Review

“TITAN TELECOM ”

Written on: 04/04/2014 by Zaidenz208 (1 review written)

YOU DID THE RIGHT THING NOT TO GO WITH TITAN "WORST COMPANY IN THE WORLD" MAKE A NEW DEAL WITH BT --I DID… Read Full Review

“Dreadful experience! Be warned! Do NOT use Titan Telecom”

Written on: 02/04/2014 by ChatsworthBear (1 review written)

Titan Telecom provided my phone line & broadband. The customer service was poor and the promised savings over BT never materialised. When my shop closed down they tried to charge me a £600 termination fee for cancelling the contract. This was in spite of the fact that when I agreed to the contract, their representative had assured me that no termination fees would be payable if my business closed. When I contacted them to complain I was bullied and threatened by their staff with everything… Read Full Review

Rmj's Response to ChatsworthBear's Review

Written on: 03/04/2014

This all sounds too familiar. Titan Telecom and Unicom Telecom are sister companies under the Universal Utilities umbrella with the same directors and trading address. Check out the Unicom thread on this site to see the similarities. Ofcom have just opened an investigation into Unicom’s sales and marketing tactics and they are also investigating whether Unicom has complied with its obligations to offer a minimum 12 month contract. This is the third Ofcom investigation of Unicom and to find the details just Google ‘Ofcom Unicom’. The more people that lodge a complaint with Ofcom the better.

Joeydee's Response to ChatsworthBear's Review

Written on: 10/04/2014

Same with me,chased me for 9 months now for 150 pounds termination fee,Ive had threat after threat,so Ive just told them to take me to court !All bluster,stick to your guns..they are a horrible bunch !

Mark2005's reply to Joeydee's Comment

Written on: 22/05/2014

I have just terminated. The adviser said there would be a £150 termination fee but I received a bill of £665. They advise if a business has ceased trade then the termination fee will be waived. However, they refuse to confirm this in writing. They have simply ignored everything I send them and continue to send threatening letters. As it is now affecting my home life I have decided just to bite the bullet and pay this. I have contacted Ofcom but don't know how effective this is.

Chatsworthbear's reply to Mark2005's Comment

Written on: 23/05/2014

Hi Mark,
After nine months of threatening texts, letters & emails from Titan, I have received a letter saying that they don't intend to take any further action over my termination charges.
If you've ceased trading then they shouldn't charge you the fees (it's in their contract if you've got a copy).
If their tactics are giving you a lot of grief (which is what these bullies want) then maybe try asking a solicitor to send them a strongly worded letter. It might cost you a bit, but it should be a lot less than the £600 plus that they're asking for.

“Worst customer service ever!!!!!!!!”

Written on: 31/03/2014 by HallieMacDonald (1 review written)

Was approached by Titan and was told that I could get a better deal than what I'm getting from Bt for my business. As I was about to switch over I thought Ill review their company, then to find out most of the reviews were bad. This was a big concern so I decided to cancel with them(which I'm allowed to) which they were not happy about. When I phoned up to cancel they were so forcefully, intimidating and threatening until now I'm still shocked, the guy hang the phone up on me while I was… Read Full Review