The Gay Hussar - Greek Street, Soho Reviews

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

The Gay Hussar - Greek Street, Soho - Ask a question now

“A fine taste of Hungary in Soho”

Written on: 16/03/2013 by Ray_London (9 reviews written)

I had read that this restaurant was pricey and the portions were small but having dined here this week with the Gourmet Society discount card,I was neither stung by the price or disappointed with the portions. I enjoyed a traditional plate of Hungarian starters followed by piping hot goulash complemented by a full bodied Hungarian red. The restaurant was cosy and the ambiance great, despite the wet, winter-like weather. The setting was intriguing: caricatures of famous politicians populate the… Read Full Review

“A friend recommended me this place as somewhere in...”

Written on: 01/09/2010 by DaveyBoy77 (58 reviews written)

A friend recommended me this place as somewhere in London I should definitely visit. We turned up, and apparently they'd lost our reservation, so they decided to sit us down on a table where we were sitting adjacent to each other (rather than opposite each other), which was kind of weird. After some minor complaining they were happy to reseat us so we were actually sitting opposite each other.

I didn't realise beforehand, but it's a restaurant that's frequented by politicians and their… Read Full Review