BMW 3 Series 323 SE Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

BMW 3 Series 323 SE - Ask a question now

“I bought the standard version, not the SE. I did not...”

Written on: 08/12/2009 by tigersimon (3 reviews written)

I bought the standard version, not the SE. I did not want rear electric windows etc., and I wanted it as a Q car - understated. I added half-leather, Air Con, and a few other bits. This car is so great to drive. The 6-cylinder engine is so flexible, and the ratios just right. I am an advanced driver, so I use it to make good progress in a safe manner. With the gear ratios, and the torque and power, you can enter an M road, slip quickly into the right hand lane and be back to the LH lane keeping… Read Full Review

“A state of the art luxury semi race car with lots of...”

Written on: 21/01/2008 by Kaiw (1 review written)

A state of the art luxury semi race car with lots of storage and comfort. Mine is a 323iaT. Its 11 years now, and the engine is showing wear and tear. Time to make a youngster happy, old pal… Read Full Review

“Overall this is the best of the 10+ cars I have owned....”

Written on: 21/01/2008

Overall this is the best of the 10+ cars I have owned. I'd recommend it to anyone and it would be hard to to better it. I was going to get a 5 series, but I'm glad I didn't as this car a dream to drive and easy to park… Read Full Review

“I have owned this car for a year now, and although...”

Written on: 03/01/2007 by Scholesey1 (1 review written)

I have owned this car for a year now, and although have spent a bit maintaining it, it is definitely worth it. It is a practical sports car, it handles like a car half it's size and the power is always there. I have the automatic version of the BMW 323, and whatever people say, this is as quick as the manual and so smooth.

I would recommend this car to anyone, but I would warn you that you may not pass many petrol stations without popping in for a refuel… Read Full Review

“I have had my 323i SE for over 5 years and 50k miles...”

Written on: 23/12/2003 by afrocub (1 review written)

I have had my 323i SE for over 5 years and 50k miles now and I still love it. I had meant to change it after 3 years for another manufacturers estate (growing family) but I just could'nt. The snarl of the inline six as you gun the accelerator and the precise handling can only really be bettered by a balls out sports car with no boot space and room for only two.

This is all the car you would ever need as long as you do not have more than two kids.

Alas as they get bigger they would find that… Read Full Review

“I have had mine over a year now, and can say it is a...”

Written on: 31/01/2003 by UkWizard. (1 review written)

I have had mine over a year now, and can say it is a fantastic car. I do a lot of miles so need good economy, but wanted something quick. This car was the answer for my prayers, excellent motorway driving. Smooth engine and sounds awesome when it starts from cold. Considering it's as quick as a new toyota MR2 and confortably cruises along, even with 5 people in the car. Not bad for a family car, and with >30 mpg. I love it. … Read Full Review

“Mine is a 323 SE 4 door but to make it a bit better...”

Written on: 14/09/2002 by Adey. (1 review written)

Mine is a 323 SE 4 door but to make it a bit better for me it has the half leather sports seat option which are great. Driveability is excellent. Its very positive but the traction control is a must in the wet if you've had a long day at work and your just trying to get home quick. Switch it off and you'll find out. Fun if you do it on purpose, not so fun if it catches you out. Use the rev range and enjoy the 170 horses to play. It'll cost some fuel but then you dont really want a 323 if your… Read Full Review

Rich's Response to Adey.'s Review

Written on: 05/09/2003

I've got the e36 version of this - I presume you are reviewing that model, not the e46 one???
<br>
<br>If so, then I am able to confirm what you say about the car. I would recommend it to anyone. I've had my car 10 months now, and the 6 cylinders still put a smile on my face!!
<br>
<br>I get around 25 mpg and enjoy getting the most out my car too. I would like to move to an e46 328ci in perhaps 6 mths time, or even an e36 m3 evo - we shall see. But in the mean time, this is a car that is not lacking in any department. It has plenty of power for overtaking, which is always reassuring. Servicing costs are minimised by taking cars over 3 years' old into indy bmw specialist places. High meilage is not a problem - the engine will run to extremely high mileage quite safely. I'm not convinced that paying extra for optimax/ higher grade unleaded fuel for the car is beneficial though. What's your thoughts on that???