Pro Camera Shop Reviews - www.procamerashop.co.uk

Pro Camera Shop - www.procamerashop.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Pro Camera Shop - www.procamerashop.co.uk

Pro Camera Shop - www.procamerashop.co.uk

“about my order”

Written on: 05/11/2014 by Ghazalas (1 review written)

I can't find any contact details of you and your phone number I have got doesn't work, please I need help… Read Full Review

“Very slow to respond to problems”

Written on: 22/10/2013

I bought a Tokina 11/16 from then just before Christmas last year but it had to go back as a problem developed with the focus. It took a long time for them (over a month)to say they could not fix the fault so would replace the lens and one had been put on order. I received the new lens, which developed the same problem so I contacted them again. Lens was returned over a month ago and I got an email saying they were looking at it before sending it to their repairers on 2/10/13. I have not had… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/10/2013

This Hong Kong seller ceased trading a couple of months or more ago.
Any `contact` supposedly with them (phone or email) is just a rented/contracted virtual office in the UK.

Hopefully you will get your problem sorted, but any in-house warranties are likely to be worthless.

If you paid with a credit card you might have some luck through that, but many used the direct bank-transfer which gives the purchaser absolutely no redress.

Sarah000's Comment

Written on: 22/10/2013

Does anyone have an email address or phone number? I bought a camera from them and it was faulty. I contacted Canon only to find it is fake and as I paid with direct bank transfer, have no redress...

“The Personal Touch”

Written on: 08/10/2013 by Ceilidhchip (1 review written)

Buying my most expensive lens ever, I didn't want to just push a button on the computer. Welcomed the fact that I could phone, talk to someone who knew, discuss the choices and then keep in touch by email one the order had been placed. Finishing the process by using their recommended insurers… Read Full Review

Reportedtotradingstandards's Response to Ceilidhchip's Review

Written on: 08/10/2013

Funny how this Hong Kong seller, with no presence at all in the UK, is no longer trading (nearly 2 months now) but the `reviews` still keep coming in?

Duncan1261's reply to Reportedtotradingstandards's Comment

Written on: 10/10/2013

I agree, its seems there are "Ghost" reviewers who just feed in "praise". The web site has been "off" for nearly 12 weeks....

Pauluk1's reply to Duncan1261's Comment

Written on: 14/11/2013

They are not trading it seems and the straggler reviews are not ten a day like they used to be and reported who comments on almost every ones comments in a negative way and has upset a lot of reviewers.

Reportedtotradingstandards's reply to Pauluk1's Comment

Written on: 14/11/2013

`upset a lot of reviewers`? lol (how do you know that btw?)

It's the purchasers that should be upset @ this foreign seller!!!, NOT the posters who told the truth about them & tried to warn others.

“Bought 4 cameras, 3 lenses, 3 cameras fine, one not...”

Written on: 27/09/2013

Firstly let me say I have bought 4 cameras from this shop in about 3 years. Also a range of lenses canon 24-105, sigma 30mm and(i cant even remember which other!) Before my latest experience I would have recommended them wholeheartedly, and I have done so. I have compared my camera's against that of friends who have purchased from Jessops and can find no difference - accept for the price, and the lack of a thousand languages in the menu, so I have always been happy with their products, service… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/09/2013

The reason most boxes have been opened, is to remove the manufacturers warranty card.

They don't have a warehouse in this country, these grey goods are just shipped in from Hong Kong/China (sometimes mis-labelled to try to avoid duty) then posted out via a middleman.

New cameras are ALL zero actuations!
If yours wasn't, you were sold a pre-owned camera, possibly a returns/repaired model. (you aren't alone though).
This seller has also supplied cameras with fake serial numbers.

Good luck with your warranty claim., I hope you get it sorted.

“...experiencing technical difficulties with our website...”

Written on: 27/09/2013

This is a note I received from Procamerashop a few days ago: "...we are currently experiencing some technical difficulties with our website, rest assured our technical team are in the process of resolving the issue with the utmost urgency. We would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused and would like to thank you for your patience as we aim to be up and running as soon as possible..." I received great service and a great deal on a Canon 6D + lens. I would use them again. … Read Full Review

Written on: 27/09/2013

They said that over a month ago. To be exact, it is the call-centre/virtual office they employed to take orders.

Hopefully anyone with a warranty taken out with, won't need to make a claim

THEY'RE GONE!

“All Chillax, They are great!”

Written on: 14/09/2013

I purchased a Canon 1D X DSLR Body, An ST-E3-RT Speedlite Transmitter and a Canon 600EX-RT Flash from the "Procamerashop" within the last 4 weeks. I had previously never heard of the company before so a bit of a gamble. Great prices, great service the items delivered safe and sound as soon as the money cleared, 2 days. I will certainly not hesitate to use them again over and above any of the competitors… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/09/2013

This Hong Kong seller is no longer trading.
Any warranty you received from them is now useless.

“Used 3 times, No Problems”

Written on: 09/09/2013

I have used this company three times over the past 2 years with no problems whatsoever; paid by Bank transfer twice and saved a further 3%. prompt deliver; the items were new and boxed and all work well. These items are probably "grey" imports and as such the warranty would be with the supplier rather than the manufacturer but I have never had any problems with Nikon equipment in over 30 years! Bought a Nikon 70-300; a Tokina 11-16; and a Sony RX-100 saving several hundred pounds. Website - a bit… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/09/2013

"Website - a bit tricky to navigate" - There isn't one!

"I did check where they were located before purchasing and they are in Carlisle, Cumbria." lol - They are in Hong Kong!
(This foreign supplier has NO presence in the UK whatsoever)

Aktivizt48's Comment

Written on: 09/09/2013

I haven't bought anything from them for 6 months; perhaps they have moved out!

Written on: 09/09/2013

Moved out? lol They were never here!
They were just another Hong Kong internet supplier, who now seem to have ceased importing.

How come it's taken you 6 months to write a glowing review btw?

“Cheap and trustworthy”

Written on: 06/09/2013 by scyrene (1 review written)

I did have concerns initially on visiting this website. The prices seemed too low, the layout was a bit basic, and the extra discount (3%) for payment by bank transfer sounded especially dodgy. However, I took a risk, and was pleasantly surprised. I've since bought quite a few products from them - mostly lenses, but also a camera body, and only had one less than perfect experience, when they delivered the wrong item. They quickly replaced it and gave me a small free gift as an apology. Their… Read Full Review

Reportedtotradingstandards's Response to scyrene's Review

Written on: 06/09/2013

They shut up `shop` over a week ago & haven't been taking orders for longer than that. They will probably emerge again somewhere.

Is this a genuine review? It contains so much bs it's laughable.
Do some proper searches online about this seller.
You should NOT be recommending potential buyers pay anyone by direct bank transfer, especially when they are not a UK company.

Scyrene's reply to Reportedtotradingstandards's Comment

Written on: 06/09/2013

This is absolutely a genuine review and an accurate reflection of my feelings about this seller. I have, as I stated, bought a large amount of kit from them over the past year, so I don't need to 'do some proper searches'. Why would I not recommend a company that sold me what I wanted at a good price, and delivered it quickly? I'm sorry if you had a different experience, but just because you did doesn't mean every good review is phony. Attacking other reviewers because they don't agree with you is neither constructive nor polite.

Reportedtotradingstandards's reply to Scyrene's Comment

Written on: 06/09/2013

IF your review is genuine, fine. I'm not attacking other reviewers. All i'm doing is trying to point out to potential purchasers that not all positive reviews are as they seem & to dig a bit deeper on this Hong Kong seller, who actually doesn't have a good reputation.
Nor do they have a UK office or warehouse in the UK as they like to tell buyers.

They also point out on their site, in capital letters in their T&C's, the buyers responsibility to inform HMRC of your imported grey good and pay any VAT/taxes due.
That is a legal requirement for the buyer btw, no iffs no buts, otherwise you are breaking the law.

As far as yourself recommending people pay by direct bank transfer is madness. Folk should ALWAYS use a credit card!,regardless of saving a few quid by giving up any rights.
(how good are their warranties, protection & customer services, now they've gone?)

I am trying to be constructive by stating facts, whereas you seem to be upset somehow. Strange, especially when no one has been able to buy anything from them for about 9 days?

Scyrene's reply to Reportedtotradingstandards's Comment

Written on: 06/09/2013

Well I can't comment on a lot of that, as it diverges from my experience. They never said to me they weren't based in the UK - or else I would never have shopped with them. I certainly chose this seller at the start because they appeared to be legitimate, and as I say my experiences bore that out. Their bank account was a UK one, and the goods were dispatched from a UK location.

You say I'm upset, which is precisely the feeling I got from your comment. We'll just have to agree to differ - my experiences were good, and yours were bad. I do think it's a shame the website is down, especially if they will no longer be trading, as they were the cheapest option (until all the prices went up about a week ago).

Reportedtotradingstandards's reply to Scyrene's Comment

Written on: 06/09/2013

You say if you'd known about them not being in the UK, you probably wouldn't have used them.
This is the reason I have been trying to let others know + point out they really need to research sellers properly & not rely on certain sites & reviews.

It's been mentioned on a few photography forums recently that some of these non EU importers are being checked out by customs/HMRC regarding their tactics of seemingly avoiding paying VAT & import duties (possibly why p-shop haven't been selling for 10 days?) although they will no doubt be back operating before long.

I'm happy yourself & other buyers haven't had any problems, but please be aware there are many who haven't, even though their reviews & comments are more difficult to find because p-shop threaten sites & forums to get them removed.

My only aim is to give folk a few facts, then they can decide if they want to proceed.

All the best.

“Nikon D5200 + 18-55mm and 55-300mm lens”

Written on: 04/09/2013 by AntrimLens (1 review written)

Great communications, fast service and I will be back for more again soon. Thanks Ciarán… Read Full Review

Reportedtotradingstandards's Response to AntrimLens's Review

Written on: 04/09/2013

Unlikely, seeing as they've `gone`! (they will probably re emerge under some guise or another.
Hope you don't need their customer care or warranty.

When did you make your purchase? Their site has been down for nearly a week now & a couple of days before that they weren't taking orders.

Written on: 04/09/2013

Still stand over it, they were brilliant and who says and why have they been reported trading standards.

Reportedtotradingstandards's reply to Antrimlens's Comment

Written on: 05/09/2013

They were untrustworthy & untruthful 5smugglers from Hong Kong who tried to mislead buyers & the govt.

So, when did you buy your gear then?

Written on: 05/09/2013

They were very upfront with me when I spoke to them on the phone and in the 4 emails they sent me.

Reportedtotradingstandards's reply to Antrimlens's Comment

Written on: 05/09/2013

(Yeah, from Hong Kong lol.)

So they admitted to you that they imported goods on your behalf, leaving you with the responsibility of notifying and paying HMRC any VAT/duty, which legally they should pay, but not to worry as we can wrongly describe the goods or undervalue the parcel?

Did they tell you they don't have a UK warehouse, or even a presence in the UK?

Did they tell you their warranty isn't really up to much?

Did they tell you they bullied sites & forums to get negative feedback deleted, in order to hoodwink folk & try to give themselves a good reputation?

Did they tell you they were going to close down? (your warranty is now totally worthless btw & Nikon won't touch your grey goods)

I ask again, how long ago did you buy your gear? & why suddenly write a glowing review for a Hong Kong seller who doesn't seem to be trading.....yet? (maybe you are closer to p-shop & know something the rest of us don't)

Written on: 05/09/2013

Seriously you need to get out and mix with people more as you come across as a very angry wee elf. I had a very good service from Procamera Shop and the parcel that arrived at my door came from England not the Far East. As for warranty Nikon UK may not touch it but Nikon will, as have bought stuff from outside Europe before and no problems with warranty.

“Good service although concerned at some reviews”

Written on: 04/09/2013 by teluk (27 reviews written)

I had checked the reviews on Procamerashop before placing my order and had no worries when I discovered they were based in Carlisle and goods were shipped from the U.K. After placing the order for a Sigma lens I found some reviews which set all the alarm bells ringing saying the goods were grey imports and the company is not a U.K. company but from Hong Kong. (Check "conditions of use" at the bottom of their home page). I had placed my order on the Monday (Sigma 18-250mm lens) and received… Read Full Review

Reportedtotradingstandards's Response to teluk's Review

Written on: 04/09/2013

Don't count on returning stuff for a refund. 1 purchaser wasn't allowed a return even though the lens was faulty. He had to send to a general repairer of their choice.

Re import duty & VAT. The purchaser is liable to pay customs any duty & VAT. It is a legal requirement, no iffs no buts.

They don't have a warehouse in the UK, they have no presence at all.....Hong Kong pure & simple. Their orderline/phone is just a `virtual` office.
They use a middleman to distribute 5muggled goods to try to avoid paying VAT. hence the buyers responsibility to legally tell HMRC of your purchase.

The majority of negative reviews & comments get removed from sites because they threatened legal action. Hopefully now they seem to have gone (although likely to re appear) the negative comments will stay for folk to see.

Teluk's reply to Reportedtotradingstandards's Comment

Written on: 04/09/2013

My lens definitely came from a UK warehouse, it arrived in 4 days and has all UK postal marks. I have read a review that said they use a large distribution warehouse and don't think it would come from Honk Kong in such a short time.

Reportedtotradingstandards's reply to Teluk's Comment

Written on: 04/09/2013

Their grey stock comes from Asia mainly. Your purchase will not benefit from the manufacturers warranty & anyone who has bought from p-shop, won't even have their `warranty`.
Once imported to the logistics company by Smart Price Photo's (their parent `company`) they then advertise goods at around 20% cheaper than legitimate UK stockists. Hence the so-called saving.
If they aren't already in the UK their prices are usually quite expensive, because they don't know at that time if they've avoided VAT/duty.

It appears they & other suppliers, mislabel & under value goods on the declarations, which HMRC seem now to be investigating.

As you are classed as the importer when VAT/duty hasn't been paid, it is legally your responsibility to notify HMRC.
They may even be able to track down purchasers at a later date.

Some couriers are starting to ask for payments on delivery (+ collection fees) or you don't get your purchase & lose your money.
Another reason NOT to pay by Direct Bank Transfer, which p-shop heavily advertise.

Teluk's reply to Reportedtotradingstandards's Comment

Written on: 04/09/2013

Thanks for that, seems there is many things to consider, luckily I did not pay by Direct bank transfer

Reportedtotradingstandards's reply to Teluk's Comment

Written on: 04/09/2013

Glad to hear it. Get out shooting & enjoy your new lens

“Website Down for over FOUR days”

Written on: 04/09/2013 by Tr1xx (7 reviews written)

I bought a Canon camera from them costing about £400. The price was good. The purchase system used Google Wallet ... this annoyed me. I was told any warranty would be through them and not the manufacturer. This worried me. Grey imports get a bad name. I find now that their site has been completely down for over four days. Would any trustworthy business allow themselves to disappear from the Internet "high street" in such a manner? There may be a good reason. Imagine if Currys website… Read Full Review

“You have got this far”

Written on: 02/09/2013 by Johnb48 (1 review written)

Well you have got this far so you are obviously thinking of buying from procamerashop but the price is just on that boarder of too good to be true. Once I get the cash back that is offered by Canon on the lens I bought, I will have paid 2/3rd's of the price I can find it for at any other UK based company including Amazon. So yes the price is too good to be true but I am one very happy customer as I have more money left in my pocket to order more lenses. For me a great service so thanks… Read Full Review

Reportedtotradingstandards's Response to Johnb48's Review

Written on: 02/09/2013

You can NOT claim the cashback on grey/imported gear!

They are NOT a UK company. They are a seller in Kowloon, Hong Kong.

You are liable to pay VAT/import taxes to HMRC, as they don't pay VAT (which is strange in itself for a supposed UK company)

This company tells buyers they have a warehouse in the UK....they don't!

Their site has been down for over 4 days, so NO ONE has purchased anything.

Is this another spam review?

Johnb48's reply to Reportedtotradingstandards's Comment

Written on: 02/09/2013

You have obviously had a big problem with this company but I can assure you my order went fine goods arrived as promised and in a timely manor.
My decision to buy from them was helped by a friend that had just bought a 5D mk3 with no problems.
It may well be a grey import but Canon have confirmed I will be getting cash back on my lens but I would not know if this happens in all cases.
Other reviews could be fake I don't care I got my stuff at a very good price.
As with all web transactions you feel you are taking a chance so by all means dismiss my review but I got a major result and WILL use them again.

Reportedtotradingstandards's reply to Johnb48's Comment

Written on: 02/09/2013

You can NOT get the Canon cashback from grey imports!

In your 1st post you alluded to them being a UK company, when you knew they weren't. Why?

Johnb48's reply to Reportedtotradingstandards's Comment

Written on: 02/09/2013

The .co.uk in the address, I guessed that they were probably based somewhere else by the price.
I have not got the £200 cash back yet and I must admit I am waiting for Canon to burst my bubble. I only applied as it takes 2 minutes and the worst that can happen is they say NO, but fingers crossed it's going to happen.
There are over 1000 reviews on this site for them 97.5% positive but still we all worry, let's face it camera stuff isn't cheap I did the deed as I said before because a friend had no problems with his mk3 and that was good enough for me.

Reportedtotradingstandards's reply to Johnb48's Comment

Written on: 02/09/2013

I can tell you for certain, Canon will not entertain grey imports for cashback!
If you purchase an import from a genuine UK company & get a VAT receipt, they normally will. ( although they are tightening up )

Of the many positive reviews ( on here and other sites) there are many spam imho. BUT the majority of negative reviews are removed because p-shop threaten legal action. They do not like negative reviews or comments & potential purchasers do not get a balanced view, or are aware of the pitfalls at all.

They have been cancelling orders of late, then re-advertising products at higher prices.

They try to get folk to buy using direct bank-transfer, instead of by credit card which gives at least some protection.

It seems they apparently 5muggle goods into the UK without paying duty/VAT ( hence the savings ) leaving the buyer to pay HMRC if the item is stopped. ( they point out themselves the buyers responsibility on their site under their T&C's )

Their UK `warehouse` is a middleman in Crawley & their orderline is a virtual/serviced office in Cumbria.

I'm sure many folk don't have a problem....but many do.

Hopefully HMRC are onto these guys.

Sianon36's reply to Reportedtotradingstandards's Comment

Written on: 03/09/2013

From the cashback terms and conditions available freely on the canon website:

1.4 All products must be purchased within the UK or ROI from a UK or ROI
retailer and must have been supplied and distributed to retailers by Canon
UK Ltd or Canon group companies located in the European Economic Area
(EEA). Please check with your retailer that this is the case to help avoid
disappointment
1.5 All products must be new and genuine Canon products. Purchases of
second hand, refurbished or reconditioned products, or products which are
counterfeit or infringe the intellectual property rights of the Canon group of
companies in any way (for example, including but not limited to parallel or
“grey” products) will not qualify under this promotion.

Unfortunatly I do not this pro camera shop meets this term so you may well not get your cashback, also the site now seems to have disapeared which is rather startling for those that have purchased through them

“Dont trust this company !!!!”

Written on: 01/09/2013

I saw a Sony SLT A77 camera body for sale here at just over £623. I read the reviews and decided to go ahead. I did not like the idea of creating a "Google wallet" to pay them, and neither did my bank. Santander, my bank, suspected fraud and refused to let them have the money from my debit card. So I had to ring the bank and sort it all out. What is wrong with a normal Debit card payment? Two days later I phoned Procamerashop to check that my order was going through, and yes, I was told.....my… Read Full Review

“Forced cancellation”

Written on: 31/08/2013

I had done a lot of on line research before deciding I could trust ProCameraShop and so I placed my order for a Panasonic/Leica 25mm, 1.4 lens with them. Their price was among the best around and I knew this was a HK business, which didn't bother me because their customer satisfaction ratings seemed good. Looking back I'm surprised they did. My lens was paid for by bank transfer and was supposed to be shipped right after bank holiday when I got a phone call from the 'shop' telling me about some… Read Full Review

Tr1Xx's Comment

Written on: 04/09/2013

The Procamerashop.co.uk website has now been down for over 4 days. Think yourself lucky to have got your money back. Personally, I would be very reluctant to use them again in future even if they do resurface.

“Great Service, Best Prices”

Written on: 28/08/2013 by PhotoJohn (1 review written)

I have just purchased the new Canon 70-200mm f2.8 is 11 lens from Pro Camera Shop. The best price I could find on the net. I placed order on Friday evening (with bank holiday Monday following)! On the Tuesday morning I received conformation of my order and it was delivered the following day. Two working days from start to finnish and no postal charges. Brilliant service! The lens is brilliant, I am aware it's an import but that isn't a problem, ok if something goes wrong I will need to pay to… Read Full Review

Reportedtotradingstandards's Response to PhotoJohn's Review

Written on: 28/08/2013

You saved over £300.?!?!?!

Doing a quick search on the net, Digitalreview is actually selling for £1599, which is cheaper than p-shops £1655, so you paid more!

In fact his lens can be bought in the UK, eg from Jessops for £1799, but with the Canon £200 cashback, you could have bought it for less & had a genuine manufacturers warranty!

Why buy a grey import with cheap warranty from an Asian supplier for more money? Something aint right! (Either you....or this `review`)

Photojohn's reply to Reportedtotradingstandards's Comment

Written on: 28/08/2013

I paid £1387.90 from this company only two days ago, looks like they have increased the price of this lens within the past two days. I have to admit I didn't check the price today when I posted the review.
Even with a £200 cash back from Jessops I still saved over £200 so I am happy!

“Macro lens experience”

Written on: 28/08/2013 by DavidAN (1 review written)

ProCameraShop is appreciably (but not ludicrously) cheaper than other sources (if you take up its discount for bank transfer payments) but the buying experience is one of the best, in terms of communication, that I've had. There was a problem with its warehouse systems that resulted in a couple of days delay - a bit worrying when you don't have the assurance of a credit card payment. However, regular email contact was maintained and a person was available on the phone to advise when to expect… Read Full Review

“Order Cancelled”

Written on: 27/08/2013

I placed an order at the weekend for a Canon EOS 60D Digital SLR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Kit at £504.99, great price I was happy. Today I come home from work to an email stating they have problems with their warehouse and that they have no idea when these will be resolved so have cancelled my order. Odd I think so check the website again and the price of this product has magically risen to £580.99. This does not seem to be a very reputable company and I certainly would not recommend using… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/08/2013

This Hong Kong supplier doesn't have a warehouse (certainly not in the UK) Their phone/orderline is a serviced/virtual office in Cumbria.

They import grey market goods to a middleman/distributor in Crawley.

It seems that if the goods advertised aren't already in the UK, prices are higher. Once they are, prices then lower.

There are also possible issues with some goods, re import taxes & VAT. The buyer COULD be asked to pay HMRC any duty due.

“5* service :)”

Written on: 27/08/2013 by Peety99 (1 review written)

I purchased my new Nikon D7100 from procamerashop just over a week ago. The price was fantastic and so was the speed of the delivery. After taking approximately 20 photographs with my new camera it developed a fault. I spoke to plenty of people on photographic forums and tried to solve the issue myself, but to no avail. I called pro camera shop first thing on Monday morning at 9 o'clock. I spoke to a gentleman, who emailed me the address to post my camera to So it could be checked over for the… Read Full Review

“Buying from Pro Camera Shop.”

Written on: 25/08/2013

After 2 of my friends had bought one. I bought NIKON 300mm f4 lense and opted to buy by bank transfer (3%less). Everything was straightforward apart from the fact I had omitted to include their reference number(my fault entirely)after this omission had been corrected received lense next day. Can't thank them enough. … Read Full Review

“Unbeatable value!”

Written on: 24/08/2013

The second time I've used Procamerashop and the service is excellent. Best prices on the web and even better with 3% discount. Excellent delivery time and for free. No fuss, they just do what they say - offer top quality items at unbeatable prices with faultless delivery… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/08/2013

They're not always the cheapest, or best. (you could actually have bought the Tamron even cheaper)

They are not a UK business, but based in Hong Kong & paying anyone, let alone a foreign importer of grey goods, by direct bank transfer is not to be recommended to others. Always use a credit card for protection.