Actinic Catalog - Business Reviews

• Quality

Actinic Catalog - Business - Ask a question now

Actinic Catalog - Business

“Actinic Catalog - dreadful programmers”

Written on: 11/03/2013

Terrible customer service and a website full of glitches and problems! The programmers Actinic now work with in France are unhelpful and do not seem to have a clue about programming. You have to be extremly proficient when using computers to have any chance of using your own website. One of the biggest problems was the programmers asking what you want in your website and then delivering something completely different, and then try to charge you if you ask them to actually make your site look… Read Full Review

Actinic Catalog - Business

“Please don't make the mistake we did!”

Written on: 12/05/2012

After 5 years of using Actinic I have to say this has to be the most glitch ridden program I've ever used. You can't go a day without something going wrong with it, it really has been problem after problem which never seems to end. If you're setting up an online store please avoid it at all costs, I wish we had… Read Full Review

Actinic Catalog - Business

“Actinic has to be the worst \"shop in a box\" out...”

Written on: 13/04/2011

Actinic has to be the worst \"shop in a box\" out there. It is absolutely horrible. The price is a total rip off for what you get. It crashes and hangs regularly. There are basic features (that you would expect from any online shop) missing. It is expensive to customise (just get a price) and has severe limitations due to it's static nature. It is almost like a relic given today's web standards and software. Obviously there are benefits to a static system but I find them far outweighed by… Read Full Review

Actinic Catalog - Business

“Actinic is a pretty appalling offering as an ecommerce...”

Written on: 24/01/2011

Actinic is a pretty appalling offering as an ecommerce system. It's based on a very old engine which is several years out of date. Feature-wise, most of the leading open source systems such as OSCommerce, ZenCart etc... leave it for dead. The only thing it had going for it was Sage integration but this is no longer the case as most of the other systems have Sage plugins or contributions available.

The layout templates look like a 1990s \"son of a friend's uncle\" designed them.

Having… Read Full Review

Actinic Catalog - Business

“I thought I was alone with my experinces with Actinic...”

Written on: 13/07/2010 by smileeej (1 review written)

I thought I was alone with my experinces with Actinic having used it since version 4.

I inherited it from a previous business partner and at that time it seemed like a safe choice.
Since that time my experience and knowledge of online retail has risen exponentially but unfortunately Actinic has stayed stil. Well almost, when thet brought out version 9 (I use Business Plus version 9, not cheep!!) it has been an absolute nightmare.
If it crashes 4 times a day it's a good day.
Interesting to… Read Full Review

“Hi Everyone, ”

Written on: 29/06/2010

Hi Everyone,

Just thought i'd leave my honest opinion of Actinic, we have been using it since V8 unlike the poor bloke on V3 and were ready to throw it in the bin.

I think the software is great for anyone with limited web experience, its easy to use and pretty basic for the small web builder. However if you have aspirations of being a powerhouse online - then look elsewhere and don't waste your money.

Usability - doesn't seem to exist - multi user crashers constantly and support are use nor… Read Full Review

“Hi, ”

Written on: 09/03/2010

Hi,
I have been using Actinic software since V3, so I feel I can comment!
As I work for a company that insist on using it I have no choice, but it has been a nightmare, poor support which consists of 'have you compacted the database?'
The software is written by outside workers so no direct support from the the developers, this means that any problems can go on for ages before being resolved, if at all, if your store only has a few hundred items and you want a 'boxed' product then fine, if you… Read Full Review