Nuance Dragon Naturally Speaking 11 Reviews

• Quality

Nuance Dragon Naturally Speaking 11 - Ask a question now

Nuance Dragon Naturally Speaking 11

“Don't purchase this until you have tried it out.”

Written on: 09/08/2011 by JohnHD2 (1 review written)

I happily purchased Edition 10 (no record of this for review) problematic to use- disappointing. The `training commands' and speech merge into the subject when speaking. One finds it quicker to type in misunderstood words, so what is the value of that? Pronunciation of words and `training' of voice recognition is a nightmare However, I like the concept of just being able to speak to the computer and so prevent RSI in old age. If NUANCE get the program right, they could be on a winner. By the… Read Full Review

Nuance Dragon Naturally Speaking 11

“The software is just fantastic! I'm currently using 2...”

Written on: 30/03/2011 by Sarahcobbs (5 reviews written)

The software is just fantastic! I'm currently using 2 main features of it:
1. Speach recognition from a mic.
2. Speach recognition from a recorded file.
The results are awesome! Thanx a lot to developers for such a great software!… Read Full Review

Nuance Dragon Naturally Speaking 11

“Here is a copy of an email that I have sent today to...”

Written on: 01/09/2010

Here is a copy of an email that I have sent today to Nuance outlining my purchase experience...

I don't think that I have EVER experienced such poor service from a company. And that's really saying something.

From start to finish the whole thing has been a complete shambles.

1. There is no comparison page on the web site site of the differences between the versions offered:
a. Home
b. Premium
c. Professional
2. So, had to call the Sales line for an explanation
3. The Sales line was answered… Read Full Review

Kathy10's Comment

Written on: 24/09/2010

I found this review very helpful because... I have been trying to get the upgraded version 11 of Dragon for my desktop computer (Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit)
<br/>Not understanding the note on their website that states that this version requires SSE2 Instruction Set I telephoned Nuance. I went through 2 lots of options - each lot had five options. Got through to sales. Said I had a technical enquiry regarding Dragon 11. Put on hold for 3 minutes then got to speak to someone whome I could not understand. He told me I needed to download SSE2 instruction set. Talked me through it but I could not understand because of his accent. He then seemed to be telling me that I did not need this software. -Either I need it or I don't.
<br/>Still don't know if I need it and found technical support/ sales very unhelpful. Have decided not to purchase after visit to local computer store advised it may not work on Windows 7 even with SSE2 installed. Advised by them to take computer to store and they would set it up. Not an option because it is a desktop computer.
<br/>I am even more confused than I was to start with.
<br/>Have Dragon 10 on laptop running Vista 32bit - this is not compatible with 64bit hence need to purchase upgraded version.
<br/>No mention of extra software required on adverts. This SHOULD be made clear especially because of the high price.

An Author's Comment

Written on: 23/02/2011

I found this review very helpful because...I too have had appalling treatment from Nuance. Several years ago I bought a copy of Dragon naturally speaking from a 3rd party vendor. It worked well for a while but then I had to reload my operating system after a computer crash. This necessitated re-installing the Dragon software and re-registering. The company refused to do this and when I queried this, I was told my copy of the program was not legitimate. Yet I had bought it in good faith from a reputable dealer. They were unmoved. They didn't care. They would not instruct the dealer to stop selling what they claimed was boot-leg software. They would give me no help. I could go to hell for all they cared!
<br/>
<br/>So that was my experience of Nuance. It is a pity really as it is a really good program.