Loch Fyne - Twickenham Reviews

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Loch Fyne - Twickenham - Ask a question now

“Fantastic experience, good food and good value.”

Written on: 29/10/2012

Very welcoming and friendly, a nice warm restaurant with spacious layout - lots of elbow room. Wine waitress friendly and chatty. We both had variations of fish and chips. The cod in Tempura batter was delicious and perfectly cooked, with no hint of greasiness. Haddock in traditional batter equally good, but probably higher fat content (although not greasy tasting - it's just that we both need to keep our fat intake down). Chips were beautifully light, crisp and non-greasy, but french… Read Full Review

“We had a terrible experience of raw vinegary...”

Written on: 13/09/2010

We had a terrible experience of raw vinegary vegetables with chewy gristly steak. The starter of sardines was equally disappointing as way more bones than fish, I have had better sardines in a cheap italian chain than this supposed specialised seafood resturant. I will certainly never be returning. the building and chairs may have been comfortale but the food and service was osme of the poorest I have experienced… Read Full Review

Sludminger's Comment

Written on: 25/03/2011

I found this review not helpful because... the issue they appear to have with loch fyne is that the sardines had bones and by their own admission they ordered steak in a fish restaurant?! In Portugal and Spain where I first encountered Sardinas as a kid I learnt to eat them whole, bones and all (but not the eyes - the locals do but not me). My experience of Loch Fyne restaurants generally is that they are very good. But ordering steak? WHY? It's a fish restaurant!!!