Leisure GR6GVKP Gas Cooker Reviews

• Service & Support

Leisure GR6GVKP Gas Cooker - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Leisure GR6GVKP Gas Cooker

Leisure GR6GVKP Gas Cooker

“Although a very nice looking cooker, it feels a little...”

Written on: 17/03/2011

Although a very nice looking cooker, it feels a little bit cheap. Not sure if this is to do with any gas ovens, but it does not heat up properly and you can't make a nice roast dinner. We have not been able to use the top and bottom oven together as the top oven kept switching off (sometimes without us realising it!). Already had to call service because the grill ignition broke and 2 knobs had to be replaced....
Would not recommend it.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 25/06/2011

I have to agree with this review. I purchased my cooker in December and have had it 'repaired' three times for the top and bottom ovens. Each time the faults returned. I could not use the top oven at all because of it's unreliability. I will be asking for a refund as I have no intention of buying a Leisure cooker again.

Leisure GR6GVKP Gas Cooker

“I would recommend Jual Domestics (the supplier) but...”

Written on: 02/08/2010

I would recommend Jual Domestics (the supplier) but not the product. Having read wonderful reviews about the Leisure GR6GVKP Gas Cooker, I thought this is the one for me. Having now had the cooker for 3 months, I have to say it's the worst cooker I have ever had. The ovens do not heat to the right temperature, so if a recipe says cook on gas 6 for 30 minutes then you have to cook it for near on 60 minutes and that is both ovens. The grill has two settings - on and off, if you try to turn… Read Full Review

Essevee's Comment

Written on: 30/11/2010

I found this review very helpful because...everything is as you describe. There is clearly a design fault with the ovens, I have tested them independently with dedicated oven thermometers and the highest I could get to was gas mark 7...that's your Yorkshires ruined! I am very wary of positive reviews of this cooker as it certainly has not been my experience. Would I recommend - certainly not. An engineer told me that as they are made in Turkey by BEKO (don't know if that's true), the company has achieved phenomenal growth in terms of the numbers of units produced but it seems at the expense of quality...is anything built to last these days? no! but built to work a bit right for a while would be nice!

Guest's Comment

Written on: 03/06/2011

This is my experience too. The thermostat is located at the top of the oven, however the food is obviously cooked lower down. The engineer showed me a difference of 70 deg C from the top of the oven to the only shelf in the small top oven. Don't buy if you are a cook.