Fuji Finepix S304 Reviews

• Battery Life

Fuji Finepix S304 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Fuji Finepix S304

Fuji Finepix S304

“Bought my S304 in 2003. After 7+ years still working...”

Written on: 02/12/2010

Bought my S304 in 2003. After 7+ years still working great. With only 3.2MP, 6X zoom, it can produce excellent photos. Satisfied with it. Excellent colours, very vibrant. However, not too sensitive with low light. Overall, it is a good buy for me. Will keep it as long as it still works… Read Full Review

Fuji Finepix S304

“Bought in 2003 ,used daily, absolutely reliable,...”

Written on: 02/07/2010

Bought in 2003 ,used daily, absolutely reliable, quality workhorse. No gripes at all , superb picture clarity and colour saturation. Edit photos with Picasa to customise. As an Artist I use this machine 2 -3 times a year for promotional and print purposes commercially with great success. This camera should not need updating until it can be slimmed down, difficult with the excellent x6 zoom. Tried loads of similar spec cameras, nothing touches it for the price , and it's 7 years old!!!!… Read Full Review

Fuji Finepix S304

“This is a great camera. You won't fond better if you...”

Written on: 09/02/2008

This is a great camera. You won't fond better if you have quite large pockets. Brilliant picture quality on the Fuji Finepix S304 even if it is a little bulky… Read Full Review

Fuji Finepix S304

“Brilliant Cam! I am still using it 3 years on even...”

Written on: 28/01/2008

Brilliant Cam! I am still using it 3 years on even after buying a SLR Cam!

Never had a fault with the cam.
Somone else put that the card clip broke off but Im very heavy handed with mine and never had a problem with it… Read Full Review

Fuji Finepix S304

“Don't take too much notice of the bad press some...”

Written on: 12/01/2008 by sharkhunter (1 review written)

Don't take too much notice of the bad press some people have given, buy from a reputable dealer or buy cheap on Ebay and have a good time capturing some excellent photos. Quality is magnificent for a camera of this price range. If you buy off Ebay then buy cheap. I did and I have had a great experience. Check out your seller though and check his feedback. Please also check you get adapter ring with camera as you can then start the fun bits like filters, telephoto lenses and wide angle lenses… Read Full Review

Fuji Finepix S304

“I have had the Fuji Finepix S304 camera less than 2...”

Written on: 25/10/2005 by paulashley (1 review written)

I have had the Fuji Finepix S304 camera less than 2 years and for no apparent reason it has just stopped working. I took it to a camara shop and they said it is cheaper to buy a new one than it was to have it repaired. what a con. I will not be buying another fuji… Read Full Review

R C Bovill's Response to paulashley's Review

Written on: 21/08/2006

I have had an S304 since 2002. It is my first digital camera. I have been taking photographs for 70 years - which doesn't mean I know everything about photography! However as an experienced hand I must say that the S304 has served me very well and I have taken hundreds of pictures with it and it has never given me any problems whatever mode I use. Any indifferent quality pictures have been due to me and not to the camera.
<br/>
<br/>There are no doubt better cameras but, even at the price paid four years ago, I find it hard to fault unless one is really "nit-picking". I haven&#039;t yet sold my 35mm SLR but I am considering doing so and upgrading to a later Fuji digital model - my wife has had her eye on the 304 for some time and I would certainly recommend it as a starting point for anyone who is a first time user of digital cameras. However it should be used with rechargeable batteries.

Fuji Finepix S304

“Fuji Finepix S304 - In overall terms, it is a...”

Written on: 26/06/2005 by Victor M Silva (1 review written)

Fuji Finepix S304 - In overall terms, it is a tremendously fine camera, taking into consideration its features and the price. I have been using it for the last two years and it has become a most effective tool!… Read Full Review

Fuji Finepix S304

“The Fuji Finepix S304 Camera has a good feel about it...”

Written on: 10/04/2005 by specki14 (1 review written)

The Fuji Finepix S304 Camera has a good feel about it and looks great. It takes brilliant pictures but why can't they be on a counter system like SONY?
I have lost so many pictures because of this stupid software? Hate it this is the reason why I will sell my S304 not because of the quality but because of the stupidness of the SOFTWARE… Read Full Review

Fuji Finepix S304

“I've been using Fuji FinePix S304 for more than 8...”

Written on: 13/08/2004 by cellinux (2 reviews written)

I've been using Fuji FinePix S304 for more than 8 months now. Did not have any problems with it. Purchasing 4 rechargeables was of great help. I only recharge them once every two weeks. I must admit that I took almost all images in automatic mode, even night pictures. The results have been more than satisfactory. I wonder why the S304 isn't even mentioned on the FujiFilm site. Very easy to setup and use, I've read the manual 3 months after I purchased it, because there was no need for… Read Full Review

Specki14's Response to cellinux's Review

Written on: 10/04/2005

The Camera is of good quality but why on earth do you have to reinstall date, time, etc. after replacing batteries or why can't the pictures be on a counter system like SONY????
<br>Lost so many pictures this way..............

Cmmatthews's Response to cellinux's Review

Written on: 06/05/2005

I have a Fuji S304 and after I had owned it for about 9 months or so it started losing settings when the four re-chargeable batteries were replaced. I realised this was a fault and it was returned to Fuji under warranty. Now the clip which closes the door where the memory card is housed has broken and the camera has again been sent back to Fuji, which cost me £15, which I was told would be taken off the cost of repair. I've now been advised that the repair will cost £139.50!! When I queried it with the shop they telephoned Fuji, who said they would get a technician to look at the camera and asked the shop to phone them on Monday afternoon. All I want is the door replaced, not the complete refurnishment they want to do, or do they want to do this because when I get the camera back with a new door something else will go wrong. I've not yet had the camera two years. Has anyone else had the clip on the door break?

☆☆☆☆☆
Fuji Finepix S304

“DO NOT buy From a Fuji dealer in Paphos or Nicosia in...”

Written on: 29/05/2004 by bobrowell (3 reviews written)

DO NOT buy From a Fuji dealer in Paphos or Nicosia in Cyprus because they will not honour the Fuji guarantee. They will lie to you and give all sorts of excuses, they will pretend they have completed a repair on your camera but in reality they do nothing to resolve your problems.
I am now having to go legal to resolve my issues with my Fuji Finepix S304
Fuji cameras - Don't bother buying one if you live in Cyprus!! Maybe the same service is worldwide. I certainly won't take the chance again… Read Full Review

Faceprouk's Response to bobrowell's Review

Written on: 20/05/2005

This is a service problem not a review of the camera or its functions - most unhelpful.

Fuji Finepix S304

“I wrote a review on this Fuji Finepix S304 Digital...”

Written on: 08/05/2004 by bobrowell (3 reviews written)

I wrote a review on this Fuji Finepix S304 Digital camera a few months ago but I am still having the same problems. The original camera was repaired 3 times and the new replacemant camera has just been returned for the 2nd time, but the same fault still remains. The dealership have now offered to exchange my S304 with a different model, I'm not sure what to go for but I hope I'll be able to find one that I can rely on at last. Has anyone else out there experienced this problem?… Read Full Review

Stevezoe's Response to bobrowell's Review

Written on: 11/05/2005

I haven't had the same problems of it switching on and off but I did put 6 volts of power into it and it doesn't work now. Do you know if it has a fuse system in it? and can it be reset? or is it knackered?

Fuji Finepix S304

“The Fuji Finepix S304 is a great Digital Camera which...”

Written on: 14/02/2004 by bobrowell (3 reviews written)

The Fuji Finepix S304 is a great Digital Camera which initially I was very pleased with, it took great pictures, but now I am now on my third replacement within a year due to the fault of it switching off and on at random, so I now have to question the reliability of this model.
Sorry Fuji this is your last chance, sort the problem out or I exchange it for a different make. Please don't tell me to move from Cyprus because I love living here!… Read Full Review

Rollerdoor's Response to bobrowell's Review

Written on: 08/05/2004

I dont think the humidity is the problem, I live in South Australia and my S304 has exactly the same problem.

Willarch's Response to bobrowell's Review

Written on: 29/09/2009

I found this review somewhat helpful because...I have a similar problem. I have found that the battery cover catch wears or distorts in some way causing one or more of the batteries to come out of contact thus switching of or losing settings. To prove the point I have bound Selotape over the cover and around the camera body. No more problems but it is not easy to do without overlapping controls, it doesn't last forever and it doesn't look pretty.

Iheartyouryan's Response to bobrowell's Review

Written on: 01/02/2008

Its definetly not the country that's the problem, because I live in Montreal, Canada. I purchased a Fujifilm A820, and I have the same problem. I've had the camera for less than two months now, and it shuts off randomly all the time, and won't turn on the majority of the time, even with brand new batteries. Should I send it in to be repaired?

Written on: 07/03/2005

Hello Keith,
<br>My S304 gave exactly the same problems and my dealer tried to repair the fault and even exchanged the camera, but still the same thing happened. The dealer kept insisting I was the only person with this problem.
<br>Eventually I was so fed up I wrote to Fuji in Japan and they contacted my dealer here in Cyprus and told them to replace it free of charge for the S5000 which they did and so far I'm pleaased with it.
<br>We are not the only ones who have experienced the problem with the S304, so why don't Fuji own up and admit they have a problem with this model?
<br>Recall it and do whatever they have to do to sort out the problem - don't let the dealers fob you off with excuses and give an otherwise reputable company a bad name.
<br>Would I buy another Fuji product? - No way would I risk going through all that hassle again.

Keith Lello's Response to bobrowell's Review

Written on: 05/03/2005

I purchased my Fuji on eBay and thought I had a real bargain except that the camera would switch itself off within a short period of time. I thought it was because of the rechargable batteries the previous owner had supplied.
<br>
<br>After a time. The "switch-off" period began to get shorter and shorter and became a problem. I recently had to do some serious photography so took some alkaline cells with me. It was worse and the camera became unusable during the session through not allowing sufficient time to compose a shot.
<br>
<br>I am a qualified electronic serviceman and possibly could fix such a fault myself if I had the appropriate information. Any help out there?
<br>
<br>My assessment: Great camera with a serious design fault the manufacturer is reluctant to either acknowledge, let alone correct. This attitude leads to a loss of confidence in that brand name.
<br>Keith Lello

Bob 1's Response to bobrowell's Review

Written on: 11/11/2004

No problem from Australia, extended warranty service great, camera good as new !
<br>Bob

Sk631217's Response to bobrowell's Review

Written on: 10/11/2004

In reply to bobrowell, Thank you for your advise but I have already written to Fuji Japan and from that the repairing charges was reduced from $162 to $115 and then I realised that either I should pay this amount and use it or loose what ever I had invested before. Hence my comment is that the service after sales from Grant Store is worse than the camera itself.

Written on: 09/11/2004

In reply to SK631217 - I had very bad problems with service for my S304 and after several months I decided to write to the MD of Fujifilm in Japan.
<br>Within a couple of weeks my S304 was replaced with a brand new S5000 as I had requested. Try writing to Fuji direct, why should you have to pay for a repair when the camera is still under warranty. good luck

Sk631217's Response to bobrowell's Review

Written on: 07/11/2004

I purchased my S304 after a good recommendation from my German friend but after 10 months it's picture got blurred, when gave for repairing under warranty I was told that internal screws are missing and lens unit has to be replaced and asked me $162 but after several complaint only difference was the repair charge was reduced to $115. I had no option than to get it repaired with $115 although under warranty period. The camera is not good, had lens problem with utmost careful usage, and the sale after service is worst. I am staying in Dubai and the service centre is Grand Store.

Rollerdoor's Response to bobrowell's Review

Written on: 02/08/2004

My camera was sent off to Fuji for repairs under an extended warranty I had purchased with it (fortunately). Six weeks later it was returned to me with a note saying it was now OK.
<br>Unfortunately it still has the problem so it is back to Fuji again, hopefully not for six weeks.
<br>Definately the last Fuji I will buy.

Bob 1's Response to bobrowell's Review

Written on: 16/07/2004

G'Day,
<br>My S304 has started displaying the same problem. I noticed it first when the camera was about 10 months old but thought it was just batteries not fully charged.Unfortunately the problem has persisted. I have contacted the local distributor and they have authorised an extended waranty claim. I'll keep you posted on the result!
<br>I would comment that the camera takes brilliant photo's (when I get it right),and I have been extremely happy to this time.
<br>regards
<br>Bob

Written on: 29/05/2004

Hello Rollerdoor. Thanks for your comment on the S304. I have been assured by my local Fuji dealer that I am the only person to have this problem and they are not willing to honour the camera guarantee. I'd be grateful if you would email to let me know of your problem and how Fuji overcame it. My Fuji dealer here in Cyprus has offered me the S5000 as a replacement providing I pay 200 CY Pounds towards it!! Any help would be appreciated to bobrf@yahoo.com

Fuji Finepix S304

“This Fuji Finepix S304 digital camera works. It is...”

Written on: 30/12/2003 by rm25sd (1 review written)

This Fuji Finepix S304 digital camera works. It is cheap, has a plastic feel and will not last a 1000 years. It also take really good photographs. In 5 years time I will upgrade, but the S304 will have earnt a good retirement by then. The time 6 zoom is amazing. I am in a local camera club (Romford, Essex) am now am 80% digital. Sure you can spend lots more for metal, chrome etc camera that will last for 30 years, but ask yourself.....why? Would you use a Brownie now?… Read Full Review

Fuji Finepix S304

“Overall the Fuji Finepix S304 Digital Camera does have...”

Written on: 29/09/2003 by carsgroup (8 reviews written)

Overall the Fuji Finepix S304 Digital Camera does have a lack of options. There are only four pre-programmed scenes to choose from and you can't set the ISO settings. That said, to the beginner this lack of control will probably be welcomed with open arms. This is a camera that won't confuse, but still gives the user the benefit of a long optical zoom and fairly good pictures… Read Full Review

Fuji Finepix S304

“Have had this camera for a year now and taken some...”

Written on: 20/09/2003 by Martin z (2 reviews written)

Have had this camera for a year now and taken some great shots, some I took were used in a portfolio for a modelling agency and got them the contract with the agency so I think that shows how professional the photos taken can be… Read Full Review

“”

Written on: 14/06/2003 by nikonnuts. (1 review written)

Have had this camera for 1 year and can say it takes great landscape shots.
It has very good image quality up to A4 prints on fine mode.

I can not believe nobody has noticed that this camera has a shutter lag that makes it impossible to take action shots, it realy is a problem as by the time you press the button the action has moved on!!… Read Full Review

Wbmstr-G.'s Response to nikonnuts.'s Review

Written on: 17/06/2003

Every camera has a shutter lag, due to the autofocus adjust timer. RTFM!

Guycalledbruce's Response to nikonnuts.'s Review

Written on: 30/07/2004

Interesting that you mention the shutter lag. I tried the camera this week and found the lag unusably long.

Andyh's Response to nikonnuts.'s Review

Written on: 01/12/2003

I have a 2800 zoom which is very similar and for action shots I use the continous shoot option hoping I get one of what I want from the four

Eddya.'s Response to nikonnuts.'s Review

Written on: 06/07/2003

Agree the shutter time lag will cause a lot of problems as will the limited ASA100 setting, Thankfully the manual mode allows faster shutter settings via the apperture priority setting and sports mode. I bought it to take sports photos so I hope I can overcome the problems with panning shots etc.

Fuji Finepix S304

“Had a lot of fun with my Fuji Finepix S304 yet!...”

Written on: 05/06/2003 by Wbmstr-G. (1 review written)

Had a lot of fun with my Fuji Finepix S304 yet! Picture quality is above expectations; Fuji did succeed in making a low-cost camera that can take night shots at ease and the day shots are even better. I wanted a camera that was easy to handle and I got it!… Read Full Review

Fuji Finepix S304

“The Fuji Finepix S304 is a great camera - feels good...”

Written on: 30/05/2003 by Jim W. (1 review written)

The Fuji Finepix S304 is a great camera - feels good in the hand and is a pleasure to use. Quick to record your snaps and the on-screen functions are easy to follow and use.Even though it looks a large camera its still light and is no problem to carry around all day.The zoom is outstanding and with the additional adapter ring lots of other lenses can be added to give an outstanding all round camera… Read Full Review

111853_Lee Williams.'s Response to Jim W.'s Review

Written on: 30/06/2003

great help to me think i just purchase one.

Brimon's Response to Jim W.'s Review

Written on: 08/04/2004

I have the same problem with the camera not being recognised by XP and as suggested I have reloaded the software but to no avail! I purchased an xD card reader and have no problems now. The camera is great though!

Bob Morgan's Response to Jim W.'s Review

Written on: 27/01/2004

Try reloading software. My camera is easily recognised by Xp and I have never had any problems downloading.

Fuji Finepix S304

“A very nice and handy camera with excellent picture...”

Written on: 18/03/2003 by Snapshot. (1 review written)

A very nice and handy camera with excellent picture quality for a 3M type. Storage of pics is fast, even in 3M fine mode and recharge of flash (less than a sec). The zoom range is excellent and quite unique in this range of camera's (38 -228mm, 35mm equivalent) and delivers great results. Easy to use, you can start taking pictures within 5 minutes and have pretty nice results for a first timer. The included Finepixviewer programs are nice to have (when you're a starter, more than… Read Full Review

Bertie's Response to 80957_Snapshot.'s Review

Written on: 26/09/2003

Snapshot - could you please say why you find the EVF useless and also give some idea on battery life?
<br>Otherwise, a very useful review for a prospective buyer.

151956_Wedgie's Response to 80957_Snapshot.'s Review

Written on: 18/04/2004

The EVF in low light conditions is a problem, but then, so is the LCD.

G Grahame77's Response to 80957_Snapshot.'s Review

Written on: 17/11/2003

I disagree with your opinion on the electric viewfinder, and prefer it to the LCD screen. The EVF has a much higher resolutuion to the lcd screen, giving a more true to life representation of colour, composure ect. Also having used SLR camera for over 6 years, using the viewfinder feels a lot more natural like a true "through the lens" view. The other bonus is that it uses less battery power than the screen.

Fuji Finepix S304

“Having graduated from an RDC6000, this camera is the...”

Written on: 02/03/2003 by Wedgie. (1 review written)

Having graduated from an RDC6000, this camera is the bees knees. It has a good flash recharge time and manual control options. It is light and the controls are well positioned and easy to use. Colours & definition excellent. My other option was the A303 but the 6x optical and sound swayed me… Read Full Review

120176_Bertie.'s Response to 76721_Wedgie.'s Review

Written on: 30/07/2003

I have an A303 which also has no sepia but I think some of the photo-manipulation programs have the facilities to make ones pictures look like anything!
<br>
<br>I think Fuji cameras are great.