Holiday Discount Centre Reviews - www.holidaydiscountcentre.co.uk

Media Gallery for Holiday Discount Centre www.holidaydiscountcentre.co.uk

Holiday Discount Centre www.holidaydiscountcentre.co.uk

“terrible service”

Written on: by LaurynNoonan (1 review written)

I called up regarding a holiday to turkey which was advertised at £259. he kept me on for ages before giving me the price which had increased to £490, this was without any baggage. I had expected extra costs but not to nearly double in price. I said thank you for his time and the information given, after explaining that I was only calling for a quote and not to book. he then hung up on me. charming !! ill stick with teletext holidays or on the beach. much better service… Read Full Review

Hello,

We appreciate your feedback and take all advice into consideration when reviewing our services.

We have over 40 advertisers who feature holidays on our site, all compulsory charges are included in the price you see however prices are based on 2 adults sharing, so prices can change depending on how many passengers are travelling, also optional extras such as resort transfers, in-flight meals or baggage can incur an additional fee, therefore costs may also increase for this reason. However If you could email me the name of the advertiser which you had dealings with I will contact them and ask them to investigate the cost difference is cost for you?

PR Representative - HDC

“Review of Holiday Discount Centre”

Written on: by melaniestorey (1 review written)

Price advertised is a ruse to get you interested, one company trebled advertised then kept ringing me to try to get me to book, when i found a holiday with a diff company and booked was contacted 4 days later to be told oops sorry overbooked so helped me find another hol, was told 269 but ended up paying 804 which i did not agree to i agreed to 325 each for 2 of us, i ended up overdrawn when i rang to find out price hike i was told they hadnt added our baggage from first holiday agreement and… Read Full Review

“Holiday”

Written on: by Rodney298 (1 review written)

What a joke the holidaydiscount centre are a holiday was advertised at £189 when I phoned up to book 6 people on it jumped to £209 I was told the lower price was only for 2 people then they wanted £40 per person for a app so you could check yourself in I have never heard of this before so I cancelled the whole thing they just kept adding money on for things that no other holiday operator does… Read Full Review

Hello,

We have over 40 advertisers who feature holidays on our site, all compulsory charges are included in the price you see however prices are based on 2 adults sharing, so prices can change depending on how many passengers are travelling, also optional extras such as resort transfers, in-flight meals or baggage can incur an additional fee, therefore costs may also increase for this reason. If you could email me the name of the advertiser which you contacted from our comparison site I can look into the £40 per person charge you mention in your message.

“Joke”

Written on: by GrantLittle (1 review written)

Will not be trying to book a holiday through holidaydiscount centre again their web site was offering holidays for £187 but when you phone up they put on £40 a person right away then they wanted £40 a person so that they could send you an app so that you could check yourself in I told them I could check myself in for free but they said you have to buy the app because it was a Spanish airline never heard such bull will spread the word about this company… Read Full Review

Hello,

We have over 40 advertisers who feature holidays on our site, all compulsory charges are included in the price you see however optional extras such as resort transfers, in-flight meals or baggage can incur an additional fee, therefore costs may increase for this reason. If you could email me the name of the advertiser which you contacted from our comparison site I can look into this further for you.

PR Representative - HDC

“worst company I've dealt with!!!!”

Written on: by Emman120 (1 review written)

I have had so many problems with a holiday I booked with holiday discount centre, we had to pay extra than what was advertised! We have been treated disgusting by this company, you get passed from operator to operator and they don't resolve your situation! I asked for to luggage bags and when I had my notice of payment, they had changed it and only given us one bag for two adults to share, which is ridiculous! Then they tell me if I want another luggage bag I have to pay an extra £80 they are… Read Full Review

Hello,

May I firstly say how sorry I was to hear that you had been experiencing problems with an advertiser featured on Holiday Discount Centre comparison website.

Holiday Discount Centre is a holiday price comparison site therefore we do not take bookings directly. However we do follow a strict code of conduct and also have regular compliance checks in place to monitor our advertisers.

Renatadrauge's Comment

Written on:

i was just a minute from start book my holiday last minute with this company and i changed my mind as i don't have a few extra days for fixing any problems
Renata

“Never Use. Conn Men & Woman!!!”

Written on: by Captain1001 (1 review written)

We booked 3 days in Majorca with this crowd advertised for £319 each the total holiday ended up costing almost £800. We also had to pay Agency gold service, 4 of them! at a cost of £18, so £72 which they claim is compulsory. Then called me after taking the cash from my account and said I must upgrade as the room the sold is gone, this was an another £40. I did complain to the manager who decided to refund this. I spoke with a few individuals who were all extremely rude once they and took… Read Full Review

Hdccare's Response to Captain1001's Review

Hello,

May I firstly say how sorry I was to hear that you have been experiencing problems with offers shown on our Holiday Discount Centre comparison website.

You mention the holiday was advertised at £319 each and the total cost ended up at £800, was this £800 each or £800 for 2 people, I would really like to find out what the difference in cost was for. Compulsory charges must be included in the advertised price, but optional extras such as in-flight meals, baggage or transfers can be charged as an extra if you require them on your booking.

Could you please email me with the advertiser you contacted and your booking reference and I will make sure your comments are passed onto their senior management team for investigation.

I would like to assure you this matter will be dealt with once your email has been received.

PR Representative - HDC

“robbing people misguided ifmation can't SPK to anybody...”

Written on:

Started of booking a 102 pound holiday which turn was advertised and still on the pages to find out it comes to 357.00 I didn't argee for the author at I on of two different amounts off my card no conformation 2 days later so I've have stop the payment as it was not correct try to SPK to hot deals all morning to suddenly get some flight deals still no conformation of the holiday so still dontnknow why a 102pound holiday comes to 357with no baggage I might add hotdeal holidays are a completed… Read Full Review

Hello,

May I firstly say how sorry I was to hear that you have been experiencing problems with Hot Deal Holidays.

Could you please email me with you contact details to discuss this further?

Once I have more information on the holiday enquiry I will make sure your comments are passed onto Hot Deal Holidays senior management team for investigation.

“Don't even bother”

Written on: by Debbiepat (1 review written)

I'm normally realistic with this stuff, 130pp to Rhodes off peak all inclusive. Obviously I was never going to pay this! The sneakiness involved in gradually bumping up the price. Baggage,ok. Booking fee, ok. Online check in...really!? But yeah ok. Price still good so yes we will book. Then a phone call 20 mins later....... Oh mam there has been a block booking of 20 people on the flight we were going to book you (really how do they know what budget airline bookings are???) so other flights are… Read Full Review

Hdccare's Response to Debbiepat's Review

Hello,

Could you please email me with the advertiser you contacted and I will make sure your comments are passed onto their senior management team for investigation.

“Never Right Price ”

Written on: by 247Nielsen (1 review written)

Total waste of time looking as no price is anywhere near what it says!! DONT WASTE YOUR TIME LOOK ELSE WHERE!!… Read Full Review

“Robbers”

Written on:

All the added extras that they don't tell you about until you have handed over your card details and about to book your holiday are shocking holiday advertised at 217 pp was expecting baggage and transfers so phoned them up for full price and was told 309 pp spoke with the rest of my party they all agreed and phoned back to book for them to add admin charges and online booking fees then debit card fees now costs 335 pp this is not legal total false advertising by the company's but also by the… Read Full Review

Hello,

I would like to look into this further for you, could you please email me with your contact details to discuss this further?

“never again”

Written on: by Devyn53 (1 review written)

Got a price to start with gave my credit card details, after 10 mins on hold was told had to pay a booking fee £20 per person and also a £18 per person online checking for me meant extra £180 on top of my already ageed price of £1006 this in my calculations adds upto £1186 but the guy was asking for £1250 ish when i refused and asked to speak to a supervisor who didnt knw price breakdown (useless) gave a discount price came to £1236ish!!! I would never use these people again, there think… Read Full Review

“Waste of time”

Written on: by Sarahkendzz (1 review written)

Booked on this site as it seems very cheap advertising flight and hotel to ibiza all inclusive for 365 When advertised it's 7 nights but gave us rubbish flights so we ended up only having one day. The people cannot speak barely any English and you have repeat yourself a lot also when they add on transfers and baggage etc it came to 500 After they took card details they went to verify it and got told I was charged a booking fee and it was 570! Tried saying I wasn't told of this but was still… Read Full Review

“Misleading quotes”

Written on: by Nikimac (1 review written)

I (hopefully) booked a holiday with HDC this morning.......still awaiting my confirmation email. I'm not the type to go to the trouble of writing a review but in this occasion I had to. Price advertised was £450 when I called it had went up to over £700 and this was not including transfer/baggage etc I was offered an alternate day at the price advertised of £491 + £50 baggage + £20 transfer. I agreed to this and asked if this was the final price, were there any admin fees etc to pay. I… Read Full Review

Xlraistrick's Response to Nikimac's Review

Written on:

We are in a similar situation and are currently waiting for a confirmation. Have you recieved this yet?

Nikimac's reply to Xlraistrick's Comment

Written on:

Apparently it takes up to 48hrs to be received.

Dawnhanlon72's reply to Xlraistrick's Comment

Written on:

I have booked though them as well we had the same prices keeped going up and up I pay it now and I had a email with 24 hours with everything hope that helps x

Hdccare's Response to Nikimac's Review

Hello,

May I firstly say how sorry I was to hear that you have been experiencing problems with an advertiser featured on our Holiday Discount Centre comparison website.

Hdccare's Response to Nikimac's Review

“DO NOT USE!!!!!”

Written on:

Do not use this company ever!!!! i called the other night to book a holiday that was advertised as 5 days self catering to Benidorm from Prestwick for £150pp. I ask if they would be taking the amount of £300 from my card and was told yes. Was asked how i wanted to pay. I asked what the charge was for a credit card and was told 3.5%. Okay i say i will pay with Debit Card as i know there is never a charge for a debit card. Not with them!!!! 1.5%!!!! As the holiday was so cheap and i… Read Full Review

Hello,

May I firstly say how sorry I was to hear that you have been experiencing problems trying to book a holiday with an advertiser featured on our Holiday Discount Centre comparison website.

Jadef123's Comment

Written on:

Ditto, when I rang twice tonight to book holidays for different dates reps both times accidentally added the figures incorrectly , in their favour of course! apologised when picked up on it. They confirmed hotel and flight times and took card details and said they would phone me back with reference numbers. suprise suprise both times the flights they had told me all about were unavailable now and had gone up around £100 each time! I declined being ripped off and advised them their practice was unacceptable and illegal and I was going to inform every one! so here we are :)

“STEER CLEAR! Nightmare company!”

Written on: by Luisa02 (1 review written)

Booked a holiday to Morocco for a week. Okay it seemed a good deal, and then there were all the add ons. Every time we thought we had a final price something else would be added on or the flight/hotel would increase. Paid for online check in as they said this would work out cheaper but they didn't tell us that when we came to check in online we would have to pay £7.99 per seat. I thought that would be the last hurdle only I've just received a call (less than 24 hours before our flight)… Read Full Review

Hdccare's Response to Luisa02's Review

Hello,

May I firstly say how sorry I was to hear that you have been experiencing problems with a booking you made via the Holiday Discount Centre site.

Written on:

I do not know the name of the advertiser as that is not stated on your website either. If you put a 5 star filter on your website you will see our hotel (Kenzie Europa) clearly marketed as 5 star on several occassions on your site.

Can you please advise me of how to make a formal complaint as we ended up in a 4 star hotel, not the one that was later allocated to us as the room there was small, dark, dingy, smelly and full of ants! We spent our whole first day trying to find a suitable hotel. This is not acceptable.

Our booking reference was PDNY5E

Or the ref may be FA 3205152 / Enq: 894975
We had dealings with Hot deals UK, Med hotels and Jumbo something too. No wonder it go so messed up trying to book one holiday and getting split between many companies!

Luisa02's reply to Luisa02's Comment

Written on:

.... still awaiting response... not that I would expect any different from them...

Hdccare's reply to Luisa02's Comment

Hello,

You can make a complaint by emailing us.

We do clearly state next to each holiday on our site which advertiser you are calling, this is shown next to the contact number.

Once your email has been received we will contact the relevant department at Hot Deal Holidays for you and ask for them to investigate this.

Vicky

Written on:

Maybe if you provided me with an email address I could do that?!

Like you 'clearly' state it was a 5 star hotel we booked but now trying to tell me it's a 4 star?

Surely you can trace the company through the booking reference I have already provided you with?

“did not book anthing on this site price doubled ,Avoid”

Written on: by ibMcFarland336 (1 review written)

we thought we would give holiday discount centre another go as did not book a holiday from them in may,so we saw what looked like a good price in the costa de sol for September advertised at £127,ok.we understand there are extra costs for transfers,but the final price lousey air flight times jumped to £300 each.sorry but wont waste another phone call to this company.we were told to get to costa del sol we had to fly to Barcelona and get a connecting flight to Malaga."UUUUG,sorry but born on a… Read Full Review

“False Advertising”

Written on: by JustineIan (1 review written)

Not impressed with Holiday Discount Centre in the least. We found an all inclusive holiday we liked the look of in Tenerife, advertised at a certain price. The site we had to call was Super Savers. When we called, we were told it would cost us a lot more and that the price advertised on the website was only for the first 2 customers who called in. How bizaar. False advertising? The site does not say anything about the price only being valid for the first 2 customers and then it goes up in… Read Full Review

Hdccare's Response to JustineIan's Review

Hello,

However we do not have an advertiser called Super Savers? Also we do state on our site that prices are based on 2 sharing (In the Frequently asked questions section)

If you could you please email me with the correct advertiser you contacted and I will make sure your comments are passed onto their senior management team for investigation.

PR Representative - HDC

“Conartists, Spivs, Grifters, and totally umprofessional”

Written on: by savethecostofaphonecall (1 review written)

4 minutes ago!!! we tried to discuss a holiday to Egypt, after being told all the details we applied(and the system said was available) we were then advised things had changed(this took all of 30 seconds). An email was requested to confirm the information only to be told that could not be done. Fair enough(you might say), but if that's the case we will not give you our card details. Now the good part, and I quote 'you've been drinking (yep she had, one (1) glass of wine, 'I can't do anything… Read Full Review

Hdccare's Response to savethecostofaphonecall's Review

“Avoid at all costs”

Written on: by Rodriguezds431 (1 review written)

Hi been trying to book a family holiday to marrakech with a company called hot deals holiday. Offered it to me for 1200 pounds I asked him is this the final price he said yes . Came back offered me a 4 am flight instead of the one agreed which was 8pm flight then wanted 49 pounds per person I said cancel it all then offered the same flight real got messed about . Then he hit me with online booking charge of 29.50 each as well as 25 pounds per person admin cost . This company is very bad… Read Full Review

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to speak to us yesterday regarding your recent experience using Hot Deal Holidays.

Once again I am very sorry that you have had a negative experience using an advertiser featured on our comparison site.

We have contacted Hot Deal Holiday, who are investigating this for you, you will receive a full response into this.

“How About This?”

Written on: by johnwillie (1 review written)

My recent complaint about Holiday Discount Centre resulted in the standard reply "WIZNY OOR FAULT".Paid them approx £900 for a week in Torremolinas after they kept upping the price with add ons. Returned yesterday from a Thomas Cook holiday 2weeks in Florida £1200. They also arranged 2weeks car hire for a further £250. Anybody crazy enough to use this company after reading the reviews is probably someone who believes in the tooth fairy. Dont be fooled by the odd reply to a bad review saying… Read Full Review

Hdccare's Response to johnwillie's Review

Hello,
I am firstly very sorry to hear that you were not happy with the booking you made via our holiday price comparison site.

I have never directly received a complaint or email from you concerning your Torremolinos booking; therefore I have never give a "WIZNY OOR FAULT" response.

I would like to assure you that if you would like to send through to myself your complaint outlining the add ons that the advertiser has quoted to you I will investigate this with the advertiser involved.

Holiday Discount Centre is a holiday price comparison site therefore we do not take bookings directly. However I would like to assure you that we do follow a strict code of conduct and also have regular compliance checks in place to monitor our advertisers.

If you would like to discuss this further please email myself with your contact details.

Also I would like to add that we do not allow staff members to write reviews about our company.