Birkbeck University of London Reviews

• Societies & Clubs

Birkbeck University of London - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Birkbeck University of London

Birkbeck University of London

“For evening study there is nowhere else”

Written on: 20/10/2012

Don’t really understand giving Birkbeck one star. I read law there (2006-2010); it enabled me to attend classes in the evening as the ethos of the college is not as the standard university might be. The lecturers were all academics and experts in their field (Professors, Doctors, lawyers) all knew their stuff; and I considered them to be on the whole approachable, granted some more than others, but this is to be expected. The only issue I had during the four years was to get through to one… Read Full Review

“Science Department are useless”

Written on: 13/04/2012 by Blackbutterfly (1 review written)

I did a post graduate degree at this University and the staff were totally useless, arrogant, racist. (especially the Chemistry lecturers). I transfered to the Open University in my second year and what a difference, I got support from my tutors, excellent feedback from lectures on class assignments, excellent library facilities. I'm very happy with my progress and hope to do a PhD soon. Birkbeck just take your money and leave you in the lurch if you have a complaint. Avoid this University at… Read Full Review

“I saved for three years to come to this place to do a...”

Written on: 26/08/2010 by bobknob (1 review written)

I saved for three years to come to this place to do a foundation degree in Pharmacy and it was the worst waste of my valuable time and money EVER!!!! The support from tutors was non-existent, the attitude of the staff was as if we part time students were nothing but an annoyance to ignore as often as possible. Organisation was sporadic and the amount of times problems arose with classes, rooms, staff etc was amazing. I stupidly assumed this place was a highly organised place to study.
The… Read Full Review