Pro Camera Shop Reviews - www.procamerashop.co.uk

Pro Camera Shop - www.procamerashop.co.uk

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“The Personal Touch”

Written on: 08/10/2013 by Ceilidhchip (1 review written)

Buying my most expensive lens ever, I didn't want to just push a button on the computer. Welcomed the fact that I could phone, talk to someone who knew, discuss the choices and then keep in touch by email one the order had been placed. Finishing the process by using their recommended insurers… Read Full Review

Reportedtotradingstandards's Response to Ceilidhchip's Review

Written on: 08/10/2013

Funny how this Hong Kong seller, with no presence at all in the UK, is no longer trading (nearly 2 months now) but the `reviews` still keep coming in?

Duncan1261's reply to Reportedtotradingstandards's Comment

Written on: 10/10/2013

I agree, its seems there are "Ghost" reviewers who just feed in "praise". The web site has been "off" for nearly 12 weeks....

Pauluk1's reply to Duncan1261's Comment

Written on: 14/11/2013

They are not trading it seems and the straggler reviews are not ten a day like they used to be and reported who comments on almost every ones comments in a negative way and has upset a lot of reviewers.

Reportedtotradingstandards's reply to Pauluk1's Comment

Written on: 14/11/2013

`upset a lot of reviewers`? lol (how do you know that btw?)

It's the purchasers that should be upset @ this foreign seller!!!, NOT the posters who told the truth about them & tried to warn others.

“...experiencing technical difficulties with our website...”

Written on: 27/09/2013

This is a note I received from Procamerashop a few days ago: "...we are currently experiencing some technical difficulties with our website, rest assured our technical team are in the process of resolving the issue with the utmost urgency. We would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused and would like to thank you for your patience as we aim to be up and running as soon as possible..." I received great service and a great deal on a Canon 6D + lens. I would use them again. … Read Full Review

Written on: 27/09/2013

They said that over a month ago. To be exact, it is the call-centre/virtual office they employed to take orders.

Hopefully anyone with a warranty taken out with, won't need to make a claim

THEY'RE GONE!

“All Chillax, They are great!”

Written on: 14/09/2013

I purchased a Canon 1D X DSLR Body, An ST-E3-RT Speedlite Transmitter and a Canon 600EX-RT Flash from the "Procamerashop" within the last 4 weeks. I had previously never heard of the company before so a bit of a gamble. Great prices, great service the items delivered safe and sound as soon as the money cleared, 2 days. I will certainly not hesitate to use them again over and above any of the competitors… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/09/2013

This Hong Kong seller is no longer trading.
Any warranty you received from them is now useless.

“Used 3 times, No Problems”

Written on: 09/09/2013

I have used this company three times over the past 2 years with no problems whatsoever; paid by Bank transfer twice and saved a further 3%. prompt deliver; the items were new and boxed and all work well. These items are probably "grey" imports and as such the warranty would be with the supplier rather than the manufacturer but I have never had any problems with Nikon equipment in over 30 years! Bought a Nikon 70-300; a Tokina 11-16; and a Sony RX-100 saving several hundred pounds. Website - a bit… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/09/2013

"Website - a bit tricky to navigate" - There isn't one!

"I did check where they were located before purchasing and they are in Carlisle, Cumbria." lol - They are in Hong Kong!
(This foreign supplier has NO presence in the UK whatsoever)

Aktivizt48's Comment

Written on: 09/09/2013

I haven't bought anything from them for 6 months; perhaps they have moved out!

Written on: 09/09/2013

Moved out? lol They were never here!
They were just another Hong Kong internet supplier, who now seem to have ceased importing.

How come it's taken you 6 months to write a glowing review btw?

“Cheap and trustworthy”

Written on: 06/09/2013 by scyrene (1 review written)

I did have concerns initially on visiting this website. The prices seemed too low, the layout was a bit basic, and the extra discount (3%) for payment by bank transfer sounded especially dodgy. However, I took a risk, and was pleasantly surprised. I've since bought quite a few products from them - mostly lenses, but also a camera body, and only had one less than perfect experience, when they delivered the wrong item. They quickly replaced it and gave me a small free gift as an apology. Their… Read Full Review

Reportedtotradingstandards's Response to scyrene's Review

Written on: 06/09/2013

They shut up `shop` over a week ago & haven't been taking orders for longer than that. They will probably emerge again somewhere.

Is this a genuine review? It contains so much bs it's laughable.
Do some proper searches online about this seller.
You should NOT be recommending potential buyers pay anyone by direct bank transfer, especially when they are not a UK company.

Scyrene's reply to Reportedtotradingstandards's Comment

Written on: 06/09/2013

This is absolutely a genuine review and an accurate reflection of my feelings about this seller. I have, as I stated, bought a large amount of kit from them over the past year, so I don't need to 'do some proper searches'. Why would I not recommend a company that sold me what I wanted at a good price, and delivered it quickly? I'm sorry if you had a different experience, but just because you did doesn't mean every good review is phony. Attacking other reviewers because they don't agree with you is neither constructive nor polite.

Reportedtotradingstandards's reply to Scyrene's Comment

Written on: 06/09/2013

IF your review is genuine, fine. I'm not attacking other reviewers. All i'm doing is trying to point out to potential purchasers that not all positive reviews are as they seem & to dig a bit deeper on this Hong Kong seller, who actually doesn't have a good reputation.
Nor do they have a UK office or warehouse in the UK as they like to tell buyers.

They also point out on their site, in capital letters in their T&C's, the buyers responsibility to inform HMRC of your imported grey good and pay any VAT/taxes due.
That is a legal requirement for the buyer btw, no iffs no buts, otherwise you are breaking the law.

As far as yourself recommending people pay by direct bank transfer is madness. Folk should ALWAYS use a credit card!,regardless of saving a few quid by giving up any rights.
(how good are their warranties, protection & customer services, now they've gone?)

I am trying to be constructive by stating facts, whereas you seem to be upset somehow. Strange, especially when no one has been able to buy anything from them for about 9 days?

Scyrene's reply to Reportedtotradingstandards's Comment

Written on: 06/09/2013

Well I can't comment on a lot of that, as it diverges from my experience. They never said to me they weren't based in the UK - or else I would never have shopped with them. I certainly chose this seller at the start because they appeared to be legitimate, and as I say my experiences bore that out. Their bank account was a UK one, and the goods were dispatched from a UK location.

You say I'm upset, which is precisely the feeling I got from your comment. We'll just have to agree to differ - my experiences were good, and yours were bad. I do think it's a shame the website is down, especially if they will no longer be trading, as they were the cheapest option (until all the prices went up about a week ago).

Reportedtotradingstandards's reply to Scyrene's Comment

Written on: 06/09/2013

You say if you'd known about them not being in the UK, you probably wouldn't have used them.
This is the reason I have been trying to let others know + point out they really need to research sellers properly & not rely on certain sites & reviews.

It's been mentioned on a few photography forums recently that some of these non EU importers are being checked out by customs/HMRC regarding their tactics of seemingly avoiding paying VAT & import duties (possibly why p-shop haven't been selling for 10 days?) although they will no doubt be back operating before long.

I'm happy yourself & other buyers haven't had any problems, but please be aware there are many who haven't, even though their reviews & comments are more difficult to find because p-shop threaten sites & forums to get them removed.

My only aim is to give folk a few facts, then they can decide if they want to proceed.

All the best.

“Nikon D5200 + 18-55mm and 55-300mm lens”

Written on: 04/09/2013 by AntrimLens (1 review written)

Great communications, fast service and I will be back for more again soon. Thanks Ciarán… Read Full Review

Reportedtotradingstandards's Response to AntrimLens's Review

Written on: 04/09/2013

Unlikely, seeing as they've `gone`! (they will probably re emerge under some guise or another.
Hope you don't need their customer care or warranty.

When did you make your purchase? Their site has been down for nearly a week now & a couple of days before that they weren't taking orders.

Written on: 04/09/2013

Still stand over it, they were brilliant and who says and why have they been reported trading standards.

Reportedtotradingstandards's reply to Antrimlens's Comment

Written on: 05/09/2013

They were untrustworthy & untruthful 5smugglers from Hong Kong who tried to mislead buyers & the govt.

So, when did you buy your gear then?

Written on: 05/09/2013

They were very upfront with me when I spoke to them on the phone and in the 4 emails they sent me.

Reportedtotradingstandards's reply to Antrimlens's Comment

Written on: 05/09/2013

(Yeah, from Hong Kong lol.)

So they admitted to you that they imported goods on your behalf, leaving you with the responsibility of notifying and paying HMRC any VAT/duty, which legally they should pay, but not to worry as we can wrongly describe the goods or undervalue the parcel?

Did they tell you they don't have a UK warehouse, or even a presence in the UK?

Did they tell you their warranty isn't really up to much?

Did they tell you they bullied sites & forums to get negative feedback deleted, in order to hoodwink folk & try to give themselves a good reputation?

Did they tell you they were going to close down? (your warranty is now totally worthless btw & Nikon won't touch your grey goods)

I ask again, how long ago did you buy your gear? & why suddenly write a glowing review for a Hong Kong seller who doesn't seem to be trading.....yet? (maybe you are closer to p-shop & know something the rest of us don't)

Written on: 05/09/2013

Seriously you need to get out and mix with people more as you come across as a very angry wee elf. I had a very good service from Procamera Shop and the parcel that arrived at my door came from England not the Far East. As for warranty Nikon UK may not touch it but Nikon will, as have bought stuff from outside Europe before and no problems with warranty.

“You have got this far”

Written on: 02/09/2013 by Johnb48 (1 review written)

Well you have got this far so you are obviously thinking of buying from procamerashop but the price is just on that boarder of too good to be true. Once I get the cash back that is offered by Canon on the lens I bought, I will have paid 2/3rd's of the price I can find it for at any other UK based company including Amazon. So yes the price is too good to be true but I am one very happy customer as I have more money left in my pocket to order more lenses. For me a great service so thanks… Read Full Review

Reportedtotradingstandards's Response to Johnb48's Review

Written on: 02/09/2013

You can NOT claim the cashback on grey/imported gear!

They are NOT a UK company. They are a seller in Kowloon, Hong Kong.

You are liable to pay VAT/import taxes to HMRC, as they don't pay VAT (which is strange in itself for a supposed UK company)

This company tells buyers they have a warehouse in the UK....they don't!

Their site has been down for over 4 days, so NO ONE has purchased anything.

Is this another spam review?

Johnb48's reply to Reportedtotradingstandards's Comment

Written on: 02/09/2013

You have obviously had a big problem with this company but I can assure you my order went fine goods arrived as promised and in a timely manor.
My decision to buy from them was helped by a friend that had just bought a 5D mk3 with no problems.
It may well be a grey import but Canon have confirmed I will be getting cash back on my lens but I would not know if this happens in all cases.
Other reviews could be fake I don't care I got my stuff at a very good price.
As with all web transactions you feel you are taking a chance so by all means dismiss my review but I got a major result and WILL use them again.

Reportedtotradingstandards's reply to Johnb48's Comment

Written on: 02/09/2013

You can NOT get the Canon cashback from grey imports!

In your 1st post you alluded to them being a UK company, when you knew they weren't. Why?

Johnb48's reply to Reportedtotradingstandards's Comment

Written on: 02/09/2013

The .co.uk in the address, I guessed that they were probably based somewhere else by the price.
I have not got the £200 cash back yet and I must admit I am waiting for Canon to burst my bubble. I only applied as it takes 2 minutes and the worst that can happen is they say NO, but fingers crossed it's going to happen.
There are over 1000 reviews on this site for them 97.5% positive but still we all worry, let's face it camera stuff isn't cheap I did the deed as I said before because a friend had no problems with his mk3 and that was good enough for me.

Reportedtotradingstandards's reply to Johnb48's Comment

Written on: 02/09/2013

I can tell you for certain, Canon will not entertain grey imports for cashback!
If you purchase an import from a genuine UK company & get a VAT receipt, they normally will. ( although they are tightening up )

Of the many positive reviews ( on here and other sites) there are many spam imho. BUT the majority of negative reviews are removed because p-shop threaten legal action. They do not like negative reviews or comments & potential purchasers do not get a balanced view, or are aware of the pitfalls at all.

They have been cancelling orders of late, then re-advertising products at higher prices.

They try to get folk to buy using direct bank-transfer, instead of by credit card which gives at least some protection.

It seems they apparently 5muggle goods into the UK without paying duty/VAT ( hence the savings ) leaving the buyer to pay HMRC if the item is stopped. ( they point out themselves the buyers responsibility on their site under their T&C's )

Their UK `warehouse` is a middleman in Crawley & their orderline is a virtual/serviced office in Cumbria.

I'm sure many folk don't have a problem....but many do.

Hopefully HMRC are onto these guys.

Sianon36's reply to Reportedtotradingstandards's Comment

Written on: 03/09/2013

From the cashback terms and conditions available freely on the canon website:

1.4 All products must be purchased within the UK or ROI from a UK or ROI
retailer and must have been supplied and distributed to retailers by Canon
UK Ltd or Canon group companies located in the European Economic Area
(EEA). Please check with your retailer that this is the case to help avoid
disappointment
1.5 All products must be new and genuine Canon products. Purchases of
second hand, refurbished or reconditioned products, or products which are
counterfeit or infringe the intellectual property rights of the Canon group of
companies in any way (for example, including but not limited to parallel or
“grey” products) will not qualify under this promotion.

Unfortunatly I do not this pro camera shop meets this term so you may well not get your cashback, also the site now seems to have disapeared which is rather startling for those that have purchased through them

“Great Service, Best Prices”

Written on: 28/08/2013 by PhotoJohn (1 review written)

I have just purchased the new Canon 70-200mm f2.8 is 11 lens from Pro Camera Shop. The best price I could find on the net. I placed order on Friday evening (with bank holiday Monday following)! On the Tuesday morning I received conformation of my order and it was delivered the following day. Two working days from start to finnish and no postal charges. Brilliant service! The lens is brilliant, I am aware it's an import but that isn't a problem, ok if something goes wrong I will need to pay to… Read Full Review

Reportedtotradingstandards's Response to PhotoJohn's Review

Written on: 28/08/2013

You saved over £300.?!?!?!

Doing a quick search on the net, Digitalreview is actually selling for £1599, which is cheaper than p-shops £1655, so you paid more!

In fact his lens can be bought in the UK, eg from Jessops for £1799, but with the Canon £200 cashback, you could have bought it for less & had a genuine manufacturers warranty!

Why buy a grey import with cheap warranty from an Asian supplier for more money? Something aint right! (Either you....or this `review`)

Photojohn's reply to Reportedtotradingstandards's Comment

Written on: 28/08/2013

I paid £1387.90 from this company only two days ago, looks like they have increased the price of this lens within the past two days. I have to admit I didn't check the price today when I posted the review.
Even with a £200 cash back from Jessops I still saved over £200 so I am happy!

“5* service :)”

Written on: 27/08/2013 by Peety99 (1 review written)

I purchased my new Nikon D7100 from procamerashop just over a week ago. The price was fantastic and so was the speed of the delivery. After taking approximately 20 photographs with my new camera it developed a fault. I spoke to plenty of people on photographic forums and tried to solve the issue myself, but to no avail. I called pro camera shop first thing on Monday morning at 9 o'clock. I spoke to a gentleman, who emailed me the address to post my camera to So it could be checked over for the… Read Full Review

“Buying from Pro Camera Shop.”

Written on: 25/08/2013

After 2 of my friends had bought one. I bought NIKON 300mm f4 lense and opted to buy by bank transfer (3%less). Everything was straightforward apart from the fact I had omitted to include their reference number(my fault entirely)after this omission had been corrected received lense next day. Can't thank them enough. … Read Full Review

“Unbeatable value!”

Written on: 24/08/2013

The second time I've used Procamerashop and the service is excellent. Best prices on the web and even better with 3% discount. Excellent delivery time and for free. No fuss, they just do what they say - offer top quality items at unbeatable prices with faultless delivery… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/08/2013

They're not always the cheapest, or best. (you could actually have bought the Tamron even cheaper)

They are not a UK business, but based in Hong Kong & paying anyone, let alone a foreign importer of grey goods, by direct bank transfer is not to be recommended to others. Always use a credit card for protection.

“Information. Manner. service & delivery.”

Written on: 23/08/2013

Could not be more helpful on phone. Explained google wallet.Item came well within estimated delivery time. Excellent… Read Full Review

“well worth trying”

Written on: 23/08/2013 by 99tel (1 review written)

I have just made my second purchase from procamerashop well worth dealing with. The items were as stated and in perfect working order. After sales service excellent. No bad points to mention… Read Full Review

“Fantastic service”

Written on: 23/08/2013

I found procamerashop on a search on the net, I checked the site and watched reviews on the net for items then checked prices. Since then I have used Procamerashop for all my Camera items from the Camera's, Lenses, tripod and saved Hundreds of £££££. The service has been great and even over the phone they were very helpful, all item arrived in good time and well packed. I'm still looking for a shop or site that can come anywhere near to Procamerashop to date non have… Read Full Review

“Sent to your company”

Written on: 22/08/2013

Just a note to say that the Fuji X E-1 arrived in good order and has been giving much pleasure overthe past week. Thank you. Tony Mallet… Read Full Review

“Great client services & swift transaction”

Written on: 21/08/2013 by Pavlof (1 review written)

I ordered on Sunday night a lens using the bank transfert option. On Wednesday morning the lens was on my desk. That is fantastic! Thank you. … Read Full Review

“Service delivery”

Written on: 21/08/2013 by Martin_Mitchell (1 review written)

Excellent service and trouble free experience. Had to call ProCameraShop direct to ask a question about the delivery and the phone was answered immediately with the question answered instantly. The guy I spoke to was very pleasant, polite and informative. Lens arrived bang on time in perfect condition. Very competitive prices and I will definitely recommend the store to other. Great job from all involved. … Read Full Review

“Excellent Customer Service”

Written on: 18/08/2013

First time purchasing from Procamerashop - very impressed with service, process and most importantly pricing… Read Full Review

“Review of Pro Camera Shop”

Written on: 16/08/2013 by shaggy001 (1 review written)

PCS offered the best price for the goods and had existing excellent reviews. In have found them to provide a first class service. Customer communications are excellent and their delivery is timely and as stated at time of purchase. They are extremely customer focused and friendly which really imbued (well justified) confidence in the sales team. I would thoroughly recommend this business to anyone seeking to buy high quality optics at an extremely competitive price… Read Full Review

“Best One Yet and I Have Had Two.”

Written on: 16/08/2013 by littlerbulk (2 reviews written)

Back in 2008 I bought a Nikon 55-300mm VR lens and used it a long side my other lenes coupled to a D90 camera, also had other nikon lenses to suit. Early this year decided to sell my nikon euipement and buy a Panasonic FZ200 as I was so fed up missing shots having to change lens. After much deliberation I kept the D90 camera as a body thought one day I would use it again. Took lots of photos with my FZ200 but always seem to have the urge to get a lens for my camera so in the end I bought… Read Full Review

Reportedtotradingstandards's Response to littlerbulk's Review

Written on: 17/08/2013

They don't have a warehouse in Carlisle. (indeed they don't have their own warehouse in the UK at all)

This seller is based in Hong Kong & isn't a registered UK company. They supply mainly `grey` imports at prices similar to other Asian suppliers.

Littlerbulk's reply to Reportedtotradingstandards's Comment