Mountain Warehouse Mountainlife Waterproof Boots Reviews

• Style

Mountain Warehouse Mountainlife Waterproof Boots - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Mountain Warehouse Mountainlife Waterproof Boots

Mountain Warehouse Mountainlife Waterproof Boots

“Apollo Ladies waterproof? No Way!”

Written on: 18/11/2012

I've had my boots for about a year and they're very light and comfortable but I've just come back from a walk in wet grass and my feet are soaked. Water wicked up through tongue and ankle to my trousers so the bottoms were soaked too. The label on the boots clearly says waterproof. This didn't happen with my old Gortex boots. I am very disappointed. I wish I'd read the reviews before snapping up a bargain (I thought) in Gloucester Quays. I don't have the receipt so can't return them. My loss… Read Full Review

Mountain Warehouse Mountainlife Waterproof Boots

“MountainLife hiking boots bought as waterproof but are...”

Written on: 09/03/2012 by Discontented (1 review written)

I bought a pair of MountainLife hiking boots with Vibram soles on 14 December 2011. I SPECIFICALLY asked if they were waterproof as I had previously has problems with boots not being waterproof. I think anyone would agree that there is nothing more irritating than going on a walk/hike and having wet feet. Well, I was assured that they were and all the paperwork said as much, as did the label on the boots ("ISODRY waterproof and highly breathable). Alas, on the fourth wearing in February when… Read Full Review

Petersav's Response to Discontented's Review

Written on: 02/10/2012

Don't bother sealing them. I heavily Nikwax-ed mine from new (because the girl in the shop advised it) and it lasted about 2 weeks before leaking. And I've only used them around wet fields, not deep puddles. Waste of money - mine are going back soon.

Andyallan67's Response to Discontented's Review

Written on: 17/09/2013

I'm having the same problem with a pair of Mountain Warehouse 'Traveller' boots. Advertised as waterproof due to the ISODRY material, but in wet grass the soak up the water. Waste of money!

Mountain Warehouse Mountainlife Waterproof Boots

“Mountain Warehouse 'Gale' Mens Waterproof Shoes - AVOID”

Written on: 11/11/2011

I bought these shoes from Mountain Warehouse Kendal, mainly because they have Vibram soles. As I have several pairs of walking boots, I wore them only rarely and then more as a best pair of shoes, never on the fells and never in the wet, though they claim to be waterproof. However after I had them for 16 months of very light wear the lasting edges tore away from the soles - just the outer material not the lining. This happened on both shoes. I took them back to the shop where the assistants… Read Full Review

Jonom's Comment

Written on: 23/10/2012

A £35 pair of shoes or boots is not going to last very long - fact of life! I have bought several pairs of Mountainlife shoes over the years, and they have typically lasted around 12-15 months. They are comfortable, cheap and stay waterproof for several months, which is more than can be said for similar Karrimor shoes.

Mountain Warehouse Mountainlife Waterproof Boots

“I bought these as they felt very comfortable. I am a...”

Written on: 27/08/2010

I bought these as they felt very comfortable. I am a big walker, often doing long-distance cross-country so comfortable and waterproof boots are really important. The first pair of these I bought I actually took back as they leaked. I should have know better than to purchase another pair but stupidly took the word of the sales rep to said this was a one-off. I have had the other pair for just over a year and they leak as well, which happened on a long-distance walk and gave me blisters… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 25/09/2011

Totally agree - these are rubbish. Very comfortable and warm but leak even on the wet pavement. This appeared to be due to the fact that the sole doesn't have solid tread. The tread is hollow and about 1mm thick and the fabric interior of the boot is behind this and so they soak up water.

Stevemarson's Comment

Written on: 25/09/2011

Very comfortable and warm but leak even on the wet pavement. This appeared to be due to the fact that the sole doesn't have solid tread. The tread is hollow and about 1mm thick and the fabric interior of the boot is behind this and so they soak up the water.