Nuffield Health Reviews - www.nuffieldhealth.com

Nuffield Health www.nuffieldhealth.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Nuffield Health www.nuffieldhealth.com

Nuffield Health www.nuffieldhealth.com

“bad organisation”

Written on: 25/02/2015 by luDugan214 (1 review written)

at mout st marys college new nuffield health club club is nice looking but they keep u locked out until 6pm and some staff members from the club stare at u through windows there are classes before 6pm so it is stupid to have the doors shut at that time and there is no cafe near that venue… Read Full Review

“Wolverhampton”

Written on: 15/02/2015 by MohammedMyrick50 (1 review written)

Ive been a member here for many years now and this branch of Nuffield was previously a Virgin Active. I can't really say much about the brand however the gym its self is in some need of repair, The mens changing area is really outdated tiles loose/cracked, tvs in there are extremelly old and rarely get a picture on them. Parking its self is an absalute nightmare at peak times, people park all over the grass verges and foot paths, it really isn't ideal. They seem to be introducing more members… Read Full Review

Dear Customer,

Thank you for feeding back your experiences at the Nuffield Health Wolverhampton gym.
Your comments have been shared with the general manager of the centre so that he is aware of the positive and negative aspects of your membership.

As you are aware we have only recently taken over the club from the previous owners and we have been reviewing all aspects of the club to identify ways in which to improve it.

As part of the continued development of our brand we are refurbishing a number of our sites to reflect the latest trends in fitness and wellbeing. Over the next 12 months you will hopefully notice many positive changes to the Wolverhampton site.

Thank you once again for your critical feedback and for taking the time to review your experience on the Review Centre website.

“Service”

Written on: 13/02/2015 by EliasFanning458 (1 review written)

Please do not join once you join afterwards they say to cancel you have to make them aware a month in writing in advance .Initially you are told to cancel at any time after your membership period they take another month. Although a gym the personnel trainers are never there to advise you unless you pay seperatly for their service although they advertise please ask for guidance THe gym is not clean and very old… Read Full Review

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to hear that you have not been happy with your recent dealings with Nuffield Health. As part of our on boarding contract we make sure that all customers have the opportunity to fully read the contract before signing. Additionally, as with all contracts, we have a cooling off period where the customer can cancel before committing to the 12 months.

We pride ourselves on having one of the fairest contracts in the industry, this allows our customers to cancel should they lose their job through redundancy or freeze the contract due to illness. If you feel that the cancellation of your contract was not handled correctly please feel free to escalate the matter with your local general manager.

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience on the Review Centre website and I am sorry that in this instance you have not been happy with your experiences with us.

With kind regards

“Not good staff at all”

Written on: 10/02/2015 by dqSkinner391 (1 review written)

Receptionists they look bored, when ask question they seems not know what is happening in their work place and they are unpleasant. If I wouldn't pay on advance for classes wouldn't come back there again… Read Full Review

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience on the review centre website.

I am sorry that you have had what appears to be a number of sub-par experiences at your local Nuffield Health site. The receptionists at our sites are the face of the company and I apologise that you have not received the high quality service that we expect from our front of house team.

If you would like to have this investigated in further detail please feel free to speak to the general manager at your local Nuffield Health site or alternatively contact us via our main website via the supplied forms. Once we have identified where this has occurred we will ensure the team are re-trained in order to meet our expectations and high standards of customer service.

“Terrible Gym!”

Written on: 13/01/2015 by Kameronk417 (1 review written)

The gym itself has loads of equipment which is great but at the price, i'd say go to a different gym. Value for money is awful. Totally not worth half the price let along the actual price. If you're unfortunate enough to join this gym, good luck getting out of it. I was made redundant meaning i couldn't pay for it anymore. I emailed them with evidence and a month later they're asking me for payment... Apparently my evidence wasn't sufficient enough, you would think that they would tell you this… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/02/2015

Dear customer,
Thank you for taking the time to review Nuffield Health.

We are sorry that you feel that you have not had value for money during the time you were a member of our clubs. When customers are unhappy with their general experience we recommend that you speak to the management who can identify ways to improve your experience through immediate action.

Regarding the contract, we believe that we have one of the fairest and most transparent contract policies in the industry. With sufficient proof we will terminate a contract for reasons of redundancies and illness with sufficient proof. If you feel that the contract notice that you gave was not correctly handled we would like to invite you to feedback via the main Nuffield Health contact portal. We can then investigate this further on your behalf to determine what went wrong.

We would like to apologise that you feel that your experience has not met our high standards and welcome your further comments so that we can hopefully determine how we can improve in this instance.

“Nuffield Nottingham”

Written on: 03/01/2015 by MikePowis (1 review written)

A small health and fitness centre with helpful staff and good relaxation facilities, it is badly let down by under-investment on the gym floor and being over-subscribed. The staff and management do their best but seem hamstrung by head office who want the centre to be all things to all people.. yet seem reluctant to put any money in. As a consequence the staff are excellent, customer service is good but the product offer itself is very disappointing. Popular with women, older people and… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/02/2015

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to review you experiences of the Nuffield Health Nottingham Fitness and Wellbeing centre.

I am sorry to hear that on the whole you have been disappointed with your overall experience of our facilities. You are clearly a loyal and frequent customer and as such we take this feedback extremely seriously.

All the points that you have made (both Negative and positive) will be fed back to the general manager of the site, as well as the central operations team. You are more than welcome to speak to general manager directly if you would like clarification on what future plans for the site are.

Our portfolio in general is undergoing refurbishment to better equip our centres to meet the needs of a continually changing fitness industry and constructive feedback like your own will help us determine what areas of development the Nottingham centre needs to keep our membership happy.

Once again on behalf of Nuffield Health I would like to thank you for taking the time to critique the Nottingham Nuffield Health and Wellbeing centre.

Nuffield Health consumer care team

“Rip off ”

Written on: 02/01/2015 by Clarkin8 (1 review written)

My advise don't join here!!! My twin daughters joined, then my one daughter went to uni she was told to send proof of new address which she did, in September they claimed they never received it. So she emailed them waited again paid another month, phoned up they hadn't received it so sent it again payed another month said they would phone her back, no phone call, eventually I told her to cancel D/D then they get in touch. Nasty letter arrives so I take the proof of moving to uni in myself, they… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/01/2015

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review for our Birmingham Broadway Plaza Site. I apologise not only on Birmingham’s behalf but also Nuffield Health as a whole, about the lack of customer service and communication you had to deal with while being loyal members of our gym. We are consistently trying to improve our services, making the Nuffield Journey as a member as joyful and uncomplicated as possible, and with feedback such as yours, we are able to amend on areas which need prompt attention and improvement.

If you would like take further action, please can I advise speaking to the General Manager of the Birmingham site who will be able to investigate this for you. We are sorry to hear we have lost members as a result of this and thank you again for offering your feedback on the Review Centre.

Kindest Regards,
Jessica Nuffield Health Consumer Care department

“Abysmal”

Written on: 21/12/2014 by MalikChilders478 (1 review written)

Joined Greens and Nuffield took over a couple of years ago. Steady decline in quality instructors classes and general gym management at Gosforth Newcastle gym. Where do I start? Gym manager anonymous has no profile on the floor. Staff avoid eye contact and I Have to repeatedly give my name to book classes after 8years membership. Gym business plan seems to run it for worried well Mon-Fri 9-1then do the minimum. WhenGreens ran the gym there were classes for all. Terrible gym!… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/12/2014

Dear Member,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback your experiences at the Gosforth fitness and wellbeing club. I am very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the facilities and the way that the gym is being run in general.

I will be feeding back your experiences to the central operations team whom will investigate and take appropriate action where necessary. I am more than happy to also answer some of the points that you have mentioned. With regards to session booking we do indeed operate a first come/first serve basis and we cannot unfortunately offer preference to certain members. This decision has been made based upon situations where members have pre-booked classes long in advance to then non-attend, therefore stopping another member from taking their place and enjoying our more popular class offerings.

We would like to offer you the chance to speak to the general manager next time you’re in (with whom we have also shared your feedback). He will also be more than happy to speak to you with regards to the points you have raised.

We are sorry that you are not happy with your membership at present and will be feeding back all points you have raised to better improve our service delivery. Thank you once again for taking the time to share your feedback via the review centre website.

Regards,

“Hate them”

Written on: 08/12/2014 by AlijahMcCabe1988 (1 review written)

The management are the worse we have seen. Do yourself a favour , avoid these scumbags… Read Full Review

Written on: 08/12/2014

Hi,

We are sorry to hear that you are currently unhappy with the service we have provided. If possible we would invite you to raise you concerns with your local site's General Manager the next time you visit us. Alternatively please contact us via our website where we will be more than happy to investigate your concerns in more detail.

We apologise that you have had a bad experience with us and would like to thank you for taking the time to address your concerns via the Review Centre Website.

Nuffield Health Consumer Care

“Absolutely shocking service-no loyalty shown”

Written on: 25/11/2014 by EvelinStokes (1 review written)

Shocking service and tretment of exising members, better deals given to new joiners (as you can imagine) They will eek evry last penny out of you and tie you in to a confusing contract. I enjoyed paying a premium but when a new gym opned at £45 cheaper a month it was a no brainer to leave. I got an offer from Nufield to reduce my membership by £1-cheers then! No thanks… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/11/2014

Dear Ms Stokes,

We are sorry to hear that you are leaving our chain, additionally I would like to apologise for the fact that you felt that you were receiving an inferior service compared to our new members. I would like to confirm that any pricing offered to new members is then replicated when existing members contracts are renewed. We value our long term members and I am sorry that in this instance you felt that your long-term advocacy of the brand was not sufficiently honoured.

We take all feedback such as this very seriously and would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention. All feedback both negative and positive is shared with our senior management to determine ways of better ensuring customer retention.

If you have any further feedback to give you are welcome to speak to the local general manager. Alternatively please feel free to contact our team via the Nuffield Health website.

Nuffield Health Consumer Care department

“My wife was treated in Essex Nuffield Hospital,...”

Written on: 23/11/2014 by maxim.yanvarev (3 reviews written)

My wife was treated in Essex Nuffield Hospital, Brentwood. That was just terrible!!  To have a tea of food I had to go and keep asking them as nobody was care. They couldn't take a blood properly, they didn't know how to make IV! When she was back from the theater there were numbers of air bubbles and nurse can't see a problem. When I pointed, she started making a backflush buy pushing bubbles back with the blood from vein! However, when anesthesiologist (he was the only one who comming to us)… Read Full Review

Written on: 03/12/2014

Dear Mr Yanvarev,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review regarding your recent experiences at the Nuffield Hospital, Brentwood. We are very sorry to hear that you were not happy with your wife's recent treatment and would like to invite you to contact us via the feedback portal on out Nuffield Health website.

Once we have received your details via our feedback form we will then immediately escalate your experience to the hospital director, so that he could undertake a full and thorough review of what happened. On behalf of Nuffield Health I would like to apologise for any upset and anxiety that your recent experience has caused.

Nuffield Health Consumer Care

“Nuffield Barrow in Furness”

Written on: 22/10/2014 by Natalee233 (1 review written)

When I cancelled my membership they said they didn't recieve letter and then bullying by threatening with debt collector if I didn't pay for month, Will never go back… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/11/2014

Dear Natalee,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback on the review centre website. To confirm, we operate a 28 day notice period for the termination of a contract. In order to terminate a contract with us we require notice in writing to the management to begin the process. If there is less than 28 days between the termination of contract and the next direct debit you will be charged for the following month, whilst still being able to access the on-site facilities.

If you feel that you followed procedure and that the above statement is not correct you are more than welcome to have the clubs management investigate this further.

We are sorry if you believe that we you have been charged unfairly, but we will be more than willing to re-investigate your case should you want the charges contested.

With Regards,

Nuffield Health Consumer Care

“Very Poor Service at NuffieldHealth Gym Birmingham...”

Written on: 20/10/2014 by NigelBurbidge (1 review written)

After compliaing 5 tiems on various issues I have begun to place my comments concerning Nuffield Health Gym Birmingham as I have no repones from them with 3 out 5 issues. Today Monday 20th October 2014 - Arrived at the gym to find that the 6.45 am class new the "Grid" had been cancelled. This is the second time in two months that the 6.45 am class had been cancelled. However While I was writing my complaint at the reception the receptionist said to a customer who they must of known queit well… Read Full Review

Written on: 03/12/2014

Dear Mr Burbidge,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience on the Review Centre website.

I have immediately escalated this to the general manager of the Birmingham Central gym, who shared our concern at these experiences you recently had. He has advised that he has been in contact with you regarding this, but would be more than happy to speak to you in further detail to ensure that the issues you have raised have been effectively dealt with.

On behalf of Nuffield Health I would like to apologise for the problems you have experienced and for taking the time to escalate these concerns via this web platform.

“Nuffield Gym Yeovil”

Written on: 14/09/2014

Used to be with David Lloyd but there aren't any in South Somerset where I recently moved, so joined Nuffield in Yeovil (the alternatives are the local leisure centre or the numerous 'gyms-in-a-shed'). Oh dear! What an eye opener. Oversubscribed with poorly maintained rusty equipment which you often can't get on during peak times. Visit off-peak and it just about works out, but why should I? TV's don't work. Overcrowded pool. Questionable hygiene. Tired changing rooms. However, the staff are… Read Full Review

Written on: 17/09/2014

Dear Customer,

Thank you for the feedback in regards to your experiences at our Yeovil Fitness and Wellbeing centre.

I will be sharing this feedback with the general manager in order to review what can be done to better improve your experience and that of your fellow gym members. I will also be sharing the positive sentiment you have given regarding the team members on site.

We are constantly updating our equipment and facilities and as such feedback like yours helps us identify areas of priorities. Regarding other areas, such as cleanliness, we would recommend that you speak to a member of the duty team who will be more than happy to take action on things that are causing you immediate cause for concern.

On behalf of Nuffield Health thank you for taking the time to feedback your experiences.

Nuffield Health consumer care department

“Budget at best!”

Written on: 19/08/2014 by LarissaMerritt (1 review written)

What can be said about the Nuffield Wellbeing at Cottingley that is positive? nice grounds? The place is in a constant state of disrepair - leaks at the first sign of rain. Equipment is seriously out dated by modern health club standards - most annoying when the gym is so expensive. People may say leave - but it is the only gym with a family membership and a pool in the area. The fitness staff are essentially a bunch of young boys who assume that being mute is all part of the service -… Read Full Review

Written on: 10/09/2014

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this constructive feedback, regarding the Cottingley Fitness and Wellbeing centre. I have spoken to the GM and he would very much like to address you concerns personally, in order to ensure that we don't lose your custom. When you are in the club next please feel free to request to speak to the general manager, or his duty management team, and they can address the issues that you have made light of in your review.

On behalf of Nuffield Health, may I apologise for the fact that on these occasions we have not met the very high standards that we aim for in our Fitness and Wellbeing centres.

Nuffield Health Consumer Care

“Cottingley Health and Safety!”

Written on: 29/07/2014 by Philip25 (1 review written)

I now have membership at all of the Nuffield clubs and the safety here is very poor unlike the other pools. The wires from the pedestal lights as you approach the entrance are sticking out of the ground as you approach where they have been knocked over. There are lifeguard(s)but where they sit is behind the line of very thick pillars meaning that areas of the pool are not visible. Neither is much of the spa area and the mirror that covers the plunge pool is missing. No one checks the sauna or… Read Full Review

Written on: 10/09/2014

Dear Philip25,

We take all matters of health and safety extremely seriously, we have alerted the club to the matters that you have raised and they will be investigating this on an individual basis. If you feel that the matters that you have raised in this review are still outstanding, please feel free to request to speak to a member of the management team to re-raise the concerns you have regarding any of the in-house facilities.

Our facilities are under constant assessment both by ourselves and our cleaning staff and we are constantly improving our facilities based on the feedback of members such as yourself.

On behalf of Nuffield Health, may I apologise for any inconvenience this has caused as well as thank you for bringing these matters to our attention through your constructive feedback.

Nuffield Health Customer Care

Sirwalterf's Comment

Written on: 02/10/2014

I visited this centre twice last week both during the kids swimming time: Mon pm and Sun am. The wheelchair is secure and the bare wires are now buried. On both occasions though the level of life guards' supervision was still very poor exactly the same issues: two guards chatting together, sat on rescue equipment, right in front of fire exit, behind pillars. Very sloppy indeed. It seems crazy to reduce the level of supervision to such an extent at kids' swim time. the sign in the ladies's changing room says that the pool is supervised at all times: clearly not the case. Mirror for visibility around the corner into another pool area still missing. Still no locks on ladies' toilet. Tried to speak to manager - too busy was offered a comment card instead.

I use several other Nuffield pools in the N of England and David LLoyd too. This problem doesn't happen anywhere else.

Written on: 04/10/2014

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. We do ensure that the pool is supervised at all times. So I am extremely disappointed to hear of these occurrences. I will be feeding this back to the general manager so that he can re-advise as per business guidelines. Regarding speaking to the manager directly please call the centre or our central office and they can put you in touch with the General or Duty manager immediately in order for them to personally address your areas of concern regarding the in-house facilities.

On behalf of Nuffield Health thank you for taking the time to provide this additional feedback regarding the Cottingley fitness and wellbeing centre.

Report this review Read 3 Comments Read Verified Business Response

“Lie about allowing guests in”

Written on: 21/07/2014 by Josh_k (1 review written)

When i signed up i was told i could bring guests in as i often have family visiting. I was told all i need is a guest pass which i can get from the desk. Now i am wanting to use it they are trying to make my guest pay £20!! They said i need a guest pass for it to be free. I how to get one, they said i need to get it from the front desk. The desk told me i needed to get it when i signed up and now i have signed up i cannot get any more. Confused?? i am!!!… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/09/2014

Hi,

We are very sorry to hear about this negative experience that you have had at one of our fitness and wellbeing centres. We try to make our guest pass process as clear as possible during the sign up period and we are sorry that this was not properly communicated at the time of sign off. We will re-communicate this process to our managers to ensure that such an experience is not repeated.

Thank you for taking the time to bring this issue to our attention. If you would like further action taken please contact the site and a member of the management team will look into this further for you.

Benjamin
Customer Care team - Nuffield Health

“Overpriced, terrible customer service newcastle!”

Written on: 23/06/2014 by zed187 (1 review written)

Who in the right mind would pay £50 per month for this gym!? At first a friend recommended it because its out of the way and less busy gym, first of all it can get full and it's quite annoying because there's only one of everything in the main weight room. The place has dustballs the size of my fist. The staff are rude non sensitive people, honestly I've never been able to have a longer conversation than 2 minutes with any of them. BEWARE! They tricked me into signing a 12 month contract when… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/09/2014

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback your experience with the Gosforth Fitness and Wellbeing centre. We are very disappointed to hear of your experiences with the club, including the lack of customer service shown to you.

At Nuffield we aim to be 'top of class' in the Health and Wellbeing business and as such your feedback will be presented to the general manager both for investigation and further improvement in staff training.

I would like to apologise that on a number of occasions you did not receive the exceptional service we expect from our employees and hope that in the future you may re-examine your patronage of our gym network.

Once again thank you for taking the time to provide this honest feedback regarding your experiences.

“Absolutely dreadful!”

Written on: 17/06/2014 by ManuelBeck (1 review written)

I have been a member of Cottingley Nuffield Health for a few years, and it is awful! They constantly run out of towels, the whole place is filthy, they do no maintenance on the building and so water often pours in through the leaky roof or windows! The machines seem to be the cast offs from other clubs that have got new ones, so they are hardly good quality! When 3 machines I wanted to use were out of order plus the air conditioning was broken resulting in me nearly fainting because of the… Read Full Review

Nuffield_Health's Comment

Written on: 23/12/2014

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on your experiences at the Cottingley fitness and wellbeing club. On behalf of the team onsite and the Company as a whole, we apologize for the issues raised within your review. It is, by high importance, that I have highlighted and escalated these issue to the General Manager onsite.

We value your feedback and are disappointed in the experience you’ve had at our gym, but most importantly the Customer Service you have received from the team.

We are sorry that you are not happy with your membership at present and will be feeding back all the points raised today to improve our service delivery. Thank you once again for taking the time to share your feedback via the review centre website.

Jessica

“up the game please ”

Written on: 14/06/2014 by Bradshaw93 (1 review written)

I joined bishops Stortford gym because it is convenient and has good facilities ie after work out sauna steam swimming pool etc so those are the good points .The bad points are that cleanliness is an issue ie sauna has chewing gum and rolled up tissue stuck between the wooden seats .I have asked on several occasions for it to be cleaned but to no avail . The muscle posers and the like walk around with there up to date ear phones sit on a machine and stay there fiddling with their ipods as if… Read Full Review

Nuffield_Health's Comment

Written on: 23/12/2014

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback for the Bishops Stortford fitness and wellbeing gym. You have made light of some definite room for improvement at our site and I will be in close contact with the Duty Managers to make sure the customer/client needs are satisfied and met.

We work hard to make sure that the cleanliness of our gyms are kept to a very high standard, so when these levels are not maintained, it is greatly appreciated when members such as yourself make us aware, so immediate improvement can be made.

Thank you again for your feedback and honesty in your review.

Jessica