Karcher K5.55M Reviews

Karcher K5.55M - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Karcher K5.55M

Karcher K5.55M

“Made of Reconstituted Cucumber!”

Written on: 17/04/2014 by Crossharp (1 review written)

Started 'pulsating' at 367 days old. Service centre (Karcher Store Consumable Products, Newtownards, County Down) didn't want to know until, as above, my wife contacted Karcher to find there was a 2 year warranty! They should have told their service centres. However, at about 2.5 years it failed again. I replaced the cylinder head (apparently the most common fault) to no effect. Replaced as many 'o-rings' as I could fing - you guessed it! Anyone want a brute of a motor to hold a large door… Read Full Review

“CRAP!!!!”

Written on: 28/02/2014 by loz1982 (1 review written)

Went back to karcher 3 times with pressure loss.After only a short time would have same problem again.Would never bye another.Stay away from Karcher… Read Full Review

Karcher K5.55M

“Karcher pressure washer review”

Written on: 06/02/2013

The pulsing started last summer when the machine was 18 months old. The paperwork said 12 months warranty. In disgust I put the machine away with intention of scrapping it then I had a flush of desperation and emailed Karcher. Their response was: Thank you for your recent email, what date in January did you purchase the unit, any machine purchased after the 1st Jan 2011 came with a 2 year warranty, if the machine is still in warranty we can arrange collection upon receipt of the receipt of… Read Full Review

Karcher K5.55M

“complete waste of money”

Written on: 08/01/2013 by chippy1959 (1 review written)

A FRIEND AND I BOTH BOUGHT THIS MACHINE AND BOTH HAVETHE SAME PROBLEM WILL LOOK FOR DIFFERENT MAKE NOW COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY… Read Full Review

“load of RUBBISH”

Written on: 20/03/2012 by robotrobo (1 review written)

i have used this karcher for less than 20 hours k5.55 what a load of RUBBISH i have bought again , it is pulsating like everyone elses , what do i do get it repaired ? , no reading this forum i am going to bite the bullet & never buy another karcher & look for som e other make . ALL YOU GUYS LOOKING FOR A POWER WASHER BE WARNED NEVER BUY A KARCHER YOU WILL BE WASTEING YOUR MONEY , BE WARNED… Read Full Review

Ralphlewis's Response to robotrobo's Review

Written on: 26/09/2013

I agree. Mine was a similarly pulsating load of rubbish. Get it repaired, excellent for a short while then the problem returns. I thought that the fault was because my supply hose was inadequate, so I bought the suction hose to deliver water from my rain water storage tank, but it still pulsed then it stopped working altogether after a short while. The number of times that you need to use a machine like this domestically is small - it should last a life time.

Ralphlewis's reply to Ralphlewis's Comment

Written on: 21/10/2013

I wish to withdraw my criticism of Karcher. I completely mis-diagnosed the problem. My repairer sorted it immediately. The pulsing is caused by blocked nozzles. If you are in a hard water area and use your machine infrequently they can easily become blocked with chalk deposits. I was misled because two attachments got blocked simultaneously. I hope that this helps. The Karcher literature does not suggest this in their trouble shooting guide.

“Same Problem”

Written on: 18/03/2012 by scooke (1 review written)

I have experience the same with my washer. At the start is was perfect but then it all went wrong! After about 18 months the power went and all I get is this pulsating supply of water. I have had a quote to get it repaired and this came in at £240.00 as it needs a new pump. As it is out of warrenty I can't afford to get it fixed. I will never buy a karcher agian either. Karcher don't care in the slightest as they are a very big company and we simply are not important to them… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to scooke's Review

Written on: 17/06/2012

i to had the same problem with the k5.55 reg it suddenly pulsating, like you all karcher were so unhelpfull quoting me 96 pounds just to look at it, and not interested in me quoting this particular model having read all the blogs, have aquired the same problem, which i concluded must be a manufacturing problem, which they would not accept, after many e mails and phone calls, saying i am taking it to the highest level, including going public to the media, i rec an e mail to say they would collect the machine, at no cost to myself and look at the problem, 5 days later i rec an e mail to say they have concluded that it is a manufacturing fault, and they will repair free of charge, so i say to you all who have experianced the same problem, to contact karcher again and insist that they have agreed there was a manufacturing fault with the k5.55 and it is there duty to fix the problem.

Karcher K5.55M

“Karcher K5.55m motor pulsating”

Written on: 08/02/2012

Brought this pressure washer about 18mth ago working fine at first about 4 months ago it started losing pressure then the motor starting pulsating. its that powerful you can put your hand in front of the lance without it being a problem what a load of rubbish never buy another one… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 24/02/2012

You've just put me off Karcher, thanks for the advice I was about to buy one this weekend...Hope Karcher is listening!

Karcher K5.55M

“I've had the same problem with 5.55s. The first lasted...”

Written on: 27/02/2011

I've had the same problem with 5.55s. The first lasted some time but reeated repairs were unable to fix problems. When it finally failed, there was an offer on a new one with all of the tools. It failed during warranty and Robert Dyas replaced it completely. It is only about 18 months old now and will not switch on. I won't buy another, whatever the offer… Read Full Review

Karcher K5.55M

“I`ve had 3 Karcher pressure washers and I should have...”

Written on: 07/02/2011

I`ve had 3 Karcher pressure washers and I should have learnt my lesson by now. Every one has developed the same problem and every time Karcher fob you off saying it`s not an inherent fault. My last one cost £200 (k5.55) and lasted 18 months of which I used it approx 18 times. They e-mail you the same air lock rubbish every time. They make out they are one of the better brands but don`t believe it I will never ever buy one again… Read Full Review

Karcher K5.55M

“THE WASHER WAS EXCELLENT UNTIL IT BROKE AFTER...”

Written on: 20/07/2010

THE WASHER WAS EXCELLENT UNTIL IT BROKE AFTER APPROXIMATELY 25 HOURS NORMAL DOMESTIC USE (AND WAS OUT OF WARRANTY). KARCHER ACCEPTED NO RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER AND ITS APPROVED REPAIRER TOOK APPROXIMATELY 6 WEEKS TO GET IT REPAIRED (SUPPOSEDLY DUE TO THE DELAY IN RECEIVING A KARCHER SPARE PART. I WILL NOW NEITHER BUY OR RECOMMEND KARCHER PRESSURE WASHERS… Read Full Review

Ag St Albans's Comment

Written on: 18/10/2010

I found this review not helpful because the product is given 5 stars as an overall rating and only one star for value for money. Cannot see how it gets 5 stars if the contributor would not recommend Karcher Pressure Washers. Probably a typing error if not disregard the review as it is illogical.

Hugo Innell's Comment

Written on: 01/11/2010

I also bought a Karcher K5.55 ( Aug. 08 ) , which has developed the ' PULSING ' problem which seems to commonly occur , mine also has only had about 25 hours domestic use ! Annoyingly I took the word of the till assistant at Focus as gospel when they said it had a 1 year warranty and then was told today by Karcher U.K that it came with a two year warranty , if I had known this I would have done something about it nearly 1 year ago when it first started to play up !
<br/>The performance of the K5.55 is impressive but not necessarily a major improvement on my old basic &pound; 50 model ( handbag size & only 1400w ) which was also used many a time for work . What has been noticeable is how well some of the k5.55's attachments work , notably the T200 Patio cleaner , my little &pound;50 model would have loved to have been hooked up to it .
<br/>The repair people who Karcher have put me in contact with , seem to know these machines inside out and almost as importantly are very proud to work with this brand , that says something to me .
<br/>I'm not thrilled about having to spend up to &pound; 100 fixing mine , but after the sterling service my first one gave me , I am keeping faith with this brand ( for now ) . Maybe I've been unlucky this time round .
<br/>If the repairs last the test of time , hopefully longer than a mere 25 hours , then I see no reason why I would consider another brand of pressure washer .
<br/>What does baffle & annoy me in equal measures , is the ridiculously large range of pressure washers which they produce ! This seems unnecessarily confusing , blurs the line between their ' cutting edge ' products and older superseded models , in turn , dressing up in slightly different clothes what are essentially the same specification machines must add to their own costs , which in turn are passed onto the customer . Maybe they should take a note out of Henry T Ford's book .