Nivea Protect & Bronze Reviews

• Water Resistance

Nivea Protect and Bronze - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Nivea Protect and Bronze

“Sensitive eyes”

Written on: 27/03/2014 by Myka (1 review written)

If you are prone to anything NEAR your eye which could cause them to tear continuously, do NOT use this product! BE WARNED!… Read Full Review

“Does the job”

Written on: 24/04/2013

AS it says above,it does the job it suposed to,but allso use soltan which is cheaper and has better uv rating.Both as good as each other… Read Full Review

Nivea Protect and Bronze

“I loved it throughout summer great colour and no burn...”

Written on: 11/03/2013

I purchased it in italy wish i could get here in Australia I used it throughout this summer and did not burn after 2 hours each day in the sun I was a great colour.Its non sticky doesn't burn the eyes if you sweat a bit with exercise and smells great. Congratulations nivea… Read Full Review

“Yep, it works!”

Written on: 12/08/2012

I always have my doubts about products like this, but, like most Nivea products, it works! Okay, if you have fair skin,like me, it won't give you a deep tan, but it will give you a better glow than you are used too and I used the f30! I didn't burn once. Happy… Read Full Review

Nivea Protect and Bronze

“First thing I thought when I applied this product is...”

Written on: 01/09/2010

First thing I thought when I applied this product is that it's rather thick and a bit sticky, but expected of a 50spf sunblock. However it was easy to apply, and didn't immediately wash off in the water.
To those people who use SPF 10 or 20 because they 'want to tan': Don't. I still tanned a LOT using this creme for a week. I think I actually tanned more than last year when I was using SPF15 tanning oil. I don't know whether its because of this added 'melanin booster', but I didn't burn once… Read Full Review

Jo Weston's Comment

Written on: 06/09/2010

I found this review very helpful because I tried Nivea Protect and Bronze for the first time this summer, and have the best tan I ever had. Normally I go sort of reddish even though I am dark, but this time a real bronze tan. Couldn't quite believe it wasn't coincidence, or becasue I tried harder or it was sunnier ... so wanted to see from other people that it really works! It does!

Nivea Protect and Bronze

“Nivea protect and bronze claims sun protection factor...”

Written on: 25/08/2010

Nivea protect and bronze claims sun protection factor that boosts melanin formation in skin...with no self tan. well I have to say Im very impressed.
I have fair skin,auburn hair and freckles and almost never tan. Although after using this product for 1 week in portugal I have came home with a lovely light golden tan, with tan lines!
The texture of the product is light, non-greasy and stays on well even after swimming, although i usually apply extra after coming out of the water anyway. Only… Read Full Review

Nivea Protect and Bronze

“This product says no fake tan, yet my boyfriend and I...”

Written on: 12/08/2010

This product says no fake tan, yet my boyfriend and I had orange hands, which was embarrasing.
There are no different usage directions on the bottle to regular suncream.
It was moisturising and did a good job at protecting from sun, but orange hands are not a good look… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 13/06/2011

Self tanning lotion uses a specific ingredient to alter the colour of the skin, much like a hair colourant. However, this product does not use a colouring ingredient, instead it mimics the sun's UV effect of stimulating the melatonin and creating a tan. There should be no orange hands unless you were using another product also...

Written on: 23/09/2014

Yes we both got staining in finger webs; noticed later than evening. Excellent product for us though.

Gunung's Comment

Written on: 13/07/2012

I also must respond to that claim about orange stained hands from using this product, because I was looking for reviews before buying this product and saw this warning review early on. It nearly put me off buying the product, and when I did give it a go I was understandably cautious and kept checking my hands several hours after applications to see if the claim had any validity.

Well, now I suggest that you treat that person's review with plenty of healthy skepticism because I've applied this cream over 10 times now while on holiday, in large amounts, without washing my hands while in the sun and there are no staining of the hands whatsoever, of any colour. Given that this - "We both got orange hands" warning is the only report of its kind in relation to using this product that I've read (all others are positive), I suggest that review could even even be a rival company posing here as a 'concerned couple'.

As the product states, this does not contain a self tanner, so it is not going to 'create' a tan in areas which don't actually tan (palms of hands, etc) and my experience thus far, shows that. As for the 'booster' claim, it's hard to be 100% certain at the moment because I already had a tan before buying this product, from several months travelling in Asia (where I have bought this product). I bought the cream for the SPF20 really as I'm back on tropical beaches now, but the booster claim was a bonus I thought I'd give a try.

As I say, hard to be 100% sure because I already had a fairly strong tan until hitting the beach again, but noticing the tone in comparison to other people around, yes it does have a nice even golden bronze after several uses and recent sun time, which likely may be the 'assisting' agent doing its thing.

My only suggestion to the company Nivea is to change that bronze cap on the bottle design because my first thought upon seeing it in the shop was that it was another one of those sun creams with a gradual self tanning agent in, as another company has a range of their sun creams with a bronze top on to denote it has a gradual self tanning agent within the product. Based on that, I nearly dismissed the product t first, assuming it would be of the same kind.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 28/06/2011

I don't believe you...

Nivea Protect and Bronze

“I used this cream for the first time on my holiday. I...”

Written on: 04/07/2010

I used this cream for the first time on my holiday. I am so impressed and would like to recommend it to others. I used factor 30 and went onto factor 20 at the end of the week, the results are amazing. I have never tanned before with suncream as I am quite pale, but this year I am glowing, thanks to Nivea Protect and Bronze :)

Fantastic product!!!!!!… Read Full Review