Jarvis of St James Champagne Reviews

Jarvis of St James Champagne - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Jarvis of St James Champagne

“This Man is a discrace”

Written on: 11/03/2013

I met the lovely charming man at an event in 2012 he came across decent kind of guy.He owes my company money for goods supplied and on many different occasions said he would pay,STILL WAITING IF YOUR READING THIS. Thinking back i knew they should have been something wrong when this guy was removed from his stand on the first day,either someone had spotted him for what he has been doing in the past or the secret pics the managemaent were taking of him receiving money for samples. PLEASE PEOPLE… Read Full Review

Myrtle2014's Comment

Written on: 25/05/2014

You may be pleased to know that he has just had his house in Horsham repossessed, is it anything to do with this issue or has he been inolved with more. He was prosecuted for stealing jewellery from his clients back in 2007

Jarvis of St James Champagne

“A liar and con man.Same excuses.”

Written on: 06/11/2012

Champagne lovely. Tim Jarvis is NOT TO BE TRUSTED. I have 10+ bounced cheques and numerous promises none of which have materialised. He is at Earls Courts food fair this weekend. DO NOT PART WITH ANY CASH. Reading other reviews I have had every excuse under the sun.NEVER AGAIN… Read Full Review

Mrstoaty's Comment

Written on: 31/12/2012

Would you like to know where he lives

Tmader11's Comment

Written on: 11/03/2013

I met this charming man at an event in Nov 2012.comes across very nice with lots of money all the normal spiel.what i will say never trust this man he owed my company some money for goods supplied which i let him have at trade price.BIG MISTAKE
If you ever see this man at a show or event please make the organisers aware what he does and get him removed.i have lost my company through people like this.
THIS GUY IS A BIG NO NO BE AWARE

Mrstoaty's Comment

Written on: 31/12/2012

I used to work for this man & I used to consider him as a friend but since July 2011 he has owed me £200.
He is no longer a friend and if anyone wants to know where he lives or where he is working then let me know.
He IS a con man PLAIN & SIMPLE

Jarvis of St James Champagne

“Tim Jarvis - low-life rip off liar!!!!!”

Written on: 03/08/2012

This guy is a short ars little pr*ck - slippery and untrustworthy in every sense.. He WILL rip you off, one way or another. He thinks he knows a lot about Chaampagne, in reality he's full of sh*t - and knows very little. He just talks the talk and wears a somellier's apron! This guy has crossed me - and I will make him regret it! Take my advice and do not believe a word he says. Stay away from him - or be prepared to kick his ars when he stitches you up!… Read Full Review

Ammyj's Comment

Written on: 21/08/2012

Is he still trading??

Jarvis of St James Champagne

“The best champagne dealer”

Written on: 25/04/2012

I recently attended a boat show. I cam across a charming man called tim Jarvis. is champagne was incredible! I ordered 10 cases. They arrived within 48 hours. Fantastic… Read Full Review

Surfsidetrader's Comment

Written on: 08/05/2012

WoW! Two days after he'd been up before the beak for fraud! The guy is the scum of the earth and ripped me off for over £4k. I may well pop along to court to see his face when he's sent down. Karma!

Jamesmc's Comment

Written on: 28/06/2012

complete and utter nonsense

Written on: 29/05/2012

This piece guy ripped us at an Earls Court Exhibition on 16/01/2011 We paid £300 for Champagne. He said he will throw in a Silver Plated Champagne Stopper !!!! & free delivery. We tried to get our money returned, but after his many excuses we felt totally deflated.
AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.

“Con man ”

Written on: 25/04/2012 by Cheated121 (1 review written)

I can't believe this man is still operating , he Conned us out of £500 at the York food festival in 2010 . He has just popped up on my Likedin profile so he must be using this site to find more people to con do not trust this man don't ever give him any money you will never see your goods or money again. I am contacting the police who delt with him in 2010to make them aware that he is still operating the bare faced cheek of the man… Read Full Review

“CON MAN TIM JARVIS”

Written on: 30/11/2011

I ordered from Tim jarvis at the NEC british Ski and Board Show and paid £262 for 6 bottles. He has now missed 3 delivery dates and makes no attempt to contact you about it. He has now missed 3 deadlines to return my money. He is a con artist and I cant believe he still gets in the shows. I would have expected them to have vetted their sellers but obviously not. His company Jarvis of St James or Premier Champagnes is dissolved according to Companies HOuse and the website address does not… Read Full Review

Written on: 16/12/2011

My mother was also conned at the NEC during a Festive Fair,he was trading as "Carrot Champagne", she contacted Orchard who manage the shows and they reported surprisingly that the cheque he used to pay for the stand bounced. No vetting of vendors and a group like orchard doesn't insist on BACS/CHAPS payments for stands.

Orchard have reported him to the Police for fraud, Google is full of this type of review about him, seems he travels from Cowes week to the Southampton Boat Show, Nec and beyond, same pitch, same con. Avoid like the plague, I shall keep my eyes open for him at any shows i come across as all traders are normally indexed in the show guide, then we will see if I can get my mothers money back and pass him onto the aurthorities.

Manded's Comment

Written on: 24/04/2012

Tim Jarvis has now been taken to court for fraud - he pleaded not guilty on 23 April at horsham and a trial date will be set.

For anybody who has been conned by this man please get in touch with the police (West Sussex Criminal justice Unit) 01293 583846 to get your complaint added to the list so that this guy can get dealt with as harshly as possible..

Goozler's Comment

Written on: 28/02/2013

I was taken for a ride at the Bath Food show in 2008 is it too late to pass on the details to the police

“Steer well clear”

Written on: 29/08/2011

I was also conned by Tim 3 years ago at Wokingham Food & Drink Festival for £150. Usual story - his shipment involved in collision and needing to go back to supplier and ultimately the stock did not materialise. However, a happy ending. As organiser of Wokingham Festival this year I managed to get him to come back to Wokingham and unfortunately for him he had forgotten that he had conned me first time around. Between me and a couple of my organisers we boxed his vehicle in and managed to… Read Full Review

Dgoodch's Comment

Written on: 29/08/2011

I like I like I like!

Jarvis of St James Champagne

“CON ARTIST - DO NOT GIVE HIM ANY MONEY”

Written on: 23/08/2011 by SAMDDD333 (1 review written)

HE PROMISED TO DELIVER CHAMPAGNE FOR A CERTAIN DATE, WE PAID THE DEPOSIT WE NEVER SEEN ANY CHAMPAGNE AND TO DATW THE DEPOSIT HAS NOT BEEN RETURNED - MY ADVICE STAY WELL CLEAR… Read Full Review

Dgoodch's Response to SAMDDD333's Review

Written on: 27/08/2011

I myself have fallen for the charm and been coned report him to trading standards...I have.

“Con Man”

Written on: 10/08/2011

My husband and I had the missfortune to have met this man at the Essex Food Show where he conned us out of £223. Avoid this man at all costs… Read Full Review

Written on: 13/08/2011

I am also waiting to be paid by him and wil name and shame him.... did he mention any other events he is going to?

Dgoodch's Comment

Written on: 15/08/2011

I would like to undestand how we can stop him from trading? I to am owed money a lot! and am furious with myself to trusting him. :-(

Jarvis of St James Champagne

“This man is a liar!!! Avoid at all costs.”

Written on: 22/06/2011

We ordered 6 bottles of champagne from him at a Colchester fair in April 2011. He promised delivery, like he did to most others, within a week, two at the most. After many unanswered calls and text messages from us he made another delivery date, then another, final excuse his daughter was in hospital because she had had a car accident so he couldn't make it again. We called the police in Horsham who spoke to Essex police who are already dealing with him from a previous complaint. we then rang… Read Full Review

Jarvis of St James Champagne

“We can also now be added to the list of people conned...”

Written on: 15/04/2011 by Francesca Wall (1 review written)

We can also now be added to the list of people conned by Tim Jarvis. The address he provided is fictitious. Registered address at Companies House: Saxon House, Saxon Way, Cheltenham, GL52 6QX. Anyone been successful in reclaiming their money? OFT and Trading Standards informed once again… Read Full Review

Jamesmc's Response to Francesca Wall's Review

Written on: 21/04/2011

he did the same to me at the Cartier Polo last year, the same nonsense about FedEx (didn't hold much sway with me as I am a UPS Lawyer!!) broken bottles, stock, France etc.
<br/>
<br/>I got the money back from my credit card company, and contacted the police, who were already investigating him, based on other complaints

Manded's Response to Francesca Wall's Review

Written on: 24/04/2012

Tim Jarvis has now been taken to court for fraud - he pleaded not guilty on 23 April at Haywards Heath Magistrates Court to a charge of fraud by false representation and as a result a new full trial date will be set.

For anybody who has been conned by this man please get in touch with the police (West Sussex Criminal justice Unit) 01293 583846 cj.crawley@sussex.pnn.police.uk to get your complaint added to the list so that this guy can get dealt with as harshly as possible..

Jarvis of St James Champagne

“We have also be conned by Mr Tim Jarvis. We bought 6...”

Written on: 31/03/2011 by DME (1 review written)

We have also be conned by Mr Tim Jarvis. We bought 6 bottle fo Rose Champagne from him at the Marlow Food Fair in September 2010 and have never seen them. We also got the "damaged by Fedex" story, he was then "in France buying more". I also managed to track him down on his mobile and his latest excuse was "his wife was in hospital". All our expereinces are too late but this man must ne stopped… Read Full Review

Jarvis of St James Champagne

“Hi everyone, having read some of the stories below, I...”

Written on: 28/03/2011 by lovejok2 (1 review written)

Hi everyone, having read some of the stories below, I feel slightly luckier than most in that I have had two previous deliveries successfully delivered (albeit late) and am currently awaiting my third, however I've been waiting since the Cheltenham food festival in June 2010 and have yet to receive my £500 order.

Some of you have requested Tim's home address - here it is:
Abbotts Lee
Farthings Hill
Horsham
West Sussex
RH12 1TS

I've decided that a refund is probably the best course of action… Read Full Review

Dgoodch's Response to lovejok2's Review

Written on: 15/08/2011

did you get you money?

Myrtle2014's Response to lovejok2's Review

Written on: 25/05/2014

You may be pleased to know that he has just had his house in Horsham repossessed, is it anything to do with this issue or has he been inolved with more? He was prosecuted for stealing jewellery from his clients back in 2007

Jarvis of St James Champagne

“I ordered a mixed case of champagne at Cheltenham...”

Written on: 20/03/2011

I ordered a mixed case of champagne at Cheltenham races, before Christmas, I was told that the case would be delivered first week of December, nothing arrived and after a couple of calls half a case came. It is now March and I am still waiting for the rest. Called last week to be told that there was a problem getting the champagne from the vineyard. I suspect that I will never see the remaining bottles. The website also seems to be blank… Read Full Review

Jarvis of St James Champagne

“Ordered a case of champagne in September at the York...”

Written on: 16/12/2010

Ordered a case of champagne in September at the York food festival, still awaiting delivery three months later. The man is clearly not trustworthy. Countless excuses.We have clearly been conned!… Read Full Review

Jarvis of St James Champagne

“My husband ordered 6 bottles of champagne from Tim...”

Written on: 06/11/2010

My husband ordered 6 bottles of champagne from Tim Jarvis at the CLA Game Fair at Belvoir Castle in July 2009. Delivery never happened - same excuses that I have just read about Fedex breaking the bottles etc. It's never convenient to talk on the phone - he will phone back and he had not responded to any emails… Read Full Review

Jarvis of St James Champagne

“Oh no. I have just read all these reviews and I am...”

Written on: 28/10/2010

Oh no. I have just read all these reviews and I am another victim of Tim Jarvis and his inadequate delivery and lies regarding Fedex and broken bottles. I have threatened 7 day action over 12 bottles and a £ 500 payment but doubt whether I will get any satisfaction. I am going to print off these reviews and should I find him at any other show, I will distribute them to potential purchasers. This man must be stopped… Read Full Review

Champagne George's Comment

Written on: 04/12/2010

If anyone who has been robbed lives in the Ripley area, here's your chance! I see that Jarvis of St. James will be exhibiting at the Xmas Show at Ripley Castle on 10th to 12th December 2010.

Jarvis of St James Champagne

“Jarvis of St James took our money in full at The...”

Written on: 18/08/2010

Jarvis of St James took our money in full at The Suffolk Show in June 2010 and have not delivered. Tim Jarvis told us that it was out for delivery by Fedex, which we checked and found to be untrue. He agreed to refund the £400 but failed to do so. We have just seen these reviews and have reported him to trading standards and the police.

We are suprised that this appears to have gone on for so long… Read Full Review

Jarvis of St James Champagne

“Essex police incident no 734 of 02/8/10 report him ”

Written on: 02/08/2010

Essex police incident no 734 of 02/8/10 report him… Read Full Review

Jarvis of St James Champagne

“What a horror show. Taken our money but not delivered...”

Written on: 27/07/2010

What a horror show. Taken our money but not delivered the goods. Does any one have their address?… Read Full Review

Jamesmc's Comment

Written on: 03/08/2010

hi - he's done the same to me; review centre wont let me post his home address, if you have an email address i will sent it to you. did you pay by credit card?

Nemesis9's Comment

Written on: 16/12/2010

I am a fellow victim - he conned me out of &pound;200 in September.