Hotpoint SE89PGX Reviews

• Service & Support

Hotpoint SE89PGX - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Hotpoint SE89PGX

“Very disappointed”

Written on: 04/03/2012 by Sylva0 (2 reviews written)

I had problems right from the start - on a regular basis the oven cooked it's own circuit boards - this happened 5 times although hotpoint denied there was a fault with the design. On the sixth breakdown I decided to get rid of it even though it was only 5 years old. I was very dissapointed with both the cooker and the customer service I experienced - I would not advise anyone to buy a hotpoint cooker… Read Full Review

Hotpoint SE89PGX

“This oven is prone to spontaneously adjusting its...”

Written on: 29/09/2010

This oven is prone to spontaneously adjusting its preset temperature, or even switching itself off, when you open and close the oven door. This has resulted in several nearly-ruined meals when it was not noticed that the oven had switched off or turned itself down from 200 to 180 degrees.

Furthermore, we had to have the door switch/catch repaired under warranty not long after we got it.

And the digital clock seems to be capable of losing five minutes in the course of a couple of weeks, when… Read Full Review

Hotpoint SE89PGX

“Have had four of these ovens in 2 years. On each...”

Written on: 30/07/2010 by customersmatter (1 review written)

Have had four of these ovens in 2 years. On each occassion after using the pyrolytic cleaning function the enamel has started to flake off. On each occassion Hotpoint have replaced with same model and same problem has occurred.

Hotpoint say this hasn't happened to anyone else but I have had four that have all developed the same problem. The enamel flakes off and the fan then blows it onto the food that is cooking in the oven. My daughter cut the inside of her mouth on a piece of the enamel… Read Full Review

Johnniep's Response to customersmatter's Review

Written on: 10/12/2010

I found this review very helpful because...I had shortlisted this oven for my new kitchen but couldn't find any reviews. I won't be bothering with this appliance now!

Customersmatter's Response to customersmatter's Review

Written on: 17/02/2012

So glad to see that someone else has experienced the same problem with their Hotpoint Oven. Hotpoint customer services started to get quite funny with me after the second replacement, i.e. not returning phone calls; keeping me waiting on the end of the phone (at my expense) for up to 40 minutes at a time; passing me round to different people who would then say they couldn't help and then cutting the line after me holding for 25 minutes; saying they would call me back and then not bothering etc. In finality, after 5 models all with the same problem Hotpoint sent me a refund but insisted that before they could do this they needed the original receipt despite the fact they had replaced it over and over again. They seem disinterested in getting to the root of the problem and rather more intent on giving disatisfied customers the run around.

Guest's Response to customersmatter's Review

Written on: 16/02/2012

This has also happened to my mother who purchased this oven in April 2010. She is now onto her second oven. Hotpoint have been great in replacing the oven but the problem persists. This is more than a one off!!!!!!