John Muir, How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive Reviews

John Muir, How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for John Muir, How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive

John Muir, How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive

“I would rate this publication as one of the most...”

Written on: 23/06/2008 by kevie1970 (1 review written)

I would rate this publication as one of the most useful I have bought in the past 37 years, I currently own a 71 Westfalia and still refer to this book on a regular basis. It taught me most of what I needed to know to keep my 1958, 1966, 1967 and 1969 Bugs alive back in the 70's when I was a VERY poor college student. Without this book I would not have had transportation on many occasions. My current, mint condition) , 33rd printing from April, 1987 is serving me well into this century… Read Full Review

John Muir, How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive

“I strongly reccommend this book to anyone starting out...”

Written on: 23/02/2008 by Scott Sempson (1 review written)

I strongly reccommend this book to anyone starting out working on VW's. When I was 16 years old I went to Sears every payday and bought a tool. I purchased every tool that John had listed and use them to this day. What I liked most about the book is he would tell you how not to bust your knuckles. He made working on a VW fun!

Read this book for entertainment and to fix your VW.

Scott Sempson
2/22/2008… Read Full Review

John Muir, How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive

“It was this manual that kept both my brother and me...”

Written on: 29/01/2008

It was this manual that kept both my brother and me driving to both high school and college. John's intimate knowledge of VWs coupled with his wonderful ability to "spell it out" makes this book more then worth its' weight.

As of this time I have just found a copy of the book via the internet as I regrettably most my old copy. I am excited to see this old friend again once the post man delivers it… Read Full Review

John Muir, How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive

“John Muir, How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive - BUY...”

Written on: 23/08/2004 by adambein (1 review written)

John Muir, How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive - BUY THIS BOOK. You will not find a better book for a bright-eyed, bushy-tailed mechanic-to-be. I've owned VW vans for years and I'm on my 3rd copy. I've saved more money and time with this book (and truthfully, buying a Honda!) when I needed to fix and maintain my VW vans. I even own "How to keep your HONDA alive!". As a young man I loved this book. It's a must have for a Southern California surfer like me!… Read Full Review