Tech Force TF99 Reviews

Tech Force TF99 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Tech Force TF99

Tech Force TF99
Tech Force TF99

“poor mechanical parts no QAC”

Written on: 04/03/2012

the gun is strong got the nitro put in it cost 230.00 the china QAC is really poor if your not a gun smith do not buy this. the hindge that cocks the piston back was scraping the underside of the barrel and scoring it i had to shim the leaver to allow for clearance it is smooth for now all milled parts are very ruff and more time has to be taken to be sure they fit properly.the cocking arm is so sloppy if put up quickly it will not lineup with the holder.ther is about 3/16"for triger travel… Read Full Review

Shootermcgregors's Comment

Written on: 18/11/2012

do u have any idea what it chronies at with the nitro?

“This Tech Force TF99 rifle is has great power of 1100...”

Written on: 27/06/2009

This Tech Force TF99 rifle is has great power of 1100 fps. This rifle is also very accurate, i had shot many rifles and this is the most accurate one. its also under lever action because most break action barrel rifles barrels bend so they didn't have enough accuracy.This rifle is perfect for hunting . The value was worth every good thing of this rifle… Read Full Review

Vinceb's Comment

Written on: 01/12/2010

I found this review not helpful because...
<br/>
<br/>1) The TF99 is not really capable of the advertised velocity and power. Virtually no other tests have seen the gun come close. I suspect that the reviewer is merely parroting manufacturer's claims, and doesn't have any real idea how hard the gun is actually shooting.
<br/>
<br/>2) "Most break action barrel rifles barrels bend" - not true at all. Reviewer is probably repeating unsubstantiated rumor or supposition. It is extremely unlikely that he is, again, not speaking from experience.
<br/>
<br/>The above items certainly call into question the credibility of his other comments.

☆☆☆☆☆

“Spend the extra money and buy quality, with better...”

Written on: 23/05/2008 by benjammin (1 review written)

Spend the extra money and buy quality, with better quality assurance and a company that will stand behind its product. i have definetly learned my lesson… Read Full Review

“My 1st review was based on a near tuned TF99 bought...”

Written on: 09/05/2008 by Sifu456 (61 reviews written)

My 1st review was based on a near tuned TF99 bought from
Compresco. As I gained more experience as to what a good air rifle was and how many are not TF99. I have changed my point of view of the TF99 and TF97 they are still durable basic air rifles capable of fair accuracy but are usually under powered compared to there hyped fps and fpe thats advertised.

Time has past these guns are no longer anywhere close to the best that China has to offer in air rifles they are middle of the road guns… Read Full Review

“I took the iron sights off and threw away the Tech...”

Written on: 23/10/2007 by igogg (1 review written)

I took the iron sights off and threw away the Tech Force scope, (it fell apart). I added a Winchester branded 4x air gun scope and have tried a large array of pellets. With a lot of tweaking, I've got it shooting well enough to have fun plinking with it but I'd sure never figure on winning a competition with it… Read Full Review

“I've had my Tech Force TF99 for about a month and have...”

Written on: 02/11/2005 by imax1971 (3 reviews written)

I've had my Tech Force TF99 for about a month and have shot about 800 pellets through it. The gun became more accurate after the break-in period of about 200 shots (just like the owners manual stated). Groups are now fairly consistent from 20 yards out. I don't have a chronograph and cannot attest to it's actual muzzle velocity, but I was about to shoot clean through a piece of concrete backboard (WonderBoard) from about 15 yards out using a Beeman 21g .22 pellet. I also shot right through a… Read Full Review

Dookietx's Response to imax1971's Review

Written on: 08/03/2007

How accurate and at what ranges?

“The Tech Force TF99 is one strong gun. I received my...”

Written on: 08/12/2004 by compulsive shooting disorder (1 review written)

The Tech Force TF99 is one strong gun. I received my Tech Force TF99 rifle about a week ago and was very excited to see how strong it was. So I went to the back yard to test the strength on a fence plank. I shot it with a Gamo Hunter and it went right through. The fps is very close to the advertised 900 (i was getting about 879). I got a scope and once i set it right I was hitting cans at about 32 yards dead center. (My back yard isn't so big so I haven't tried it from a father distance). I… Read Full Review

“Before I purchased my Tech Force TF99 in .22, I had...”

Written on: 03/12/2004 by DeerHuntFntc2 (4 reviews written)

Before I purchased my Tech Force TF99 in .22, I had read many reviews on here about this gun. Some were good, some were not so good. My TF99 turned out to be pretty good. When I first started shooting it, I found that I couldn't seem to get it sighted in. However, for some crazy reason, after taking the rear sight aperture all the way to the left, then all the way to the right, and then back to the center, I actually got this thing sighted in at 35 yards. I was actually hitting a water bottle… Read Full Review

“I read several advertisements and some reviews saying...”

Written on: 27/11/2004 by rivets (1 review written)

I read several advertisements and some reviews saying that the Tech Force TF99 is the (new and improved model and a better made airgun than has been coming from China). Since I purchased it I have been reading "some are good some are not so good, you just have to buy and keep trading till you find a good one" This I think is definitely the case...I got a bad one. A $180 Lemon. I don't think I feel like spending another $50-$140 for a 'tune or Super tune' to be let down again if this is TRUELY… Read Full Review

“I have owned a Tech Force TF99 for less than a year...”

Written on: 18/10/2004 by maleyoda (1 review written)

I have owned a Tech Force TF99 for less than a year and have shot between 4000 to 5000 pellets through the gun at this point. Most shots were done with two leather rest bags filled with ground corn cobs and a Hopps front adjustable bench rest on a stable eight foot picnic table. Used three different scopes, final scope TF 3 X 12. Four different experienced shooters tested the model TF99, no one was able to shoot the rifle consistently at 24 to 30 yards. Were able to get excellent results with… Read Full Review

Joelbarritt's Response to maleyoda's Review

Written on: 18/10/2004

What!?!?!? it’s unacceptable that Tech Force are selling a gun this dangerous.

Lix's Response to maleyoda's Review

Written on: 19/11/2005

Dear maleyoda,
<br>Thanks for your report of your incident and make people more cautious when handling this a tech force rifle. I was very lucky that I did not get hurt when a similar incident happened when I was loading a Tech Force TF 41 – I pulled my thumb out quick enough to escape the sever injury, but the side lever smash a piece of the stock off and a piece of the metal is broken from the side cocking lever – as a matter of fact – I am still waiting for the rifle to retune from its repairing. I wrote a letter to the vendor as follows:
<br>
<br>Enclosed you will find the Tech Force 41 that is not functional along with the following documents:
<br>1. The regional receipt from Compasseco
<br>2. The warranty slip
<br>3. $10.00 Check to cover the shipping.
<br>I have to report a serious problem: When the rifle was in a cocked position for loading the pellet on October 29, the piston cylinder was suddenly released, and it almost broke my two fingers that was in a position to insert the pellet. It also caused the damage to the side of the wood stock and the side level. After that, the rifle became dysfunctional – It just 3 days passed my 30 day return period, otherwise I would return it for different model. This air rifle supposedly has two mechanisms to ensure the safety – Please double check it.
<br>
<br>My friend suggested that I report this to NRA safety council, but I decided not to since I thought it is just accident, not the mechanism designing failure. But, I will record this incident in writing just in case. Please double check to ensure that there is no designing problem for this rifle for me and for the other people. I would rather having all my fingers than the having fun of plinking.
<br>
<br>Please do me a favor to remove the front sight, since I am using a scope for this rifle. If possible, please do some touch-ups on the wood stock (right side, the damage part). I hope this rifle can last long, and not the cheap crap – to be honest, I have hard time with my rifle experience – I bought a TF34- the rear sight was broken when I open the box – it is made of plastic – so I return. The cost adding up quick – Which one of the Tech force rifle is reliable, as repairperson, please give me some recommendations.

Craigalls's Response to maleyoda's Review

Written on: 28/09/2005

Don't Trust Mechanical Devices Period!!

D R Greysun's Response to maleyoda's Review

Written on: 24/10/2004

maleyoda,
<br>Sorry to hear of your mishap. I hope your lawsuit is successful. Retailers that sell this kind of JUNK should be held accountable!
<br>D R

“The Tech Force TF99 is one of the better values out...”

Written on: 20/09/2004 by Sifu456 (61 reviews written)

The Tech Force TF99 is one of the better values out there in the price range of $100 - $165, for magnum air rifles. This one had a nice finished stock and very smooth trigger with some crip, but not bad. It was rated 1100 fps and was very accurate and powerful, though it took a while to get the scope sighted in and find the best pellet for maximum accuracy.

The TF99 was able to make 55-65 yards shots on 6-inch shot gun sleet disk, consistently and on the spinning steel target had enough power… Read Full Review

D R Greysun's Response to Sifu456's Review

Written on: 24/10/2004

Sifu456,
<br>From my experience with the TF99 and other reviews.
<br>Goes to show the lack of quality control with the TF99. I would not recommend this rifle to anyone!
<br>D R

Sifu456's Response to Sifu456's Review

Written on: 17/12/2004

Maybe but this example is of good quality it even shoots close to the advertised fps 1000+ it is a nice rifle.
<br>
<br>But after research and buying a B20 it's not the best Chinese rifle for the money, unless you just have to have a underlever cocker or a barrel that doesn't move. I'd still lean toward a B21.
<br>
<br>You are right its QC varies of the 8 on the range only this one, shoots higher the 850-800fps.

“I'll just tell it like it is! With less than 500...”

Written on: 13/09/2004 by D R Greysun (10 reviews written)

I'll just tell it like it is! With less than 500 pellets shot thru my TF9922 the stock has cracked as has the trigger guard. I bought the combo with 3X12 AR scope. It will shoot POA at 10yds. and 1in high at 30yds. set at 3X only. Any higher setting and it shoots lower and lower. That's with all the elevation the scope has. Wadcutters shoot best, Crow Mags, like a rainbow!
Am I disappointed? Yes and no! I never expect much from China, I don't think all the hype comes from them. Did I get a dud?… Read Full Review

Bertie's Response to D R Greysun's Review

Written on: 13/09/2004

I think you've had a bit of a dog there friend. The previous review by Lawman really sung the gun's praises.
<br>Can't you get it exchanged? The cracked stock alone should be enough to warrant that.
<br>
<br>Hope you'll post again with better news....Bertie.

“bought a TF99M in .22 for a truck rifle. Something...”

Written on: 04/05/2004 by Lawdog (5 reviews written)

bought a TF99M in .22 for a truck rifle. Something that could be left in the truck and not have to worry about the cost. Turned out to be a much better rifle than I expected. I mounted a BSA 3-12x-44mm air rifle scope on it and the accuracy is as good as any of my higher dollar rifles. I found that this rifle prefers the premium grade pellets and will give velocity very close to what was advertised. Over my chronograph I am getting 889 fps. using 18.2 gr. Beeman Crow Magnum pellets(my… Read Full Review

Frjw's Response to Lawdog's Review

Written on: 08/06/2004

Thanks, Lawdog, for your time and thoughtful review of this product. You've helped me to make my decision.
<br>JW

“I have been around, own and shot many different ...”

Written on: 07/01/2004 by GIJOE (1 review written)

I have been around, own and shot many different fire-arms including .22's, shotguns and pistols but this is my first high power air rifle. I am saying this because I have little else to compare this rifle to other then these weapons and a Daisy Power Line 922 .22 caliber pump rifle which I have owned since I was 15. With that said, onto the review of the TF99. My rifle is a .177 caliber which was purchased in December of 2003 so, I beleive this is a newer and improved version of this gun… Read Full Review

Peter1505's Response to GIJOE's Review

Written on: 20/01/2004

I agree with your review sir. I own the .22 caliber version and experienced very similar breaking accuracy and improvement with a scope. I own a chrony and mine is pretty close to advertised velocity. My friend, who is a gunsmith, bought the .177 cal for his son, (xmas present) and it chrony'ed out to about 1000fps with mid weight pellet and about 1020-1023 with light pellets, which is really good actually. Since seldom does an airgun actually achieve it's advertised fps. I have good luck with a bi-pod for mine, and can hit just about anything inside of 30 yards, but by 40 yards you have some dropoff..about two inches, and I recently tested at 60 yards and the dropoff is a lot, but if you learn how to aim above the target, it seems to work well. As my rifle never really shoots left or right, it just has dropoff. 60 yards is about 8 inches-10 inches drop with a Gamo Hunter Pellet

“A quick update to my previous review on the TF99...”

Written on: 28/12/2003 by peter1505 (6 reviews written)

A quick update to my previous review on the TF99 Magnum, I have found that the scope I use, a Powerline 3-9x32, is only accurate from about 20 yards and further, sometimes accurate at 15 yards, but never closer. If anyone is having trouble with the rifle shooting too low while trying to sight it in at 10-15 yards, then move the target back and try adjusting it again.
Gamo Hunter rounds, for the .22 caliber TF99 work wonderfully, even at 30 yards. Whereas most other pellets I've shot are… Read Full Review

“Ok, the aestethics aren't that important, so lets skip...”

Written on: 21/12/2003 by peter1505 (6 reviews written)

Ok, the aestethics aren't that important, so lets skip the blemished stock. This rifle is a good rifle, especially for the money. It is often a disappointment to people who dont' take the time to break it in as the instructions say, or that haven't bought one since they released the improved versions that have been offered for awhile. Mostly it's those who dont' fire 200+ rounds to get the rifle broken in that complain about lack of velocity. I own a chronograph (you can buy them for about… Read Full Review

“I bought the TF99 because I was looking for a...”

Written on: 10/11/2003 by Mongojoe (2 reviews written)

I bought the TF99 because I was looking for a reasonably powerful air rifle in .22 caliber, at a moderate price. ...Personally, I feel that I got pretty much what I paid for. It is plenty accurate for hunting purposes with a good scope and a brand of pellet that it likes... Mine likes the RWS Super-H-Point, and it has the power to cleanly dispatch tree squirrels out to at least 30 yards or so. It may exhibit better accuracy with another brand/style of pellet, but after trying all the varieties… Read Full Review

“This isn't a bad rifle for the money. The problem...”

Written on: 30/03/2003 by dyno_spoid. (1 review written)

This isn't a bad rifle for the money. The problem with the cocking lever holder coming loose was rectified with some Locktite on the front screw. The accuracy problem was fixed by finding pellets the rifle liked (Daisy wadcutters in this particular case). It held a dime-sized group at 20 yards indoors, but had a flier every 5 shots or so. The spring-action requires a firm grip to hold the accuracy. The power is definitely overstated in many advertisements as 1100 fps, which is actually… Read Full Review

“I purchased one of the first of these air rifles, in...”

Written on: 12/03/2003 by Paul. (1 review written)

I purchased one of the first of these air rifles, in .22 caliber with a 2-7x32 scope.
I was attracted by the fixed barrel and the separate cocking lever, which should have contributed to accuracy.
After 300 rounds, I was unable to get groups smaller than 7 inches at 30 yards.
This was suprising, as my old Sheridan blue streak in .20 caliber would get smaller groups at half the price.
I also have had more satisfying accuracy from an inexpensive Chinese B3 in .177 caliber, which like the TF 99… Read Full Review

“I've only shot some 200 rds of .22 with this gun.. and...”

Written on: 29/10/2002 by Steled. (1 review written)

I've only shot some 200 rds of .22 with this gun.. and have not been able to adjust the sights properly ... The manual (hah!) doesn't provide any data on proper 'hard-sight' picture... and the increments of adjustment are abysmal! I'm going to get an optical sight ..and hope it works better. Also, it's penetration is at a 'bounce off level at 100' on a 3/4" plywood board... Instructions say it takes about 200+ rds to get it up tp speed... ? I hope so. Oh yes .. it does kill good… Read Full Review